PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson VS. J. Simmons...

apalisoc_9
10-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Who is the better fit with the spurs?

Better player?

weebo
10-27-2016, 07:17 PM
Right now...Simmons. I mean didn't you watch the game vs the warriors? :lol

Cry Havoc
10-27-2016, 07:22 PM
I'm not convinced Simmons won't look lost when a team focuses on him when he's on defense, but he clearly has the ceiling needed to play in the NBA.

I don't see Kyle ever being a starter quality player.

K...
10-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Don't be a casual and vote for a guy on one hot game streak.

Kyle is almost guaranteed to be a quality role player. He will never get $$$$ offers so he'll be a stalwart like bonner.

Simmons is a tease. He's on the Neal path, replaced by a younger player when his contract ends.

Now if you ask, who is more disappointing then its definitively the first round pick instead of the middle age dleauge guy

I mean do you really want to compare a guy in his prime vs a young player who hasn't had a good role?

Since day one, simmons has had the same role. As other's say, kyle can be a poor man's point forward but not until manu retires.

weebo
10-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Sure, Simmons won't have many games like he did vs the warriors, but come on man, the guy plays hard and is one of those guys that plays balls to the wall. He plays like a guy that wants to stick in the league. Anderson doesn't give that impression at all.

BackHome
10-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Anderson is not a starter but he can be a decent bench guy which is not bad for a team winning 50+ games.

I like Simmons but he reminds me of Green mentally weak the key for me when he starts missing shots will he still play good defense and not turn the ball over? I know it is only one game but for me I could tell a big difference in his ball handling skills he was much better at keeping the ball in play. With that said I think both guys can help us in certain situations and I wish both a great season..

PopTheGOAT
10-27-2016, 08:14 PM
I'm not convinced Simmons won't look lost when a team focuses on him when he's on defense, but he clearly has the ceiling needed to play in the NBA.

I don't see Kyle ever being a starter quality player. If teams start focusing on Simmons that's a damn good thing lol

TheDoctor
10-27-2016, 08:27 PM
JONATHON CALVIN SIMMONS
KYLE F(athead). ANDERSON
PATFO PRESENTS
A Pair of Scrubs
A Tale of Two Suckers Beyond Words

Nathan89
10-27-2016, 09:08 PM
The biggest weakness in Simmons defense is dealing with screens. Not sure if it's been mentioned but that big weakness isn't as relevant when the Spurs switch everything vs GSW. So if we eliminate that, combined with continued growth he becomes very playable.

The answer to this question should become much more clear very quickly though. Originally I liked Simmons but for a long while he looked unplayable in the NBA. At this point I feel like I've already been on both sides. At the moment I'm hopeful that both are useful players.

Chinook
10-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Player-fanning at its finest. Right now, I'll just settle for one of them being a legit rotation player in the post-season. Right now, their both WAY too inconsistent to know who's better, but Anderson's versatility would be more needed than Simmons' athleticism, given that Murray is likely the future at the back-up SG slot anyway.

apalisoc_9
10-27-2016, 09:23 PM
Should have made the polls, Public..tbh

Keepin' it real
10-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Anderson or Simmons?

Both. I'm a Spurs fan, thank you very much.

Cry Havoc
10-27-2016, 09:27 PM
If teams start focusing on Simmons that's a damn good thing lol

I mean trying to exploit his defense.

sasaint
10-27-2016, 09:30 PM
Player-fanning at its finest. Right now, I'll just settle for one of them being a legit rotation player in the post-season. Right now, their both WAY too inconsistent to know who's better, but Anderson's versatility would be more needed than Simmons' athleticism, given that Murray is likely the future at the back-up SG slot anyway.

I don't think back-up SG is where he is slotted. Personally, I am not sure where I see Murray; it is WAY too early to tell about that, too. And while his athleticism is reminiscent of Simmons, Simmons' shooting is miles beyond Murray at this stage. Whether Murray will ever be able to shoot efficiently is another big question. Frankly, I hope Kyle, Simmons and Murray all become important members of the Spurs TNG. :toast

sasaint
10-27-2016, 09:32 PM
Anderson or Simmons?

Both. I'm a Spurs fan, thank you very much.

:toast You keep on keeping on!

PopTheGOAT
10-27-2016, 09:35 PM
I mean trying to exploit his defense.
? He plays pretty good defense imo

dabom
10-27-2016, 09:36 PM
Should have made the polls, Public..tbh

wildcardX
10-27-2016, 09:36 PM
This is going to be one of those things on here where the guy playing good at the moment will be the better player. Once he goes in a slump then the other guy will be everyone's favorite. That is until someone like Bertans or Murray starts to shine, then both dudes should not get playing time(or traded).

Obstructed_View
10-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Really odd that fans of one of the great "team first" organizations in the history of sports get into this one player vs another bullshit. Fuck you idiots. :lmao

10-27-2016, 09:44 PM
Don't be a casual and vote for a guy on one hot game streak.
Has Kyle ever had a one game hot streak?