PDA

View Full Version : The experiment failed...let's move on

duncan2k5
11-02-2016, 05:54 AM
Kyle is really bad...it has come to the point where you don't even expect good games from him, you're just relieved when he isn't absolutely horrible... He always drives the ball into traffic, this disrupting the offense because people pass out to him to shoot...his shot is slow and inconsistent, and he doesn't even try on defense...

Bertrand NEEDS to be our backup 3...he has more experience than kyle, is possibly the best shooter on the team, is quicker on his feet and longer...plays better defense, and has a high motor...

Next up, Tony is done...we need to ask ourselves which is better? His ego? Or the team's success? Because if we keep shooting ourselves in Tue foot with this guy, SA will be a less attractive place for future FA because we can't fall back on the fact that we are winners...

Simmons is great...he just needs to shoot that 3 more often instead of driving into traffic and getting stripped...I much rather by in take it hard to the rack every time if he does drive...he is a good finisher...Danny green scares me every time he dribbles or passes on offense, and its not as if Simmons sucks on defense...besides Danny can go on some epic slumps

Em-City
11-02-2016, 06:23 AM
Actually, Simmons does suck on D

Boomersgold
11-02-2016, 06:33 AM
Bertans needs to play at least 10 minutes per game.

urunobili
11-02-2016, 07:47 AM
I wish Pop would give longer runs to rookies when his troopers with more corporate knowledge are not delivering...

Splits
11-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Fuck it, move the team to Seattle

DJR210
11-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Actually, Simmons does suck on D

He could be worse.. at least he has the athleticism to recover and the hustle to make shit happen

sasaint
11-02-2016, 09:20 AM
I wish Pop would give longer runs to rookies when his troopers with more corporate knowledge are not delivering...

Pop is way too stubborn to do stuff like that, friend. He was actively coaching against the Dubs. Last night he was barely engaged. He sticks way too long with experimental line-ups when everybody on the planet can see they are not working. When he is in that mode, he kills us.

Dre_7
11-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Anderson is a better defender than Simmons. I don't know how you all can't see that? But then again, this is ST and if it were up to ya'll Pop would have been fired around 2010-2011 and George Hill would not have been traded for Kawhi and the Spurs would have 4 rings.

PopTheGOAT
11-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Anderson is a better defender than Simmons. I don't know how you all can't see that? But then again, this is ST and if it were up to ya'll Pop would have been fired around 2010-2011 and George Hill would not have been traded for Kawhi and the Spurs would have 4 rings.

cd98
11-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Um Betrans can't guard twos or threes. Say what you want about Andersons defense, but Bertrans would be worse guarding those positions. Bertrans is a 4/5.

cd98
11-02-2016, 08:47 PM
He could be worse.. at least he has the athleticism to recover and the hustle to make shit happen

Simmons is good at 15 min a game. More than that and you get diminishing returns.

sasaint
11-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Um Betrans can't guard twos or threes. Say what you want about Andersons defense, but Bertrans would be worse guarding those positions. Bertrans is a 4/5.

I think Bertans is a 4 exclusively. He completely lacks the girth to defend the 5.

Snaq O'Meal
11-02-2016, 09:15 PM

The trade to draft Kawhi is the right one.

But the Spurs may have traded away the wrong PG.

Kikoluna
11-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Kyle is truly HORRIBLEEEE. how some of you defend him is beyond despicable. He is a shame to the spurs history.

DJR210
11-02-2016, 10:01 PM
The Spurs brought Kyle in w/ hopes of taking a guy with PG experience with PF size, and thinking they can mold him into a Boris Diaw type guy.. The only thing stopping this from happening is the fact that Kyle:

1. Can't shoot for shit
2. Doesn't have the balls to shoot anyway
3. Isn't fast enough to get by anybody
4. Isn't a good passer
5. Can't get others involved
6. Seems to have almost no confidence unless he's in the Summer/D-League
7. Isn't known for his intelligence
8. Has no post game
9. Doesn't use his size to his advantage
10. Isn't crafty in the slightest
11. Doesn't use his size well as a defender much either

I have noticed he has decent hands, but it hardly leads to anything. As much as I wanted the guy to succeed, it's official in my book. James Anderson 2.0

Obstructed_View
11-03-2016, 05:37 AM
Undefeated with him in the starting lineup, yet the loss when he came off the bench is his fault, tbh.

kaji157
11-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Undefeated with him in the starting lineup, yet the loss when he came off the bench is his fault, tbh.

I have had mixed emotions about Kyle, first i thought he would be good/great, believed in him, watching him play i thought he could provide some Manu-like playmaking after Manu retires.
Lately i have seen what many here have, that he seem unable to give the team a lift in any given area, that he is not "great" at anything.

But after this lose, i think you are right, we werenīt great with him as a starter, but the moment Simmons was inserted there, we got a L.

I think you canīt blame that on Kyle.

Plus, we all knew that he couldnīt play with the Subs at the peace they are playing.

DrSteffo
11-03-2016, 09:26 AM
I don't mind him playing out his rookie contract as a bench guy who will eat some minutes, not contribute much and then get max 5 min PT in the playoffs. What I would mind is if they give him a deal comparable to a real contributor after the rookie contract or if they fail again in the playoffs because they pretend that scrubs are not scrubs.

Dre_7
11-03-2016, 02:21 PM
The trade to draft Kawhi is the right one.

But the Spurs may have traded away the wrong PG.

I thought the Pacers specifically wanted Hill because he was younger. Either way, it was the right move. And even more so if Bertans becomes as good as it looks like he can.

TheyCallMePro
11-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Kyle Anderson is a non-athlete. This is the NBA. You can't be a non-athlete and play in the NBA. It's that simple.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Kyle Anderson is a non-athlete. This is the NBA. You can't be a non-athlete and play in the NBA. It's that simple.

That's a pithy and pretty good assessment. Not many unathletic guys do make it in the league.

YGWHI
11-03-2016, 10:00 PM
If Patty starts tomorrow along with Simms that will be a disaster on defense. I'd rather see Kawhi playing more at #2 like in the first games and Simms bringing energy off the bench.

DenialTwist
11-04-2016, 02:26 AM
I agree, I'd rather see Bertans out there instead of Anderson. Simmons needs to play better defense. Ever since game 1 he's gotten a little too confident on offense and lost focus on the defensive end.