"For sure."

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17950186

:claw:flag:

r0drig0lac
11-02-2016, 06:31 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiclaw.png

TampaDude
11-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Blowout win for the Spurs on Friday night. Book it.

coachmac87
11-02-2016, 08:58 AM
He's really playing with a purpose this year...too bad #9 isn't as a "starting pg"

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 09:05 AM
He's really playing with a purpose this year...too bad #9 isn't as a "starting pg"
#9 has been a starting PG for 15 years and counting. His squad has never won les than 60% of their games and he's the winningest player in NBA history through 1,000 games. He's the all-time leading playoff scoring PG and he continues to add to his records to pull away from Magic and others.

Clipper Nation
11-02-2016, 09:08 AM
Duncan: "We'll do it this time."

Kawhi: "For sure."

Porker: "We aren't contenders anymore. I give up. And why are they leaving Danny Green wide open?"

100%duncan
11-02-2016, 09:12 AM

Porker: "We aren't contenders anymore. I give up. And why are they leaving Danny Green wide open?"

We were just texting

bklynspursfan
11-02-2016, 09:16 AM
#9 has been a starting PG for 15 years and counting. His squad has never won les than 60% of their games and he's the winningest player in NBA history through 1,000 games. He's the all-time leading playoff scoring PG and he continues to add to his records to pull away from Magic and others.

Yup. But let the haters hate. Idk what people expect from TP these days. They want his role to change and when he does adjust his game they still complain. Just ignorance

cd021
11-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Kawhi gunning for that ass :wow

true Alpha:claw

spursistan
11-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Don't want KAwhi tO turn into another Turtle Head Jason Terry, tbh..Every thing possible when Porker is your starting PG..

SupremeGuy
11-02-2016, 10:02 AM

Porker: "We aren't contenders anymore. I give up. And why are they leaving Danny Green wide open?"Damn... :wow

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 10:05 AM

Actually Parker said after 2013: "We'll get back to the Finals."

RD2191
11-02-2016, 10:31 AM

:lmao :lol :toast

tmtcsc
11-02-2016, 10:39 AM
Yup. But let the haters hate. Idk what people expect from TP these days. They want his role to change and when he does adjust his game they still complain. Just ignorance

How has he adjusted his game? Is he more of a defender now? - No. Is he more of a distributor now? - No. Is he more of a spot-up shooter now? - No. He's playing less minutes with less effectiveness than before. He looks so out of place that its actually sad and pathetic. I almost feel sorry for him. Its as if he knows he doesn't belong on an NBA floor.

I honestly thought he was injured when the Spurs played the LA Clippers in the first round 2 years ago. I thought he could bounce back after getting healthy, but I was wrong. Whatever hamstring or health issue he had - he's never recovered. Perhaps the injury was just a segue in to being an old player with lots of miles on him. He got his 4 rings, his Finals MVP and is now coasting without much of a care in the world.

I want to see players who have some fire in them to win. Play the young guys who don't have more than 1 ring or the ones that just got here. Manu is playing with energy when he gets minutes. There's no excuse for TP.

bklynspursfan
11-02-2016, 11:07 AM
How has he adjusted his game? Is he more of a defender now? - No. Is he more of a distributor now? - No. Is he more of a spot-up shooter now? - No. He's playing less minutes with less effectiveness than before. He looks so out of place that its actually sad and pathetic. I almost feel sorry for him. Its as if he knows he doesn't belong on an NBA floor.

I honestly thought he was injured when the Spurs played the LA Clippers in the first round 2 years ago. I thought he could bounce back after getting healthy, but I was wrong. Whatever hamstring or health issue he had - he's never recovered. Perhaps the injury was just a segue in to being an old player with lots of miles on him. He got his 4 rings, his Finals MVP and is now coasting without much of a care in the world.

I want to see players who have some fire in them to win. Play the young guys who don't have more than 1 ring or the ones that just got here. Manu is playing with energy when he gets minutes. There's no excuse for TP.

But he does distribute more, and he shoots less. The passing doesn't show up as assists but he is more of a facilitator at this point.

He's not more of a defender, and frankly he probably won't be at this point.

He isn't primarily a spot up shooter (don't think he ever will be), but I think once Green gets back and the overall spacing improves in that SL, he will do it much more than he has.

His catch and shoot %'s are already up 4% more than last year in the 4 games he's played, and that number should continue to rise. (from 13.4% frequency to 17.4% frequency thus far) and that's with Anderson/Simmons starting, both guys who aren't spreading the floor.

Shooting with 0 or 1 dribble, he was doing that at a 22.8% frequency last season. This year he is at 30.4% frequency in those scenarios.

Another number to show he is adjusting:

Last season he held the ball for 6+ seconds at a 37.9% frequency. This year that number is at 26.1%.

So, he definitely is adjusting his game. It's a gradual change, and not one that can be made by waving a wand. The fact that he is shooting poorly makes it worse, but just to show you it's his usual slow starting slump:

About 40% of his shots have come when he was either open or wide open, and he's only shooting roughly 20ish% in those scenarios. His % is higher actually with defenders closer to him ironically.

So the looks are there for him, he's missed so many mid range shots and shots in the paint that he is known for sinking with ease. Once those start to drop, and once the overall spacing improves in the starting unit, I think we'll see this trend of his continue to go in the direction it is.

It's been 4 games, so the sample size is super small, but with LMA/Kawhi now the guys, we can expect him to continue on this path

RD2191
11-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Parker and facilitator in the same sentence? :lmao

Chucho
11-02-2016, 11:39 AM

Because this is what originally ruined this board- people thinking they are analysts instead of the keyboard, couch potatoes they are and then they just beat it into the ground. And then you have the dipshits that pimp absolutely useless, garbage scraps and think they're NBA players instead of fringe, garbage that has no place in the L, like James White, Gist, et. al. And when they realize they are stupid and have no idea what they're talking about, they just troll.

Thank you for your post, though. It was the truf and a glimmer of light in a dark, dank sewer.

NameLess Scrub
11-02-2016, 11:51 AM
But he does distribute more, and he shoots less. The passing doesn't show up as assists but he is more of a facilitator at this point.

He isn't primarily a spot up shooter (don't think he ever will be), but I think once Green gets back and the overall spacing improves in that SL, he will do it much more than he has.

His catch and shoot %'s are already up 4% more than last year in the 3 games he's played, and that number should continue to rise. (from 13.4% frequency to 17.4% frequency thus far) and that's with Anderson/Simmons starting, both guys who aren't spreading the floor.

Shooting with 0 or 1 dribble, he was doing that at a 22.8% frequency last season. This year he is at 30.4% frequency in those scenarios.

Last season he held the ball for 6+ seconds at a 37.9% frequency. This year that number is at 26.1%.

So, he definitely is adjusting his game. It's a gradual change, and not one that can be made by waving a wand. The fact that he is shooting poorly makes it worse, but just to show you it's his usual slow starting slump:

About 40% of his shots have come when he was either open or wide open, and he's only shooting roughly 20ish% in those scenarios. His % is higher actually with defenders closer to him ironically.

So the looks are there for him, he's missed so many mid range shots and shots in the paint that he is known for sinking with ease. Once those start to drop, and once the overall spacing improves in the starting unit, I think we'll see this trend of his continue to go in the direction it is.

It's been 4 games, so the sample size is super small, but with LMA/Kawhi now the guys, we can expect him to continue on this path

This post I like. Provides some analysis on the current situation of Tony.

This post not so much. While true, it only talks about the past. The point was about the present.

In any case, this thread was about of Kawhi.

If Kawhi starts to talk in 3rd person, maybe he could become like a Miguel Cotto of basketball.

gambit1990
11-02-2016, 11:57 AM

:wow

San Antonio Slayer
11-02-2016, 12:02 PM
How has he adjusted his game?
I assess him as a mentor of The System on the floor though it's obvious he is overpaid and bla bla bla. Just like Harper and old Fisher in LA. And he is still #2 after Manu in creating pickandpops which are so beloved by our bigs. And he is still #1 or 2 in knowing the system overall. There are too many new people who needs to understand the spurs flow asap online not during timeouts. I prefer Mills as a starter but we need a strong second unit, remember last year? And do we need a very good pointguard to win it all? Todays Parker is better than Avery Johnson of 99 anyway. Do they need to trade him? It's the spurs family. Things can't be done this way here.

r0drig0lac
11-02-2016, 12:08 PM
Because this is what originally ruined this board- people thinking they are analysts instead of the keyboard, couch potatoes they are and then they just beat it into the ground. And then you have the dipshits that pimp absolutely useless, garbage scraps and think they're NBA players instead of fringe, garbage that has no place in the L, like James White, Gist, et. al. And when they realize they are stupid and have no idea what they're talking about, they just troll.

Thank you for your post, though. It was the truf and a glimmer of light in a dark, dank sewer.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smishocked.gif

Seventyniner
11-02-2016, 12:57 PM

His catch and shoot %'s are already up 4% more than last year in the 3 games he's played, and that number should continue to rise. (from 13.4% frequency to 17.4% frequency thus far) and that's with Anderson/Simmons starting, both guys who aren't spreading the floor.

A beacon in the darkness.

tim_duncan_fan
11-03-2016, 09:17 PM
"My group is competitive".

Kawhi is winding up to either go diva on us or become one of the all time great sports captains.

I'm scared.

He's gonna drop 40 tomorrow night too.

YGWHI
11-03-2016, 10:04 PM
:claw

The NBA's New Terror: Defending Kawhi Leonard

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/11/01/kawhi-leonard-offense-san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich

peacemaker885
11-04-2016, 12:04 AM
Not surprised. Last game was a "teaching" game.

FkLA
11-04-2016, 12:51 AM

:lmao

spurs10
11-04-2016, 01:10 AM
:claw

hooperflash
11-04-2016, 01:43 AM
"My group is competitive".

Kawhi is winding up to either go diva on us or become one of the all time great sports captains.

I'm scared.

He's gonna drop 40 tomorrow night too.

I heard that too at first, but he said "our group".

apalisoc_9
11-04-2016, 01:45 AM
I heard that too at first, but he said "our group".

Any updates on 2k17 ratings? Is kawhi still stuck at 93?

They need to upgrade his passing, playmaking and Midrange..He's the best midrange shooter in the NBA and they're treating him like some bum..

Should be rated 95 now.

hooperflash
11-04-2016, 02:05 AM

They need to upgrade his passing, playmaking and Midrange..He's the best midrange shooter in the NBA and they're treating him like some bum..

Should be rated 95 now.

Still at 93.

JR3
11-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Like a boss!

spursistan
11-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Reporter:

"You'll get this one back on Friday?"

Kawhi:

"For sure."

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17950186

:claw:flag:

Guarankiwid

apalisoc_9
11-04-2016, 10:36 PM

Why isnt this on the News...

timtonymanu
11-04-2016, 10:36 PM

:lmao

hooperflash
11-13-2016, 05:49 AM

Should be rated 95 now.

He's a 95 now.