10-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Always has been bro...

Best Player in the Western Conference.

dabom
10-26-2016, 02:45 PM
MVP year.

K...
10-26-2016, 02:54 PM
Now? Now? Like not last year? What the he'll kinds of vanilla fan doesn't recognize kawhi stardom properly?

BD24
10-26-2016, 02:57 PM
He has a real shot at MVP if we can finish first in the West. He will need to put up at least 25 PPG though I imagine as the voters love their points.

Realistically it comes down to him and LeBron since Curry and Durant are on the same team. Rockets, Blazers, and Thunder won't be good enough for any of the top players their to get it.

BillMc
10-26-2016, 02:59 PM
He has a real shot at MVP if we can finish first in the West. He will need to put up at least 25 PPG though I imagine as the voters love their points.

Realistically it comes down to him and LeBron since Curry and Durant are on the same team. Rockets, Blazers, and Thunder won't be good enough for any of the top players their to get it.

This. But our only chance is, as you say, a first seed.

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 03:02 PM
how many points did kawhi drop last night?
http://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Kevin-Durant-2.jpg

apalisoc_9
10-26-2016, 03:03 PM

Doubt he needs the first seed. Finishing second with 23ppg should be enough provided the Cavs finish with less wins and the Rockets and Thunder are both 4th seeds and under....

Need to root for atlanta, Boston, Toronto to somehow finish with more wind than CLE...if one of them finish above, CLE..Kawhi probably wins it.

BD24
10-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Doubt he needs the first seed. Finishing second with 23ppg should be enough provided the Cavs finish with less wins and the Rockets and Thunder are both 4th seeds and under....

Need to root for atlanta, Boston, Toronto to somehow finish with more wind than CLE...if one of them finish above, CLE..Kawhi probably wins it.
I don't know, I just can't see the media giving the MVP to a perimeter plater only scoring 23 ppg, especially since Kawhi doesn't have the assist numbers that LeBron does. He needs to somehow seperate himself from LeBron in the voters eyes. Obviously the defense piece is huge, the media doesn't value defense as much as they should though.

Realistically I feel like it is LeBrons award to lose this year. Media is already going to want to basically apologize for giving it to Curry instead of him the last 2 years.

Nathan89
10-26-2016, 03:08 PM
Kawhi took another step forward on offense. Dude is approached one of the best teams in the league like he did the summer league a few years ago. Just being aggressive and confident with the ball. Physically just overwhelming his opponents. Looked like the best player on the court and it wasn't even close.

eDizzle20
10-26-2016, 03:09 PM
He did a great job sizing up his defenders last night before dropping the midrange jumper or driving it to the bucket. Very Kobe like. I wonder if he talked with Kawhi in the offseason?

apalisoc_9
10-26-2016, 03:19 PM
I don't know, I just can't see the media giving the MVP to a perimeter plater only scoring 23 ppg, especially since Kawhi doesn't have the assist numbers that LeBron does. He needs to somehow seperate himself from LeBron in the voters eyes. Obviously the defense piece is huge, the media doesn't value defense as much as they should though.

Realistically I feel like it is LeBrons award to lose this year. Media is already going to want to basically apologize for giving it to Curry instead of him the last 2 years.

Curry won with 23 ppg two years ago being a defensive liability. :lol

spursistan
10-26-2016, 03:23 PM
He'll also have to "shutdown" Lebron in the two H2H matchups with them to sway the votes..

apalisoc_9
10-26-2016, 03:24 PM
He'll also have to "shutdown" Lebron in the two H2H matchups with them to sway the votes..

Thats also going to be key :lol

BD24
10-26-2016, 03:25 PM
Curry won with 23 ppg two years ago being a defensive liability. :lol
They were also had the best record in the league. Which goes back to the Spurs needing to snag the 1 for him to get it imo.

apalisoc_9
10-26-2016, 03:28 PM
They were also had the best record in the league. Which goes back to the Spurs needing to snag the 1 for him to get it imo.

Except that the warriors are already unanimously expected to finish first but also not deserving of an MVP trophy. Essentially the second seed is the first seed for kawhi, if they manage to get the first seed..thens its a wrap..imo.

His matchup with Lebron and the Cavs record is probably more importabt

r0drig0lac
10-26-2016, 03:28 PM

If Kawhi is better than LeBron in this season, he will be the MVP.
Media also loves Kawhi Leonard

Arcadian
10-26-2016, 03:31 PM
3-peat DPOY + MVP + FMVP + Championship = Kawhi '17

BD24
10-26-2016, 03:41 PM
I hope so :flag:

kobyz
10-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Can this poster get limited for one thread a day???

Mel_13
10-26-2016, 04:11 PM
how many points did kawhi drop last night?

Do you know anything about the building in your sig? I noticed it while sitting in Bryant Park last week. Definitely distinctive.

Raven
10-26-2016, 04:11 PM
the question shouldn't be about him winning the MVP, it should be about him being the next MJ. He has a better shot than Lebron ever had.

phyzik
10-26-2016, 04:25 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/QTP_161024KawhiLeonardMarvel/san-antonio-spurs-forward-kawhi-leonard-gets-mystical-power-marvel-doctor-strange

Kawhi "Doctor Strange" Leonard

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2016/1023/r144085_640x960_2-3.jpg

Here is the rest of them: http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/doctorstrange/doctor-stephen-strange-gives-lebron-james-stephen-curry-kevin-durant-mystical-powers

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Do you know anything about the building in your sig? I noticed it while sitting in Bryant Park last week. Definitely distinctive.
yeah, it's the american radiator building, built in 1924. it's been converted to the bryant park hotel. i'm a big fan of art deco, brutalism.

Mel_13
10-26-2016, 04:32 PM
yeah, it's the american radiator building, built in 1924. it's been converted to the bryant park hotel. i'm a big fan of art deco, brutalism.

Thanks.

You may be interested in this blog:

http://daytoninmanhattan.blogspot.com

His post on that building:

http://daytoninmanhattan.blogspot.com/2010/07/breaking-ground-in-black-and-gold.html

TrainOfThought5
10-26-2016, 04:42 PM
the question shouldn't be about him winning the MVP, it should be about him being the next MJ. He has a better shot than Lebron ever had.

Im patiently waiting to bump my Kawhichael Jordan thread.

NameLess Scrub
10-26-2016, 04:43 PM

It's Lebron's to lose every year.

DJR210
10-26-2016, 04:55 PM

fap fap fap

FkLA
10-26-2016, 05:06 PM

:claw

BackHome
10-26-2016, 05:30 PM
:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Dabom this is he best thread you have created in a long time here is hoping you keep more coming with Spurs victories.........:)

K...
10-26-2016, 05:34 PM
It's Lebron's to lose every year.

he tends to coast these past few years. definitely hurts him. I thought he was a lock to win last year

dabom
10-26-2016, 05:46 PM
Dabom this is he best thread you have created in a long time here is hoping you keep more coming with Spurs victories.........:)All my threads are great. I guess this one is just to l33t. :tu

gambit1990
10-26-2016, 08:00 PM
Thanks.

You may be interested in this blog:

http://daytoninmanhattan.blogspot.com

His post on that building:

http://daytoninmanhattan.blogspot.com/2010/07/breaking-ground-in-black-and-gold.html
:tu

you live in ny?

had an opportunity to move up there awhile back. should be getting another one in a couple months.

Mel_13
10-26-2016, 09:55 PM
:tu

you live in ny?

had an opportunity to move up there awhile back. should be getting another one in a couple months.

I make several trips every year to visit my grad student daughter. Great place to spend some time while you're young.

spurspokesman
10-27-2016, 12:20 AM
Hopefully him and LA can sustain the offensive output.

NameLess Scrub
10-27-2016, 06:54 AM
he tends to coast these past few years. definitely hurts him. I thought he was a lock to win last year

You're probably right, but I think he would have lost it last season anyway. Curry's numbers and team record was too much.

turb0time
10-27-2016, 09:38 AM
:bobo:claw

Russo21
10-27-2016, 10:14 AM
He did a great job sizing up his defenders last night before dropping the midrange jumper or driving it to the bucket. Very Kobe like. I wonder if he talked with Kawhi in the offseason? I cant be bothered trying to dig up a link but apparently Kawhi did talk/train with Kobe this offseason :)

TheDoctor
10-27-2016, 10:28 AM
He did a great job sizing up his defenders last night before dropping the midrange jumper or driving it to the bucket. Very Kobe like. I wonder if he talked with Kawhi in the offseason?

I cant be bothered trying to dig up a link but apparently Kawhi did talk/train with Kobe this offseason :)

Links:

CBS (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pop-asks-kobe-to-help-kawhi-leonard-improve-bryant-happy-to-oblige/)

Bleacher Report

ESPN
(http://www.espn.com/blog/san-antonio-spurs/post/_/id/450/gregg-popovich-hopes-kobe-bryant-mentors-kawhi-leonard)

boutons_deux
10-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Hopefully him and LA can sustain the offensive output.

Spurs bench scoring won that game.

SpurSwag
10-27-2016, 12:13 PM
I think there's a decent chance Kawhi can get DPOY and MVP this year. He'll definitely be in the top 3 for MVP (one of Russ/Harden will put up ridiculous enough numbers to get people's votes) and DPOY could get a little tricky due to voter fatigue, but either way he's clearly solidifying himself amongst the games greats. Not that last year was a fluke by any standards, but I'm excited to see him string together several of these caliber seasons so he becomes universally recognized as a top 5 player. I still have a bunch of friends that put him below or at the level of Paul George and Lillard which baffles me.

Horse
10-27-2016, 12:21 PM

Agree for the most part but wonder with kyries performance in the finals will he take votes away from lebitch?

gambit1990
10-28-2016, 01:11 AM
I make several trips every year to visit my grad student daughter. Great place to spend some time while you're young.
have a nice time.

DenialTwist
10-28-2016, 01:26 AM
Kawhi would be even better if he had a decent starting pg to get him easier shots. Imagine CP3 on the spurs. LMA and Kawhi would be getting theirs and others would score easily too.