PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry, Jrue Holiday, George Hill, Jeff Teague....

apalisoc_9
10-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Obviously we go for curry, but that is super unlikely. Teague is going to be the cheapest since hes going to be awful this year. Holiday is still young but Hill is a former spur.

There is no way PATFO dont have these guys as a Plan A or B kinda thing...How would you priortize these four?

Curry
Holiday
Hill
Teague

spurraider21
10-29-2016, 02:34 PM
hill hasn't been a great starting point guard, but with the way the spurs offense is structured, i think he'd be a great fit, and he's the best defender of that group. holiday and teague are better traditional point guards but i don't believe that is needed with our group

BD24
10-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Holiday is the best option imo. Biggest worry there though is him staying healthy though.

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2016, 02:38 PM
I don't think any of those players would be content with coming off the bench, tbh..

Chris
10-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Holiday would be intriguing imo always been a fan.

Nathan89
10-29-2016, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't touch an injury prone player like Holiday. That's a good way to fuck the team for years to come.

SuperCam
10-29-2016, 03:49 PM
Poop isn't comfortable with more than a few american black players on the roster tbh; i wouldn't be surprised to see any combo of fathead/simmons/forbes moved for some euro guard...

baseline bum
10-29-2016, 03:55 PM
hill hasn't been a great starting point guard, but with the way the spurs offense is structured, i think he'd be a great fit, and he's the best defender of that group. holiday and teague are better traditional point guards but i don't believe that is needed with our group

I think Hill's defense is massively overrated by this forum. He is good against one and only one type of player: Kobe Bryant. If all you do is clear space and iso then Hill's wingspan is great defensively. But against guards who use screens it's suicide. After watching Hill get murdered by Nash and Ray Allen I can't imagine what Curry would do to him, signing Hill would be like giving Parker an extension when it comes to guarding people who use a lot of screens.

coachmac87
10-29-2016, 04:03 PM
George Hill is probably safest bet tbh. The FO is familiar and it'd be the easiest transition as well. Holiday is nice but he's way too injury prone.

The FO has its eyes on CP3 tho

illusioNtEk
10-29-2016, 04:09 PM
HILL!!!!!!!

mo7888
10-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Curry...don't want the rest for the salary they would require

Mugen
10-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Dejounte tbh

Kikoluna
10-29-2016, 04:17 PM
That mouthpiece tapping of the chest arrogance won't fly in San Antonio. I rather play Kyle worthless Anderson than sign curry, cocky p.o.s

TheGreatYacht
10-29-2016, 04:24 PM
I'd rather take my chances with Murray on a rookie contract over any of those future 25M/yr players

.... unless it's Curry or Chris Paul

raybies
10-29-2016, 04:32 PM
Put me down on the cp3 bandwagon. Don't want curry, rather beat him. As for hill, he's second.

TD 21
10-29-2016, 04:53 PM
Curry will obviously re-sign and Teague more than likely will too, which leaves Holiday and Hill. As I've said ad neaseam, they'd both be a good fit. I don't know if the Spurs would give the former, who's had some serious injuries, what he'll command.

Hill should be in a perfect situation, but I still think the Spurs will have a real chance. The advantages the Jazz have (extra year and starting) probably won't come into play because the former is more so for max players and the latter, if Exum comes along as they hope, won't last.

In addition to a top 3-4 chance at a championship, I also think the Spurs can sell him on essentially equal minutes/role with Parker and Green. Maybe he starts immediately or that happens over time, but either way, closing close games would immediately be up for grabs.

Raven
10-29-2016, 05:00 PM
I think Hill's defense is massively overrated by this forum. He is good against one and only one type of player: Kobe Bryant. If all you do is clear space and iso then Hill's wingspan is great defensively. But against guards who use screens it's suicide. After watching Hill get murdered by Nash and Ray Allen I can't imagine what Curry would do to him, signing Hill would be like giving Parker an extension when it comes to guarding people who use a lot of screens.
well, i do agree in general, but he has just devoured d-snitch, so...

apalisoc_9
10-29-2016, 05:22 PM

We finish with the best defense with Porker as a PG...his defense isnt going to be that much of an issue going forward specially with Green as our SG. His value comes from that fact that hes developled a really nice jumper and is a perfect offensive player to fit in with a wing player that demands the ball...Weve already seen him perform at a really high level as an offball player with the wing being the superstar.

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Curry will obviously re-sign and Teague more than likely will too, which leaves Holiday and Hill.

Teague has a habit of over-dribbling & not playing defense ala Porker. Dude is like Porker circa 2003 when he used to jack up 3s: http://bkref.com/tiny/J2fhP :lol

Kawhitstorm
10-29-2016, 10:55 PM
We finish with the best defense with Porker as a PG...his defense isnt going to be that much of an issue going forward specially with Green as our SG.

What happens when a team has 3 perimeter players like Dominos/Klay/Curry? :rolleyes (Porker/Manu couldn't even handle Waiters when Danny/Kawhi were guarding WestBrick/Dominos)