PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker leading the Spurs in APG...again.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 10:49 AM
When is someone else going to step up and start distributing on this team? How many players have led a team in assists every season of their career?

RD2191
11-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Ho Lee shit! You mean the teams starting PG is leading the team in assist? :wow No way! Someone email ESPN asap!

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Ho Lee shit! You mean the teams starting PG is leading the team in assist? :wow No way! Someone email ESPN asap!
So none? I know Stockton didn't do it, but didn't know if there was actually anyone in NBA history who ever did. Surely there has to be someone else.

RD2191
11-02-2016, 10:59 AM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7508/16060065321_6c0021cba3_b.jpg

Who am I?

Nathan89
11-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Parker sucks. Nobody cares about him leading the team in assists.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:01 AM

Who am I?
So no answer to the question? I know it's a pretty rare feat, but I thought someone might try.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Parker sucks. Nobody cares about him leading the team in assists.
You don't think Pop & RC care that he's the only guy on the team that can pass? You don't think that's why he's still a starter? What's your theory?

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Impressive tbh, especially considering Kawhi has the ball 90% of the time

Clipper Nation
11-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Yes, we're all aware that the French pig cares first and foremost about his stats in the box score and how to pad them. He's still a net negative on the court. His BPM is -4.1 - only Dejounte Murray has a worse BPM and he's only played 10 minutes. Incredibly, the fatass is hurting his team more on offense (-3.5 OBPM) than defense (-0.7 DBPM).

So basically, Porker is pulling a Rondo: padding his assists while not making his teammates better. And vanilla fans like the OP still get suckered in by it. :lol

Nathan89
11-02-2016, 11:16 AM
You don't think Pop & RC care that he's the only guy on the team that can pass? You don't think that's why he's still a starter? What's your theory?

He's still a terrible player. Probably the worst starting pg in the league.

The team doesn't have many options either. Patty isn't even a real pg. He's almost default starter. But he's awful and it's pointless to hype him up over assists when he's a net negative.

RD2191
11-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Yes, we're all aware that the French pig cares first and foremost about his stats in the box score and how to pad them. He's still a net negative on the court. His BPM is -4.1 - only Dejounte Murray has a worse BPM and he's only played 10 minutes. Incredibly, the fatass is hurting his team more on offense (-3.5 OBPM) than defense (-0.7 BPM).

So basically, Porker is pulling a Rondo: padding his assists while not making his teammates better. And vanilla fans like the OP still get suckered in by it. :lol

Gawd damn. Go easy on the forum retards bruh.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Yes, we're all aware that the French pig cares first and foremost about his stats in the box score and how to pad them. He's still a net negative on the court. His BPM is -4.1 - only Dejounte Murray has a worse BPM and he's only played 10 minutes. Incredibly, the fatass is hurting his team more on offense (-3.5 OBPM) than defense (-0.7 DBPM).

Vanilla fans, the OP, Pop, and RC all getting sucked in by Tony's diobolical scheme, which was uncovered by the omniscient and always credible Clipper Nation.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Gawd damn. Go easy on the forum retards bruh.
Says the guy who quotes himself.

RD2191
11-02-2016, 11:36 AM

Who am I?

Answer the question, OP.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Answer the question, OP.
Right after you answer the question in the OP. Or is your answer that no one in NBA history has accomplished it except for Parker?

Clipper Nation
11-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Vanilla fans, the OP, Pop, and RC all getting sucked in by Tony's diobolical scheme, which was uncovered by the omniscient and always credible Clipper Nation.
It's not a "diabolical scheme," it's just Porker padding stats while making a negative impact on his team - something that countless players have done throughout history. If you're this easily impressed with empty stats, you should go post at Lakersground. You'd fit right in with the Kobe fans.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:41 AM
It's not a "diabolical scheme," it's just Porker padding stats while making a negative impact on his team - something that countless players have done throughout history. If you're this easily impressed with empty stats, you should go post at Lakersground. You'd fit right in with the Kobe fans.
Lol, Parker is a statpadder? Hahahaha don't they reserve that for players like CP3 who are stat gods that can't get to the conference finals? Or is it more for FMVPs like Parker who have 4 rings and make the playoffs every year?

Mnky
11-02-2016, 11:45 AM

R.I.P. op

Clipper Nation
11-02-2016, 11:46 AM
Lol, Parker is a statpadder? Hahahaha don't they reserve that for players like CP3 who are stat gods that can't get to the conference finals? Or is it more for FMVPs like Parker who have 4 rings and make the playoffs every year?
They reserve it for players who put up decent-looking raw stats on the box score despite having a negative impact on the court - i.e. Porker this year.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:47 AM
R.I.P. op
I'm still here not caring about advanced stats that show Boban as our best player. Still here with an understanding like coaches in the league that you don't dump the only guy on your team that knows how to pass the ball.

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2016, 11:48 AM
OP shitting on the short bus per par. One of the best posters out here

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:48 AM
They reserve it for players who put up decent-looking raw stats on the box score despite having a negative impact on the court - i.e. Porker this year.
Sounds general enough to continue a bad narrative. Which of his stats were empty in this game?

RD2191
11-02-2016, 11:49 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/JVqeFxl3Qo8/200.gif

OP right now.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 11:52 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/JVqeFxl3Qo8/200.gif

OP right now.
"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -Socrates

Nathan89
11-02-2016, 11:53 AM
OP what starting pgs in the NBA is Tony better than?

lefty
11-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Well duh

Pop yells at him to pass the ball to the ALPHAKawhi, so yeah

Clipper Nation
11-02-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm still here not caring about advanced stats that show Boban as our best player.
There's this thing called "minutes played" that the scorekeepers keep track of that help you keep those stats in context. It's almost as if Boban's advanced stats are skewed by the small sample size of minutes he played compared to the Spurs' core players. Crazy, I know, but you actually have to think for a few extra seconds instead of blurting out the stats with no context.

Still here with an understanding like coaches in the league that you don't dump the only guy on your team that knows how to pass the ball.
If Porker is the only one on the Spurs who knows how to pass the ball, then why has MVPau made almost as many passes as Porker in slightly fewer minutes, despite being a big man? Hell, MVPatty isn't too far behind Porker despite playing significantly fewer minutes.

LVPorker: 49.3 passes per game in 26.6 MPG
MVPau: 41.8 passes per game in 23.6 MPG
MVPatty: 38.2 passes per game in 20.9 MPG

They all make about 2 passes per minute played. :cry "But, but, Porker is the only one who can pass the ball!" :cry

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 12:02 PM
OP what starting pgs in the NBA is Tony better than?
Dragic, Beverly, Williams, Rondo, Rose, Holiday, Dellavedova, Schroeder, Lin, Collison, Bayless, Payton, Russell, & Mudiay. I'd also rather have him than Teague, Jackson, & Walker.

100%duncan
11-02-2016, 12:03 PM

Smh. Niggas who go by raw stats should've died in the 90's.

lefty
11-02-2016, 12:05 PM
OP right now :

https://media.giphy.com/media/ucNUZGkg8GRNu/giphy.gif

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 12:07 PM
There's this thing called "minutes played" that the scorekeepers keep track of that help you keep those stats in context. It's almost as if Boban's advanced stats are skewed by the small sample size of minutes he played compared to the Spurs' core players. Crazy, I know, but you actually have to think for a few extra seconds instead of blurting out the stats with no context.

If Porker is the only one on the Spurs who knows how to pass the ball, then why has MVPau made almost as many passes as Porker in slightly fewer minutes, despite being a big man? Hell, MVPatty isn't too far behind Porker despite playing significantly fewer minutes.

LVPorker: 49.3 passes per game in 26.6 MPG
MVPau: 41.8 passes per game in 23.6 MPG
MVPatty: 38.2 passes per game in 20.9 MPG

They all make about 2 passes per minute played. :cry "But, but, Porker is the only one who can pass the ball!" :cry
So why do you keep using those same stats with no context? Why are you comaring plus/minus stats of a starter playing against Steph Curry to a bench warmer playing against Patrick McCaw?

And yah, of course other players can pass...I'm talking about assists.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 12:08 PM
Smh. Niggas who go by raw stats should've died in the 90's.
Us dummies who think Kawhi was our best player last year (RAW stats) and not Boban (Advanced stats).

Clipper Nation
11-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Sounds general enough to continue a bad narrative. Which of his stats were empty in this game?
His assists, for starters. He was -9 and the Spurs lost, so he clearly wasn't making his teammates better. He also tied with Simmons for the worst DRtg on the team (an atrocious 122), so any positive impact he could have made on offense was cancelled out by how he got fucked and jizzed on defensively.

Snaq O'Meal
11-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Well duh

Pop yells at him to pass the ball to the ALPHAKawhi, so yeah

Even a bench scrub like Simmons was telling him to pass the ball.

https://i.imgbox.com/As9SBTGT.gif

The body language in the pass says it all.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 12:16 PM
His assists, for starters. He was -9 and the Spurs lost, so he clearly wasn't making his teammates better. He also tied with Simmons for the worst DRtg on the team (an atrocious 122), so any positive impact he could have made on offense was cancelled out by how he got fucked and jizzed on defensively.
So you also are saying Kawhi was making his teammates worse too right? Because he was also negative. Manu was -23. How bad was he statpadding.

See this is why advanced stats are garbage. You know who the only "positive" player was? Jonathan Simmons...who was the Spurs worst player on the floor. 1/7.

Clipper Nation
11-02-2016, 12:16 PM
So why do you keep using those same stats with no context? Why are you comaring plus/minus stats of a starter playing against Steph Curry to a bench warmer playing against Patrick McCaw?
I didn't. I pointed out that Porker was making a negative impact on the court and brought up his stats. No comparison necessary.

And yah, of course other players can pass...
That's not what you said. You claimed that Porker was "the only one who knows how to pass," when in reality, he's throwing the same number of passes per minute as his own backup at PG and the starting center are.

I'm talking about assists.
Are you for real? As a Spurs fan who watched the Beautiful Game, you of all people should know that passes aren't the same thing as assists.

SASdynasty!
11-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Lol, you didn't play a lot of basketball growing up, did you?

lefty
11-02-2016, 12:26 PM

:lol
Porker

SupremeGuy
11-02-2016, 02:40 PM

So basically, Porker is pulling a Rondo: padding his assists while not making his teammates better. And vanilla fans like the OP still get suckered in by it. :lolDamn homie. :lol

SD126
11-02-2016, 05:35 PM
So leading the team in APG means???

DarrinS
11-02-2016, 06:28 PM
/TP

tonight...you
11-02-2016, 06:38 PM
He's the tallest midget.

PopTheGOAT
11-02-2016, 08:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NYOGPN6.png
WOW by .2 per game through 5 games when he is the starting POINT GUARD :wow

The only reason Kawhi isn't leading in assists is because he can't pass to himself, TBH

I really don't like to bash TP because he's done a lot for this franchise, but I won't stop until delusional fans come to their senses.

SASdynasty!
11-03-2016, 10:20 AM
That he's doing more than anyone else to help others score. Not sure if you understand what an assist is or not, but that's what it means.

SASdynasty!
11-03-2016, 10:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/NYOGPN6.png
WOW by .2 per game through 5 games when he is the starting POINT GUARD :wow

The only reason Kawhi isn't leading in assists is because he can't pass to himself, TBH

I really don't like to bash TP because he's done a lot for this franchise, but I won't stop until delusional fans come to their senses.
Actually what's really amazing is that Parker has more assists than Kawhi considering this:

USG%:

Kawhi: 32.8
Parker: 13.7

Parker continues to get the team involved more than Kawhi while having the ball in his hands well less than half the time Kawhi does.

PopTheGOAT
11-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Actually what's really amazing is that Parker has more assists than Kawhi considering this:

USG%:

Kawhi: 32.8
Parker: 13.7

Parker continues to get the team involved more than Kawhi while having the ball in his hands well less than half the time Kawhi does.
https://i.imgflip.com/1bbr8l.jpg

Clipper Nation
11-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Since SASdicksucker clearly wants to get shitted on again, here's another fun fact for your ass.

Despite starting, playing more minutes and having a comparable usage rate, Porker is only averaging 0.3 more secondary assists per game than a 39-year-old Manu. You know, the same Manu who Porker's fans rip to shreds and actually have the nerve to whine about his contract.

Porker also has a lower assist-to-pass ratio (8.1) than Manu (9.4) or Kawhi (13.4). So despite all the hype from his fluffers about how Porker is "the best at helping others score," it sure looks like "washed-up" Manu and "Kawhobe" are far more efficient at setting their teammates up. They'd be even better if they could pass to themselves. After all, both Kawhi (23.0) and Manu (17.6) are scoring more points-per-36 than Porker (15.6).

Face it: Porker is padding empty stats on a stacked team while making a negative impact on the court.

DeRozan m8
11-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Op keeps living in the past.

Embrace the new era, champ

SASdynasty!
11-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Since SASdicksucker clearly wants to get shitted on again, here's another fun fact for your ass.

Despite starting, playing more minutes and having a comparable usage rate, Porker is only averaging 0.3 more secondary assists per game than a 39-year-old Manu. You know, the same Manu who Porker's fans rip to shreds and actually have the nerve to whine about his contract.

Porker also has a lower assist-to-pass ratio (8.1) than Manu (9.4) or Kawhi (13.4). So despite all the hype from his fluffers about how Porker is "the best at helping others score," it sure looks like "washed-up" Manu and "Kawhobe" are far more efficient at setting their teammates up. They'd be even better if they could pass to themselves. After all, both Kawhi (23.0) and Manu (17.6) are scoring more points-per-36 than Porker (15.6).

Face it: Porker is padding empty stats on a stacked team while making a negative impact on the court.
Dang so not only does Parker have more assists than Manu, but he has more secondary assists as well? I actually didn't know that...further bolsters the point that Parker leads this team in distribution in pretty much every way you can track it.

SASdynasty!
11-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Parker still leading the team in assists since no one else on the Spurs has the capability of picking up more than 4 assists in a game. 16 years in and no one else on this team can facilitate? Dang, no wonder Pop keeps starting Parker.

Clipper Nation
11-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Parker still leading the team in assists since no one else on the Spurs has the capability of picking up more than 4 assists in a game. 16 years in and no one else on this team can facilitate? Dang, no wonder Pop keeps starting Parker.
With Porker: Spurs lose to Utah by 15 at home
Without Porker: Spurs beat Utah by 14 on the road

Read it and weep, faggot. The Spurs are way better without the fat French cancer and his padded stats. And stop pretending that he's the only player who facilitates when he throws about the same number of passes per minute as MVPau and MVPatty.

Spurtacular
11-05-2016, 06:23 PM

Rondo made his teammates better on offense. He just Kobe'd it on defense.

SASdynasty!
11-05-2016, 08:25 PM
With Porker: Spurs lose to Utah by 15 at home
Without Porker: Spurs beat Utah by 14 on the road

Read it and weep, faggot. The Spurs are way better without the fat French cancer and his padded stats. And stop pretending that he's the only player who facilitates when he throws about the same number of passes per minute as MVPau and MVPatty.
And they're getting dominated by the Clippers without Parker. Read it and weep.

TheGreatYacht
11-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Comeback TP