PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker not playing tomorrow

JohnnyMax
11-03-2016, 04:06 PM

Thunder1
11-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Hopefully this means Laprovittola will get some meaningful minutes Friday night..

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Oh, out w/ a sore asshole?

TheyCallMePro
11-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Whenever Tony or Aldridge sit out, it's a good thing. Those two are slow and don't move the ball at all. Completely useless. And were paying them 20 million and 15 million a year a piece. It's just absurd.

Parker out is an auto-win at this point. Can't remember the last time we lost with him out. I remember we were down 7 at halftime at OKC in game 6 of the WCF in 2014. And no surprise Parker was playing just horrible. I knew the only way we would win was if Pop "rested" Parker for a potential game 7 at home and played Patty in the second half. He did exactly that, Patty was amazing, and we came back and closed the Thunder out in OT at home.

Make no mistake. Pop does this on purpose. You'll see Aldridge and Parker 'rest' the most throughout the season. Especially after we lose a game or they play poorly. Aldridge will be traded before season's end, guaranteed. And Parker....will just be resting a lot.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Whenever Tony or Aldridge sit out, it's a good thing. Those two are slow and don't move the ball at all. Completely useless. And were paying them 20 million and 15 million a year a piece. It's just absurd.

Parker out is an auto-win at this point. Can't remember the last time we lost with him out. I remember we were down 7 at halftime at OKC in game 6 of the WCF in 2014. And no surprise Parker was playing just horrible. I knew the only way we would win was if Pop "rested" Parker for a potential game 7 at home and played Patty in the second half. He did exactly that, Patty was amazing, and we came back and closed the Thunder out in OT at home.

Make no mistake. Pop does this on purpose. You'll see Aldridge and Parker 'rest' the most throughout the season. Especially after we lose a game or they play poorly. Aldridge will be traded before season's end, guaranteed. And Parker....will just be resting a lot.

Really? You have an amazingly clear crystal ball. Without any precedent in Spurs' history, I do not see that happening - as much as some might like to see it. Eh... No.

K...
11-03-2016, 04:28 PM

Let the professionals do the Parker hate, you are a bit too reckless

spurs10
11-03-2016, 04:31 PM

Really? You have an amazingly clear crystal ball. Without any precedent in Spurs' history, I do not see that happening - as much as some might like to see it. Eh... No. This! :toast

gambit1990
11-03-2016, 04:31 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1510.gif

TheyCallMePro
11-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Absolutely it will happen when you have Dedmon and Lee playing so much better than Aldridge. And then you hear the murmurs out of Aldridge's camp about not being happy about his role with the team.

And you have Pop leaving in Aldridge longer than every other starter except Kawhi, trying to appease him -- and he's getting tired of it. He just doesn't fit. He's one of the biggest reasons the starting unit struggles to score and move the ball. He's a big, slow, jump-shooting 30 year old big man. He doesn't fit well within the offense, the only way to get him going is to repeatedly feed him shots. It's no good -- I have absolutely no doubt he'll be traded this season.

Joseph Kony
11-03-2016, 04:41 PM

you are an idiot

sasaint
11-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Absolutely it will happen when you have Dedmon and Lee playing so much better than Aldridge. And then you hear the murmurs out of Aldridge's camp about not being happy about his role with the team.

And you have Pop leaving in Aldridge longer than every other starter except Kawhi, trying to appease him -- and he's getting tired of it. He just doesn't fit. He's one of the biggest reasons the starting unit struggles to score and move the ball. He's a big, slow, jump-shooting 30 year old big man. He doesn't fit well within the offense, the only way to get him going is to repeatedly feed him shots. It's no good -- I have absolutely no doubt he'll be traded this season.

While some of us weren't elated by the LMA signing, and I personally pretty much agree with your assessment of LMA as a player, it just won't happen. I am not certain your reading of all the smoke signals is that accurate, tbh. How long have you been following the Spurs?

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2016, 04:51 PM
So the Spurs will be able to put a better team on the floor tomorrow? I'm good with that.

Speaking of Aldridge. I also think he'll be traded this year. I have my own reasons to believe so. A conversation I had today validated my opinion even more.

SASdynasty!
11-03-2016, 04:52 PM

And to think in that OKC series we only won 3 other games with Parker in...and it didn't take overtime to do it.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 04:53 PM
So the Spurs will be able to put a better team on the floor tomorrow? I'm good with that.

Speaking of Aldridge. I also think he'll be traded this year. I have my own reasons to believe so. A conversation I had today validated my opinion even more.

Okay, I'll bite. I can't help myself. A conversation with whom - and a few details?

dabom
11-03-2016, 04:56 PM

Send me a pm. It interests me.

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2016, 05:01 PM
TheyCallMePro getting bukkake'd :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-03-2016, 05:02 PM
You spoke with someone at the highly-regarded San Antonio Express News? :lol

SAGirl
11-03-2016, 05:05 PM

Speaking of Aldridge. I also think he'll be traded this year. I have my own reasons to believe so. A conversation I had today validated my opinion even more.Please share... I am reluctant to believe bc it doesn't go with the Spurs past actions.. besides he's far from the worse player in the team, but they could be disappointed. I can see both sides of the conversation on this one.

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2016, 05:08 PM
You spoke with someone at the highly-regarded San Antonio Express News? :lol

Example on why I never like to divulge info. Idiots like this guy -- someone who contributes nothing but garbage to the site.

To answer your question, no.

Just let the season play out. Forget what I said.

rjv
11-03-2016, 05:17 PM
i guess that explains why murray was recalled from the d-league. we'll see how mills can do.

apalisoc_9
11-03-2016, 05:18 PM
Example on why I never like to divulge info. Idiots like this guy -- someone who contributes nothing but garbage to the site.

I'm pretty confident Aldridge is as good as gone but I'm not sure if its this year or the next..I think he finishes the season this year and gets traded before the next season starts.

Only Problem I have is that I can't figure out a trade partner for this season that is at Worst a lateral move..Every Possible scenario I can think of is the spurs getting worse and for a team looking to contend this year, that's a bad thing.

He won't get traded, but only because PATFO can't find a decent move...I'm positive they're trying to get him out of San Antonio.

apalisoc_9
11-03-2016, 05:22 PM
If for some reason ATL is at least 95% sure Millsap opts out of his contract, Aldridge extra year should entice Atlanta to make a deal...

It's a good risk. PATFO is probably looking at a big FA next year so if Millsap decides to opt out...That's Jackpot.

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2016, 05:23 PM
I'm pretty confident Aldridge is as good as gone but I'm not sure if its this year or the next..I think he finishes the season this year and gets traded before the next season starts.

Only Problem I have is that I can't figure out a trade partner for this season that is at Worst a lateral move..Every Possible scenario I can think of is the spurs getting worse and for a team looking to contend this year, that's a bad thing.

He won't get traded, but only because PATFO can't find a decent move...I'm positive they're trying to get him out of San Antonio.

I think there's realistic scenarios out there where Spurs can still be just as good this year and set themselves up nicely for the future too. They can't wait til next year though, if they wait til next year, teams will low ball them because he'll essentially be a one year rental before he inevitably opts out for the new max that should be 30+ mil per year.

RD2191
11-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Lol. here comes the but he was "injured" excuses :lol

apalisoc_9
11-03-2016, 05:25 PM
I think there's realistic scenarios out there where Spurs can still be just as good this year and set themselves up nicely for the future too. They can't wait til next year though, if they wait til next year, teams will low ball them because he'll essentially be a one year rental before he inevitably opts out for the new max that should be 30+ mil per year.

Millsap?

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Millsap?

No. It would probably be a three team deal. LaMarcus is high maintenance and picky.

MultiTroll
11-03-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Aldridge will either get traded or stay with the team.

Nathan89
11-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Spurs definitely shouldn't be the team that pays lma his next obscene contract. Not sure if I want to pay millsap either.

gambit1990
11-03-2016, 05:36 PM
who starts with patty?

i hope it's simmons. simmons had to start with parker the last game so i'm sure he'll look better tomorrow in the SL.

DPG21920
11-03-2016, 05:52 PM
So if the Spurs lose then people like gambit will be here eating crow, right?

spursistan
11-03-2016, 05:59 PM

IMO, If they don't make the Conference Finals especially by losing to the Clippers again (double whammy being no Chris Paul to SA); I think they will move him and expedite building around Kawhi.

Would you do an LMA for Cousins swap? I honestly would with all the baggage Boogie comes with..He is probably the only other attainable star on the same timeline with Kawhi (also they seem to be buddy buddy :wow)..

I don't like Suns assets package, but i might just bite on Celtics' if it is something like Amir Johnson + Avery Bradley + Nets pick..

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2016, 06:01 PM
IMO, If they don't make the Conference Finals especially by losing to the Clippers again (double whammy being no Chris Paul to SA); I think they will move him and expedite building around Kawhi.

Would you do an LMA for Cousins swap? I honestly would with all the baggage Boggie comes with..He is probably the only other attainable star on the same timeline with Kawhi (also they seem to be buddy buddy :wow)..

I don't like Suns asset package, but i might just bite on Celtics' if it is something like Amir Johnson + Avery Bradley + Nets pick..

If Spurs wait til next summer, they'll get low ball offers all the way up til the trade deadline when he'll be a half year rental for most teams because LA is high maintenance. He'll probably only agree to sign extension to 1 or 2 teams. And then those two teams will have leverage vs. the Spurs in negotiations because of common sense. If they feel the need to trade him at all, then they need to trade him this year.

TD 21
11-03-2016, 06:03 PM

Would you do an LMA for Cousins swap? I honestly would with all the baggage Boggie comes with..He is probably the only other attainable star on the same timeline with Kawhi (also they seem to be buddy buddy :wow)..

I don't like Suns assets package, but i might just bite on Celtics' if it is something like Amir Johnson + Avery Bradley + Nets pick..

The Kings won't move Cousins unless he conveys that he wants out first. Even then, desperate as they are to win now, even they would have to be smart enough to realize that Aldridge would be unhappy, opt out after year 3 and leave.

The only chance of this would be to bring in the Suns, whereby they'd get Aldridge and the Kings would get an assortment of assets from them (something like Bender, Knight and 2 1sts).

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 06:04 PM

Considering the Pelicans are desperate for anyone who can put the ball in the basket, what about trading Softridge to the Pelicans for Jrue (they have a gazillion ball handlers::lol) & a 1st rd pick (loot them like the Nets) then getting a trade exception which can be used on Tyson Chandler by swapping him for Fat Head? (Patty would have to be moved for a backup wing such as Ben McLemore)

I know Chandler has 2 years too many on his contract but considering Dedmon might be pried away next summer where there will be a dearth of unrestricted shot blockers, Chandler could come in handy as a stop gap like Pau. In any case, Pau/Porker are going to be around for another year so the youth movement won't begin until 2018 where Chandler will be in his final year & the Spurs could stretch his contract if he's cooked then reload w/ the Pelicans lotto pick.:toast

As far as the starting line-up, Chandler can run PnRs w/ Jrue while Kawhi runs PnP w/ Pau, Danny being the designated floorspacer. The bench crew would be Porker/Manu reuniting in the backcourt for one last hurray & Dedmon manning the middle with Lee/Bertans rotation at the 4 & Simmons/McLemore? on the wing.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 06:05 PM
If Spurs wait til next summer, they'll get low ball offers all the way up til the trade deadline when he'll be a half year rental for most teams because LA is high maintenance. He'll probably only agree to sign extension to 1 or 2 teams. And then those two teams will have leverage vs. the Spurs in negotiations because of common sense. If they feel the need to trade him at all, then they need to trade him this year.

I think your logic is impeccable, however, knowing the Spurs' history, I would be shocked to see the Spurs move LMA in-season.

FkLA
11-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Wouldn't shock me if this is another fake injury excuse to cover up his shit play. He sat out like a month with a sore ass when his decline became really noticeable a couple of years ago.. Not to mention all the times he leaves during the game when he isnt playing well (i.e. game 6 vs Thunder in '14).

Thats another thing he has in common with Kirby. Being so insecure that they have to blame their shit play on some minor, made up injury.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Considering the Pelicans are desperate for anyone who can put the ball in the basket, what about trading Softridge to the Pelicans for Jrue (they have a gazillion ball handlers::lol) & a 1st rd pick (loot them like the Nets) then getting a trade exception which can be used on Tyson Chandler by swapping him for Fat Head? (Patty would have to be moved for a backup wing such as Ben McLemore)

I know Chandler has 2 years too many on his contract but considering Dedmon might be pried away next summer where there will be a dearth of unrestricted shot blockers, Chandler could come in handy as a stop gap like Pau. In any case, Pau/Porker are going to be around for another year so the youth movement won't begin until 2018 where Chandler will be in his final year & the Spurs could stretch his contract if he's cooked then reload w/ the Pelicans lotto pick.:toast

As far as the starting line-up, Chandler can run PnRs w/ Jrue while Kawhi runs PnP w/ Pau, Danny being the designated floorspacer. The bench crew would be Porker/Manu reuniting in the backcourt for one last hurray & Dedmon manning the middle with Lee/Bertans rotation at the 4 & Simmons/McLemore? on the wing.

I like Jrue a lot, but your scenario would result in more player movement than the Spurs see in a decade. Knowing how the team operates, I just don't see it.

Em-City
11-03-2016, 06:12 PM

Is that you Jackie?

sasaint
11-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Is that you Jackie?

:lmao

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Is that you Jackie?

Lol not quite.

Good one though. :lol

r0drig0lac
11-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Let the professionals do the Parker hate, you are a bit too reckless

11-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Hope all these "injuries" are a cover to gracefully move Parker to the bench. Or even better, setting him up to gracefully retire this season. Hard to imagine that Parker is still owed $15.4 million next season.

K...
11-03-2016, 06:36 PM
This Manu4tres bit sucks. There's no rational reason to trade LMA. AS bad as you make it out, he's much better than the realistic trade value unless the spurs want to blow it up. If the warriors start to slay then maybe we start to talk, but given last years success, Making a drastic move is not the sign of the conservative FO we have seen.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 06:38 PM
I like Jrue a lot, but your scenario would result in more player movement than the Spurs see in a decade. Knowing how the team operates, I just don't see it.

Spurs traded for Dick Jefferson by moving THREE players: Bowen/Oberto/Kurt Thomas

Acquiring Jrue/McLemore/Chandler would only require moving THREE players: Softridge/Patty/F:lolt Head

If you're talking about mid-season, Diaw/Jackson/Patty were ALL acquired at the trade deadline in 2012 (March)

If Softridge gets moved by December, Jrue can be eased into the playbook since master Porker is on the roster & Chandler is a wily vet who anchored a championship defense in his first season w/ the Mavs. McLemore would probably not play much in the postseason unless he outplays Simmons.

tmtcsc
11-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Interesting move. I doubt anyone would have even noticed.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Spurs traded for Dick Jefferson by moving THREE players: Bowen/Oberto/Kurt Thomas

Acquiring Jrue/McLemore/Chandler would only require moving THREE players: Softridge/Patty/F:lolt Head

If you're talking about mid-season, Diaw/Jackson/Patty were ALL acquired at the trade deadline in 2012.

Those are the exceptions not the rule - and none of the pieces the Spurs moved were of the stature of LMA. I would just be surprised, that's all. I expect the Spurs have some buyer's remorse, but to maintain the status quo.

Leetonidas
11-03-2016, 06:45 PM
I dont get all hate for Aldridge on this board and people calling him high maintenance...just parroting shit on the net tbh. Because he really hasn't complained at all here and his first season here was a franchise win record. He's on record last year saying this is kawhis team and he's here to help him. Never seen him once actually cause a stir except for the stupid Celtics writer rumor the other week. He's not the best player out there but he's a solid #2 and idk why any spurs fan could hate on him

Leetonidas
11-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Not only that but when you take into account scrubs like mike Conley and derozan are getting 30 million a season his deal is pretty reasonable

Clipper Nation
11-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Wouldn't shock me if this is another fake injury excuse to cover up his shit play. He sat out like a month with a sore ass when his decline became really noticeable a couple of years ago.. Not to mention all the times he leaves during the game when he isnt playing well (i.e. game 6 vs Thunder in '14).

Thats another thing he has in common with Kirby. Being so insecure that they have to blame their shit play on some minor, made up injury.
http://i.imgur.com/WKze7MH.jpg

apalisoc_9
11-03-2016, 07:29 PM

Nice :lol

Mugen
11-03-2016, 07:34 PM

RD2191
11-03-2016, 07:40 PM

:wow

apalisoc_9
11-03-2016, 07:48 PM

If you're talking about mid-season, Diaw/Jackson/Patty were ALL acquired at the trade deadline in 2012 (March)

If Softridge gets moved by December, Jrue can be eased into the playbook since master Porker is on the roster & Chandler is a wily vet who anchored a championship defense in his first season w/ the Mavs. McLemore would probably not play much in the postseason unless he outplays Simmons.

Jrue better be a willing scorer though because if we're getting rid of Diva, we only have Kawhi as a legit option..Unless Pau starts playing more aggressive with diva out.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Those are the exceptions not the rule - and none of the pieces the Spurs moved were of the stature of LMA. I would just be surprised, that's all. I expect the Spurs have some buyer's remorse, but to maintain the status quo.

Pau's best asset is by far his offense but he's being limited to 8 shots when he's playing w/ Softridge. PATFO knew this would be the case when they signed Pau so the move might have been done as a chess move if they were planning on moving Softridge all-along. Teams that will give up the most assets are desperate teams fighting for their playoffs lives which wouldn't be the case had they made the move in the off-season.

Dedmon's emergence & Porker's steep decline is only going to necessitate that such a move be made; Pau doesn't seem too excited about getting limited touches either.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Jrue better be a willing scorer though because if we're getting rid of Diva, we only have Kawhi as a legit option..Unless Pau starts playing more aggressive with diva out.

Pau can shoot mid-range shots & 3s better than LMA, he also already has a nice chemistry w/ Kawhi. Posting up Pau when you have Chandler camping in the paint wouldn't be a great idea but he can postup if he's playing center in a small-ball line-up where Kawhi could be playing the 4 such as against the Cavs or Duds.

Jrue is really good w/ PnRs, Chandler would be getting lobs like DeAndre w/ Pau/Kawhi/Danny stretching the defense. Lee would also benefit w/ Jrue's presence.........if only Dedmon had hands::wow

Jrue also played w/ Iggy when they were both All-Star caliber players so he's used to playing off the ball alongside a point-forward.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Pau's best asset is by far his offense but he's being limited to 8 shots when he's playing w/ Softridge. PATFO knew this would be the case when they signed Pau so the move might have been done as a chess move if they were planning on moving Softridge all-along. Teams that will give up the most assets are desperate teams fighting for their playoffs lives which wouldn't be the case had they made the move in the off-season.

Dedmon's emergence & Porker's steep decline is only going to necessitate that such a move be made; Pau doesn't seem too excited about getting limited touches either.

I appreciate your logic, but I reserve judgment about Deadman's "emergence." :lol Pretty small sample size to put too much stock in Deadman yet - even though he 's my designated X-factor. I must admit, though, his agility and nose for rebounding impress me more and more. :tu

The bottom line for me is this: PATFO are historically very conservative. So, in the new post-Duncan world how much will they be able/willing to change their stripes? I don't know, but I doubt very much. Sometimes people as well as organizations are simply too rigid to make moves even when they are in their best interests.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 08:37 PM
The bottom line for me is this: PATFO are historically very conservative. So, in the new post-Duncan world how much will they be able/willing to change their stripes? I don't know, but I doubt very much. Sometimes people as well as organizations are simply too rigid to make moves even when they are in their best interests.

It's just a matter of moving Softridge who hasn't exactly established himself w/ the organization. Patty is going to be gone at the end of the season & F:lolt Head is a scrub. If there was a time to bring in a guy like Jrue then it's now while Evita/Enrique can help ease the process. Chandler should be fine as a defensive minded center if Dedmon can figure it out in two months.

objective
11-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Another game missed with nebulous knee pain.

I can almost smell the microfracture.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 08:51 PM
It's just a matter of moving Softridge who hasn't exactly established himself w/ the organization. Patty is going to be gone at the end of the season & F:lolt Head is a scrub. If there was a time to bring in a guy like Jrue then it's now while Evita/Enrique can help ease the process. Chandler should be fine as a defensive minded center if Dedmon can figure it out in two months.

I'm all in, my friend - but I'm not PATFO. :lol But for the sake of our conversation, shall we consider another angle that a lot of folks here (if not PATFO) will be concerned about? It is really a 2-parter with regard to LMA. Would moving LMA this quickly undermine the Spurs' reputation for loyalty, and also would it undermine San Antonio as a potential destination for future "big-name" FAs? Plenty of folks here on ST think that signing LMA gave the Spurs a lot of cachet they never had before. Do you think so, and if so, would the Spurs take a real black-eye?

coachmac87
11-03-2016, 09:01 PM
It's obviously not a good sign for his health..team has played 5 games and he's already missed 2. He needs to sit for a long period of time and get his knee right...none of this 2 games on one game off BS..really messes with chemistry and it's obvious Spurs have been better without him so far this season.

This better not be "rest" either..it's too early for that

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 09:05 PM
I'm all in, my friend - but I'm not PATFO. :lol But for the sake of our conversation, shall we consider another angle that a lot of folks here (if not PATFO) will be concerned about? It is really a 2-parter with regard to LMA. Would moving LMA this quickly undermine the Spurs' reputation for loyalty, and also would it undermine San Antonio as a potential destination for future "big-name" FAs? Plenty of folks here on ST think that signing LMA gave the Spurs a lot of cachet they never had before. Do you think so, and if so, would the Spurs take a real black-eye?

The agents have the most influence on the players, if Softridge is asking for a trade & PATFO don't grant him his wish then his agent isn't going to do business w/ PATFO.

Softridge himself doesn't have much gravitas around the league & the Spurs haven't mistreated him, he's just being a diva who refuses to play center. The Bulls amnestied Boozer but that didn't stop Pau from signing up.

In any case, if the PATFO can land Jrue then they would have a core of Kawhi/Jrue/Danny to build upon. Considering the league going all-in on small-ball it won't be hard to find a guy like Brook Lopez to replace Pau so the only missing piece would be a 4 whom they could draft or they could possibly go after Blake in 2018 when Porker's contract comes off the books.

Under the scenario that I stated throughout this thread, Jrue would be re-signed essentially taking up Manu's slot in the cap space. In 2018, Brook Lopez/Blake would be slotted into the Pau/Porker/Chandler(salary dump or stretch) slot in the cap space. Danny could decline his player's option & become a free-agent in 2018 but they can use his cap hold to re-sign him.

Kawhi can opt-out & be re-signed to a "Super Max" in 2019 after the Spurs championship season ala LeBron::toast

So, 2018-19 aka Kawhi's PEAK season::lol

Lopez (Age: 30)
Blake (Age: 29)
Kawhi (Age: 27)
Danny (Age: 31)
Jrue (Age: 28)

Bench:
-Murray (6th Man)
-Bertans
-McLemore
-Pelican's lotto pick (PF/C)

:lobt2:

ElNono
11-03-2016, 09:07 PM

SpursforSix
11-03-2016, 09:08 PM

Would you do an LMA for Cousins swap? I honestly would with all the baggage Boogie comes with..He is probably the only other attainable star on the same timeline with Kawhi (also they seem to be buddy buddy :wow)..

LMA for Cousins? In a heartbeat.

sasaint
11-03-2016, 09:10 PM
The agents have the most influence on the players, if Softridge is asking for a trade & PATFO don't give him his wish then his agent isn't going to do business w/ PATFO.

Softridge himself doesn't have much gravitas around the league & the Spurs haven't mistreated him, he's just being a diva who refuses to play center. The Bulls amnestied Boozer but that didn't stop Pau from signing up.

That's kind of my belief. Do you place any credence in the rumors about LMA's wanting out? Or was that Ainge jockeying for trade leverage?

sasaint
11-03-2016, 09:15 PM
LMA for Cousins? In a heartbeat.

You bet! Cousins is too much of a beast to pass on. Surrounded by the Spurs' organization (especially with Timmy still around) and with a good relationship with Kawhi, I would have to gamble that he could straighten up and fly right. Fantasy League stuff unfortunately.

tholdren
11-03-2016, 09:27 PM

jump shooting centers/pfs scared to bang and can't rebound = new nba. he's great at what he does... blame the wimpy stuff on society. I bet LMA votes hillary

SpursforSix
11-03-2016, 09:34 PM
You bet! Cousins is too much of a beast to pass on. Surrounded by the Spurs' organization (especially with Timmy still around) and with a good relationship with Kawhi, I would have to gamble that he could straighten up and fly right. Fantasy League stuff unfortunately.

It'll never happen but he'd be fine with the Spurs. And honestly, they need some of that nastiness. Time to move on from the Duncan era. As painful as that is.

Keepin' it real
11-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Trying to figure out how a TP not playing tomorrow thread turned into a shared prognostication of LMA getting traded...

sasaint
11-03-2016, 09:45 PM
It'll never happen but he'd be fine with the Spurs. And honestly, they need some of that nastiness. Time to move on from the Duncan era. As painful as that is.

"Give me some nasty!" - :pop:

GSH
11-03-2016, 09:45 PM

No, because Tony's presence still brings everyone down. He has to be TRADED before his bad mojo leaves the team. Unless the Spurs win... and then it will be because he didn't play.

Don't you know anything about basketball?

HarlemHeat37
11-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Man, a lot of you niggas need to accept that Parker isn't going anywhere, tbh:lol..all this hoping and praying for a trade or Pop benching him is pointless, it's never going to happen..I accepted it a long time ago, acceptance makes it much easier to follow the team, tbh..

The best you can do is cherish the "resting" games..

sasaint
11-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Trying to figure out how a TP not playing tomorrow thread turned into a shared prognostication of LMA getting traded...

I am happy to move the discussion to another thread. Didn't intend to hijack this one, but it seems pretty well petered out, tbh.

YGWHI
11-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Interesting move. I doubt anyone would have even noticed.

Love this subtle

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 09:57 PM
That's kind of my belief. Do you place any credence in the rumors about LMA's wanting out? Or was that Ainge jockeying for trade leverage?

Softridge agents probably didn't like the Pau signing b/c he isn't going to do the dirty work & is going to take touches away for him unlike Timmay. He most likely see Pau as a competition rather than a complimentary piece.

gospursgojas
11-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Trade Parker for Lebron, Anthony Davis, and Curry tbh, imho, fwiw.

Do it RC!

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Man, a lot of you niggas need to accept that Parker isn't going anywhere, tbh:lol..all this hoping and praying for a trade or Pop benching him is pointless, it's never going to happen..I accepted it a long time ago, acceptance makes it much easier to follow the team, tbh..

The best you can do is cherish the "resting" games..

The scenario I presented doesn't involve moving Porker but rather Patty/Softridge. I'm not even sure anybody would touch him unless they dump his salary on the Sixers/Kings or maybe exchange him for Rubio since the Wolves need some "guidance".

sasaint
11-03-2016, 10:07 PM
The scenario I presented doesn't involve moving Porker but rather Patty/Softridge. I'm not even sure anybody would touch him unless they dump his salary on the Sixers/Kings or maybe exchange him for Rubio since the Wolves need some "guidance".

Yep. The Parker ship has sailed. He is ours until the end now.

SpursforSix
11-03-2016, 10:19 PM
No, because Tony's presence still brings everyone down. He has to be TRADED before his bad mojo leaves the team. Unless the Spurs win... and then it will be because he didn't play.

Don't you know anything about basketball?

I think you're being sarcastic?
But I think they had at least 2 different times they could have traded him for good value. After he had slowed down but was still putting up good numbers. Instead, they gave him 15 per and are now suffering the consequences.

Obstructed_View
11-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I don't have any problem with Parker playing if he's right, but he's clearly not.

SAGirl
11-03-2016, 11:10 PM
There's no trade possible now that he can't be masked by anybody, November Parker is gone, and he has bad knees... It doesn't even feel right to say much about him if his career is this finished TBH... almost tragic bc he was once unstoppable.... Anyways, Harlem convinced me it has to be accepted and hope for some damage control. Pop now has to realize the situation...

objective
11-03-2016, 11:27 PM
The mysterious knee pain that has taken him out if two games might be a blessing in disguise.

It could worsen, and they could sit him out an extended period like Duncan last year.

If that happens, maybe he even has to elect for a surgery, even better for the team.

Hey, it could happen!

Maybe I've gone from Acceptance right back to Bargaining.

spurtech09
11-03-2016, 11:38 PM
The mysterious knee pain that has taken him out if two games might be a blessing in disguise.

It could worsen, and they could sit him out an extended period like Duncan last year.

If that happens, maybe he even has to elect for a surgery, even better for the team.

Hey, it could happen!

Maybe I've gone from Acceptance right back to Bargaining.this

james evans
11-03-2016, 11:38 PM
:downspin::clap:danceclub:chestbump:huddle:

spurtech09
11-03-2016, 11:39 PM
shame on Spurs fans.....heartless

james evans
11-03-2016, 11:39 PM
hold up, you suggested trading Mills/Aldridge and keeping Parker? Are you on drugs?

DPG21920
11-03-2016, 11:40 PM
With no replacement/trade, the Spurs will be worse without TP over the long haul. If Patty moves into the SL that is not a guarantee he does better over a longer period, but should be ok. But that is not a given and he's never proven he could be a starting level PG.

Even if he does though, the bench will be worse. Maybe not to the point where they are a bad bench, but overall, the likely outcome without TP is a worse team.

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 11:41 PM
hold up, you suggested trading Mills/Aldridge and keeping Parker? Are you on drugs?

Pop isn't trading Porker after giving Manu a 15mill retirement bonus.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
11-03-2016, 11:44 PM

Hopefully, he's forced to retire like Tim.:toast

sasaint
11-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Hopefully, he's forced to retire like Tim.:toast

:lol Tony has gone from having a sore knee to being an amputee in less than a page on ST. :toast

Dancelot
11-04-2016, 12:19 AM

Hey, it could happen!

Also then they could fast track Murray and at least get him out on the floor some.

J_Paco
11-04-2016, 12:48 AM

Exactly, declining, damaged goods isn't getting you shit. Especially when you factor in that Parker plays the deepest position in the NBA.

He is worse than every starting PG in the NBA, so why would anyone be stupid enough to trade for him?

J_Paco
11-04-2016, 12:54 AM
With no replacement/trade, the Spurs will be worse without TP over the long haul. If Patty moves into the SL that is not a guarantee he does better over a longer period, but should be ok. But that is not a given and he's never proven he could be a starting level PG.

Even if he does though, the bench will be worse. Maybe not to the point where they are a bad bench, but overall, the likely outcome without TP is a worse team.

Without a healthy and productive (10 - 12 PPG & 5 - 7 APG) TP the team is likely worse off, but he seems to be neither "healthy" nor very productive currently.

SASdynasty!
11-04-2016, 05:59 AM
Lol. here comes the but he was "injured" excuses :lol
Hey at least Parker gets injuries that have been heard of by the medical community unlike Kawhi's mystery hand "ailments."

GSH
11-04-2016, 06:45 AM
I think you're being sarcastic?

Yeah, well, it's kind of hard not to be sometimes.

But I think they had at least 2 different times they could have traded him for good value. After he had slowed down but was still putting up good numbers. Instead, they gave him 15 per and are now suffering the consequences.

Most recently in 2014, right after they had won the Championship. And he was the high scorer on the team both in the regular season and in the playoffs. And the Spurs had almost the entire team returning the next year. And the window closing on the big man who was the heart and soul of the team for 17 years. Yeah, most teams would consider that the best time to trade away their starting PG.

Do I need to put that in blue for you?

SpursforSix
11-04-2016, 10:50 AM
Yeah, well, it's kind of hard not to be sometimes.

Most recently in 2014, right after they had won the Championship. And he was the high scorer on the team both in the regular season and in the playoffs. And the Spurs had almost the entire team returning the next year. And the window closing on the big man who was the heart and soul of the team for 17 years. Yeah, most teams would consider that the best time to trade away their starting PG.

IDK. 2014 was nice. But there were plenty here, including me that realized his quickness was dropping off. In any event, I get not wanting to trade away a PG after a championship. But giving him a new contract for 15,000,000 was just absurd. I was a huge TP fan. Thought he was near the very top of PG for many years. But it seemed pretty clear what his downside was as he got older.

IMO...if you're trying to do the best for the franchise, they should have either 1) traded him or 2) given him a more reasonable contract that wouldn't handcuff them as he declined.

So was it just a case of rewarding a player for his past? So I get that too but let's call a spade a spade then and not pretend that it isn't significantly hurting them right now.

Dex
11-04-2016, 05:03 PM

dabom
11-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Injured first game of the year. People expect this guy to start a 7 game series vs Cavs/Warriors. :lmao

MaNu4Tres
11-04-2016, 05:12 PM

So Pop can lean on this obviously. In a week, it's going to be interesting to see if Parker comes back just as bad. I'm sure he'll give Parker an adequate sample size before making big decisions like demoting his 15 year starting PG. Next two months should be interesting.

eric365
11-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Injured first game of the year. People expect this guy to start a 7 game series vs Cavs/Warriors. :lmao

Do you prefer a broken arm in a meaningless last game of the regular season?

dabom
11-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Mods deleting Tony threads. :lmao

dabom
11-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Do you prefer a broken arm in a meaningless last game of the regular season?

Manu getting injured was a tragedy. Heart and Soul of that team that year. Porker getting injured now= Championship Bound. Different stories. :lol

dabom
11-04-2016, 06:46 PM
See 2014 OKC :lmao

FkLA
11-04-2016, 07:55 PM

He made it up bro. He's insecure and always feels the need to cover up his shit play with fake injuries.

The bright side of it though is that maybe his insecurity will get him to vow out for the season at some point. He's truly done now and idk if he'll be able to come to grips with that. Hopefully he pulls a fake season ending injury out of his ass tbh.

sasaint
11-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Hypothetical: Tony is "determined" to have a season-ending injury. Does the league get involved in that determination? Also, what are the cap implications? I'm sure that somebody on ST can address that...

SASdynasty!
11-04-2016, 10:06 PM

FkLA showing his omniscience by knowing if another human being is injured or not without examining him as a trainer, talking to him personally, or even being in the same state as him.

Actually, according to you, Parker has never been injured! 15 years in the league and never one major or minor injury or ailment!

gambit1990
11-04-2016, 10:24 PM
where does tonight's results leave people like you?

https://media.giphy.com/media/WjSx3rJqsa448/giphy.gif

dabom
11-04-2016, 10:25 PM
:lol

ElNono
11-04-2016, 10:26 PM
It's actually annoying that he tried to play through it in fucking October... the word is he got hurt against the Dubs, then why the fuck are you pushing it now?

ElNono
11-04-2016, 10:27 PM

That's straight out of the Kobe playbook, tbh...

HarlemHeat37
11-04-2016, 10:29 PM
All the Spurs looked ecstatic and played with a ton of energy, tbh..haven't seen them look that happy in a long time..

Kawhi was Harriet Tubman tonight, leading the rest of the Spurs to freedom..their joy and relief was palpable through my screen, tbh..

mkurts
11-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Pop needs to use Parker very sparingly.... very injury prone and his game does not age gracefully like Tim.

He can provide coaching from the bench

Keep him off the floor so the opposing team cannot cut off the head of the snake !

dabom
11-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Pop needs to use Parker very sparingly.... very injury prone and his game does not age gracefully like Tim.

He can provide coaching from the bench

Keep him off the floor so the opposing team cannot cut off the head of the snake !
:downspin:

tonight...you
11-04-2016, 10:36 PM

Oh! Oh... Dizamn. The first cut isn't the deepest.

MaNu4Tres
11-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Let's get a win tomorrow night to further validate this team minimizing Parkers' role moving forward.

spurs1990
11-04-2016, 10:40 PM
I don't know what's gotten into ya'll.
I for one remember Parker's amazing Game 5 performance in the 2014 Finals.

Who could forget his impeccable shooting during that crucial 1st three quarters to get the Spurs that comfortable lead.

....or do I owe everyone here an apology.

Mugen
11-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Patty/Manu
Danny/Simmons
Kawhi/Fathead
LMA/Lee
Pau/Dedmon

Looks great tbh....

objective
11-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Seemed to me that Kawhi was passing it up ahead to Mills much more than he would with Parker in those early possession opportunities.

Makes sense also, because Mills can pull up for a three but also has the speed to push it to the rim and create opportunities. Parker can do neither, he can only dribble dribble and Pork around the perimeter, so Kawhi is better off bringing it up himself in those instances.

Mills > Trichinosis

NASpurs
11-04-2016, 10:54 PM
At least Tim bailed when he figured out he couldn't play anymore. Porker wants to play another six years.

dabom
11-04-2016, 10:55 PM

You should retire already. :lmao

sasaint
11-04-2016, 10:56 PM
Patty/Manu
Danny/Simmons
Kawhi/Fathead
LMA/Lee
Pau/Dedmon

Looks great tbh....

Looks too thin. Can't count on Manu night-in and night-out. Simmons and Kyle seem very shaky to me. But adding Tony's name only makes it look "fatter," tbh. :lol

timtonymanu
11-04-2016, 10:57 PM
At least Tim bailed when he figured out he couldn't play anymore. Porker wants to play another six years.

41 year old Timmy would still be better than current Porker tbh

K...
11-04-2016, 11:00 PM

tim is still on the books as Thread would have you remember. Let's not joke about players shut knees and ordinary nagging injury. These are not the same things.

dabom
11-04-2016, 11:01 PM
you and fagdynasty make me laugh all the time. Keep it up guys. :tu

ElNono
11-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Patty/Manu
Danny/Simmons
Kawhi/Fathead
LMA/Lee
Pau/Dedmon

Looks great tbh....

Hoping Bertrans takes over Fathead by the time the playoffs roll around, tbh

MaNu4Tres
11-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Competitive game rotation when no one rests or sits:

Pau/ Dedmon
LMA/ Lee
Kawhi/ Bertans
Danny/ Simmons (defends PG)
Patty/ Manu (defends SG)

Filler spot minutes in case of foul trouble: PG - Lapro SG/SF/PF: Anderson

objective
11-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Competitive game rotation when no one rests or sits:

Pau/ Dedmon
LMA/ Lee
Kawhi/ Bertans
Danny/ Simmons (defends PG)
Patty/ Manu (defends SG)

Filler spot minutes in case of foul trouble: PG - Lapro SG/SF/PF: Anderson

Agreed

No more Parker, very limited Kyle

SAGirl
11-05-2016, 12:12 AM
All the Spurs looked ecstatic and played with a ton of energy, tbh..haven't seen them look that happy in a long time..

Kawhi was Harriet Tubman tonight, leading the rest of the Spurs to freedom..their joy and relief was palpable through my screen, tbh..

You were right

MaNu4Tres
11-05-2016, 12:24 AM
You were right

Not to sound like a Spur homer, but watching him play with the efficiency on O, the intensity on both ends reminds me a lot of a player I used to watch play from Chicago as a kid.

And his name is not Scottie or Bill Cartwright.

SAGirl
11-05-2016, 12:26 AM
Not to sound like a Spur homer, but watching him play with the efficiency on O, the intensity on both ends reminds me a lot of a player I used to watch play from Chicago as a kid.

I missed that era, but enjoying Kawhi and this one. :toast

TheDoctor
11-05-2016, 12:43 AM

Same here.

DPG21920
11-05-2016, 11:42 AM

:lmao guy doesn't respond because he's too scared, then after the result shows up.

How's Garino doing? Is he a big contributor for the Spurs?

DPG21920
11-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Also, who does this sound like:

"3 assists :lmao. For a starting PG :lol. Terrible!!!" At least people are seeing its the system that leads to lower assists totals for the PG on the Spurs.

Slime Baller
11-05-2016, 12:05 PM

l grew up in Chicago in the '80s before moving to Texas in early adulthood. Everyone keeps making Kobe comparisons to Kawhi and all I see is Jordan too. It's astonishing to see.

Every once in a while, Kawhi pulls a move so Jordan-eques that it makes me feel eight years old all over again.

DPG21920
11-05-2016, 12:12 PM
The team is definitely behind Patty though. He's a great teammate and everyone suppports him:

sasaint
11-05-2016, 12:26 PM
I missed that era, but enjoying Kawhi and this one. :toast

For better or worse :lol , I did not miss that era. It kind of strikes me as a back-handed compliment when folks compare Kawhi to MJ's sidekick. Pippen was an excellent player whose stature has burgeoned since his time in a way that frankly is kind of a mystery to me. Just my eye test, though.

DPG21920
11-05-2016, 12:29 PM
For better or worse :lol , I did not miss that era. It kind of strikes me as a back-handed compliment when folks compare Kawhi to MJ's sidekick. Pippen was an excellent player whose stature has burgeoned since his time in a way that frankly is kind of a mystery to me. Just my eye test, though.

Pippen was not just some sidekick. Well, compared to Jordan :lol, yes he was. But Pippen's value was not tied to Jordan. Scottie was an elite player, one of the best of all time, and still would be today.

People forget that when MJ left, Scottie took that team to the playoffs. They didn't fall off a cliff like people thought they would.

gambit1990
11-05-2016, 12:31 PM
:lmao guy doesn't respond because he's too scared
your post was at the bottom of a page. and you didn't quote me. i was scared? nice basketball take.

then after the result shows up.
:lol i've been saying i'd start mills over parker for long time now.

sasaint
11-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Pippen was not just some sidekick. Well, compared to Jordan :lol, yes he was. But Pippen's value was not tied to Jordan. Scottie was an elite player, one of the best of all time, and still would be today.

People forget that when MJ left, Scottie took that team to the playoffs. They didn't fall off a cliff like people thought they would.

"People" may forget, but I didn't forget a thing. He was an excellent player. He would still be today. Call me a homer, but I still like Kawhi better.

tmtcsc
11-05-2016, 12:47 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/IRkqguqMTKUne/giphy.gif Shhh!! I see it too but lets not speak of it. Lets just watch it happen.

tmtcsc
11-05-2016, 12:51 PM
The Spurs' future is bright with Leonard leading the way. They just need to rid themselves of the hangers-on and bad contracts. Eh-hem - Porker. Mills is playing for his next contract and its obvious. I wish he would be this consistent always but he has a history of elevating his play when contracts are involved.

I agree with the youth movement. Bring TP off the bench and move Kyle behind Bertans. Or at least give Bertans more playing time. He's off to a slow start and he has not developed as "In Shape & Focused" Diaw 2.0. In fact, he looks like he's regressed.

sasaint
11-05-2016, 12:53 PM

:toast But I do see some points of difference that I like. The images of MJ and Kobe shooting jumpers that are etched into my memory do not reflect really great form - MJ's split-legs, Kobe's forward kick... As I posted in last night's game thread, Kawhi's form is about as pure and consistent as I can ever remember. Call me a homer.

boutons_deux
11-05-2016, 12:56 PM
yep, Kawhi's jumper is so smooth, graceful, effortless.

Spurtacular
11-05-2016, 04:19 PM
The Spurs were much more fluid on offense and more defensively sound with Parker out. I don't mean to say that Parker can't be a contributor; but it does seem that Pop's allegiance to Parker holds the team back.

Spurtacular
11-05-2016, 04:20 PM
yep, Kawhi's jumper is so smooth, graceful, effortless.

I wish he had a little more vertical so he could get his shot off any time; but his body control and those huge mitts are allowing him to do things that nobody else in the league can do.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Personally, I'd take Kawhi over Ron Harper, but thanks for the memories :toast

Robz4000
11-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Patty/Manu
Danny/Simmons
Kawhi/Bertans
LMA/Lee
Pau/Dedmon

Looks great tbh....

Ftfy...

TD 21
11-05-2016, 05:50 PM
The starting lineups offense would more than likely be better with Mills starting, but for about a half decade now, this team has been more about having 2 somewhat balanced units than it is about having the best possible starting lineup.

No matter who the starting point guard is, the starters are going to be based around Leonard's and Aldridge's individual offense and team defense (once Green returns).

With Parker, the perennial best bench in the league would lose: Mills' energy and chemistry with Ginobili and would essentially relegate Ginobili to more of an off ball roll. Both Parker and Ginobili would tow the company line, but probably be miserable.

It's not about starting, it's about what should the split in minutes be and who should generally close close games.

DPG21920
11-06-2016, 12:08 AM
your post was at the bottom of a page. and you didn't quote me. i was scared? nice basketball take.

:lol i've been saying i'd start mills over parker for long time now.

MaNu4Tres
11-06-2016, 12:26 AM
Kawhi is so far ahead of where Pippen was at the same age, its not close.

Tonight Clippers clogged the paint and dared the Spurs to take the long 2 pick and Pops (which I cant stand).

Spurs need to set the screen for Kawhi much higher or further out. This would not only take the bigs out further, but Kawhi would have more space to operate around the screen and creating downhill.

Tonight, Kawhi was dribbling into congested areas of the defense, while weakside didnt have to move because of the damn pick and pops.Spacing was just terrible with the 1st unit -- Clippers know how to corral Leonard or the ball handler when Gasol/ Aldridge set their pick and pops. Too easy to defend as the two defenders involved in the PnR can easily funnel the action to the worst shot in basketball.

Seventyniner
11-06-2016, 03:15 AM
Let's get a win tomorrow night to further validate this team minimizing Parkers' role moving forward.

Or a blowout loss to prove that the narrative was false after all.

gambit1990
11-06-2016, 12:14 PM
nothing's changed, i'm still starting patty over parker. even after a bad game patty is still playing much better than parker on the season.

gambit1990
11-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Or a blowout loss to prove that the narrative was false after all.
because one game proves a narrative to be false? small sample size much? :lol

and what, you think parker would've helped stop griffin from shooting 68%?

DPG21920
11-06-2016, 12:46 PM
:lol You were sure gloating after that one Patty start in UTA though.

I dont think anyone thinks Patty is bad - but those thinking Patty is some sure starter are kidding themselves and that has nothing to do with TP's level of play.

gambit1990
11-06-2016, 12:57 PM
:lol You were sure gloating after that one Patty start in UTA though.
that was a rematch minus parker.

I dont think anyone thinks Patty is bad - but those thinking Patty is some sure starter are kidding themselves and that has nothing to do with TP's level of play.
never said patty is the end all solution. i said he should start over parker, which has everything to do with TP's level of play.

DPG21920
11-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Walk it back. Now walk it back y'all. East side walk it back. West side walk it back. North side walk it back. Now walk it back y'all.

TheDoctor
11-07-2016, 02:27 PM
:wakeup

cd98
11-07-2016, 02:38 PM
The only reason I'd start Patty is because of his three point shooting to spread the court. And I think that would only be necessary until Green returns. Our starting unit just doesn't have the three point shooting to space the floor for Kawhi with Green out.

sasaint
11-07-2016, 02:40 PM
:wakeup

I appreciate the fact that I can come to ST for news updates - good or bad - rather than having to glean them from the web for myself. Thanks for the post. Just sorry it isn't Danny...

I don't believe that Pop will be starting Tony Wednesday. In fact, I hope that this injury time will prompt Pop to see what the impact would be of starting Patty and having Tony play primarily with the second unit for awhile.