PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: MVP watch

ambchang
10-29-2016, 11:09 AM
The point of the thread is to keep track of the top MVP candidates as the season progresses.

After a couple of games, Kawhi is the clear cut favourite so far.

Westbrook and unibrow is going for the Kevin love award, formerly known as the Nique award, for putting up empty stats on teams that have no chance of contending.

Lebron is coasting as usual.

Curry and Durant are both trying to figure each out out, but so far it seems like Durant is taking the most shots on the team and is trying to prove he's alpha.

MultiTroll
10-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Watched parts of the New Orleans - Golden Phags game last night. Uni looked fantastic. Yes they had a chance to win. After he pulled them within 6 they made what appeared to be a D stop on Durant for offensive charging. Tweet! Durant marched to the FT line. I did not record game but sure looked like another Pampers job in real time. Point being? I discount many of Durants stats.

Back to Uni, he was Tim Duncanlike. Different styles of course but like Duncs he was doing a little bit of everything including solid D.

As to Golden Boi Curry, I don't think his knee is right. I'm sure they are trying all the latest and greatest *PEDs but he just does not have the same twinkle toes in his step like he had last year.

*Not singling out Golden Showers. Lets get real, probably all NBA players dabble in PEDs, Spurs included.

10-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Harrison Barnes tbh

MultiTroll
10-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Harrison Barnes tbh
Thread bumper status.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243406&highlight=Mavs

SuperCam
10-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Westbrook is miles ahead, tbh

Thread
10-29-2016, 01:06 PM
^He's Media's darling now. Lot of grist for their mills.

"I held my nose when I cast my vote, but, I had to be honest."
"I hate him as a human being, but, I had to be honest."
"He's really proven himself in Durant's abdication. And even though [The Thunder] missed the playoffs by a panhandle, I had to be honest."
"Was there ever a doubt? We had to be honest, our true feelings for him (the human being not the basketball player) aside."
"I marvel at him and our honesty."

Robz4000
10-29-2016, 02:10 PM
Westchimp is in the lead right now tbh, but once they start losing that'll change.

Thread
10-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Westchimp is in the lead right now tbh, but once they start losing that'll change.

"Yes, he's losing a lot, but, it's not going to hurt his quest for this MVP now that Durant has fled the panhandle. And yes, he's a crude young man, but, 2 games in, or 82 in, he's got my vote."

Raven
10-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Harden, AD, loliard and westbrook have absolutely no chance

Cry Havoc
10-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Westbrook is miles ahead, tbh

Fringe playoff teams don't get MVP awards.

Spurtacular
10-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Back to Uni, he was Tim Duncanlike.

Much more comparable to KG, tbh.

SuperCam
10-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Fringe playoff teams don't get MVP awards.

triple double average will be impossible to ignore tbh.

and if they are going to give it by record then LeKING is a lock anyways as cleveland will finish overall number one seed...

Raven
10-29-2016, 03:01 PM

and if they are going to give it by record then LeKING is a lock anyways as cleveland will finish overall number one seed...

that's a bold one

Cry Havoc
10-29-2016, 04:51 PM

Russ isn't going to avg a 3/2. If he does it'll be on fucking terrible percentages. 44 shots to get 50 points when he's gifted 20+ free throws :lol

And don't be daft. Of course records aren't the only factor, but you don't get an MVP when your team wins 35 games.

TDMVPDPOY
10-29-2016, 06:03 PM
westbrick might be in league, all it takes is 4 h2h losses against the spurs and its over....