PDA

View Full Version : Pau for Robin Lopez?

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 01:24 AM
If Pau starts pouting when he gets benched then PATFO could try shipping him back to Chicago for Robin Lopez. Supposedly, the Bulls wanted to re-sign Pau & they could use a stretch 5 for spacing. RoLo played well alongside LMA in Portland so it's already a proven fit.

Pau can't be traded until Dec 15 so Pop has about 2 months to evaluate him & if any of the starters get moved by the trade deadline then it most likely going to be Pau. Bulls have made it clear that they will shoot for an 8th seed rather than rebuild so they are the type of team that will trade for Pau.

sasaint
10-28-2016, 01:29 AM
If Pau starts pouting when he gets benched then PATFO could try shipping him back to Chicago for Robin Lopez. Supposedly, the Bulls wanted to re-sign Pau & they could use a stretch 5 for spacing. RoLo played well alongside LMA in Portland so it's already a proven fit.

Pau can't be traded until Dec 15 so Pop has about 2 months to evaluate him & if any of the starters get moved by the trade deadline then it most likely going to be Pau. Bulls have made it clear that they will shoot for an 8th seed rather than rebuild so they are the type of team that will trade for Pau.

As you may recall, RoLo was a guy I already wanted. So :tu

BatManu20
10-28-2016, 01:33 AM
2 games in and the hypothetical trade threads have already begun :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-28-2016, 01:35 AM
Struggling to remember the last FA signing that was traded midway through the first season. Theo Ratliff perhaps or someone else insignificant?

It's not happening to Pau.

SpurPadre
10-28-2016, 01:35 AM
Interesting. How about Pau for Zbo? Gasol brothers together in Memphis and we get a proven playoff performer in Zbo, who would be willing to come off the bench while Dedmon starts over him. I'm not giving up on Pau but if he doesn't pan out, it would be nice for any of these scenarios to play out.

phxspurfan
10-28-2016, 01:36 AM
Pau for Willie Cauley-Stein

SpurPadre
10-28-2016, 01:36 AM
2 games in and the hypothetical trade threads have already begun :lol

Ain't giving up at all. Just speculating. I know Pau will come through for us.

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 01:40 AM
Interesting. How about Pau for Zbo? Gasol brothers together in Memphis and we get a proven playoff performer in Zbo, who would be willing to come off the bench while Dedmon starts over him. I'm not giving up on Pau but if he doesn't pan out, it would be nice for any of these scenarios to play out.

Pau would probably also get benched in Memphis for the same reason Z-Bo is coming off the bench & Z-Bo/Lee would be Turd Tower status as far as rim protection.

SpurPadre
10-28-2016, 01:53 AM
Pau would probably also get benched in Memphis for the same reason Z-Bo is coming off the bench & Z-Bo/Lee would be Turd Tower status as far as rim protection.

Oh well, TD is coming back after the AS break anyways if his knees feel good...

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 02:08 AM
Struggling to remember the last FA signing that was traded midway through the first season. Theo Ratliff perhaps or someone else insignificant?.

When was the last time PATFO signed an aging All-Star?:wakeup

Despite being an All-Star last season Pau is expendable b/c he isn't good at his main duty (playing defense) & LMA is better than him on offense thus got a majority of the touches. If he starts rocking the boat when he get benched in the 4th quarter like Boozer/Love or even relegated to the bench like Z-Bo/Monroe/Al Jefferson then Pop is going to excommunicate him like Stephen Jackson except Pau can fetch a starter.

If he keeps his mouth shut & cruises for the entire season then he will most likely survive the traded deadline but he might get shipped out in the Summer like Diaw 1.0

FYI: Dick Jefferson got shipped out at the traded deadline a season after signing a 4 yr extension. (Kawhi was outplaying Dick similar to how Dedmon is outplaying Pau)

Obstructed_View
10-28-2016, 02:09 AM
Can't trade Pau until December 15th.

John B
10-28-2016, 02:09 AM
Pau for Noel or Okafor? Is that possible?

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 02:15 AM
Pau for Noel or Okafor? Is that possible?

Okafor sucks, dude is a poor-man's Al Jefferson.:vomit:

apalisoc_9
10-28-2016, 02:27 AM
Another issue with Pau being so bad on defense is that Aldridge is going to be continuously expanding more enegry on Defense..

Basically, the two guys PATFO relies on is going to be gassed all the time....

Danny Green needs to return ASAP

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 03:00 AM
Another issue with Pau being so bad on defense is that Aldridge is going to be continuously expanding more enegry on Defense..

Basically, the two guys PATFO relies on is going to be gassed all the time....

Yeah, two EXTREMELY white-collar players on the frontline just doesn't work which was why I wanted Mozgov but dude got PAID double what I though was his market value.:lol

RoLo has a reasonable contract under the new CBA & isn't an injury risk unlike some of the better blue-collar centers such as Chandler/Mozgov/Noah/Bogut or even Dwert::lol

wic5Jiqimo8

r0drig0lac
10-28-2016, 06:53 AM
Bulls starting five is defensive elite, Pau would have no role in Chicago this season

cd98
10-28-2016, 07:43 AM
Pau will accept his role. That's a prerequisite for being a Spur that he surely knew before signing. Besides I'm sure he wanted a break from getting abused on defense.

tmtcsc
10-28-2016, 07:49 AM
People wanting to trade Pau after 2 road wins....for a role player no less. :rolleyes

spursistan
10-28-2016, 07:50 AM
Okafor sucks, dude is a poor-man's Al Jefferson.:vomit:

The Duncan-lite hype :lmao..

spursistan
10-28-2016, 08:09 AM
My fear was there is very high chance he would turn into TOSB between our hands..He is at that age (+36yo) when typically a-not-named-Duncan Big fallsoff..let's hope this only 2 game he will acclimate himself better to the system and teammates in more favorable matchups..

Pau has wasted too many good/elite years of his prime with scrub and pretender teams..he was basically only relevant with the Lakers in contention (2008-11)..

Chillen
10-28-2016, 11:11 AM
I wouldn't trade Pau, he's the closest thing in the NBA to having Duncan out on the floor for the Spurs. Smart player, great passer.

Spur|n|Austin
10-28-2016, 11:12 AM
Comeon, trade talks already :lol

Give the guy time to gel and get eased into this completely new system.

T Park
10-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Pau got better as the game went on. That said, these first two games were the worst matchups he'all see all season. Give the guy some damn time.

sasaint
10-28-2016, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't trade Pau, he's the closest thing in the NBA to having Duncan out on the floor for the Spurs. Smart player, great passer.

Says the guy with "My Team: Chicago Bulls"... :lol Are you sure you didn't mean you wouldn't trade FOR Pau? :lol

Chillen
10-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Says the guy with "My Team: Chicago Bulls"... :lol Are you sure you didn't mean you wouldn't trade FOR Pau? :lol

I am a Spurs/Bulls fan, I have been a longtime fan of both teams. Yes, I'd love to have Pau back in a Bulls uniform, but he is a perfect fit for the Spurs just needs time to adjust. The Duncan comparison was late 30's Duncan, prime Duncan was a totally different beast no comparison.

Leetonidas
10-28-2016, 11:34 AM
I don't think Pau has ever played in a situation where he is not a primary scorer, give him some time to adjust. More than 2 fucking games :lol

NameLess Scrub
10-28-2016, 12:01 PM
Can we trade this Pau for 2009 Pau like in 2K?

Mr. Body
10-28-2016, 12:06 PM
You don't trade a long-respected vet who came to help you. It's fucking bad form. Also be fucking patient.

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 12:07 PM
The Duncan-lite hype :lmao..

Folks hyping him up over Towns before the draft::lmao

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 12:08 PM
Pau got better as the game went on. That said, these first two games were the worst matchups he'all see all season. Give the guy some damn time.

I agree they were bad matchups for him but dude wasn't even trying, he was cruising like Diaw 1.0:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 12:13 PM
My fear was there is very high chance he would turn into TOSB between our hands..He is at that age (+36yo) when typically a-not-named-Duncan Big fallsoff..let's hope this only 2 game he will acclimate himself better to the system and teammates in more favorable matchups..

He should at least be serviceable like Ilgauskas was on the Cavs, it's just that he ACTUALLY has to put some effort on defense. At this point, his defense is worse than Dirk's.:lol

TheDoctor
10-28-2016, 02:36 PM
Folks hyping him up over Towns before the draft::lmao

Gotta be Brown. He's doing the same with Embiid.

Coach Brown says: Embiid has Duncan-like "it"factor as Sixers offensive focal point. (http://www.nba.com/article/2016/10/10/morning-shootaround-oct-10-2016)

TheGreatYacht
10-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Trust the Process

He can be Kawhi's Pau Gasol