PDA

View Full Version : Manu selling his Dominion home of 12 years for $2M

boutons_deux
10-28-2016, 06:12 PM
... according to TPR this afternoon.

Mr. Body
10-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Makes sense. He's getting traded to Philadelphia.

Clipper Nation
10-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Porker ran him offPERIOD

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2016, 06:50 PM
He's moving to a 900 square foot house in south san to be with his fellow vatos.

SAGirl
10-28-2016, 06:59 PM
He's retiring. It's the last season and has to put the house up for sale with sufficient time, and starting to adjust to the loss of income from Spurs.

apalisoc_9
10-28-2016, 07:10 PM
He's most likely moving to a smaller but still luxurious house. Gotta be smart with finances....

UZER
10-28-2016, 07:11 PM
He just bought a bigger house in the dominion. Of course he's selling the old one.

Solid D
10-28-2016, 07:15 PM
I guess Manu and Billy Bush both have their places up for sale.

gilmor
10-28-2016, 07:21 PM
He is thinking of bailing cos Hillary will be next President..

UNT Eagles 2016
10-28-2016, 07:44 PM
He is thinking of bailing cos Hillary will be next President..

I would too if I wasn't 22 1/2 and only with a little over $30k in the bank after just buying the house I'm moving into in november.

jag
10-28-2016, 08:23 PM
He's retiring. It's the last season and has to put the house up for sale with sufficient time, and starting to adjust to the loss of income from Spurs.

:lmao

yeah because that nigga is living paycheck to paycheck and that loss of income is going to cause issues with his autopay bills

stfu

SAGirl
10-28-2016, 08:39 PM
:lmao

yeah because that nigga is living paycheck to paycheck and that loss of income is going to cause issues with his autopay bills

stfulol well maybe he is indeed buying a bigger house, but it wouldn't make sense, he'd want to join a fair long list of former millionaire basketball players that never adjusted their lifestyle and are now broke...

jag
10-28-2016, 08:51 PM
lol well maybe he is indeed buying a bigger house, but it wouldn't make sense, he'd want to join a fair long list of former millionaire basketball players that never adjusted their lifestyle and are now broke...

stop

Ruler
10-28-2016, 08:57 PM
He's still in the dominion. If you go into the back entrance and take a left on the first street, that's where he lives.

Family friends of ours are building a house next door to his. He has a massage room in there. I have pictures of his house as it was being built (as well as one with me out front). It's a damn nice house

GSH
10-28-2016, 09:00 PM
lol well maybe he is indeed buying a bigger house, but it wouldn't make sense, he'd want to join a fair long list of former millionaire basketball players that never adjusted their lifestyle and are now broke...

After Manu retires, he's going to have people throwing money at him from every direction. He won't be joining Iverson in bankruptcy court, I promise.

Hoops Czar
10-28-2016, 09:08 PM

Exactly. Can't feed your family and pay property taxes on a $2M house on a measly $14M salary.

spurs10
10-28-2016, 09:08 PM
stop
Yeah I don't think Manu is scrambling for rent. He will be set for life and probably earn as much money as he cares to when he retires from basketball. He is an international brand. I'm sure he'll be less reckless with his money than he has been with a basketball! :lol

Hoops Czar
10-28-2016, 09:09 PM
After Manu retires, he's going to have people throwing money at him from every direction. He won't be joining Iverson in bankruptcy court, I promise.

Or maybe he's just moving back to Argentina.

SAGirl
10-28-2016, 09:13 PM
ok, ok

SAGirl
10-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Or maybe he's just moving back to Argentina. It would make sense TBH...He's obviously not going to be living in it if he's selling right?

GSH
10-28-2016, 09:23 PM
Or maybe he's just moving back to Argentina.

He could be, I don't know. But he won't have any trouble affording a $2M house. He'll have coaching opportunities, FO opportunities, and broadcast opportunities - all of which will pay well. At least as normal people reckon things.

But I've always thought he might become the face of the Argentine basketball system, and help take them to the next level. (Not that they haven't done damn well already.) I have no idea of they would pay him a fortune, or if he would do it to give back. But I would think that he would live there, if he did that. But that's a guess - I don't know shit about his personal situation. Maybe some of the Argentinians here would know. But I don't think him selling his house has any implications for the Spurs' season.

benefactor
10-28-2016, 09:24 PM
Unless you can provide some sort of evidence that Manu is a big spender that blows his money on bullshit and will be broke in five years you are just talking out of your ass.

Uriel
10-28-2016, 09:24 PM
Yup. Definitely a sign this is his last season. I think Manu knows more about what he's going to do than he's letting on.

Publicly, he declares that he hasn't made a decision on his future yet. But I think that's just because he doesn't want the same kind of treatment Kobe got last year. Privately, he's probably already decided that this is it for him.

SAGirl
10-28-2016, 09:25 PM
Unless you can provide some sort of evidence that Manu is a big spender that blows his money on bullshit and will be broke in five years you are just talking out of your ass./sarcasm... I am not known for humor so I guess it blew right past everyone... thus why I said Ok ok when GSH got on me... probably bad humor from me.

SAGirl
10-28-2016, 09:29 PM
He could be, I don't know. But he won't have any trouble affording a $2M house. He'll have coaching opportunities, FO opportunities, and broadcast opportunities - all of which will pay well. At least as normal people reckon things.

But I've always thought he might become the face of the Argentine basketball system, and help take them to the next level. (Not that they haven't done damn well already.) I have no idea of they would pay him a fortune, or if he would do it to give back. But I would think that he would live there, if he did that. But that's a guess - I don't know shit about his personal situation. Maybe some of the Argentinians here would know. But I don't think him selling his house has any implications for the Spurs' season.To be fair, I am not a Manu expert by any means, but Argentina has a few young players in their 20s worth building their program around and Manu has enjoyed mentoring Pato and Nico a lot. Who knows? My sarcasm was bad taste, thinking he's moving to Argentina is actually very reasonable. If the home in San Antonio is going to be an occasional visit home or vacation spot for example, it would make sense to downsize.

TheWriter
10-28-2016, 09:51 PM
Fucking idiots who can't read. Literally two people have stated he built a larger home in the dominion that he moved into but even after that there's still "he's retiring", "he might be moving back to Arg" nonsense still being posted.

TimDunkem
10-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Fucking idiots who can't read. Literally two people have stated he built a larger home in the dominion that he moved into but even after that there's still "he's retiring", "he might be moving back to Arg" nonsense still being posted.
As usual, Uriel is one of them.

GSH
10-28-2016, 10:29 PM

People say a lot of things, Skippy. You may take comments on an anonymous forum as reliable sources, but most adults don't. I know you like to show off as some kind of sports-celebrity stalker, but you don't know any more than anybody else about these guys' personal lives. Maybe that shit impresses when you're cruising high school girls in your Trans Am, but everyone else just thinks it's creepy.

Only one of those three live in the Dominion.
Hint: It's Pop.

Just to elaborate my statement. Tim lives in Grey Forest, near Helotes. David lives in a high rise residential building, The Broadway, near Alamo Heights.

He had his massive home in the Dominion for many many years, then he "downsized" a few years ago to a home in the Huntington neighborhood in Shavano Park, when his kids started going to Central Catholic high school in downtown. He then downsized again to a penthouse in the Broadway high rise last year.

Tim's house is in the Grey Forest area and Tony's is in Anaqua Springs. Neither are in the Dominion community.

TimDunkem
10-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Holy shit. That IS creepy. :wow

illusioNtEk
10-28-2016, 10:37 PM
Manu has service with TWC/Charter... I hope he transfers his service to his new place :p and no im not posting his address..

kuato
10-28-2016, 10:45 PM
Manu is moving to Monte Hermoso

cjw
10-28-2016, 11:48 PM
A $2 million house is nothing for someone who's made tens of millions in his career, so not selling because he's moving. He likely bought for cash but a mortgage payment would be like $6k a month. Property taxes are higher in Texas but at 2%, add on another $4k per month. $120k a year carrying cost is what Manu takes home basically each game.

In other words, you should read literally nothing into this.

TheWriter
10-29-2016, 12:06 AM
People say a lot of things, Skippy. You may take comments on an anonymous forum as reliable sources, but most adults don't. I know you like to show off as some kind of sports-celebrity stalker, but you don't know any more than anybody else about these guys' personal lives. Maybe that shit impresses when you're cruising high school girls in your Trans Am, but everyone else just thinks it's creepy.

So, you're calling me creepy because I use my real estate knowledge and post the areas some Spurs players and coaches live, because I'm in the real estate business, but you stalking my post history like some basement neckbeard isn't creepy. Good to know how you rationalize things.

ElNono
10-29-2016, 12:29 AM
was that the house timvp was at?

SAGirl
10-29-2016, 01:52 AM
Well from humorous comments this got personal... It doesn't mean anything. We are free to speculate whatever, just like when LMA moved out if his Portland home, and LeBron had movers pick his things up from his Miami home. I guess thanks for sharing tidbits of information. We know no more than he's planning to move elsewhere... to another SA home or just elsewhere....

TheWriter
10-29-2016, 02:07 AM
Well from humorous comments this got personal... It doesn't mean anything. We are free to speculate whatever, just like when LMA moved out if his Portland home, and LeBron had movers pick his things up from his Miami home.

Or you know, when Tony sold his Champions Run home because he was moving into a larger, custom built home in Anaqua Springs.

We know no more than he's planning to move elsewhere... to another SA home or just elsewhere....

He's moving to a larger, custom built home in the Doninion. There, you can sleep easy tonight.

SAGirl
10-29-2016, 02:13 AM
Or you know, when Tony sold his Champions Run home because he was moving into a larger, custom built home in Anaqua Springs.

He's moving to a larger, custom built home in the Doninion. There, you can sleep easy tonight.
Ok :tu

Spur|n|Austin
10-29-2016, 02:49 AM
I have family in the dominion, he's moving but staying in the hood.

Maddog
10-29-2016, 08:23 AM
I have family in the dominion, he's moving but staying in the hood.

I have family that does yard work in the Dominion that confirms this.

jARS mEsH sEt
10-29-2016, 11:09 AM
A $2 million house is nothing for someone who's made tens of millions in his career, so not selling because he's moving. He likely bought for cash but a mortgage payment would be like $6k a month. Property taxes are higher in Texas but at 2%, add on another $4k per month. $120k a year carrying cost is what Manu takes home basically each game.

In other words, you should read literally nothing into this.

+1.

My parents live in a $2 million dollar house (in Texas) and they're nowhere near as wealthy as Manu. Not even close. My dad makes $500k-$750k/year and is worth just north of $7M (including his primary residence). Granted, he didn't pay $2M for his house. He paid $1.1M back in '96.

Manu's made $10M in a single year...for multiple years. I think his lifetime earnings are something like $100M. His current net worth is probably similar (taxes take a big chunk out of his yearly pay, but he's also had 15+ years of compounded stock market returns to mitigate that).

Property taxes are anywhere from $25,000-$50,000 per year, depending on where you are in Texas. Some of the more affluent areas in Austin/Dallas/Houston have extra "district" level property taxes.

ManuTastic
10-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Well no matter what he's doing this year, I guess I always assumed that after he retires (whenever that is) he would move back to Argentina. What do you all think?

kolko
10-29-2016, 03:22 PM
This is Manu's house for sale:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/10-Queens-Hl_San-Antonio_TX_78257_M78037-57967 (http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/10-Queens-Hl_San-Antonio_TX_78257_M78037-57967)

spurs10
10-29-2016, 04:17 PM
$323 per sq/ft. Looks nice!

SAGirl
11-04-2016, 06:26 PM