PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Duds should offer Klay/Gaymond for Anthony Davis

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 11:24 PM
The Pelicans are going to eventually trade Davis so why not move him before he becomes disgruntled like Cousins. If I'm the Duds, I would offer to take the Asik contract as a sweetener: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j5c24mr

SpursIndonesia
10-26-2016, 11:40 PM
Yeah, solid proposal, but Lacob might have to ship West as well, he is emotionally invested & attached in Thompson somehow.

Kawhitstorm
10-26-2016, 11:44 PM
Yeah, solid proposal, but Lacob might have to ship West as well, he is emotionally invested & attached in Thompson somehow.

As if D-Worst is holding up trade talks::lol

DAF86
10-26-2016, 11:46 PM
No way. First of all: That would make the Warriors go from the number 1 favourite to just another contender (and probably, a team that wouldn't win the championship this year). And second: Too many injury concerns with Davis.

spurraider21
10-27-2016, 12:05 AM
pels would never make that move

TDMVPDPOY
10-27-2016, 12:08 AM
gave him a max contract he cant refuse, so takes the contract knowing his team is shit anyway, so his unhappy? lol u cant have it both ways, something has to give...

Kawhitstorm
10-27-2016, 12:08 AM
No way. First of all: That would make the Warriors go from the number 1 favourite to just another contender (and probably, a team that wouldn't win the championship this year). And second: Too many injury concerns with Davis.

What they are missing is rim protection & rebounding. Gaymond has been relegated to a Harrison Barnes role & Klay is now essentially a glorified 3-&-D guy. They can start Iggy & have him play the Bruce Bowen role while Asik would give them better rim protection/rebounding than Zaza.

They already took a gambled on Curry's ankles so I don't think AD's soft tissue injuries would scare them off whatsoever. It's not like he tore his ACL like Rose.

Mr. Body
10-27-2016, 12:09 AM
Shittiest trade in the world for NO.

Kawhitstorm
10-27-2016, 12:10 AM
pels would never make that move

They aren't going to get a better offer as far as proven players. Two all-NBA players for one is as good as it gets if picks aren't involved.

Kawhitstorm
10-27-2016, 12:10 AM
Shittiest trade in the world for NO.

KG was essentially traded for Al Jefferson.:lol

DAF86
10-27-2016, 12:26 AM
What they are missing is rim protection & rebounding. Gaymond has been relegated to a Harrison Barnes role & Klay is now essentially a glorified 3-&-D guy. They can start Iggy & have him play the Bruce Bowen role while Asik would give them better rim protection/rebounding than Zaza.

They already took a gambled on Curry's ankles so I don't think AD's soft tissue injuries would scare them off whatsoever. It's not like he tore his ACL like Rose.

In the long run GS will probably become better with the trade (assuming Davis remains healthy), but for this season they would go from unquestionable favourites to middle of the pack contenders. They have depth issues as it is and you are proposing to trade two all-star players which also probably are their best 2 way players. I don't think is worth it for them. NO wouldn't be cool with the idea either.

Kawhitstorm
10-27-2016, 12:36 AM
In the long run GS will probably become better with the trade (assuming Davis remains healthy), but for this season they would go from unquestionable favourites to middle of the pack contenders. They have depth issues as it is and you are proposing to trade two all-star players which also probably are their best 2 way players. I don't think is worth it for them. NO wouldn't be cool with the idea either.

Losing Gaymond would be like losing Barnes b/c his role has been marginalized as Durant can do anything he does except guard centers which would be Asik/AD's job. They also have depth at the wing position so losing Klay wouldn't hurt as much especially w/ Durant being able to shoot just as well as Klay.

They essentially upgrade Gaymond w/ the most talented PF in the league, fill a void at the center position & insert McCaw into the rotation to be an energy guy like Simmons.

Of course, Davis would have to demand a trade like T-Mac for NO to pull the trigger.

DAF86
10-27-2016, 12:43 AM
Losing Gaymond would be like losing Barnes b/c his role has been marginalized as Durant can do anything he does except guard centers which would be Asik/AD's job. They also have depth at the wing position so losing Klay wouldn't hurt as much especially w/ Durant being able to shoot just as well as Klay.

They essentially upgrade Gaymond w/ the most talented PF in the league, fill a void at the center position & insert McCaw into the rotation to be an energy guy like Simmons.

Of course, Davis would have to demand a trade like T-Mac for NO to pull the trigger.

They would have to built a new team chemistry from scratch midseason (and built it for real, not like now that you only have to acclimate Durant), no way a team wins a championship having to make so many changes during a season.

Kawhitstorm
10-27-2016, 12:50 AM
They would have to built a new team chemistry from scratch midseason (and built it for real, not like now that you only have to acclimate Durant), no way a team wins a championship having to make so many changes during a season.

Rockets won a championship after trading for Drexler mid-season.:lol

Pistons won a championship after trading for Sheed mid-season.:lol

Curry/Durant/Davis can average 90 pts by running a rudimentary Curry/Davis PnR while Durant is spotting up on the strong corner, that shyt would be unguardable. Defense is a different story but it can't be any worse.:lol

Davis is dropping 50 while playing w/ a D-League supporting cast, I don't think he would have trouble dropping 30 being spoonfed by Curry.:lol

Mnky
10-27-2016, 12:57 AM
NBA 2K has left it's mark on some.

Chillen
10-27-2016, 01:30 AM
That would be highway robbery for the Warriors there, it will never happen. It would have to involve Curry for the Pelicans to even consider it for Anthony Davis. Just Thompson/Green for Davis is not a fair trade for the Pelicans for that kind of talent. I don't even think it's worth it for Curry. Davis only get's traded for Leonard or LeBron imo.

99 Problems
10-27-2016, 01:45 AM
Why give up Dray, he carrying these chuckers. U don't always give away ya best player.

Sean Cagney
10-27-2016, 01:52 AM
Why give up Dray, he carrying these chuckers. U don't always give away ya best player.

That is true and I agree but he does not have the ceiling of AD IMO. That being said neither is getting traded.

Arcadian
10-27-2016, 02:12 AM
Davis had to make up for his awful season opener last year :lol

But as a Spurs fan, fuck no they shouldn't do that. I don't want them to be ungaurdable, damn :lol

SpursIndonesia
10-27-2016, 02:58 AM
As if D-Worst is holding up trade talks::lol

Shit, i should have used "The Logo" instead, right ? :D

Mal
10-27-2016, 05:36 AM
This pure nba 2k trade. Two 90 players for one 95 and 70.

In real world this won`t happen, up until Davis is unhappy. He`s signed for a long time for right amount of money, there is no need to trade him for two pieces, when you are trully missing like 5 pieces.

spursistan
10-27-2016, 02:56 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cuk1QH8WAAARqzn.jpg

illusioNtEk
10-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Lol look how Kevin POS Durant destroyed one of the best teams ever ensembled.

Take note pop.... don't be chasing him in 2 years when his contract is up..... if you do tell that nigga he comes off the bench.