PDA

View Full Version : David Lee and Spurs could be a Perfect Fit

cariocaz
10-29-2016, 12:06 PM
So here is another nice article:

http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-west/san-antonio-spurs/david-lee-spurs-perfect-fit/

illusioNtEk
10-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Joining the Spurs is like transforming into Super Saiyan.

spurs10
10-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Lee has been impressive with his his rebounding. Looks like he is giving it 100%. He and Dedmon have been looking good as our 3rd & 4th bigs. :toast

Spur-Addict
10-29-2016, 01:43 PM
Joining the Spurs is like transforming into Super Saiyan.

Unfortunately Richard Jefferson did not undergo that transformation.

BillMc
10-29-2016, 01:43 PM
Lee has been impressive with his his rebounding. Looks like he is giving it 100%. He and Dedmon have been looking good as our 3rd & 4th bigs. :toast

Yeah. Really happy with those two. So far I was dead wrong about Dedmon and I admit it. (And am damn happy to be wrong). Lee too has shown good instincts. While he has limitations, people also forget how instrumental he was in the Dubs Finals victory in 15. He definitely can be an asset for us.

SPURt
10-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Yeah. Really happy with those two. So far I was dead wrong about Dedmon and I admit it. (And am damn happy to be wrong). Lee too has shown good instincts. While he has limitations, people also forget how instrumental he was in the Dubs Finals victory in 15. He definitely can be an asset for us.
To be fair, the only people thinking Dedmon was going to be productive as a Spur coming out of preseason were his family members.

Spur|n|Austin
10-29-2016, 01:52 PM

Neither did Dejuan

spurs10
10-29-2016, 01:55 PM
Yeah. Really happy with those two. So far I was dead wrong about Dedmon and I admit it. (And am damn happy to be wrong). Lee too has shown good instincts. While he has limitations, people also forget how instrumental he was in the Dubs Finals victory in 15. He definitely can be an asset for us. I think their play has surprised- happily- many of us!

BillMc
10-29-2016, 02:56 PM
I think their play has surprised- happily- many of us!
:toast

David Lee was on the same Florida team as Matt Bonner. So we've upgraded our mandatory "aging American white power forward/center from Florida" slot considerably. Good job RC!

You know, just sayin' :lol

spurs10
10-29-2016, 03:00 PM

David Lee was on the same Florida team as Matt Bonner. So we've upgraded our mandatory "aging American white power forward/center from Florida" slot considerably. Good job RC!

You know, just sayin' :lol Didn't know that! :toast And we have Bertans for the red-head contingency! :lol

BillMc
10-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Didn't know that! :toast And we have Bertans for the red-head contingency! :lol

See, it takes two to replace the Red Mamba legend!:lol

SAGirl
10-29-2016, 05:13 PM
To be fair, the only people thinking Dedmon was going to be productive as a Spur coming out of preseason were his family members.
:lol :tu Glad to see he has turned it around.... he looks,like a totally different player.... I don't want to jinx him though.

Mnky
10-29-2016, 08:11 PM

Not really.

There were people on here going crazy because there was no news of the spurs chasing dedmon in the off-season. Anyone who Watched the kid knew he had the drive and intangibles to make an impact on the bench.

james evans
10-29-2016, 08:21 PM
NOOOOO. I knew. I was telling everyone how he's the most athletic center we've had since Robinson and that off the bench he's a great addition for defense. It's just that mostly everyone here think real life is like nba2k in which your NAME wins games. Let's not forget 90% of this board thought the Warriors were going to have a cake walk to the finals going 78-4 just because they added KD.

SPURt
10-29-2016, 11:07 PM
NOOOOO. I knew. I was telling everyone how he's the most athletic center we've had since Robinson and that off the bench he's a great addition for defense. It's just that mostly everyone here think real life is like nba2k in which your NAME wins games. Let's not forget 90% of this board thought the Warriors were going to have a cake walk to the finals going 78-4 just because they added KD.

He's been so much more than athletic and defensively sound. Dedmon had an awful preseason and I didn't see anyone saying he'd make such an impact catching passes and finishing around the rim. Not to mention his ability to O board. At the same time it's only been three games.

I understand your anger towards people favoring the Warriors but I'm glad it's that way. The Spurs need a chance to build chemistry with a bunch of new pieces and stay healthy. That's easier when every team that comes to town doesn't hate you the way everyone hates the Warriors. I definitely have and will continue to take the field over the Warriors. Think about how Dedmon on the Warriors would suck. He's the type of player they're missing.

Mr. Body
10-29-2016, 11:22 PM
Very impressed with Lee. I thought he'd be in the Ayers spot but he's really valuable. Smart player who clearly wants to play good defense, plays a leadership role with the young bench, he's actually a guy you can leave behind for offensive boards who is fleet enough to get back on defense. I don't remember Pop ever letting a guy do that very often.

GSH
10-29-2016, 11:33 PM
Very impressed with Lee. I thought he'd be in the Ayers spot but he's really valuable. Smart player who clearly wants to play good defense, plays a leadership role with the young bench, he's actually a guy you can leave behind for offensive boards who is fleet enough to get back on defense. I don't remember Pop ever letting a guy do that very often.

As long as he's on the floor with a legit big man, he can be a damned good player. Since we've hit the regular season, Dedmon is looking very legit. Tonight Lap looked like good PG insurance. We don't have that luxury in the front court. If Dedmon was to get hurt, you wouldn't like Lee nearly as much trying to play C.

I really like that we have a bunch of new guys that are scrappy and tough. Dedmon and Lee both play hard, and both seem to know that they need to bring a lot of energy.

illusioNtEk
10-29-2016, 11:39 PM

:lol
your right... he didnt have the Desire... the Desperation...
the Motivation.... the Anger to succeed. Glad we got rid of him.

Mr. Body
10-29-2016, 11:41 PM
As long as he's on the floor with a legit big man, he can be a damned good player. Since we've hit the regular season, Dedmon is looking very legit. Tonight Lap looked like good PG insurance. We don't have that luxury in the front court. If Dedmon was to get hurt, you wouldn't like Lee nearly as much trying to play C.

I really like that we have a bunch of new guys that are scrappy and tough. Dedmon and Lee both play hard, and both seem to know that they need to bring a lot of energy.

I'm fine with Lee with or without Dedmon. I don't expect bench players to be gods.

Laughing Gravy
10-29-2016, 11:51 PM

You know, just sayin' :lol

You supa sayin' bruh

BillMc
10-30-2016, 07:41 AM
Comparing our current and last year's backup bigs by PER this season:

David Lee: 31.4
Dewayne Dedmon: 23.7
Davis Bertans: 17.6

David West: -4.0
Boris Diaw: -5.2
Boban Marjonovich 4.5
Matt Bonner Out of League

TrainOfThought5
10-30-2016, 07:55 AM
Not fair to compare west and Diaw out of our system. And the sample size this year is really small.

apalisoc_9
10-30-2016, 08:03 AM
At this time of the year last year, everyone was talking about how Diaw was fat but that he would eventually he will get in shape..That never happened. He sucked all year.

At the same time last year...We talked about West inability to rebound the basketball but that he was at least not as bad as bobo.

Boban was ireeleavant since he wasnt playing.

GSH
10-30-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm fine with Lee with or without Dedmon. I don't expect bench players to be gods.

I was thinking in terms of what would happen if either Pau or Dedmon got injured. Lee would likely be put in the backup C slot, like West last season. And I think people would scream about a lot of the same things they did with West.

I actually like Lee. A long time back, I posted about the possibility of the Spurs getting him, just because I liked his effort and toughness. But then I started watching him, when the Knicks started using him at the C, and I got a lot less sold on him. But I've realized a lot of that wasn't his fault.

I'm really happy with the way Dedmon and Lee are playing. But it makes you realize that there's no insurance with the bigs on this team. We'd have to shift Kyle and/or Bertans to the backup 4, and Lee to the 5. That would be at least as bad as the Turd Towers, IMO.

Yuixafun
10-30-2016, 08:37 AM
An injury to Dedmon would blow. No one on the roster, besides Lma replicates what he does. Dedmon is the key to unlocking the Bigs optimal rotations and full potential. He's been a revelation to me. A fluid mobile banger. I even saw him signalling a screen to Kawhi in transition in the Kings game. And then going chest to vhest with Cousins. Impressive thus far.

james evans
10-30-2016, 10:43 AM
He's been so much more than athletic and defensively sound. Dedmon had an awful preseason and I didn't see anyone saying he'd make such an impact catching passes and finishing around the rim. Not to mention his ability to O board. At the same time it's only been three games.

I understand your anger towards people favoring the Warriors but I'm glad it's that way. The Spurs need a chance to build chemistry with a bunch of new pieces and stay healthy. That's easier when every team that comes to town doesn't hate you the way everyone hates the Warriors. I definitely have and will continue to take the field over the Warriors. Think about how Dedmon on the Warriors would suck. He's the type of player they're missing.
This is why I don't watch pre-season games. Never watched one(aside from a few minutes of the spurs loss a couple years ago against that foreign squad) and I never plan on watching a whole one. They don't count. They mean NOTHING!!!. It's not anger. It's just that people don't know shit. You try to exdplain it to them and they think names win titles. A name has never won shit anywhere. It's what you do on the court.