PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Did the Warriors give away too much for Durant?

Thebesteva
11-05-2016, 10:04 PM
I don't think it's a secret at this point that the theme for the Warriors and perhaps in part the NBA this season is if the Warriors getting rid of Bogut, Speights, Barbosa, Ezeli, and Barnes all to fit in Durant (and Pachulia) might have been a disastrous decision?

People keep saying how they were 73-9 without Durant but they're forgetting they lost so many pieces in order to fit Durant into the team. I know it's super early into the season but they are just too small and offense only type team.

Is it too soon to say the dubs are fucked?

Silver&Black
11-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Did they give up too much? Yes...

Is it too early to say the Dubs are fucked? Yes...

webshad
11-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Yes.

It messed up their chemistry as well.

Also, I have seen less illegal pick and roll from the dubs still year. Bogut was a master at that and ref never use to call it.

DMC
11-06-2016, 01:09 AM
Yes but you don't know the inside situation. Bogut is an injury machine, and they were up 3-1 and lost in the Finals. Getting back to that isn't their goal. Their goal is to have the best team possible, and when KD shows up with his luggage, you turn down your guest bed and put out some towels in the bathroom.

Also, they are one Curry injury away from being basically irrelevant otherwise. Sure they'd win some games but without the guy who pulls defense at the half court, they aren't getting anywhere. Now they have the ability to sit Curry and still have Klay and KD on the court. They do need a true big, someone like Porzingod.

Next year Bogut is UFA. Finals appearances are expensive, since everyone on the team now wants to parlay that into more money. That's why Cuban busted up the Mavs after '11. It's why a lot of teams don't hit that 2nd year. Not many superstars willing to do what James and Wade did in Miami.

Thread
11-06-2016, 07:17 AM
I addressed this first. Me

Don't even start.

RsxPiimp
11-06-2016, 07:25 AM
overreaction thread tbh.

baseline bum
11-06-2016, 07:38 AM
No, they didn't give up too much. You always trade four quarters for a dollar in the NBA. I like Bogut a lot, but he's a china doll. Barnes wasn't going to be worth his contract. Then Speights and Barbosa just suck. Ezeli is a nobody.

11-06-2016, 08:05 AM
I think this thread has been made already...multiple times?

mudyez
11-06-2016, 08:09 AM
...What baseline bum sais, plus they got rid of one of their hardest contenders in decimating OKC.

They are worse than last year and even though I think they will improve, it won't be a 73:9 caliber team with glaring weaknesses under the basket.

After all you have to trade for Durant if you can without giving up any All Star Players and they are still the favs to win the chip.

Killakobe81
11-06-2016, 08:14 AM
No, they didn't give up too much. You always trade four quarters for a dollar in the NBA. I like Bogut a lot, but he's a china doll. Barnes wasn't going to be worth his contract. Then Speights and Barbosa just suck. Ezeli is a nobody.

This. Bum is right Bogut was always hurt despite his performance when healthy you don't say no to Durant to keep him.
..And despite the calls for Klay ... I think Iggy is the expendable asset to that should net a big. In fact should have traded him to keep Bogut and Speights who signed with Clips on the cheap.
Spilt milk though... Iggy could still bringbback a big ...but again the question is who?

Killakobe81
11-06-2016, 08:17 AM
And if Kerr, West Lacob etc as great and as smart as they seem to to think they are ...they shouldn't panic nor hesitate if someone offers a defensive big for Iggy.

TrainOfThought5
11-06-2016, 01:50 PM
overreaction thread tbh.

Two losses in two weeks. I dont know.

K...
11-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Durant wasn't a mistake, not singing more big men was, I mean they went spurs style with two retreads rather than new spurs style with something like dedmon. Easier said than done, but it was possible.. also they should trade dray before him and Durant fall in love and start emo fucking

Obstructed_View
11-06-2016, 08:51 PM
If the Dubs had said no thanks to Durant and told people, "We thought Bogut and Speights were too valuable" they'd have been laughed out of the league. You always take Kevin Durant when you have the opportunity. The only mistake they made was just expecting shitty retreads like David West to ring chase into town to fill out their roster, a mistake compounded by coming out of the draft with nothing but a long-term project at center. If they were starting Dedmon with that group they'd be a vastly different team.

DMC
11-06-2016, 11:06 PM
I addressed this first. Me

Don't even start.

You addressed everything first, you just abandoned most of it.

TheCultOfPersonality
11-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Did the Warriors give away too much for Durant? (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264365&p=8783657)

No.

IT'S KEVIN EFFING DURANT!!!!

The Warriors didn't lose anyone important.

DMC
11-07-2016, 08:55 AM
And if Kerr, West Lacob etc as great and as smart as they seem to to think they are ...they shouldn't panic nor hesitate if someone offers a defensive big for Iggy.

This makes no sense. You're saying if these guys are as smart as they pretend to be, they'll follow your advice?

The very thing that would make them not 'panic" is what you are suggesting they get rid of; the rest of the team.

Joseph Kony
11-07-2016, 10:00 AM
their biggest mistake was signing trash like Zaza, West, and McGee thinking they could hold down the middle and everything would be fine because they only chuck 3s

Dex
11-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Everything pretty much has been covered in this thread. When you have a chance to pick up a Durant, you take it...but I don't think he automatically makes him better than last years team considering they gave up what little post presence and rim protection they had to get him.

Durant upgrades the Warriors offense, but frankly...offense was never their problem. It's hard to make it much better than it was last year. In doing so, they've sacrificed their defense, and that gives them a bigger chink in the armor than last year's more well rounded team had.

Arcadian
11-07-2016, 01:50 PM
No they didn't give up "too much" because Durant really is worth that much. If you want a top 3 player, you're gonna give up a lot.

The problem is that their team composition and chemistry are now worse. That doesn't mean they gave up too much, though. It just means they took a risk and did what they had to do to acquire a top 3 player, and it might make the team worse ultimately.

spursistan
11-08-2016, 02:32 PM

Iggy looks like he's entered TOSB stage..At least Bogut can still do the most useful trick for their entire playing philosophy..

mavsfan1000
11-08-2016, 04:15 PM
Too many thin bodies. Picks must suck now.

poeticism707
11-08-2016, 05:13 PM
I don't think it's a secret at this point that the theme for the Warriors and perhaps in part the NBA this season is if the Warriors getting rid of Bogut, Speights, Barbosa, Ezeli, and Barnes all to fit in Durant (and Pachulia) might have been a disastrous decision?

People keep saying how they were 73-9 without Durant but they're forgetting they lost so many pieces in order to fit Durant into the team. I know it's super early into the season but they are just too small and offense only type team.

Is it too soon to say the dubs are fucked?

It's too soon,

but no way I would have gave up

that much for what may be a 1 year rental.

Morons.

spurraider21
05-31-2018, 01:19 PM
:lmao

Mitch
05-31-2018, 02:15 PM
Lakersbesteva with shit takes in every sport, from boxing to basketball.

LkrFan
05-31-2018, 02:42 PM

Nice playoff edition bump :lol

DMC
05-31-2018, 07:15 PM

:lol

endrity
06-01-2018, 04:35 AM
As a collective, their franchise is going to benefit from more rings, sales, and therefore money.

But for the players' legacy, the move will end up hurting both Durant and Curry. Whenever all-time debates will start, their names will always come with an asterisk, i.e "yeah they got rings, but they were so stacked that it was unfair".