PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Can we be real about Kevin Durant for a minute?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-28-2016, 03:47 PM
As a San Antonio Spurs fan, I have always hated Durant. It started in 2012 when Harden (refs) tore my heart out in game 6, peaked in the 2014 regular season and playoffs... and then peaked even higher last year when they took us out. I have always bagged on Durant for not stepping up in big games. This entire offseason the Warriors have been bagged on for being a great team, and surpassing history (at least in the regular season).

Then they got Kevin Durant.

I do not understand why Durant is being destroyed for moving to Golden State. In my opinion it was a high risk, high reward type of situation. They've won without him, and if they don't win they will be destroyed by the media and more than likely the blame will be put on Durant.

Lets be real... if the Spurs picked him up he wouldn't be getting the hate he is getting. Instead it would be all about "RC and Pop doing their thing... greatest organization ever". It's not like the Warriors just won the ship. Cleveland did. And their four standout players are all top five picks, three of them being #1 overall picks. LeBron jumped ship again, and made Cleveland's FO his bitch. His K-Love for Wiggins trade might end up being one of the worst of all time looking back. If anything, Cleveland should be the team hated for building their bitchass team with LeBron.

Not sure why Spurfans hate the Warriors either. They pretty much modeled their organization around the Spurs. Kerr, drafting and developing all their players.

The move by the Warriors is going to end up killing them. Klay is getting less touches and his defense is too valuable to make him a 6th man.. unless he gets 30+ mins. The move by the Warriors is hardly something new. Malone and Payton joining LA. Nash and Dwight joining LA. The Celtics big three. All bought. Don't think Jordan wouldn't have teamed with Magic and Bird if he could.

lefty
10-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Well duh

He isn't a Spur, of course we hate him

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-28-2016, 03:50 PM
Well duh

He isn't a Spur, of course we hate him

Fuck off Lefty, nigga is trying to be srs, tbh..

spurraider21
10-28-2016, 03:57 PM
I complained years ago about Durant getting a free pass for the same crap LeBron was criticized for. Yes, he was hammered for moving to GSW, but still not at the degree LeBron got for leaving to Miami. And Durant's move was even more egregious because he joined a team that already had been to the finals for b2b seasons and won the first time, whereas LeBron's heatles were playing together for the first time and it was much more of an unknown.

Clipper Nation
10-28-2016, 03:57 PM
I do not understand why Durant is being destroyed for moving to Golden State.

First of all, Durbeta has hardly been "destroyed" for going to GS. As long as we're being real, he hasn't even received a fraction of the hate that LeBron got for signing with what was a treadmill team in the East in free agency. Stephen A. and Chuck shat on him for signing with the Warriors, but most of the media and a large percentage of NBA fans have made every excuse in the book for his decision.

Second of all, if you really can't understand why Durbeta is getting any criticism at all, you don't understand competitive sports. Durbeta, a so-called "superstar," joined the 73-win team that he had just choked against in the playoffs. He joined them even when they told him straight up in their presentation that they'd still win the Finals without him. He joined them despite having a great coach, a title contender, and a scapegoat (Westbrook) to take the blame for all his failures in OKC. He joined them despite pandering to the "old-school" fans and criticizing LeBron for his Decision back in 2010.

Durbeta is a massive hypocrite and what he did was the biggest bitch move in sports history. This is a guy who was drafted #2 overall, was considered a superstar from day one, won an MVP, and was even being crowned by the media as the best player in the league for a few years. And this summer, he basically came out and announced that he's too much of a coward to deal with the pressure and expectations that come with his talent. He just wants to be carried to a ring and play the Adam Morrison role on a stacked team. It's hard to think of a less competitive move by any other pro athlete in any sport, tbh. And that's why he's lost so many people's respect.

lefty
10-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Fuck off Lefty, nigga is trying to be srs, tbh..
:lol

Jenks
10-28-2016, 04:19 PM
Not sure why Spurfans hate the Warriors either.

-Their shitty, Heat-like bandwagon fans. Warriors have a lot of great fans in Oakland but they priced out the real fans (https://www.statista.com/statistics/220759/nba-average-ticket-price-for-golden-state-warriors-games/). The rich, San Fransisco faggots displaced one of the most rowdy, awesome crowds in sports. 2007 Warriors vs Dallas game 6, I'm certain I'll never see a crowd like that again in my life. I don't think there was an ass in a seat the entire game.
-Draymond
-Bogut (formerly)
-Pachulia (currently)
-Moving Screens

Clipper Nation
10-28-2016, 04:22 PM
-Their shitty, Heat-like bandwagon fans. Warriors have a lot of great fans in Oakland but they priced out the real fans (https://www.statista.com/statistics/220759/nba-average-ticket-price-for-golden-state-warriors-games/). The rich, San Fransisco faggots displaced one of the most rowdy, awesome crowds in sports. 2007 Warriors vs Dallas game 6, I'm certain I'll never see a crowd like that again in my life. I don't think there was an ass in a seat the entire game.
The Warriors' "fanbase" has always been bandwagon as fuck, tbh. They're the team that all the Bay Area Laker fans adopt as their other team when they're good. When the Warriors sucked, the only thing loud about the "Roaracle" was the MVP chants that Kobe would get. Ticket prices are the reason why the crowd sucks now.

spursistan
10-28-2016, 04:33 PM
First of all, Durbeta has hardly been "destroyed" for going to GS. As long as we're being real, he hasn't even received a fraction of the hate that LeBron got for signing with what was a treadmill team in the East in free agency. Stephen A. and Chuck shat on him for signing with the Warriors, but most of the media and a large percentage of NBA fans have made every excuse in the book for his decision.

Second of all, if you really can't understand why Durbeta is getting any criticism at all, you don't understand competitive sports. Durbeta, a so-called "superstar," joined the 73-win team that he had just choked against in the playoffs. He joined them even when they told him straight up in their presentation that they'd still win the Finals without him. He joined them despite having a great coach, a title contender, and a scapegoat (Westbrook) to take the blame for all his failures in OKC. He joined them despite pandering to the "old-school" fans and criticizing LeBron for his Decision back in 2010.

Durbeta is a massive hypocrite and what he did was the biggest bitch move in sports history. This is a guy who was drafted #2 overall, was considered a superstar from day one, won an MVP, and was even being crowned by the media as the best player in the league for a few years. And this summer, he basically came out and announced that he's too much of a coward to deal with the pressure and expectations that come with his talent. He just wants to be carried to a ring and play the Adam Morrison role on a stacked team. It's hard to think of a less competitive move by any other pro athlete in any sport, tbh. And that's why he's lost so many people's respect.
Clip Nation

Bynumite
10-28-2016, 04:43 PM
Most fans on ST i see salty over Durant's decision to join GS, are fans of teams that got curved by him. That's all it boils down to imho.

Thebesteva
10-28-2016, 05:44 PM
There is always going to be a backlash for super team formations, as you have often seen with the silly NWO comparisons in fake wrestling people just hated the unfair super team. We have this belief we need a hero to break down that type of monopoly.

Super teams will always be polarizing, you either despised the 2004 Lakers, 2011 Heat, and now the 16 Warriors or you absolutely love them. There really isnt an in between with these types of things. My only thing and why I didn't care is Durant has always seemed to be a quiet fella who embraces his beta-ness. I may be wrong here but I dont recall him ever acting like an alpha or wanting to be one. He is like a much much greater version of Lamar Odom....he doesn't mind taking a smaller role as long as he can win.

Lebron on the other hand was so great it was silly to see him make that insecure move to Miami...it was even more cringe-worthy when we saw the not 1...not 2 speech along with the epic choke job he did in the finals that year.

DeRozan m8
10-28-2016, 05:56 PM
The Warriors and their players just aren't likeable.

When they're winning they walk around mocking the league, acting like its all too easy and they have this whole basketball thing sorted out while everyone else hates life.

When in fact they're a bunch of fake tough guys, beta as, melting down and choking when the going gets tough, kicking limbs, throwing mouthguards, hitting up twitter on the missus account for a melt mid game, celebrating like morons and being passive aggressive in the media.

Kerr is a vulture.

Their fans are obnoxious.

Not to mention the shady recruiting as last season was going.

Unethical, no morals, no class, everything thats wrong with the world.

Clipper Nation
10-28-2016, 06:07 PM
The Warriors and their players just aren't likeable.

When they're winning they walk around mocking the league, acting like its all too easy and they have this whole basketball thing sorted out while everyone else hates life.

When in fact they're a bunch of fake tough guys, beta as, melting down and choking when the going gets tough, kicking limbs, throwing mouthguards, hitting up twitter on the missus account for a melt mid game, celebrating like morons and being passive aggressive in the media.

Kerr is a vulture.

Their fans are obnoxious.

Not to mention the shady recruiting as last season was going.

Unethical, no morals, no class, everything thats wrong with the world.
Eights

JohnnyMax
10-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Spurs fans are closet Lebronsexuals

DeRozan m8
10-28-2016, 06:40 PM

Okay Mr Atlanta Warriors

Clipper Nation
10-28-2016, 06:42 PM
You went from a Kobesexual to a Currysexual, but hey, at least you're out and proud.

Mr. Body
10-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Why don't we talk about Durant possibly throwing the OKC series because he knew he wanted to go to GS?

Thread
10-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Why don't we talk about Durant possibly throwing the OKC series because he knew he wanted to go to GS?

Why don't you admit they won tonite and you can't take it.

You wanted a loss and you didn't get it. Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

Scoreboard: Durant

Mr. Body
10-28-2016, 11:18 PM
Why don't you admit they won tonite and you can't take it.

You wanted a loss and you didn't get it. Sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

Scoreboard: Durant

Hush up, son.

spursreport
10-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Durant is jealous and intimated of Lebron James. If it had been Toronto in the finals last year, he would have never tanked the WCF. He knew Lebron would push his shit in again. The problem now is Steph needs his own Lebron and thinks Durant is that guy. :lmao :lmao

Thread
10-28-2016, 11:30 PM
Durant is jealous and intimated of Lebron James. If it had been Toronto in the finals last year, he would have never tanked the WCF. He knew Lebron would push his shit in again. The problem now is Steph needs his own Lebron and thinks Durant is that guy. :lmao :lmao

You lost tonite and you didn't even play.

You small SOB, you. Grow up.

Dancelot
10-28-2016, 11:36 PM
It's mainly the cockiness from the players and the owner that bothers me. It's very easy to hate them along with Durant now.

Thread
10-28-2016, 11:40 PM
It's mainly the cockiness from the players and the owner that bothers me. It's very easy to hate them along with Durant now.

But, it was okay when you had a gentleman's agreement with LMA and everybody had sit still for it while you snickered and carried on. You can dish it, but, you can't take it. And for that I hold you in the deepest contempt.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2016, 11:41 PM
fck kd when he called kawhi a system player, yet since 11/12 season, he has always been kawhis bitch every h2h game, never seen a player that is always on the floor trying to defend kawhi looking up like a bitch trying to defend kawhi...

as for the gsw...1 of 82 games, but had they won that game they be pulling up the dances and shit celebrations on the floor...

Kawhitstorm
10-28-2016, 11:53 PM
My only thing and why I didn't care is Durant has always seemed to be a quiet fella who embraces his beta-ness. I may be wrong here but I dont recall him ever acting like an alpha or wanting to be one. He is like a much much greater version of Lamar Odom....he doesn't mind taking a smaller role as long as he can win.

Dominos is actual more like Pau, he's a sensitive beta bitch who has been cucked by an alpha gunner.

Spurtacular
10-29-2016, 01:03 AM
Klay is getting less touches and his defense is too valuable to make him a 6th man.

:lmao

Kidd K
10-29-2016, 06:37 AM
As a San Antonio Spurs fan, I have always hated Durant. It started in 2012 when Harden (refs) tore my heart out in game 6, peaked in the 2014 regular season and playoffs... and then peaked even higher last year when they took us out. I have always bagged on Durant for not stepping up in big games. This entire offseason the Warriors have been bagged on for being a great team, and surpassing history (at least in the regular season).

Then they got Kevin Durant.

I do not understand why Durant is being destroyed for moving to Golden State. In my opinion it was a high risk, high reward type of situation. They've won without him, and if they don't win they will be destroyed by the media and more than likely the blame will be put on Durant.

Lets be real... if the Spurs picked him up he wouldn't be getting the hate he is getting. Instead it would be all about "RC and Pop doing their thing... greatest organization ever". It's not like the Warriors just won the ship. Cleveland did. And their four standout players are all top five picks, three of them being #1 overall picks. LeBron jumped ship again, and made Cleveland's FO his bitch. His K-Love for Wiggins trade might end up being one of the worst of all time looking back. If anything, Cleveland should be the team hated for building their bitchass team with LeBron.

Not sure why Spurfans hate the Warriors either. They pretty much modeled their organization around the Spurs. Kerr, drafting and developing all their players.

The move by the Warriors is going to end up killing them. Klay is getting less touches and his defense is too valuable to make him a 6th man.. unless he gets 30+ mins. The move by the Warriors is hardly something new. Malone and Payton joining LA. Nash and Dwight joining LA. The Celtics big three. All bought. Don't think Jordan wouldn't have teamed with Magic and Bird if he could.

Malone, Payton, and Nash went to LA at the end of their careers though. Dwight was a bitch move (everyone said it) but the Lakers were becoming trash then anyway tbh. Durant is literally at his peak RIGHT NOW, and he joined the team who got the best record in the NBA and just went to b2b Finals and would have been a strong favorite to win this year even without him. There's a massive difference there. Durant is still MVP caliber, all the dudes you listed weren't even close to that.

dbestpro
10-29-2016, 09:11 AM
Durant is a tall shooter who can handle the ball, and thus create mismatches. He is stiff in the shoulders, and is absent on defense. I've watched Gervin (.511) and Dr. J (.506) in their prime, and KD (.483) is nowhere near the player those two were. He's nice, but not all time superstar. He just puts up a lot of shots.