PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge for Cousins?

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 04:16 PM
Let me start by saying, this will never happen. Pop will never want a guy like Cousins. But hypothetically, from a fans view, would you approve of this trade?

Cousins is clearly the better player and a better fit skill wise for the Spurs. Yet, he has obvious attitude problems and is known to be immature and a cancer.

I like Aldridge, but I don't love him. He does some special things, but he also disappears for stretches. He isn't a big time force down low and too shot dependent. When jumpers aren't falling, it's convenient to have a go-to guy in the paint. This team is missing that.

Do y'all believe the Spurs could tame Cousins?

spurraider21
10-28-2016, 04:18 PM
threads like this should be instapink

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 04:38 PM
threads like this should be instapinkWhy? Answer the question and tell me why you believe in your answer. Or don't.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Nah he bitches too much.

GSH
10-28-2016, 04:43 PM
Why? Answer the question and tell me why you believe in your answer. Or don't.

Because you clutter up the front page with yet another meaningless thread. Here's a clue: When you have to say in your first sentence that "it could never happen"? It doesn't deserve its own thread. It probably doesn't deserve a post in some other thread, but it def doesn't deserve a new one.

The part that really freaks me out is that you seem to think that the reason it couldn't happen is that "Pop wouldn't want a guy like Cousins".

Mr. Body
10-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Stupid should hurt.

r0drig0lac
10-28-2016, 05:01 PM
facepalm

Captivus
10-28-2016, 05:25 PM
OP, I assumed by now you know theres no mercy in this forum...gotta be carefull...

Chris
10-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Let me start by saying, this will never happen. Pop will never want a guy like Cousins. But hypothetically, from a fans view, would you approve of this trade?

No.

Cousins is clearly the better player and a better fit skill wise for the Spurs. Yet, he has obvious attitude problems and is known to be immature and a cancer.

Why would we want a team cancer on our beloved Spurs?

I like Aldridge, but I don't love him. He does some special things, but he also disappears for stretches. He isn't a big time force down low and too shot dependent. When jumpers aren't falling, it's convenient to have a go-to guy in the paint. This team is missing that.

Cousins has been known to disappear in the clutch, and also gets rattled easily when things aren't going his way. He has anger management issues.

Yes.

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 05:58 PM
Because you clutter up the front page with yet another meaningless thread. Here's a clue: When you have to say in your first sentence that "it could never happen"? It doesn't deserve its own thread. It probably doesn't deserve a post in some other thread, but it def doesn't deserve a new one.

The part that really freaks me out is that you seem to think that the reason it couldn't happen is that "Pop wouldn't want a guy like Cousins".
Pop among among others in the FO.

Its an off day, gimme a break :lol

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 05:59 PM
No.

Why would we want a team cancer on our beloved Spurs?

Cousins has been known to disappear in the clutch, and also gets rattled easily when things aren't going his way. He has anger management issues.

Yes. so you think they could control cousins but wouldn't want him because he's a cancer... got it

Spur|n|Austin
10-28-2016, 06:05 PM
so you think they could control cousins but wouldn't want him because he's a cancer... got it

He didn't say Cousins was a cancer, you did. The little bubbles with your text in them are quotes from your post.

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Stupid should hurt.
If it did I can confidently say that I'd be pain free. It's a hypothetical question on a forum where you can simply keep scrolling if you don't want to answer it. If no one wants to respond, it falls from the front page. Kindly piss off.

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 06:11 PM
He didn't say Cousins was a cancer, you did. The little bubbles with your text in them are quotes from your post.
I DID say he was a cancer...because he is...because he's not on the Spurs... He said the Spurs could tame him, meaning he would no longer be a cancer.

I know now what I said. No need to get smart.

lilbthebasedgod
10-28-2016, 06:16 PM
absolutely would.

If people aren't strong enough to deal with a "team cancer" who is that good they aren't worth it anyway.

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 06:17 PM
OP, I assumed by now you know theres no mercy in this forum...gotta be carefull...
I can take it :lol It's a forum full of people I'll never meet. Well, knowingly at least.
https://images.rapgenius.com/aaed689776119bfd43b81a82c8ebed8d.480x314x1.png

SpursIndonesia
10-28-2016, 06:24 PM
Unless Cousins himself demands the trade to the Spurs, how the hell Kings FO would approve such lopsided trade like that -the BETTER & the YOUNGER player ? Cousins alone won't make the Kings real competitive team anytime soon, but he does put people on seat.

DeRozan m8
10-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Imagine how pissed LMA would be.

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Unless Cousins himself demands the trade to the Spurs, how the hell Kings FO would approve such lopsided trade like that -the BETTER & the YOUNGER player ? Cousins alone won't make the Kings real competitive team anytime soon, but he does put people on seat.He's rumored to be on the trading block, but they already chose him over George Karl, so I don't see why they'd trade him now. Aldridge also has rumors of his own. So far, they look to be unfounded. Honestly, the sole reason I wouldn't want Cousins is because of the disrespect he showed Duncan in a reg. season game last season. He made a couple buckets in a row and yelled, "he can't guard me!"...then he proceeded to get shut down by Duncan :lol

PopTheGOAT
10-28-2016, 06:49 PM
Imagine how pissed LMA would be. To an extreme that's otherworldly lol

SpursIndonesia
10-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Honestly, if there was ever a team with the correct type of superstar teammate, team environment & coach for him, that would be the Spurs (outside the Lebrons), but even if the interests are mutual, can only happen as free agent signing sometime in the future IMHO.

100%duncan
10-29-2016, 02:14 AM
:lol at people saying no but would suck cousins' dick off if he goes here

weeks
10-29-2016, 02:40 AM
why the fk is everyone so eager to ditch aldridge? he's doing everything we ask, and without causing any drama.

so far this arranged marriage has been pretty awesome imo. i'm glad we got LMA, anyone disagree?

BillMc
10-29-2016, 02:53 AM
why the fk is everyone so eager to ditch aldridge? he's doing everything we ask, and without causing any drama.

so far this arranged marriage has been pretty awesome imo. i'm glad we got LMA, anyone disagree?

I agree. LMA is doing everything the Spurs ask. (Even playing center occasionally)

SAGirl
10-29-2016, 02:54 AM

I don't disagree with you.

Russo21
10-29-2016, 04:15 AM
Both are awesome players. Just enjoy LMA playing for the San Antonio, Spurs fans are blessed he chose us.

SpursIndonesia
10-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Cousins is lusting over Kawhi, such a bromance between rivals. :D

“That dude’s good, man,” said a chuckling Cousins. “He’s f***** good. He’s good. He’s really good. He was hitting shots over two guys. I heard he was working with Kobe, and, um, there was some flashes of Kobe out here.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kawhi-leonard-is-a-bully-195724678.html (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kawhi-leonard-is-a-bully-195724678.html)

tholdren
10-29-2016, 02:11 PM
no - too ghetto

MultiTroll
10-29-2016, 02:39 PM

Bottom line for me is what would Cousins do in the playoffs?
Aldridge was epic in Game 1 and 2 vs OKC.
Games 4 and 6 his defense was inexcusable.
As to removing cancer, hard to say. The Spurs and Pop are not as exemplary as PPoppers believe. Exhibits A B C D and E. Parker including his albatross contract.
Cousins looked great in the Olys fwiw.

Of course it's all speculation. It would be fun to see if the Spurs and Pop could max out Cousins talent.

Real Tomato Ketchup
10-29-2016, 04:08 PM
the kings would NEVER make that deal

Cry Havoc
10-29-2016, 05:01 PM
What a shit thread.

spursistan
10-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Cousins straight bullied Towns last night when they were matchedup..reminds of how Shaq used to push around good defensive bigs like KG and dunk shit on them..

PopTheGOAT
10-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Cousins straight bullied Towns last night when they were matchedup..reminds of how Shaq used to push around good defensive bigs like KG and dunk shit on them..
Yeah I'd still rather have towns, but that was impressive

PopTheGOAT
10-30-2016, 10:34 AM
What a shit thread.
Thx for input bruh

spursistan
11-20-2016, 01:37 PM

It is the mother of all player gambles..even Brad Stevens doesn't want any part of him..

He is gone by trade deadline,IMO and I would do it if the Kings want this deal..

TrainOfThought5
11-20-2016, 01:42 PM
If Pop is serious about maximixing talent around Kawhi this is a no-brainer.

spursistan
11-20-2016, 01:54 PM
If Pop is serious about maximixing talent around Kawhi this is a no-brainer.
guy with ton of talent, low mileage and no serious injuries record and he seems to be on friendly terms with Kawhi..they would be a terror duo for few years if Boogie gets his act together and mature like Z-bo or even Sheed..

sasaint
11-20-2016, 02:33 PM
guy with ton of talent, low mileage and no serious injuries record and he seems to be on friendly terms with Kawhi..they would be a terror duo for few years if Boogie gets his act together and mature like Z-bo or even Sheed..

Z-bo is a better example than Sheed. But your point is a good one. A player's attitude can change with a change of environment. I am not a big fan of LMA, so - yeah, I do this deal in a heartbeat. Oh yeah, in addition to the "pluses" you mention, Cousins (remarkably) seems like a better and more willing passer than LMA, too. :wow

kaji157
11-20-2016, 06:24 PM
The real reason to do this deal is age, adding Cousins puts us in a position we thought it may take years to achieve.
Being just one player away of a 10 year core.

alpha_HaZE
11-20-2016, 06:47 PM
RkPlayerSeasonAgeGGSMPFGFGAFG%3P3PA3P%2P2PA2P%eFG% FTFTAFT%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
1LaMarcus Aldridge2016-1731121232.56.914.5.4770.61.0.5836.313.5.469.4973. 84.3.8851.65.36.91.30.81.11.72.318.3
2DeMarcus Cousins2016-1726131333.98.818.8.4691.13.5.3047.815.3.508.4988. 711.2.7742.47.29.63.51.21.02.84.227.5

Provided by Basketball-Reference.com (http://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.html?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool): View Original Table (http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&hint=DeMarcus+Cousins&player_id1_select=DeMarcus+Cousins&y1=2017&player_id1=couside01&hint=LaMarcus+Aldridge&player_id2_select=LaMarcus+Aldridge&y2=2017&player_id2=aldrila01&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#per_game)
Generated 11/20/2016.

Cousins will have to learn how to foul less and limit his turnovers, also he will have to improve his FT% and be OK with taking much fewer 3pt shots and above all learn how to play without the ball and keep his cool.

I can see that happening but I can also see him being in Pop's doghouse.

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Cousins is obviously a much superior player and would be a great fit(very good passing big, stretches out to the 3-point line, better defender), but there's absolutely no way Pop would take him on his team, tbh:lol

Pop likes submissive players that stay in line..

gambit1990
11-20-2016, 07:14 PM
i wonder what the kings are gonna end up getting for him.

the warriors offer klay?

timtonymanu
11-20-2016, 07:50 PM
If the fucking Dubs end up getting him..

-21-
11-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Yeah, Pop's done with coaching nutjobs. Maybe younger Pop would take a chance on Cousins but not bearded-Pop.

I'm not sure I'd make the trade myself. The guy is a beast despite playing like a dumb rhino and whining like a little baby, just imagine if he gets his shit together. At the same time, I can also see him destroying the team single-handedly. At least with Aldridge (though nowhere near as good as Cousins), you know what you're getting on a consistent basis without the risk of the team's collapse.

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2016, 08:59 PM
Cousins is obviously a much superior player and would be a great fit(very good passing big, stretches out to the 3-point line, better defender), but there's absolutely no way Pop would take him on his team, tbh:lol

Pop likes submissive players that stay in line..

I bet Pat Riley has been working the phone trying to make a deal, most likely offering to also take Rudy Gay so he could dump Bosh's contract.:lol

Whiteside/Winslow/Tyler Johnson for Cousins/Gay actually works but would have to somehow dump Bosh to go after a marquee free-agent like Blake; maybe sign-and-trade w/ the Cripples if GM Doc is willing to gamble on Bosh.:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2016, 09:03 PM

Do you REALLY think Cousins is playing the Bogut role while getting 10 shots a game?:lol

Also, imagine Gaymond yelling at Cousins for not getting back on defense & Dominos taking subliminal shots at him.:lmao

cd98
11-20-2016, 09:04 PM
Spurs fans would hate Cousins in a month if he was ever traded here.

spursistan
11-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Do you REALLY think Cousins is playing the Bogut role while getting 10 shots a game?:lol

Also, imagine Gaymond yelling at Cousins for not getting back on defense & Dominos taking subliminal shots at him.:lmao
:lmao

Gaymond would get choked sprewell-style on the spot..

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Kings are in a terrible spot, tbh..they should have traded him, last season..

The Celtics added Horford(which will diminish their interest in Cousins), the players that were reportedly involved in the Lakers' offer(Randle, Russell) have raised their value, the Nuggets' promising bigs(Nurkic, Jokic) have looked shitty, etc..I can't think of a realistic deal they could make that would be a net positive..

The Raps would be a perfect fit(and they desperately want him), but they don't have any assets to offer..same with Washington, as Wall-Cousins are close IIRC..

Robz4000
11-20-2016, 09:18 PM
Kings are in a terrible spot, tbh..they should have traded him, last season..

The Celtics added Horford(which will diminish their interest in Cousins), the players that were reportedly involved in the Lakers' offer(Randle, Russell) have raised their value, the Nuggets' promising bigs(Nurkic, Jokic) have looked shitty, etc..I can't think of a realistic deal they could make that would be a net positive..

The Raps would be a perfect fit(and they desperately want him), but they don't have any assets to offer..same with Washington, as Wall-Cousins are close IIRC..

Beal (overrated as he is) and Otto Porter Jr could be a nice package, especially if they tag a first rounder onto it. IMO I think he lands in Portland where his knees promptly explode.

cutewizard
11-20-2016, 10:52 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------

question is ......if Cousins listens to Pop....

gambit1990
11-20-2016, 11:51 PM
a lot of teams could use cousins.

cutewizard
11-21-2016, 12:14 AM
Pop coaches the US National Team....

would give an idea if they (Pop and Cousins) could work well together

Chillen
11-21-2016, 04:20 AM
I don't see the Kings doing a straight up trade for Aldridge for Cousins, but if your the Spurs you have to really consider it. Sac would be increasing their cap by $4mil, Spurs save around $4mil, so it makes no sense for the Kings but if Aldridge wants to be the guy he can with the Kings. I just think the Kings will want pieces to build for the future, not a star for star trade which the Spurs can offer. I like Aldridge but I hope the Spurs do this trade if the Kings say are interested.

Chillen
11-21-2016, 04:25 AM

If they trade Thompson they have gutted half the team that won them a title in 2015. I see them more interested in Aldridge, because they have a new arena and if Cousins had to go a star for star trade never hurts. Thompson is a good role player shooter, that's it.

kaji157
11-21-2016, 10:15 AM
If they trade Thompson they have gutted half the team that won them a title in 2015. I see them more interested in Aldridge, because they have a new arena and if Cousins had to go a star for star trade never hurts. Thompson is a good role player shooter, that's it.

You mean???

The Dream Trade??

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jsa73cc

San Antonio Spurs Get:

D. Cousins $17.0M from SAC
Omri Casspi $2.9M from SAC
Acquiring 2 Players $19.9M

Golden State Warriors Get:

L. Aldridge $20.6M from SAS
K. Anderson $1.2M from SAS
Acquiring 2 Players $21.8M

Sacramento Kings Get:

K. Thompson $16.7M from GS
JaVale McGee $1.4M from GS
Acquiring 2 Players $18.1M

Raven
11-21-2016, 10:17 AM
Aldridge is the far superior player

JohnnyMax
11-21-2016, 05:42 PM
Aldridge is the far superior player

T Park
11-21-2016, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't give tony Parker and two sacks of shit for that childish prick.

Let him rot on a loser team where he belongs.

james evans
11-21-2016, 07:23 PM
I think this is what the league wants. Klay, Iggy, Pachula for Cousins

TD 21
11-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Kings are in a terrible spot, tbh..they should have traded him, last season.. The Celtics added Horford(which will diminish their interest in Cousins), the players that were reportedly involved in the Lakers' offer(Randle, Russell) have raised their value, the Nuggets' promising bigs(Nurkic, Jokic) have looked shitty, etc..I can't think of a realistic deal they could make that would be a net positive.. The Raps would be a perfect fit(and they desperately want him), but they don't have any assets to offer..same with Washington, as Wall-Cousins are close IIRC..

I heard what Lowe said, but I find it hard to believe the Celtics would pass, if for no other reason than there is no other elite player likely to come available anytime soon.

If/when, I think it comes down to them and the Raptors. As misguided as it is, the Kings are desperate to win now and for all the obvious reasons, I think Divac would find it difficult to resist a package headlined by Valanciunas.

spursistan
11-23-2016, 03:00 PM

From Lowe podcast with Marc Stein:

"I've had a couple of guys from other teams tell me they're starting to hear the Kings are starting to get sick of Cousins," said Lowe. "No one knows who's making the decisions from the ownership level, not who's making the decisions, but there's just so many voices among ownership. They have a million minority owners. Vlade (Divac) and Ken Catanella; there's just a lot of voices and no one knows who quite to listen to."

Spurs9
11-23-2016, 09:11 PM
Whens the trade dedline? I bet this is the year he finally goes

Chillen
11-24-2016, 03:41 AM
Whens the trade dedline? I bet this is the year he finally goes

They would be stupid to not trade him, if he hasn't signed an extension, bye, bye. Imagine what the Thunder could have gotten for Durant, but they felt confident he would resign.

playbonner15
11-24-2016, 03:47 AM
Imagine if he goes to the Warriors ...:wakeup

Chillen
11-24-2016, 05:27 AM
Imagine if he goes to the Warriors ...:wakeup

They would have to cough up Thompson. Still the rich would get richer.

gambit1990
11-25-2016, 03:55 PM
kings could get a better offer but if i'm okc i'm at least offering kanter + collison + two draft picks.

Poolboy5623
11-25-2016, 04:26 PM
a lot of teams could use cousins.

EVERY team could use him....he's the best big, in a world without bigs...

dabom
11-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Cousins sucks.

RD2191
11-25-2016, 05:07 PM
Cousins is a free agent this coming summer?

Canyonero
11-25-2016, 05:48 PM
Cousins is a free agent this coming summer?

No, two summers.

Chillen
11-25-2016, 06:33 PM
How can the Spurs get this guy? I don't see it. Pop won't trade Aldridge or Parker. Doubt the Kings would want Danny Green and filler. Pau for Cousins works but makes little sense for the Kings in the middle of December, unless they just want to unload him. Not seeing a realistic way the Spurs could get him unless we drop Aldridge or they want Pau.