PDA

View Full Version : Jury Awards Former Penn State assistant Mike McQueary $7.3 Million

Fabbs
10-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Pedo State :depressed :rolleyes

Cliffs:
he saw Sandusky sexually abusing a boy in a team shower in 2001. Instead he reported it the next day to then-head coach Joe Paterno.

"Mr. McQueary was not damaged by any action of the university," Conrad argued. "Mr. McQueary, as he testified and as he recognized, if he was harmed, was harmed by national media and public opinion."

McQueary testified he has not been able to find work, either in coaching or elsewhere, but Conrad blamed that on an inadequate network of contacts and the lack of a national reputation.

McQueary was not allowed to coach in the school's first game after Paterno was fired, a home loss to Nebraska.

"That sends a very clear signal to those in your network that the university doesn't want you to be supported," Strokoff said. "'Stay away, you're a nonperson.'"
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jury-awards-penn-state-whistleblower-7-3-million-defamation-case-n674301

Fabbs
10-28-2016, 09:42 AM
https://approachingjustice.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/joe-paterno-cartoon.jpg

Fabbs
10-28-2016, 09:43 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/sandusky-innocent-shirt.jpg

Fabbs
10-28-2016, 09:47 AM
http://leaderslegends.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/joepastat.jpg

Thread
10-28-2016, 10:17 AM
When it's the taxpayer's money it's easy to cut those checks. Like it's Monopoly money.

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2016, 10:55 AM
The number will likely come down some as legal limits on awards like these are imposed, then the case will settle for some fraction of whatever remains.

Fabbs
10-28-2016, 11:33 AM
The number will likely come down some as legal limits on awards like these are imposed, then the case will settle for some fraction of whatever remains.
So Pedo State will end up paying pennies on the dollar for this?
Fark.

Why does the system even bother with this initial ruling then? Legal limits do not apply to Trial 1 but do to Trial 2?
:lol

Avante
10-28-2016, 12:02 PM
If Penn State wanted to do the right thing there would be no more football....ever. And Sandusky would have been beat to death.

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2016, 01:22 PM
So Pedo State will end up paying pennies on the dollar for this?
Fark.

Why does the system even bother with this initial ruling then? Legal limits do not apply to Trial 1 but do to Trial 2?
:lol

It's tort reform. States enact laws that limit recoveries against particular groups of tortfeasors (most often the state itself; and Penn State is an arm of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania) and other laws that restrict recoveries of particular kinds of damages, especially punitive damages. Everyone's all for tort reform until it affects someone or something they care about.

I haven't studied PA law, but my guess is that there is some sort of limit on how much a person can be awarded in a suit against the State. And it's not a question of the legal limits applying or not applying; in most places, there's a trial and the jury isn't told about legal limits, but once the verdict is in, the court slashes the judgment awarded by the jury to comply with the statutory limits.

My guess is that there will be a settlement at some point, mostly because McQueary can monetize his judgment sooner that way and because the state will be able to reduce its liability in a case that it might lose on appeal anyway. Who knows; if McQueary doesn't need the money or is trying to prove a point, he may refuse to settle, or if the University thinks that McQueary's theory is invalid or unproven, it may like its chances to get out of the case with no liability. But in my experience, a settlement is the most likely outcome and that will probably require McQueary to take less than he is awarded by a judgment.

DMC
10-30-2016, 04:28 PM
If Penn State wanted to do the right thing there would be no more football....ever. And Sandusky would have been beat to death.

If that was the system, your shitty posts wouldn't be here either, pedo boy.

Avante
10-31-2016, 03:10 AM
If that was the system, your shitty posts wouldn't be here either, pedo boy.

Ya mean those posts that tell it like it really is? And if you really think little kids were hustling drinks in bars you're dumber than I thought, if possble. Do you think at all ya fucking moron? Stupid.....HAD TO BE 18 TO DRINK....ok moron?

Never seen so many total idiots in one place before, wow~~ Texas must really suck.

Blake
10-31-2016, 09:44 AM
Ya mean those posts that tell it like it really is? And if you really think little kids were hustling drinks in bars you're dumber than I thought, if possble. Do you think at all ya fucking moron? Stupid.....HAD TO BE 18 TO DRINK....ok moron?

Never seen so many total idiots in one place before, wow~~ Texas must really suck.

You're so easy to troll.

Avante
10-31-2016, 02:09 PM
You're so easy to troll.

My main man, wassup bro:toast

Ever notice my man how many here constantly talk about Avante which is the plan? Ever see Avante talk about anyone?

Bro, love your input, keep it coming ok little buddy?

Chucho
10-31-2016, 02:40 PM
My main man, wassup bro:toast

Ever notice my man how many here constantly talk about Avante which is the plan? Ever see Avante talk about anyone?

Bro, love your input, keep it coming ok little buddy?

Nobody talks about you outside of:

Your lies.

Your pedophilia.

Your sad, sad life and how you try and justify your presence here with stupid copy and paste web info trying to be an "Expert" on things no one cares about or is asking you about.

How easy it is to troll you.

You are really that stupid and are obviously not self-aware, but whatever. You have to live with yourself.

Blake
10-31-2016, 04:15 PM
Ever see Avante talk about anyone?

Lol 3rd person.

Yeah, actually you've started a number of threads whining about me.

But it's pretty sad how you excuse the sex with underage girls in Olangapo because "everyone was doing it"

Avante
10-31-2016, 08:36 PM
Nobody talks about you outside of:

Your lies.

Your pedophilia.

Your sad, sad life and how you try and justify your presence here with stupid copy and paste web info trying to be an "Expert" on things no one cares about or is asking you about.

How easy it is to troll you.

You are really that stupid and are obviously not self-aware, but whatever. You have to live with yourself.

Little man, will your dumbass ever figure this out? Are you really as fucking dumb as we see?

Why the lie about that Texas sprinter, well?

Avante
10-31-2016, 08:39 PM
Lol 3rd person.

Yeah, actually you've started a number of threads whining about me.

But it's pretty sad how you excuse the sex with underage girls in Olangapo because "everyone was doing it"

My little buddy, wassup buddy:toast

I get it, ok friend, and I'm here to help all I can , ok my friend? A whore for a mom, never knew your dad, then being a dwarf, that would effect anyone. Easy to see why ya act like ya do. You need a buddy. you need Avante, ok partner?

Maybe if ya started reading more, no need to be stupid, ok buddy?

Blake
11-01-2016, 08:12 AM
My little buddy, wassup buddy:toast

I get it, ok friend, and I'm here to help all I can , ok my friend? A whore for a mom, never knew your dad, then being a dwarf, that would effect anyone. Easy to see why ya act like ya do. You need a buddy. you need Avante, ok partner?

Maybe if ya started reading more, no need to be stupid, ok buddy?

Ever see Avante talk about anyone?

Avante
11-01-2016, 08:59 AM
I'm here for ya little buddy, the others might not understand but I do. I got you back my friend:toast

Chucho
11-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Little man, will your dumbass ever figure this out? Are you really as fucking dumb as we see?

Why the lie about that Texas sprinter, well?

LOL, using words like "we" for security. You clown.

Can't you see what WE see? NO. ONE. LIKES. YOU.

It really is that simple, little man. That's why people come to ME, not YOU, as the resident expert. You can go back to posting answers to questions no one asked or inserting your cut and paste stuff so you can talk to yourself on this board, you nasty little rapist.

Avante
11-01-2016, 09:47 PM
LOL, using words like "we" for security. You clown.

Can't you see what WE see? NO. ONE. LIKES. YOU.

It really is that simple, little man. That's why people come to ME, not YOU, as the resident expert. You can go back to posting answers to questions no one asked or inserting your cut and paste stuff so you can talk to yourself on this board, you nasty little rapist.

Don't you think if my goal here was to be LIKED I'd play it differently? Being LIKED is boring as fuck. Far more fun being a heel than a babyface. I get exactly what I'm looking for and it should be obvious. Look at the impact you make here, yep.....NONE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to show everyone here how little ya know, and all the Googling in the world can't bail your dumbass out. You know....0...about the things I talk about and....WE..all see it.

1.When Bob Hayes was in the NFL, there were two other players that had beaten him, who?
2.What pro rassler was a stud college sprinter?
3.Who is the only NFL running back who was world ranked in the 100m?
4.Who was the last white USA sprinter to win an Olympic gold medal?
5.What NCAA school has had six sprinters among the alum who ran a sub 10.00?
6.What NCAA school, had WR holders at 100 yards, 100m, 220 yards, 200m, 400m among the alum?
7.Give me 10 pro rasslers with royalty in their name....Duke Keomuka, etc.
8.What NFL RB won an Olympic bronze and silver in the same Olympics?

Now here's what your dumbass will do......nothing.....and I guarantee it. It will be some bullshit about how ya don't care blah blah blah....when WE all can see....YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT~~~~~~~~

And what's really funny is you're too fucking stupid to even know what questions to ask me hahahahaa~~~~~~~~~~~

A Texas HS kid running a sub 20.00 with te HS record at 20.09, and you really are than damn dumb, sheesh~~~~~~~~

2016 High School Absolute List - Men

http://s7.addthis.com/static/btn/lg-share-en.gif (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=tandfn) compiled by Jack [email protected]
Click To See Girls’ List (http://trackandfieldnews.com/index.php/tafn-lists?list_id=6&sex_id=W&yyear=2016) (these links only work for current-year lists)
(marks received and verified by 09/02/2016)

100 METERS

Noah Lyles (Williams, Alexandria, Va)

Michael Norman (Vista Murrieta, Murrieta, Ca)

*Isaiah Cunningham (Rancho Verde, Moreno Valley, Ca)

***Tyrese Cooper (American, Hialeah, Fl)

Evan McClellon (Armstrong, Robbinsdale, Mn)

**Anthony Schwartz (American Heritage, Plantation, Fl)

Cravont Charleston (Mallard Creek, Charlotte, NC)

T.J. Brock (Chaminade, West Hills, Ca)

Daniel Estrada (Northwest Guilford, Greensboro, NC)

*Eric Stokes (Eastside, Covington, Ga)

Jalen Vigil (Mountain View, Lawrenceville, Ga)

Wind-aided:

Lyles

10.09(A)

Jace Comick (Atascocita, Humble, Tx)

Schwartz

Brandon Taylor (Clear Brook, Friendswood, Tx)

Brock

*Shamon Ehiemua (Marshall, Missouri City, Tx)

200 METERS

Noah Lyles (Williams, Alexandria, Va)

Michael Norman (Vista Murrieta, Murrieta, Ca)

20.56(A)

*Shamon Ehiemua (Marshall, Missouri City, Tx)

***Tyrese Cooper (American, Hialeah, Fl)

*Champion Allison (George Ranch, Rosenberg, Tx)

(A)

Maxwell Willis (Carroll, Washington, DC)

*Micaiah Harris (Western Branch, Chesapeake, Va)

*Khance Meyers (East, Kentwood, Mi)

20.82(A)

Dartez Hamlin (Burges, El Paso, Tx)

Josh Eiker (Galesburg, Il)

Wind-aided:

Stupid, the fastest kid in Texas at 200m was Shamon Ehiemua, ok? He ran a 20.56 at altitude, got it dummy?

Blake
11-01-2016, 11:09 PM
Good lord has there ever been anyone easier to troll into a meltdown than the fat ol fuck?

Avante
11-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Good lord has there ever been anyone easier to troll into a meltdown than the fat ol fuck?

Little buddy, little buddy, hahahaha:toast Who is being trolled, now think about it my friend, ok? I like to show off, so how do I do that, well?

You're so cute little guy, hahaha~~~~

"Blake"

he was so smart
neat and keen
without question
the best poster
we have ever seen

he has it all
forget the fact
he is
tiny and small

proud to be his buddy
his main man
if Blake can't do it
nobody can

he humps my leg
both day and night
but since we are amigos
that's alright

Blake
11-02-2016, 12:53 PM

Easy mark

Avante
11-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Easy mark

Yes they are little buddy:toast

.G.
11-03-2016, 04:58 PM
"...rhythmic slapping sounds..."