PDA

View Full Version : Pop will cost us this season

jermaine
11-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Before you'll go crazy on me, hear me out.. With the way Parker struggles, yet Pop always seems to go back to him over Mills.... Bertans has proven he can shoot an do it under pressure.... Yet Pop always rolls out with Dedmon an Lee. I like this lineup but it seems Pop has no plans to find PT for Bertans. I can see Pop just sticking with Lee an Dedmon all season long. Same with Simmons, I like to see Forbes over him. He has a couple good plays every now an then, but Simmons is still trash!!! But Pop will keep riding with him.

tonight...you
11-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Before you'll go crazy on me, hear me out.. With the way Parker struggles, yet Pop always seems to go back to him over Mills.... Bertans has proven he can shoot an do it under pressure.... Yet Pop always rolls out with Dedmon an Lee. I like this lineup but it seems Pop has no plans to find PT for Bertans. I can see Pop just sticking with Lee an Dedmon all season long. Same with Simmons, I like to see Forbes over him. He has a couple good plays every now an then, but Simmons is still trash!!! But Pop will keep riding with him.

I feel you. I certainly looks like Pop may be overly stubborn, yet again, with Parker. And I hate to see Bertans relegated to "filthy rookie status" when that kid is a real player. He's a plus on O and does good things on D also.
That old boy's stroke is just a thing of beauty too. Pop needs to unleash this kid early and often to see what he truly brings to the table and get him reps with the big boys before the playoffs.

He can win a game for this team, given the chance.

r0drig0lac
11-02-2016, 06:15 PM
I agree that Bertans need to play more...and that's it

sasaint
11-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Not just Pop, but PATFO.

Solid D
11-02-2016, 06:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/B7MvWnqCEAEM2Vx.png

Pop always experiments early in the season. Such fatalists.

Spur|n|Austin
11-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Bertans was out with injury last night, we're also 5 games into the season.. Calmate.

dbreiden83080
11-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Lets fire him. Loads of coaches out there far better..

tonight...you
11-02-2016, 07:17 PM
Lets fire him. Loads of coaches out there far better..
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Whoa-Whoa.gif

DeRozan m8
11-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Yeah the Bertans thing is fucked.

He's shown more than Kyle in his few minutes he's played each time.

Its worth getting good experience into him because he has so much potential and we lack a proper back up SF.

FFS Pop

dbreiden83080
11-02-2016, 07:19 PM
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Whoa-Whoa.gif

https://i.imgur.com/H183gQq.gif

Mikeanaro
11-02-2016, 07:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video_thumb/B7MvWnqCEAEM2Vx.png

Pop always experiments early in the season. Such fatalists.

Im not a fatalist but letīs be honest he did experiments vs OKC in the playoffs too.

Dex
11-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Pop and Tim brought us 5 rings, so you'll have to forgive me if I'll trust his opinion more than some armchair coach on the internet.

PopTheGOAT
11-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Pop and Tim brought us 5 rings, so you'll have to forgive me if I'll trust his opinion more than some armchair coach on the internet. This. And the fact that I completely disagree with almost everything OP said

lil'mo
11-02-2016, 07:37 PM
That nigga dumpsta juice!

Solid D
11-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Im not a fatalist but letīs be honest he did experiments vs OKC in the playoffs too.

Once OKC figured out that Adams, Kanter, and Waiters on the floor at the same time was toxic to the Spurs, the Spurs had no answer for it...especially against the best offensive rebounding team in the NBA. They grabbed 45% of their own missed shots vs. the Spurs.

alpha_HaZE
11-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Once OKC figured out that Adams, Kanter, and Waiters on the floor at the same time was toxic to the Spurs, the Spurs had no answer for it...especially against the best offensive rebounding team in the NBA. They grabbed 45% of their own missed shots vs. the Spurs.

Ha, not only that but 9 out 10 ten times we win game 2. It was one of those series that after the first game where every-single-thing went our way, we couldn't catch a break.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Jermaine once again comes correct.

Pop cost us in 04, 08, 15, and 16 also tbh

He reeks of dumpster garbage

tonight...you
11-02-2016, 07:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/H183gQq.gif

Lol, I just thought it was a great opportunity to break that gif out. You one-upped me, good sir.

jermaine
11-02-2016, 07:57 PM
That nigga dumpsta juice!

Oooh nicca! Watch son! You booty juice boy!

TheDoctor
11-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Bertans was injured. Amused fucked him up with his game thread :wakeup

bklynspursfan
11-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Hasn't Patty closed more games than TP anyway? I seem to remember (in this super small sample size of a season) Patty playing when it mattered most vs TP, with the exception of last night

MaNu4Tres
11-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Pop is one of the greatest X and O coaches of all time. And I respect him... However...

He's been stubborn to a fault when it comes to implementing the best personnel that gives his guys the best chance to win in the playoffs.

Here's some examples

He blew it in 06' going away from Nazr in the Mavs series.

He blew it in 08', going with Finley and Bonner over Bruce and Kurt Thomas.

He blew it in 09', going with Vaughn, Finley, and Bonner over Hill, Bowen & Gooden.

He blew it in 11' and 12' holding Splitter back because it wasn't fair to Bonner and Blair. Not to mention sitting Green after a rough two games vs. OKC in 12'. He sat Green and Splitter most of that series.

I can go on.

He got outcoached in 15' vs. Doc and again in 16' vs. Donovan.

hater
11-02-2016, 08:10 PM
terrible thread. we don't trot out LMAlpha and Kawhi if not for Pop

we probably trot out EwiPowie and one legged Vagina Splitter

SAGirl
11-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Not Pop but there are old guys in the backcourt that have fallen off a lot already and this season they might face The Cliff. Both Tony and Manu look to be standing right at the edge if the cliff. Young players that the team thought could assume a bigger burden look to not be able to do that. Simmons has looked improved from last season but it might still be uncertain how much. Inconsistency is going to be part of his development.

Lee and Dedmon spacing issues with the bench still have the potential to show up against goo d defenses when the game stays in the half court.

The team's defense is currently the 6th best, declined from last season, and they haven faced a lot of elite team's... They may improve when Danny comes back to cover for Tony but Pau is easy to attack. They have their issues, but the same way the team never overcame Timmy's good knee going south, they may not overcome Tony and Manu falling off the Cliff this season.

It's early and overreaction common. Team looked great against GSW to open the season, but it's,probably super important that they get their guys who are slumping going. They nay indeed do trades but the guys with contracts that can fetch help are not on the market. It doesn't look good if these guys,don't improve or PATFO doesn't make a move

GSH
11-02-2016, 08:34 PM
The Spurs have the best record of any team in any major sport in the last... 20 years or so? The team lost one game in November. And we're making threads that Pop is going to cost the season? And having follow-up discussion?

For the record, he experimented in the '14 playoffs, and that got the team a Championship that they probably wouldn't have won any other way. And any one of you who think you can do better can go interview for the job.

MaNu4Tres
11-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Apparently if we think he got out-coached it means we think we can do a better job.

Makes sense.

Let me guess, if we criticize Parker then that means we think we can do a better job than him too?

You can respect a coach and still criticize and disagree with decisions the man makes.

Sorry not all of us are Pop yes-men like the guys over at SAEN.

jermaine
11-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Right.... I know Pop is a great coach, but we all know he's stubborn an he'll die finishing with Parker in important GMs, he's gonna stick with Lee & Dedmon, an he's gonna keep going with Simmons instead of giving Forbes a shot just cuz he's a rookie.... We all know Pop an what he'll do!

GSH
11-02-2016, 09:14 PM
Apparently if we think he got out-coached it means we think we can do a better job.

Makes sense.

Let me guess, if we criticize Parker then that means we think we can do a better job than him too?

You can respect a coach and still criticize and disagree with decisions the man makes.

Sorry not all of us are Pop yes-men like the guys over at SAEN.

People bitch about the fact that Parker is on the team, without any consideration for the fact that there is a salary cap, or that most of the better PG's are under contract somewhere else. We've got people suggesting that we trade Parker for Davis, for fuck's sake, just because the salaries match. So why not bitch at Pop for not trading Parker for Curry and Pachulia? Those salaries match.

So maybe... maybe Pop is influenced by the past with Parker. But that only goes so far. He's not a complete fucking moron. These comments that a bunch of casual, limp-dick armchair fans are seeing something so obvious, and Pop can't see it at all? Sorry if I question that. The guy is trying to put together a lineup, top to bottom. He's got the players he's got.

I don't know what the fuck the guy is thinking sometimes. I already said that I wish he had put Lap or even Forbes into that Utah game. But this horseshit that Pop cost every Championship that they didn't win in the Duncan era is, well, horseshit.

Mikeanaro
11-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Yeah I agree but then again Pop ruined our series vs the Clips the year before that, using weird lineups and not using Patty and Belli when they were burning lava, Pops tends to be stubborn and seems to enjoy it.

SpursforSix
11-02-2016, 09:59 PM
Can we trade Parker and Pop for Rick Carslile? Then the Mavs cut Pop an we can move him to strictly Front Office?

SpursforSix
11-02-2016, 10:01 PM
People bitch about the fact that Parker is on the team, without any consideration for the fact that there is a salary cap, or that most of the better PG's are under contract somewhere else. We've got people suggesting that we trade Parker for Davis, for fuck's sake, just because the salaries match. So why not bitch at Pop for not trading Parker for Curry and Pachulia? Those salaries match.

So maybe... maybe Pop is influenced by the past with Parker. But that only goes so far. He's not a complete fucking moron. These comments that a bunch of casual, limp-dick armchair fans are seeing something so obvious, and Pop can't see it at all? Sorry if I question that. The guy is trying to put together a lineup, top to bottom. He's got the players he's got.

I don't know what the fuck the guy is thinking sometimes. I already said that I wish he had put Lap or even Forbes into that Utah game. But this horseshit that Pop cost every Championship that they didn't win in the Duncan era is, well, horseshit.

I like your thinking Magoo. Would Pachulia start over Mills? Or come off the bench as an energy PG?

tholdren
11-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Dont care about the regular season as long as Spurs are top 8 in the West. I do care about the insanity with pop and his blind loyalty in the playoffs tagged with his inability to adjust. I can see Parker - Pau - Fathead - Manu all getting playing time at then end even when they don't deserve it during the game. Parker and the other 2 are annoying. Dont care about Manu - always lived and died by manu. Would rather Spurs not signed Pau. Here comes the scoring version of MCDyess in the playoffs....

GSH
11-02-2016, 10:06 PM
I like your thinking Magoo. Would Pachulia start over Mills? Or come off the bench as an energy PG?

LMAO!! A point-center. You know... it's so crazy, it just might work. I'm surprised no one has suggested it yet. Really.

tonight...you
11-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Dont care about the regular season as long as Spurs are top 8 in the West. I do care about the insanity with pop and his blind loyalty in the playoffs tagged with his inability to adjust. I can see Parker - Pau - Fathead - Manu all getting playing time at then end even when they don't deserve it during the game. Parker and the other 2 are annoying. Dont care about Manu - always lived and died by manu. Would rather Spurs not signed Pau. Here comes the scoring version of MCDyess in the playoffs....
Hi tholdren. Have I told you lately, that I love you?

jermaine
11-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Pop has to read Spurstalk.... An he read my post, cuz I'm eating crow right now.... Not only Is Bertans playing major mins, Parker didn't even play tonight. I guess I was super wrong about the old man.