PDA

View Full Version : George Hill looking good so far vs. Western Conference PGs

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2016, 08:45 PM
Went up against Lillard/D'Snitch/Choke-P3: 20/4 on 50% shooting.

Lillard cooked him but it was more so Gobert not showing on the high PnRs & giving Lillard clean looks at the basket. He locked up D'Snitch/Choke-P3 though & that's also w/ two of the Jazz's best defenders (Favors/Hayward) being replaced by two of the laziest players in the league (Johnson/Diaw).:lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
10-30-2016, 08:48 PM
It was one of my last post of the offseason, I really wanted the Spurs to bring back Hill knowing that Indy wanted to trade him. He has really developed his game. Imagine a lineup of Green, Dedmon, LMA, Kawhi and Hill. That would be a defensive nightmare for teams.

Spurs should go after next offseason and dump Parker.

TrainOfThought5
10-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Cant wait to get him back on the Spurs. We should probably trade Parker and a 2nd for him.

bklynspursfan
10-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Cant wait to get him back on the Spurs. We should probably trade Parker and a 2nd for him.

Parker isn't getting traded

TrainOfThought5
10-30-2016, 08:52 PM

A MAN CAN DREAM

DAF86
10-30-2016, 08:56 PM
It was one of my last post of the offseason, I really wanted the Spurs to bring back Hill knowing that Indy wanted to trade him. He has really developed his game. Imagine a lineup of Green, Dedmon, LMA, Kawhi and Hill. That would be a defensive nightmare for teams.

Spurs should go after next offseason and dump Parker.

Last season we could have probably fooled the pacers into taking Parker.

jeebus
10-30-2016, 09:09 PM
How's Fat Fuck doing over there? Regressed to his Bobcat days?

TimDunkem
10-30-2016, 09:11 PM
How's Fat Fuck doing over there? Regressed to his Bobcat days?
Even worse...:lol Averaging 1 and 3 on 11% shooting playing nearly 26 minutes per game.

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2016, 09:21 PM

I think Pop is sending subliminal messages to Porker that his days as a starter are numbered by benching him like a rookie whenever he fucks & having Patty closeout games. This all means, PATFO are going to offer FA targets a starting job without there having to be a QB controversy.

SpursFan86
10-30-2016, 09:33 PM
I would do some terrible things to replace Parker with George Hill :lol

timtonymanu
10-30-2016, 09:37 PM
Could the Spurs even afford Patty and Hill at the same time? They would have to trade Parker for sure.

bklynspursfan
10-30-2016, 09:37 PM
I think Pop is sending subliminal messages to Porker that his days as a starter are numbered by benching him like a rookie whenever he fucks & having Patty closeout games. This all means, PATFO are going to offer FA targets a starting job without there having to be a QB controversy.

It just means Pop understands the youth movement, and not matchups will result in TP closing games. TD didn't close all games in the last few years before he left either. TP being on the perimeter and with this being a guard/forward driven league will be impacted even more than TD was.

I don't think he'll get benched, the bench w/Patty/Lee/Dedmon/Simmons/Manu will be great. That's the ultimate hustle crew right there.

Once Green gets back, Parker will be able to spread the floor a bit more and allow Kawhi to drive and kick to he and Green. Right now, there's just no space to operate with Anderson in there.

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2016, 09:49 PM
Could the Spurs even afford Patty and Hill at the same time? They would have to trade Parker for sure.

Maybe Pop can hire his buddy Pat Riley as a hit-man.:lol

gilmor
10-30-2016, 09:52 PM

I don't think it's subliminal messages.. It is clear as day Porker's days as a Spurs are over..

it just means that Porker will be gone sooner than later..

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2016, 10:01 PM
I don't think it's subliminal messages.. It is clear as day Porker's days as a Spurs are over..

You mean like when Porker was getting benched for George Hill in 2010 but it was Hill that ended up getting traded.:lol

ElNono
10-30-2016, 10:06 PM

Lillard cooked him but it was more so Gobert not showing on the high PnRs & giving Lillard clean looks at the basket. He locked up D'Snitch/Choke-P3 though & that's also w/ two of the Jazz's best defenders (Favors/Hayward) being replaced by two of the laziest players in the league (Johnson/Diaw).:lol

I know Boris makes everybody else look like DPOY, but Hayward good/best defender? The guy that let 50 year old Kobe drop 60 on his white ass? :lmao :lmao :lmao

And Favors is another chubby, limited player, if we're frank, tbh.... it's all about "potential" for those guys...

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2016, 11:38 PM
I know Boris makes everybody else look like DPOY, but Hayward good/best defender? The guy that let 50 year old Kobe drop 60 on his white ass? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Kirby took 50 shots & 12 FTs to score 60, that basically a point per shot.:lol

Kirby scored 25 on 25 shots against Danny last season so I guess Danny most not be a good defender b/c he gave up a point per shot.:rolleyes

And Favors is another chubby, limited player, if we're frank, tbh.... it's all about "potential" for those guys...

Favors is very mobile for a burly guy ala Tristan Thompson, that's why the Jazz gave the Duds trouble last season despite have the worst starting PG in the league.:lol

In any case, Joe Johnson is the Boris Diaw of wing-players so anyone w/ a pulse plays better defense that him.

RD2191
10-30-2016, 11:41 PM
A MAN CAN DREAM
:lol

gilmor
10-30-2016, 11:45 PM
You mean like when Porker was getting benched for George Hill in 2010 but it was Hill that ended up getting traded.:lol

Err.. Hill was traded to get Kwahi.. isn't that a good deal?

Kawhitstorm
10-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Err.. Hill was traded to get Kwahi.. isn't that a good deal?

You know they could have traded Porker & also gotten Paul George in return, right?:wakeup

ElNono
10-31-2016, 01:12 AM
Kirby took 50 shots & 12 FTs to score 60, that basically a point per shot.:lol

Kirby scored 25 on 25 shots against Danny last season so I guess Danny most not be a good defender b/c he gave up a point per shot.:rolleyes

Hayward is a max player. Danny is nowhere near there. Shouldn't that factor in?

Favors is very mobile for a burly guy ala Tristan Thompson, that's why the Jazz gave the Duds trouble last season despite have the worst starting PG in the league.:lol

In any case, Joe Johnson is the Boris Diaw of wing-players so anyone w/ a pulse plays better defense that him.

Old Joe can score though. He's averaging 20ppg at an almost 60% efficiency while playing 31mpg... that's already better than Hayward's best year (last season). Small sample, I know...

gambit1990
10-31-2016, 02:28 AM
if getting hill meant losing parker then i'd rather lose parker and get someone else.

Holden_Caulfield
10-31-2016, 03:30 AM
bring back the prodigal son

BillMc
10-31-2016, 05:58 AM

Are you saying we should have kept George and not traded him for that other scrub player whose name I can't recall at this moment?:lol

Ice009
10-31-2016, 08:24 AM
Has Hill's defense gotten any better? All I can remember is how bad he was against Phoenix in 2010 and Memphis in 2011. I really don't like thinking about it. He had a great wingspan and that kept him in plays when he got beat, but he was a really, really average defender when he was here. Has he improved any at all? or does he still get burned off the dribble and going around screens?

For the record, I really like George Hill the person, but I didn't like the player George Hill that much when he was here.

Kawhitstorm
10-31-2016, 12:07 PM
Has Hill's defense gotten any better? All I can remember is how bad he was against Phoenix in 2010 and Memphis in 2011. I really don't like thinking about it. He had a great wingspan and that kept him in plays when he got beat, but he was a really, really average defender when he was here. Has he improved any at all? or does he still get burned off the dribble and going around screens?

He had All-NBA 3rd Team Kyle Lowry lookin' like a scrub in the playoffs.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
10-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Hayward is a max player. Danny is nowhere near there. Shouldn't that factor in?

Hayward can actually dribble without stumbling over his own feet.:lol

Old Joe can score though. He's averaging 20ppg at an almost 60% efficiency while playing 31mpg... that's already better than Hayward's best year (last season). Small sample, I know...

Joe Johnson has an offensive explosion once every two weeks where he looks like a superstar but then so does Nick Young.:lol

Robz4000
10-31-2016, 12:29 PM
Hayward can actually dribble without stumbling over his own feet.:lol

Joe Johnson has an offensive explosion once every two weeks where he looks like a superstar but then so does Nick Young.:lol

So you're saying Swaggy P isn't a superstar? News to me.

lefty
10-31-2016, 12:32 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/7vvXqGLVNO5UY/giphy.gif

Kawhitstorm
10-31-2016, 12:39 PM
So you're saying Swaggy P isn't a superstar? News to me.

Yes, a once-every-two-weeks superstar like 35 yr old Joe Johnson.

Swaggy taking a shyt on Joe:

XJNq-5JLvgM

illusioNtEk
10-31-2016, 02:16 PM
With g Hill coming back no need for him to train... he knows everything what spurs and pop want. Would be sp fucking bad as to have hill back

TrainOfThought5
10-31-2016, 02:31 PM
Are you saying we should have kept George and not traded him for that other scrub player whose name I can't recall at this moment?:lol

You talkin about Davis Bertans? Hes not that bad :lol

BillMc
10-31-2016, 02:51 PM
You talkin about Davis Bertans? Hes not that bad :lol
:lol

DAF86
11-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Let's get him in the offseason. :toast

timtonymanu
11-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Come home, George. Bring back Patty. Trade Parker.

apalisoc_9
11-01-2016, 10:30 PM
If the spurs can get curry tbh....

Tully365
11-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Perfect free agent for the Spurs next summer-- knows the system, Pop loves him, plays defense. He'd start for a couple of seasons, and be a good mentor for D Murray.

Ice009
11-01-2016, 10:32 PM
I was thinking the other day, why didn't the Spurs go after Whiteside instead of Gasol? Whiteside impressed the shit out of me when we played Miami.

Kawhitstorm
11-01-2016, 11:09 PM
I was thinking the other day, why didn't the Spurs go after Whiteside instead of Gasol? Whiteside impressed the shit out of me when we played Miami.

B/c Whiteside is a freaking knucklehead.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
11-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Perfect free agent for the Spurs next summer-- knows the system, Pop loves him, plays defense. He'd start for a couple of seasons, and be a good mentor for D Murray.

Hill/Exum are in a similar situation as Teague/Schroder, if Exum can show he's ready to start next season then they might not be willing to pay Hill starters money but as of right now Exum barely looks like a rotation player. I expect the Jazz to re-sign Hayward/Hill at all costs b/c they can't attract FAs.

Jrue Holiday owes the Pelicans after essentially missing 50% of the games due to injury since they traded for him & now leaving them in a tough spot due to his wife's healthy situation. So, the best option might be Jeff Teague who's basically 2003 Porker status::lol

DAF86
11-01-2016, 11:24 PM
Hill, Green, Kawhi, Aldridge, Dedmon.

Size, athleticism, youth, experience, defense, offense, :lobt2:

SAGirl
11-02-2016, 12:43 AM
Looked very good tonight...

sasaint
11-02-2016, 03:11 PM

it just means that Porker will be gone sooner than later..

Nice dream - you hold on to it. Spurs wouldn't trade Parker, even if they could find a taker.

Kawhitstorm
11-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Hill is averaging 20/5 (TS: 63%), he's having a mid-career resurgence ala Nic Batum after he got traded to the Bobcats. When he's aggressive, he can be a Jrue Holiday/Mike Conley tier two-way PG especially if he has a play-maker on the wing like Kawhi.

sasaint
11-02-2016, 03:20 PM

Next summer - would place the Spurs a season too late. That would be aggravating for the Spurs to have hung on to Parker through this off-season when Hill was actually moved and all the way through this entire 16-17 season when loyalty was the only reason. Please, PATFO, if you compromise your loyalty do it before another season is wasted.

raybies
11-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Come home, George. Bring back Patty. Trade Parker.

Dream scenario. One must think, at what point does pop have the talk with him. It's not fair to anyone tbh

TD 21
11-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Hill/Exum are in a similar situation as Teague/Schroder, if Exum can show he's ready to start next season then they might not be willing to pay Hill starters money but as of right now Exum barely looks like a rotation player. I expect the Jazz to re-sign Hayward/Hill at all costs b/c they can't attract FAs.

Jrue Holiday owes the Pelicans after essentially missing 50% of the games due to injury since they traded for him & now leaving them in a tough spot due to his wife's healthy situation. So, the best option might be Jeff Teague who's basically 2003 Porker status::lol

Agreed. But the Spurs can also offer a starting job and the 5th year is probably irrelevant, since we're not talking about a young and/or max player.

Hill said Pop is one of the most important people he's ever met, he still has a lot of friends in the city that he comes back to visit every summer and he considers it a second home.

The Jazz should be a perfect fit and probably have a slight edge, but I get the sense that Pop and Buford told him they wanted him back one day when they traded him, he never wanted to leave and has wanted to come back since the Pacers started going downhill in '14.

Kawhitstorm
11-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Agreed. But the Spurs can also offer a starting job and the 5th year is probably irrelevant, since we're not talking about a young and/or max player.

Hill said Pop is one of the most important people he's ever met, he still has a lot of friends in the city that he comes back to visit every summer and he considers it a second home.

The Jazz should be a perfect fit and probably have a slight edge, but I get the sense that Pop and Buford told him they wanted him back one day when they traded him, he never wanted to leave and has wanted to come back since the Pacers started going downhill in '14.

Maybe he will turn down money like Danny but the Jazz are most likely going to roll out the red carpet especially if they are competitive in the playoffs w/ Hill running the show.

raybies
11-02-2016, 05:16 PM
With how he's playing, how much could he command? 16-18 mill per? Still would be a better value instead of a guy like cp3. How old is he?

TD 21
11-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Maybe he will turn down money like Danny but the Jazz are most likely going to roll out the red carpet especially if they are competitive in the playoffs w/ Hill running the show.

If he's set on the Spurs, then I think he will take slightly less.

He's more than likely undecided though, so this probably depends on how the season plays out for both teams. Hopefully the Spurs get to the WCF and push the Warriors, so they can sell him on immediately contending for a championship and the Jazz get eliminated in the WCQF and go quietly into the night while doing so.

DenialTwist
11-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Look at Mills compared to Hill on the top 50 PG's in PER (Player Efficiency Rating) on ESPN. Mills is #6. Hill is #20. Parker is nowhere on the top 50 list

Kawhitstorm
11-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Look at Mills compared to Hill on the top 50 PG's in PER (Player Efficiency Rating) on ESPN. Mills is #6. Hill is #20. Parker is nowhere on the top 50 list

PER doesn't mean much, Danny would be one of the worst players in the league if you rated players based on PER.

Kawhitstorm
11-02-2016, 11:07 PM
25/6/4 on 9/15 shooting.:wakeup

objective
11-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Spurs can't get enough cap room to get close to sign George Hill, not with Parker porking all over the team salary.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 12:26 AM
Spurs can't get enough cap room to get close to sign George Hill, not with Parker porking all over the team salary.

The Spurs will have about 10 mill in cap space & another 2 more mill if they dump Kyle. So, they could offer Hill about a 4yr 48 mill contract which is in the territory of what Jeremy Lin/Tyler Johnson got this summer.

SAGirl
11-03-2016, 12:39 AM
The Spurs will have about 10 mill in cap space & another 2 more mill if they dump Kyle. So, they could offer Hill about a 4yr 48 mill contract which is in the territory of what Jeremy Lin/Tyler Johnson got this summer.
That won't be enough but I do like Hill and would like to see it happen.

objective
11-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Won't be enough.

Lin was a backup who had failed his way out of other starting jobs. Johnson had been a half season backup with a season ending injury.

Hill is a proven starter who plays both sides of the ball.

Utah has bird rights and is far enough under the tax they can probably max Hayward and still give Hill 15+ a year.

There should be other competition for Hill also.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 12:54 AM
That won't be enough but I do like Hill and would like to see it happen.

It's funny how the Jazz got Hill in exchange for the draft right's of a poor-man's Kawhi that grew up in SA::lol

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/taurean-prince-of-the-atlanta-hawks-handles-the-ball-against-the-san-picture-id614184160?k=6&m=614184160&s=594x594&w=0&h=SZoUeGWAnSzqWGR7YHTGGHmyhhTpSk4dCaifl9Ejt-8=

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Won't be enough.

Lin was a backup who had failed his way out of other starting jobs. Johnson had been a half season backup with a season ending injury.

Hill is a proven starter who plays both sides of the ball.

Utah has bird rights and is far enough under the tax they can probably max Hayward and still give Hill 15+ a year.

There should be other competition for Hill also.

It's not about the competition, Danny turned down 60 mill offers & re-sign for 40 mill.:wakeup

Boban also was going to turn down 21 mill to sign for 9 mill...don't underestimate the power of PATFO.

MI21
11-03-2016, 01:12 AM
This is the best I've seen Hill offensively. I'm not his biggest fan, but this version of him would be amazing for the Spurs. I think his D is highly overrated here, but with his size if you can keep him on the opposition perimeter player who uses screens the least, he will be good. Hill/Green/Kawhi would offer amazing versatility defensively.

objective
11-03-2016, 01:32 AM
It's not about the competition, Danny turned down 60 mill offers & re-sign for 40 mill.:wakeup

Boban also was going to turn down 21 mill to sign for 9 mill...don't underestimate the power of PATFO.

Green signed for his deal when the cap was 70 million. This summer will be over 100. Prorated at the same % of the cap, and the Spurs can't get to that number with Pau and Parker. Looking at between 14-15 a year. Plus Green was offered terms but teams he had no connection with, but Hill will have a relationship with Utah

And with the Boban thing, I wouldn't say that's comparable. I've heard one Spurs beat guy who was there when Pop said what he did claim Pop was joking.

kaji157
11-03-2016, 08:04 AM
We are set with Tony´s corpse until the end of his contract as we cannot afford another PG at the moment and the FO WONT TRADE TONY.

Its not the end of the world, the Big 3 were pretty durable, and 2 out of 3 kept a high level until 40 years old. That´s not bad.

We cant complain about the Tony situation as he is being handled the same way that Tim and Manu did, if anything, its a problem that the team is now fully rebuit and Kawhi and LA "suffer" from Tony.

Those guys are the one that should complain, if anything.

spursistan
11-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Georgie balling his way to 15-17$ millions, TBH :bang..

SAGirl
11-03-2016, 12:26 PM
We are set with Tony´s corpse until the end of his contract as we cannot afford another PG at the moment and the FO WONT TRADE TONY.

Its not the end of the world, the Big 3 were pretty durable, and 2 out of 3 kept a high level until 40 years old. That´s not bad.

We cant complain about the Tony situation as he is being handled the same way that Tim and Manu did, if anything, its a problem that the team is now fully rebuit and Kawhi and LA "suffer" from Tony.

Those guys are the one that should complain, if anything.

I agree. In reality the team already has a PG getting paid a hefty sum. They can't at this point shed enough salary to pay another starting PG without shedding Tony himself. That is the reality. It's like Harlem said, we just got to accept it. It is unfair to the guys who are in win now mode. I keep hoping he bounces back... he's playing more of a team game so he's not going to be scoring that much, it's really on defense where he's getting cooked and where Danny covered for him a lot and he's out. When Danny's back he will get help on that end. Then offensively, getting less shots and being able to be picky about them should increase his efficiency and it hasn't. We shall see, I expect him to bounce back, if he doesn't then it does become a problem at some point, but Pop will give him chances, same way he gave Danny chances last season with his shooting slump. He may just reduce Tony's minutes if the slump is hurting, but he won't be benched into oblivion on account of the slow start.

CGD
11-03-2016, 02:11 PM
How his Utah gonna afford Hill? They just offered Rudy a max, have to reup Hayword, and extend Favors to big deals too. Then they have other young players that are gonna want to get paid too.

Snaq O'Meal
11-03-2016, 03:01 PM

If Hill is only worth $15-17 million for his current production, the Spurs should absolutely sign him up and promise him a starting spot! With today's salary cap, that's a steal. Just look at how much Conley got paid.

K...
11-03-2016, 03:13 PM
If Hill is only worth $15-17 million for his current production, the Spurs should absolutely sign him up and promise him a starting spot! With today's salary cap, that's a steal. Just look at how much Conley got paid.

I'm not sure Conley is the standard. We had a one time off season. The new cba isn't likely to be a big change. Conley was overpaid by Memphis (a very small market team) and his price driven up by the excessive cap space every team had.

SD126
11-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Someone will overpay his ordinary ass about $17 million per....at least.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Someone will overpay his ordinary ass about $17 million per....at least.

I think you may be low-balling Hill, but we shall see. $17MM isn't what it once was in the NBA...

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 04:20 PM
This is the best I've seen Hill offensively. I'm not his biggest fan, but this version of him would be amazing for the Spurs.

He played just as well when Paul George was out w/ a broken leg:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/105/files/2015/04/george-hill.jpg

I think his D is highly overrated here, but with his size if you can keep him on the opposition perimeter player who uses screens the least, he will be good. Hill/Green/Kawhi would offer amazing versatility defensively.

He isn't anymore overrated than Klay Thompson, his size allows him to switch without getting raped unlike Porker/Patty.

SAGirl
11-03-2016, 05:06 PM

George is pretty happy there TBH... and they want to extend him... this one flew away.

Snaq O'Meal
11-03-2016, 05:22 PM

George is pretty happy there TBH... and they want to extend him... this one flew away.

Of course he'll say the right things. I bet he'll be even happier if he's starting for the Spurs.

TD 21
11-03-2016, 05:42 PM

Just like they supposedly couldn't sign Aldridge without gutting the roster and the Warriors technically didn't have enough for Durant either.

Creating cap space isn't difficult, unless you've got unwanted players and even then, if you attach the requisite sweetner(s), it's doable.

Of course he'll say the right things. I bet he'll be even happier if he's starting for the Spurs.

Exactly. I'm not surprised by these comments. If the Jazz are desperate enough and offer him 4 years and somewhere between $50-60M, he'll probably take it. But if he gets to the open market, I maintain that the Spurs will have a legit chance.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Just like they supposedly couldn't sign Aldridge without gutting the roster and the Warriors technically didn't have enough for Durant either.

Creating cap space isn't difficult, unless you've got unwanted players and even then, if you attach the requisite sweetner(s), it's doable.

Exactly. I'm not surprised by these comments. If the Jazz are desperate enough and offer him 4 years and somewhere between $50-60M, he'll probably take it. But if he gets to the open market, I maintain that the Spurs will have a legit chance.

Man, I think you are really underestimating Hill's value under a cap that will exceed $100MM. If the Spurs could get Hill for that salary, PATFO would be elated.

TD 21
11-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Man, I think you are really underestimating Hill's value under a cap that will exceed $100MM. If the Spurs could get Hill for that salary, PATFO would be elated.

Maybe. I will say, I think he'll skew towards the high end of that though.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Did Georgie score against Patty?

Escawun3
11-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Jazz PG George Hill was named Western Conference Player of the Week after averaging 20.8 points and 5.8 assists while shooting 58.5 percent from the floor. Hill, who appears to be one of the summer's most underrated acquisitions, is the first Utah player to win the award since April 2013.
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fmacmahon_tim.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropTim MacMahon, ESPN Staff Writer

illusioNtEk
11-07-2016, 03:21 PM
I made a thread about trying to bring him back and most of you flamed me for it... fuck you guys

SAGirl
11-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Jazz PG George Hill was named Western Conference Player of the Week after averaging 20.8 points and 5.8 assists while shooting 58.5 percent from the floor. Hill, who appears to be one of the summer's most underrated acquisitions, is the first Utah player to win the award since April 2013.
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fmacmahon_tim.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropTim MacMahon, ESPN Staff Writer
Good for him he's been impressive... :tu.

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Tim MacMahon, ESPN Staff Writer

With Exum's ball-handling ability currently rivaling Simmons, they are most likely going to re-sign Hill & use him as a placeholder until Exum is ready to start. It's not like they are saving up cap space to sign a marquee free agent.:lol

PATFO are going re-sign Patty then sign Livingston to replace Manu & call it a day.:bang

kaji157
11-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Hollinger Stats - Player Efficiency Rating - Qualified Point Guards
RK PLAYER GP MPG TS% AST TO USG ORR DRR REBR PER VA EWA
1 Russell Westbrook, OKC 6 34.2 .556 21.6 11.9 43.0 6.5 21.3 14.1 33.13 67.7 2.3
2 Chris Paul, LAC 6 31.0 .574 32.2 8.0 27.1 1.7 19.2 10.2 30.56 54.3 1.8
3 Damian Lillard, POR 7 36.3 .654 15.1 8.9 31.3 1.8 15.3 8.7 30.05 72.2 2.4
4 George Hill, UTAH 7 33.9 .659 23.1 5.3 23.1 1.5 8.5 5.1 26.60 55.2 1.8
5 John Wall, WSH 4 34.3 .532 27.8 14.6 34.8 4.8 12.8 8.7 25.79 30.2 1.0
6 Isaiah Thomas, BOS 6 34.2 .624 21.5 10.8 30.8 0.6 8.0 4.3 25.78 45.2 1.5
7 Mike Conley, MEM 6 32.8 .618 25.3 10.8 27.5 1.6 8.5 4.9 24.29 39.1 1.3
8 Kemba Walker, CHA 5 33.4 .608 16.7 10.2 29.1 0.6 8.9 4.7 23.45 31.0 1.0
9 Jeremy Lin, BKN 5 26.8 .554 28.0 10.8 25.9 1.5 13.2 7.3 22.52 23.0 0.8
10 Stephen Curry, GS 6 32.2 .583 21.0 9.3 29.0 1.2 8.5 5.0 21.73 30.9 1.0

12 Patty Mills, SA 7 22.7 .636 23.2 6.6 20.1 2.1 5.2 3.6 20.23 21.9 0.7

57 Tony Parker, SA 4 26.5 .420 33.2 12.4 14.7 0.0 8.8 4.3 5.33 -9.0 -0.3
58 Andrew Harrison, MEM 6 24.2 .397 23.6 13.3 16.2 2.2 4.1 3.1 4.78 -13.5 -0.4
59 Greivis Vasquez, BKN 3 13.0 .376 32.6 6.5 11.9 0.0 5.4 2.6 4.59 -3.7 -0.1
60 C.J. Watson, ORL 4 10.5 .102 33.8 11.3 6.8 4.9 8.0 6.4 2.99 -5.0 -0.2
RK PLAYER GP MPG TS% AST TO USG ORR DRR REBR PER VA EWA
61 Trey Burke, WSH 5 12.4 .369 10.2 20.5 17.9 0.0 7.6 3.7 0.26 -9.9 -0.3
62 Tyler Ennis, HOU 6 9.7 .267 30.3 24.2 18.2 4.1 7.9 6.0 -2.91 -12.0 -0.4

spursistan
12-24-2016, 02:08 AM

Update: Career/Contract year might just have been ruined by this mysterious toe injury..Only played in 11 games and scheduled to miss the rest of 2016 games with possibility of more..

Sad for G.Hill, but this could drive down his price to the benefit of the Spurs..

spursistan
12-24-2016, 03:45 PM
^

Kawhitstorm
12-24-2016, 03:54 PM
Update: Career/Contract year might just have been ruined by this mysterious toe injury..Only played in 11 games and scheduled to miss the rest of 2016 games with possibility of more..

Sad for G.Hill, but this could drive down his price to the benefit of the Spurs..

Jazz have no choice but to offer him 20mill/per & max out Hayward. They might just ditch Favors if they don't want to dip into luxury tax territory.

BillMc
12-24-2016, 05:01 PM
If you could only have one would you rather acquire Hill or keep Patty?

mo7888
12-24-2016, 05:31 PM

At what type of contact for each player?

Ice009
12-24-2016, 09:58 PM
The sample size is too small on Hill. I'd need to see how he plays out the year. How many games has he missed? I'd like to see him play at least 50 games to see if he's elevated his game now that he's not constricted like he was in Indiana.

BillMc
12-24-2016, 10:29 PM
At what type of contact for each player?
Regardless of money.

But, if you need a number, say 12 million

mo7888
12-24-2016, 10:31 PM
Regardless of money.

But, if you need a number, say 12 million

At the same money I'd take Hill.

Kawhitstorm
12-24-2016, 11:36 PM
The sample size is too small on Hill. I'd need to see how he plays out the year. How many games has he missed? I'd like to see him play at least 50 games to see if he's elevated his game now that he's not constricted like he was in Indiana.

Checkout his '14-'15 season when Paul George was out for the season after he broke his leg.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
12-24-2016, 11:39 PM

Hill can do what Patty does as he has been an elite 3 point shooter the past 2 seasons while Patty is useless if he isn't hitting his shots.

Patty doesn't stand a chance at checking elite PGs while Hill locked up Lowry in the playoffs.

Snaq O'Meal
12-25-2016, 12:38 AM

In an ideal world, the Spurs keep Patty, acquire Hill and trade Parker.

spursistan
12-29-2016, 11:36 PM
21 pts (8-10)/8 rebs/6 asts/3 stl in 29 min in his first game back from injury :wow...

Dude has improved so much since his Spurs days, tbh..I'll take him in a heartbeat..I just hope Pop can work some magic and get him back home where he belongs..

G.Hill (15-17 millions) >> Mills (12-14 millions)

Chinook
12-29-2016, 11:42 PM
Utah is going to max him and Hayward out. And at his age, I'd want no part of that contract.

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Utah is going to max him and Hayward out. And at his age, I'd want no part of that contract.

Kawhitstorm
12-29-2016, 11:55 PM
21 pts (8-10)/8 rebs/6 asts/3 stl in 29 min in his first game back from injury :wow...

Dude has improved so much since his Spurs days, tbh..I'll take him in a heartbeat..I just hope Pop can work some magic and get him back home where he belongs..

G.Hill (15-17 millions) >> Mills (12-14 millions)
Chinook:
Hill wouldn't play 30 minutes on the Spurs, even in a dual role.:lmao

Chinook
12-30-2016, 12:21 AM
Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557): :lmao

I really wish you didn't turn shitty like 15 percent of the time. You actually are one of the best posters on here. Anyway, from last season:

Hill wouldn't play 30 minutes on the Spurs, even in a dual role. And he's probably not all that familiar with the system, which has changed a lot over the past four years. He's not as good on defense as Green, nor as good of a shooter. There are things he does that I like, but I don't want him as the starting two-guard.

In the off-season or especially in 2017 when the Spurs have cap space? Sure.

It really doesn't help to be so disingenuous.

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 12:25 AM
I would take him.... frankly it is true that if you were to have one of either Mills or Hill and the difference were 3 mill I'd take Hill...
Now what kind of max are you talking about Chinook?

lefty
12-30-2016, 12:42 AM
Hill and Mills tbh

Chinook
12-30-2016, 01:13 AM
I would take him.... frankly it is true that if you were to have one of either Mills or Hill and the difference were 3 mill I'd take Hill...
Now what kind of max are you talking about Chinook?

Thinking at least $100M/5. That would be getting off cheap for them. Dude could easily get what Conley got.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 01:25 AM
It really doesn't help to be so disingenuous.

Hill's a JAG. There's no point in using cap space on JAGs. They need a bona fide third scorer rather than a caretaker.:lmao

Before this season:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/105/files/2015/04/george-hill.jpg

This season:

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 01:31 AM
Thinking at least $100M/5. That would be getting off cheap for them. Dude could easily get what Conley got.
In that case they would need to restructure the roster.. by loosening up a big ticket player... Gasol for example... hmmm definitely I am not good at these things. GM SAGirl not very good TBH. Thinking about that... /sigh Spurs are standing pat with Tony I think.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 01:32 AM

He should b/c he's as good as Conley rather than a JAG.:wakeup

Chinook
12-30-2016, 01:35 AM
Yeah, and you didn't think this was going to happen either. You proposed him for $12 Million a year, when he's going to get twice that. There's no question the guy is going bonkers right now, in many respects playing twice as well as he has for his whole career. We'll see if it's Hill or just an aberration.

Anyway, you keep being disingenuous as shit, not posting the actual quotes so people can look at the conversation if they wish. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263714

You thought the same thing I did, but you considered him a cheap pick-up who knew the system, even though he doesn't know the system. Acting like you saw this explosion is just lame.

Chinook
12-30-2016, 01:36 AM
He should b/c he's as good as Conley rather than a JAG.:wakeup

You thought he was a JAG too.

Chinook
12-30-2016, 01:40 AM
In that case they would need to restructure the roster.. by loosening up a big ticket player... Gasol for example... hmmm definitely I am not good at these things. GM SAGirl not very good TBH. Thinking about that... /sigh Spurs are standing pat with Tony I think.

They could potentially afford him near that price without moving more than one of Gasol or Parker. Could probably even keep Dedmon. But I'd rather CP3 or Lowry if I am moving guys for cap space.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 01:45 AM
You thought he was a JAG too.

Which was why I pointed this out last season in the Danny trade proposal poAs........riiiiiiiiighttttttt:http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256790&p=8401943&viewfull=1#post8401943

:wakeup

Mnky
12-30-2016, 01:52 AM
Everyone has always like George hill. That's why everyone was questioning whether the trade for kawhi was worth it, even though he was supposed to be a lottery talent.

Nothing new here. Props to Hill for balling. Always had him on my fantasy team, another healthy, he's doing good work for me tbh.

Chinook
12-30-2016, 01:55 AM
Which was why I pointed this out last season in the Danny trade proposal poAs........riiiiiiiiighttttttt:http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256790&p=8401943&viewfull=1#post8401943

:wakeup

Yeah, most people don't use the word "solid" when talking about stars. Again, you wanted him for a deal only a bit over the league average (next year) and used his time with the team as the main reason for signing him. Nothing about him being a great player. You just thought he'd be a base hit, an upgrade over a net negative. Shit, you even tried to sell Ian as the bigger piece to the trade.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 02:04 AM
Yeah, most people don't use the word "solid" when talking about stars. Again, you wanted him for a deal only a bit over the league average (next year) and used his time with the team as the main reason for signing him. Nothing about him being a great player. You just thought he'd be a base hit, an upgrade over a net negative. Shit, you even tried to sell Ian as the bigger piece to the trade.

Damn, you're so butt-hurt about being SOooooooooooo WRONG about G.Hill.:lmao

Chinook
12-30-2016, 02:07 AM
Damn, you're so butt hurt that you were SOooooooooooo WRONG about G.Hill.:lmao

Butt hurt would be constantly bumping threads about him. I've gone through most of the year not knowing anything about him outside of your posts. Had no idea he had been injured until a couple of days ago.

Again, you have these stretches where you just turn lame for some reason. You and I had pretty much the same evaluation on Hill. I wanted the Spurs to go for bigger fish this off-season, while you wanted to pick him up on the cheap. Neither of us were talking about him as the max player he seems like he's going to be.

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 02:23 AM
They could potentially afford him near that price without moving more than one of Gasol or Parker. Could probably even keep Dedmon. But I'd rather CP3 or Lowry if I am moving guys for cap space.
The problem is that it doesn't make sense to pay a big ticket for a PG while Tony is in the team with a big salary. I thought the same with the Conley rumors last offseason.

I am about to give up on ideas like these. They are nice to consider but Tony isn't getting traded... I am reaching the point Harlem preaches: acceptance and moving on.

Some fans I guess rather hope some youngster grows up like Dijon. There are issues with whether Mills is even re-upped and I think he's going to, though Forbes is looking like a scorer in the dleague. He's currently their leading scorer and is shooting over 50% on 3s.

Spurs are becoming super top heavy, which when Manu retires is going to have to be the case anyways. I can't foresee the offseason.. a lot depends on guys picking up their options or not, performance in the playoffs, and potential upgrades. I doubt CP3, Lowry and Hill are options anyways and maybe Mills is the best they can do. So many unknowns. They likely need upgrades again with Manu retiring though.

On the watchlist: development for the youngsters.

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 02:28 AM
Kudos to Kawhitstorm though... He did have Hill as a potential target way back then when the Pacers were shopping him and he didn't look like much at the time.. a buy low opportunity.

Sigh... since I haven't given up on Kyle.. maybe some team can buy low on him. Dude is getting wasted in the Spurs... though I am sure GSH would argue the guy to buy low on is Davis Bertans... anyways... there are so many guys in the league that get underplayed or underused bc they are not in the right situation and that was the case for Hill. Jazz are likely now going to want him.
The guy to buy low on is going to be their "presumed bust" who is just 21 in Exum.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 02:31 AM
Again, you have these stretches where you just turn lame for some reason.

I just enjoy mocking arrogant folks who anoint themselves as experts & don't think they are ever wrong about anything.:lol

You and I had pretty much the same evaluation on Hill. I wanted the Spurs to go for bigger fish this off-season, while you wanted to pick him up on the cheap. Neither of us were talking about him as the max player he seems like he's going to be.

Yeah. referring to a player's POINT-GUARD skills as "solid" means they are JAGs.:lol Lillard/Kyrie are scorers w/ SOLID point guard skills, that's basically what Hill is which is why I consider him a combo-guard. (Of course, he isn't as good a 1-on-1 scorer as Lillard/Kyrie but nor is Conley)

Snaq O'Meal
12-30-2016, 02:31 AM
Everyone has always like George hill. That's why everyone was questioning whether the trade for kawhi was worth it, even though he was supposed to be a lottery talent.

Nothing new here. Props to Hill for balling. Always had him on my fantasy team, another healthy, he's doing good work for me tbh.

I think some people were concerned that the wrong point guard was traded for Kawhi.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 03:18 AM
Spurs are becoming super top heavy, which when Manu retires is going to have to be the case anyways. I can't foresee the offseason.. a lot depends on guys picking up their options or not, performance in the playoffs, and potential upgrades. I doubt CP3, Lowry and Hill are options anyways and maybe Mills is the best they can do. So many unknowns. They likely need upgrades again with Manu retiring though.

One young intriguing player that's rumored to be on the trading blocks is Elfrid Payton who PATFO could probably land by offering nothing more than Patty. The Magic's GM is trying to save his job by making the playoffs so they are mortgaging off their young players for vets.

**Patty/:lolKyle:lol for Payton/:wowHezonja:wow works salary wise: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jv7adov**

Payton reminds me of a young Devin Harris who busted Porker's ass in 2006 & although he's a very shaky shooter, his shot doesn't look broken like Rondo's which is why I believe Chip could fix it.

pwaVCV_rdN4

SAGirl
12-30-2016, 03:25 AM
One young intriguing player that's rumored to be on the trading blocks is Elfrid Payton who PATFO could probably land by offering nothing more than Patty. The Magic's GM is trying to save his job by making the playoffs so they are mortgaging off their young players for vets.:lol

Payton reminds me of a young Devin Harris who busted Porker's ass in 2006 & although he's a very shaky shooter, his shot doesn't look broken like Rondo's which is why I believe Chip could fix it.

pwaVCV_rdN4
How does he compare with Dijon though? Dijon is younger... just as shaky of a scorer/shooter... Payton is a real NBA player though, Dijon still has to show that, let's star there. He may be 2 years away from where Payton is unless he makes massive leaps all around.

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 03:38 AM
How does he compare with Dijon though? Dijon is younger... just as shaky of a scorer/shooter... Payton is a real NBA player though, Dijon still has to show that, let's star there. He may be 2 years away from where Payton is unless he makes massive leaps all around.

Payton is a true point guard rather than a combo-guard like Murray The best comparison for Payton as far as current starters is Rondo when he's actually looking to score & competing on defense as he did against the Spurs in Chicago:

rCji7koIb1A

Holden_Caulfield
12-30-2016, 04:18 AM
time to bring out my spurs george hill jersey :lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-30-2016, 07:20 AM
I like how every time someone suggests trading for a bad shooter they draw the Chip-will-fix-anything card.

objective
12-30-2016, 08:19 AM
Going to be a rough off season. If Pau opts in, they're done. Forget George Hill, can't get the caproom. Won't want to stomach matching a huge deal for Simmons that a team like the Nets would sign him to. Parker and Pau filling the cap. Dedmon leaving. And then the bad news: wait another year to get Pau and Parker off the books, but then Aldridge and Green opt out and their cap holds wipe out the savings. Especially if they ended up keeping Mills, no more money.

Best case is Pau opts out and Parker gets stretched. One can dream.

MaNu4Tres
12-30-2016, 09:11 AM
Going to be a rough off season. If Pau opts in, they're done. Forget George Hill, can't get the caproom. Won't want to stomach matching a huge deal for Simmons that a team like the Nets would sign him to. Parker and Pau filling the cap. Dedmon leaving. And then the bad news: wait another year to get Pau and Parker off the books, but then Aldridge and Green opt out and their cap holds wipe out the savings. Especially if they ended up keeping Mills, no more money.

Best case is Pau opts out and Parker gets stretched. One can dream.

Best case, Pau opts out, Parker is stretched or Patty is let go and Murray becomes who Pop thinks he can be quickly ***

eric365
12-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Best case, Pau opts out, Parker is stretched or Patty is let go and Murray becomes who Pop thinks he can be quickly ***

Parker's contract can't be stretched. There is no player/team option at all in his contract
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio_spurs/

Or do you know some miraculous way?

I'd take Hill and let go Mills. Hill would be a great starter and Parker will be more efficient off the bench against weaker opposition and a system for him

100%duncan
12-30-2016, 09:33 AM
If Pau opts out its because this season turned so disastrous and if he opts in its just as likely we didnt win the chip and we are fucked in the future. Lose-lose, fuck this signing.

objective
12-30-2016, 09:55 AM
Parker's contract can't be stretched. There is no player/team option at all in his contract
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio_spurs/

Or do you know some miraculous way?

I'd take Hill and let go Mills. Hill would be a great starter and Parker will be more efficient off the bench against weaker opposition and a system for him

He can be waived and stretched.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-30-2016, 09:59 AM
Surely you don't expect the guy who's invited to give a speech on TD's retirement night to be waived. :lol ffs

cd98
12-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Hill is resigning with the Jazz before he ever considers signing with Spurs. I know he has good memories here, but it stings to get traded like he did and then see the Kawhi turn into a superstar. I think pride will make him slow to agree to any return to SA.

sasaint
12-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Hill is resigning with the Jazz before he ever considers signing with Spurs. I know he has good memories here, but it stings to get traded like he did and then see the Kawhi turn into a superstar. I think pride will make him slow to agree to any return to SA.

Wouldn't it sting more if he had been traded for some bust rather than a guy who turned into an All Star?

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 02:42 PM
I like how every time someone suggests trading for a bad shooter they draw the Chip-will-fix-anything card.

Last I checked he gets paid to fix shots & is the best in the business. It's not like I said he's going to fix Kyle's robotic & slow sling shot, Payton actually has a normal form but he has a hitch at the top of his shot which causes him to be inconsistent.

Do your research before you run your mouth:

Porker at 22 (4th season) was shooting 65% from the line & 27% from 3 on two attempts while shooting ~25% of his shots from midrange at a 40% success rate. Payton who is now 22 but only midway through his 3rd season is shooting 61% from the line & 25% from 3 on two attempts. while shooting ~20% of his shots from mid-range at a 44% success rate.

Chip worked w/ Porker during the Summer of 2005:

In Parker’s case, the first thing Engelland noted was that while his form was exemplary on his one-handed runners and teardrops, Parker held the ball differently on his jump shot. Rather than keeping his right hand under the ball, Parker had it slightly higher up. So, beginning with training camp in the fall of 2005, Engelland reconstructed Parker’s shot, moving his right hand down, his right thumb out to widen his grip, slowing down his motion and even changing his release point.

Payton shoots fine when he letting it fly on pull up jump shots, his issue is when he's spotting up or at the FT line since he probably thinks too much which causes a hitch in his shot. Chip just needs to get that hitch out of his shot to turn him into a 70%+ FT shooter & lows 30s three point shooter which is basically Porker's shooting line for the first 7 season of his career.

pBpUiO-bxz0

Kawhitstorm
12-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Surely you don't expect the guy who's invited to give a speech on TD's retirement night to be waived. :lol ffs

If Patty/Manu are gone he can also be used as a backup guard since Murray isn't going to run the offense by himself.:lol

gambit1990
12-30-2016, 03:25 PM
stop talking about how parker can be waived and stretched, you're giving me hope :lol

cd98
12-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Wouldn't it sting more if he had been traded for some bust rather than a guy who turned into an All Star?

No, because he could use it to say Spurs made a mistake. Instead people are saying it's the most lopsided trade in probably 15 years.

eric365
12-31-2016, 04:59 PM
He can be waived and stretched.

He can't sign for the spurs if he is waived by them.
Spurs would never do that

spursistan
03-26-2017, 12:17 AM
Bump..

I'll stay weary of contract year dudes. Hill kinda cooled off after that torrid start to the season. Still a great defender but the inconsistency of his play-making and shooting is what keeps him from cracking the elite PG tier --and he is going to be 31 in 5 weeks to boot..

I don't think I would commit something that's even close to a max for him if he Spurs somehow open up cap space..If he craps the bed in the playoffs (team worst -16 v Clippers in reg season series), he could regret not signing that extension Utah gave him..