PDA

View Full Version : Boban just dunked on

Juan
10-27-2016, 09:46 AM
4wYnx78ajj0

Dex
10-27-2016, 09:56 AM
:wow

Pretty strange that Detroit threw all that money at Boban....and he only played 5 mins last night and had 1 (missed) shot attempt. He also didn't get many minutes in preseason and had a couple DNPs from what I saw.

Not sure if he is nursing an injury or something...or maybe he just isn't the basketball overlord that some people were making him out to be.

toki9
10-27-2016, 09:59 AM

Pretty strange that Detroit threw all that money at Boban....and he only played 5 mins last night and had 1 (missed) shot attempt. He also didn't get many minutes in preseason and had a couple DNPs from what I saw.

Not sure if he is nursing an injury or something...or maybe he just isn't the basketball overlord that some people were making him out to be.

He's probably just another "system" player who looks bad outside of the Spurs...

ceperez
10-27-2016, 10:01 AM
He's probably just another "system" player who looks bad outside of the Spurs...

Spurs know that he's a defensive liability and needs to be surrounded with the right players to compensate for his lack of foot speed.

Blake
10-27-2016, 10:02 AM
Op needs to be pinked for thread title assholeness

spursistan
10-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Felt sorry for him, tbh..He should ask his teammate Baynes for advice on how deal with post-posterization trauma..

But, yeah, at least he got paid..I do hope with SVG coaching he can somehow carve out a non-garbage time niche--he won't have another choice with a Detroit team that's going to be squeaking out wins in tight playoff race..

apalisoc_9
10-27-2016, 10:10 AM
Hard to imagine boban getting significant playing time. He's a terrible defender and somewhat of a ball stopper. SVG wanted to bring him in incase drummond gets injured. Thats the only way he gets significant playing time...because he does demand a really high usage rate.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-27-2016, 10:13 AM

Kind of agree, considering his body his heart could go at any time so I half believed he was really dead.

Blake
10-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Kind of agree, considering his body his heart could go at any time so I half believed he was really dead.

Yeah. I wouldn't have opened the thread otherwise

rjv
10-27-2016, 10:34 AM

he should be pinked just for having that stupid ass avatar.

Dverde
10-27-2016, 10:59 AM
At least he tried to get back in the play...never understood why they signed him with Drummond and Baynes already there.

TDomination
10-27-2016, 12:10 PM
I liked Boban, every big guy who goes for a block will get posterized one day or another

JR3
10-27-2016, 12:19 PM
I think Detroit tried to screw us by throwing all that money at him. We didn't fall for it. Glad to Hoban getting paid.

SAGirl
10-27-2016, 12:36 PM

I haven't watched Boban this season at all, but I think he benefitted majorly from a system that got him involved in good spots and great passers like Diaw, Manu and Kyle. All 3 of these guys were always looking to lob to Boban when he got deep position in the paint, and while he was a Spur he had a high usage. The games he played many guys played off him and got him involved all the time. If used right, Boban is a tremendous weapon bc we saw it...

I know ppl will say it was mostly garbage time, but it wasn't, he competed against the OKC bigs, Mavs a regular season game, he had a tremendous game against the Wolves while LMA was still in a hesitation mode and was very pedestrian. He had many good games for the Spurs, but what I remember is that he was always passed the ball to when he had a good deep position and he was very involved offensively in what they were doing. His usage % was very high and reflects that.

I am guessing that if you don't get him involved like that, then he's just in the way for perimeter players who want to get into the paint and do their thing, and he would miss a lot of opportunities to help the team with easy baskets bc he's not passed the ball to in good spots for him. As I said, I haven't watched him, but I think what I mentioned is a factor. We have to credit the Spurs players' BBIQ and Pop's coaching that got Boban always in good spots, and in situations he could do well in.

SAGirl
10-27-2016, 12:38 PM
At least he tried to get back in the play...never understood why they signed him with Drummond and Baynes already there.I saw an interview from Van Gundy where he said he was looking for a 3rd center bc they are unsure if they will be able to retain Baynes.