PDA

View Full Version : 7 games in 12 nights: Kawhi Leonard weighs in on whether fatigue is setting in

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2016, 10:38 PM
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17980135

houston spurs fan
11-05-2016, 10:40 PM
At 25, TD would be running laps after the game to keep in shape after 7 games in 12 nights...

dabom
11-05-2016, 10:42 PM
At 25, TD would be running laps after the game to keep in shape after 7 games in 12 nights...

Well he injured his knees and he never played on the perimeter.

Kawhitstorm
11-05-2016, 10:43 PM

Tim didn't have to chase guys on the perimeter through a million screens nor run through a millions screens on offense.

daslicer
11-05-2016, 10:44 PM

Definitely agreed. Kawhi will have ton great games this year but will fold like always against elite teams and disappear come playoff time.

spurtech09
11-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Would be nice if KL had some help from his teammates :(

rasuo214
11-06-2016, 12:04 AM
I doubt Kawhi is going to have a near 40 PER season so he was due a bad game.

ducks
11-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Some think he should play even more minutes

TheGreatYacht
11-06-2016, 12:13 AM

Definitely agreed. Kawhi will have ton great games this year but will fold like always against elite teams and disappear come playoff time.

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 12:17 AM

It's funny that everyone reacts about HIS minutes...

If someone takes time to watch the interview he talks about the team not him.

Sean Cagney
11-06-2016, 12:19 AM

I hope not and he does become that "Man" we need him to be. He did show up two finals in a row against the best player in the world though, which makes me wonder why he can show up against that guy on the biggest stage and disappear in most playoff series since? It's odd. He shows up games 1-4 usually and then just fades.

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 12:21 AM
I doubt Kawhi is going to have a near 40 PER season so he was due a bad game.
Well, you know the haters.

#2 on PER in last playoffs with 28.6

Just one game and they like "he will disappear come playoff time" :lol

http://i.imgur.com/7qpp73L.jpg
'But but he fails in playoffs'

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 12:25 AM
I hope not and he does become that "Man" we need him to be. He did show up two finals in a row against the best player in the world though, which makes me wonder why he can show up against that guy on the biggest stage and disappear in most playoff series since? It's odd. He shows up games 1-4 usually and then just fades.

If he shows up 4 games, I wouldn't say that 1 or 2 bad games is most playoffs series.

Kawhi had great playoffs games in the last two years. No one can have 7 great games series, LeBron had bad games in the last Finals, Curry, everyone.

The issue was that when Kawhi had a bad game in the series, any other Spur stepped-up to help him.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2016, 12:32 AM
Kawhi had great playoffs games in the last two years. No one can have 7 great games series, LeBron had bad games in the last Finals

Imagine if LeBron had to roll w/ Porker or Patty instead of Kyrie.:lol

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Imagine if LeBron had to roll w/ Porker or Patty instead of Kyrie.:lol

Imagine if this old version of Parker would take that last shoot against Warriors...I guess Lebron still with just 2 rings

bic50
11-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Some of you "fans" are just straight up garbage. If you feel this way then I see no reason for you to even follow the team anymore.

Gagnrath
11-06-2016, 12:57 AM
LeBrons first time in Cleveland he had less than that. Patty is a starting quality guard for a NBA team but he isn't a game changing player at that level. Like he is when he is playing against backups. Parker looks fi wished but I have to hope gets his legs under him.

houston spurs fan
11-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Tim didn't have to chase guys on the perimeter through a million screens nor run through a millions screens on offense.
The comment I made was in jest. But the seriousness of you idiots coming to defend Kawhi is telling of all the youngsters we now have posting on ST....just clueless as to what TD did.

Sean Cagney
11-06-2016, 01:03 AM
If he shows up 4 games, I wouldn't say that 1 or 2 bad games is most playoffs series.

Kawhi had great playoffs games in the last two years. No one can have 7 great games series, LeBron had bad games in the last Finals, Curry, everyone.

The issue was that when Kawhi had a bad game in the series, any other Spur stepped-up to help him.
And you are correct man, can't really argue that there. He showed up in both finals too and that is the biggest stage, what else does he have to do? That is as big as it gets and he performed even at a young age against the King.

houston spurs fan
11-06-2016, 01:03 AM
Well he injured his knees and he never played on the perimeter.
Great comment, proving zero intelligence with comments on the daily. Proof is in the commentary.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2016, 01:24 AM
The comment I made was in jest. But the seriousness of you idiots coming to defend Kawhi is telling of all the youngsters we now have posting on ST....just clueless as to what TD did.

You made a FALSE equivalence, just deal w/ it.:sleep

daslicer
11-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Some of you "fans" are just straight up garbage. If you feel this way then I see no reason for you to even follow the team anymore.

I have been a fan of the spurs since '94 which is over 22 years so it's not something I can just give up. Your were probably a sperm way back in the day when I became a spurs fan so i can't really take you seriously. I'm perfectly content if the spurs never win a title again since I got to see them win 5 which is something I never thought was possible way back in '94. With that being said the loses don't hurt me as much now that Duncan is retired. The reason I feel like this is because Duncan was a once in a life time a player and in my eyes a top 5 all time great which made every year the spurs didn't win a wasted year. For me as a fan I'm playing with house money in the sense that if the spurs win that is great and if they don't it's not the end of the world for me. The reason I mention this is because it allows me to be objective about giving valuations about players on the Spurs. You are going to be biased as hell and hoping Kawhi lives up to some narrative about being an all time great which in return will result in you finding ways to spin his shitty games. It's like I said in the previous post Kawhi will dominate against 90 percent of the league this year but will fall short against the elite teams come playoff time which has happened the previous two years ala Clippers,Thunder. Kawhi has to lead the Spurs to the WCF before I give him any respect. It's amazing how much David Robinson gets shitted on in here by young 20 year olds for choking in the playoffs but Kawhi gets a free pass for his choke jobs despite not leading the spurs to a WCF like Drob did. You say I'm a garbage fan but I also feel the same way about bandwagon fans like you who didn't show up and become fans until 2014.

houston spurs fan
11-06-2016, 01:57 AM
You made a FALSE equivalence, just deal w/ it.:sleep
Small minded....

daslicer
11-06-2016, 01:58 AM

He played well against Miami because they didn't game plan for him. Miami was more focused on Parker,Green,Duncan back then more so than Kawhi. That's why him going off in 2014 took Miami off guard. The problem now is you have teams like the Clippers that focus their defense on Kawhi. That's why it's much harder to win a championship being the number 1 options versus not being the number 1 option.

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 01:59 AM
Kawhi has to lead the Spurs to the WCF before I give him any respect.

We got it the first time, you don't respect him.

Amazing. I wonder how many fans don't give their players respect and support them...

dabom
11-06-2016, 02:00 AM

Amazing. I wonder how many fans don't give their players respect and support them...
:lol

daslicer
11-06-2016, 02:03 AM

:lol Amazing how much of a Kawhi dickrider you are.

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 02:05 AM
'I don't give the best player on the team any respect' 'But but I'm an old Spurs' fan':cry :cry

What pathetic people

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 02:07 AM
:lol Amazing how much of a Kawhi dickrider you are.

Unlike you, I'm a real Spurs' fan, I expect the best for him and the whole team.

Ain't gonna buy your stupid 'but but he'll fail' :cry :cry

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2016, 02:07 AM
Small minded....

You on the other hand have a huge head like that orangutan Trump.:toast

dabom
11-06-2016, 02:08 AM

I though you were gonna say Kyle. :lol

houston spurs fan
11-06-2016, 02:12 AM
Thank you, not sure where the Donald fits into this but thanks!

daslicer
11-06-2016, 02:14 AM
Unlike you, I'm a real Spurs' fan, I expect the best for him and the whole team.

:lmao

houston spurs fan
11-06-2016, 02:16 AM

Player fan

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 02:21 AM
:lmao

It's so weird that we didn't see many posts of this shit when Kawhi plays at MVP in the previous games but just one game and he like ..."But but...:cry :cry :cry :cry "

LongtimeSpursFan
11-06-2016, 02:21 AM
26 yo and complaining about minutes? SMH

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 02:22 AM
Player fan

Suuure. That shit expects that Kawhi fails and the Spurs lose but people who expect he does great and Spurs win are...player fans now.

houston spurs fan
11-06-2016, 02:27 AM
Suuure. That shit expects that Kawhi fails and the Spurs lose but people who expect he does great and Spurs win are...player fans now.
Calling a spade a spade...player bandwagon fan.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2016, 02:27 AM
He played well against Miami because they didn't game plan for him. Miami was more focused on Parker,Green,Duncan back then more so than Kawhi. That's why him going off in 2014 took Miami off guard. The problem now is you have teams like the Clippers that focus their defense on Kawhi. That's why it's much harder to win a championship being the number 1 options versus not being the number 1 option.

The difference b/w 2014 & the past two season is that the supporting cast aged overnight. The 2014 squad had one of the best supporting cast on a championship team but the past two seasons it's just been a two man show w/ Tim/Kawhi or Softridge/Kawhi.

The current Spurs are constructed like the 2-peat Lakers, Kirby shot 40% in the 2010 Finals but the Lakers won b/c MVPau showed up instead of choking like Softridge. Artest also bailed him out on a couple of occasions.

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2016, 02:30 AM
Thank you, not sure where the Donald fits into this but thanks!

You post like he tweets, that's all.:wakeup

houston spurs fan
11-06-2016, 02:30 AM
The difference b/w 2014 & the past two season is that the supporting cast aged overnight. The 2014 squad had one of the best supporting cast on a championship team but the past two seasons it's just been a two man show w/ Tim/Kawhi or Softridge/Kawhi.

The current Spurs are constructed like the 2-peat Lakers, Kirby shot 40% in the 2010 Finals but the Lakers won b/c MVPau showed up instead of choking like Softridge.
This just in, water is wet. Harlem Heat copy cat. This guy is either a troll or just take HarlemMs takes and reposts....

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2016, 02:32 AM
This just in, water is wet. I'm a Donald Trump copy cat. I'm a troll & just take Donald's takes and repost....

FIFY

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 02:34 AM
Calling a spade a spade...player bandwagon fan.

This guy says he doesn't give a Spurs player any respect and you're fine with it. Even casual NBA fans give Kawhi more respect than that shit...

Like I've said before, this is so funny.

houston spurs fan
11-06-2016, 02:41 AM

This guy says he doesn't give a Spurs player any respect and you're fine with it. Even casual NBA fans give Kawhi more respect than that shit...

Like I've said before, this is so funny.
I think Kawhi is the best two way player in the NBA. But I'm tired of your player fans jizzing on our fan board.

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 02:51 AM
I think Kawhi is the best two way player in the NBA. But I'm tired of your player fans jizzing on our fan board.

And I'm tired of hearing that a supposed Spurs' fan doesn't respect Kawhi.

So you're one of the new owners...Well, you don't do this forum any favor defending that shit. Think and do better.

spurraider21
11-06-2016, 03:15 AM
:lmao play him more minutes, they said...

TrainOfThought5
11-06-2016, 03:55 AM
Kawhi is not Duncan or Jordan or lebron. Hes not capable dragging this team to the Conf. Finals by himself. Hes gonna need real pieces around him that are better than Parker, Gasol, etc.

Leading the team in points rebounds and assists? SMH thats not gonna win us any championships

Horse
11-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Exactly they make me sick. Kawhi improves each and every season reigning 2 time consecutive DPOY comes out scoring 30 a game and they complain when he has an off night. He has exceeded our wildest dreams.

bic50
11-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Exactly they make me sick. Kawhi improves each and every season reigning 2 time consecutive DPOY comes out scoring 30 a game and they complain when he has an off night. He has exceeded our wildest dreams.
Spoiled fans tbh.

cjw
11-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Imagine if this old version of Parker would take that last shoot against Warriors...I guess Lebron still with just 2 rings

Did you not watch game 6 in 2013? Parker's shots down the stretch of regulation would have been nearly as clutch if not for two missed FT and two lost OReb.

SuperCam
11-06-2016, 11:12 AM
fatigue?? this nig is playing 31 minutes a game and the kiwistans are trying to tell us that the supposed mvp caliber kiwi is getting :cry tired :cry doing so? :lmao

what's his plan for the playoffs when true alphas are playing 44 minutes a game or more? :lol

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Kawhi is not Duncan or Jordan or lebron. Hes not capable dragging this team to the Conf. Finals by himself. Hes gonna need real pieces around him that are better than Parker, Gasol, etc.

Yeah, he's like Kirby except plays defense like PEAK Artest...he just needs an MVPau & Odom.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
11-06-2016, 11:17 AM
fatigue?? this nig is playing 31 minutes a game and the kiwistans are trying to tell us that the supposed mvp caliber kiwi is getting :cry tired :cry doing so? :lmao

Last I checked LeBron has been taking vacations mid-season.:sleep

what's his plan for the playoffs when true alphas are playing 44 minutes a game or more? :lol

Have a starting backcourt.:wakeup

TheGreatYacht
11-06-2016, 11:43 AM

http://vh1.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:vh1.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/The-Wire-Wee-Bey-OMG-1470610504.gif

Manig:wow

SuperCam
11-06-2016, 03:15 PM
i'm going to call him kawhasthma until he can play more than 32 minutes a game without huffing and puffing tbh...

dabom
11-06-2016, 03:38 PM
:lmao play him more minutes, they said...

Now you're on the "minutes" sctick? :lmao

You have seriously kept moving the goal post all these years. Nice job faggot. :lmao

spurraider21
11-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Now you're on the "minutes" sctick? :lmao

You have seriously kept moving the goal post all these years. Nice job faggot. :lmao
I'm for being smart. Spurs were blowing out games you people were whining pop wasn't giving him more minutes to pad his stats for individual awards :lol

In closer games he should push 40 minutes

dabom
11-06-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm for being smart. Spurs were blowing out games you people were whining pop wasn't giving him more minutes to pad his stats for individual awards :lol

You were clearly implying he can't play more minutes faggot. Just how you've always doubted him his whole career. :lmao

It's embarrassing you weak ass fans jump on the Kawhi bandwaggon. :lmao

dabom
11-06-2016, 03:50 PM
"Kawhi struggling on his freethrows"

"Kawhi struggling in the post"

"Kawhi struggling in the midrange"

"Kawhi struggling in the facilitator role"

Now it's the "Kawhi struggling with more minutes". :lmao

Ya faggots call yourselfs Spurs fans. :lol

spurraider21
11-06-2016, 03:58 PM
:wow

dabom
11-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Wow big analysis. :lmao

I should bump all your kawhi hating posts over the years. :lmao

TD 21
11-06-2016, 05:48 PM

No, but he had to set and defend millions of screens, with guys repeatedly smashing into him. He also had to bang in the post with and box out millions of behemoths and jump for millions of rebounds and blocks.

Leonard is young and the most rested player even near his caliber, in the league, so I don't want to hear about fatigue. I want to see the supposed "second best player in the league" actually play like more often than not versus the elite.

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Did you not watch game 6 in 2013? Parker's shots down the stretch of regulation would have been nearly as clutch if not for two missed FT and two lost OReb.

Because this "old version of Parker"' -like I said in that post- is the same guy who played in the 2013 Finals, right?

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 06:16 PM

Leading the team in points rebounds and assists? SMH thats not gonna win us any championships

Jordan, Duncan, LeBron were unique talents.

Obviously Kawhi doesn't have that super-high level/impact. Either Curry, Westbrook, KD...no one has like Jordan/Tim/LBJ.

But after 2004, Tim had a top #5 PG in the league, and a top #5 SG as supporting cast.

It's like if Kawhi plays with a better version of Lillard and a better version of Harden in the perimeter, because prime Parker/Manu were better than those two guards.

Instead, he plays with a 34 years old PG who is past his prime and guards who don't score more than 5/7 ppg.

Tim had TWO elite players along him, without them we don't know if 2005 or 2007 would have happened.

Except for LMA, I'd say that Kawhi doesn't have that type of quality supporting cast on these days.

So I agree with you. Kawhi/Spurs need more than sub-par players in this competitive league of super-teams.

spurraider21
11-06-2016, 06:25 PM
Wow big analysis. :lmao

I should bump all your kawhi hating posts over the years. :lmao
Spurs up by 28 in the 4th

:madrun play kawhi more minutes so he can win awards :madrun

Proxy
11-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Back in my day I walked to work uphill both ways in the snow!

11-06-2016, 07:48 PM

Yeah if those last two games end with the Spurs being eliminated then that's a bad series. Stop with the excuses ffs

11-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Imagine your franchise max player complaining 7 games into the season. Prime LeBron, Kobe, Tim, would never.

Kawhi doesn't have it

dabom
11-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Faggot "fans". :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Imagine your franchise max player complaining 7 games into the season. Prime LeBron, Kobe, Tim, would never.

Kawhi doesn't have it

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Yeah if those last two games end with the Spurs being eliminated then that's a bad series. Stop with the excuses ffs

He said 'most playoffs series' and 2 games over 6/7 aren't the most/whole series. Also, he admitted it in his next post.

One thing is a bad series, other is saying that 2 games are the most games in a series. Do the math...

YGWHI
11-06-2016, 08:55 PM

Neither prime LBJ, Kobe, Tim have played with this Parker/Manu/Gasol-109 years old combined as their #3rd/4th/5th best players on the team.

Team's fatigue with these old guys is and will be a big issue in the season.

SupremeGuy
11-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Holy shit. I thought we were passed the anti-Kawhi shtick some of you assholes had going on... :lol

bic50
11-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Holy shit. I thought we were passed the anti-Kawhi shtick some of you assholes had going on... :lol
They were pretty quiet until after the game against the clippers then those cowards show up :lol. Even stooping so low to lowkey root for Westbrook to win MVP just so kawhi doesn't.

tonight...you
11-06-2016, 11:54 PM
i'm going to call him kawhasthma until he can play more than 32 minutes a game without huffing and puffing tbh...
Dizamn.
Old boy better overcome that shit...

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2016, 02:04 AM
No, but he had to set and defend millions of screens, with guys repeatedly smashing into him. He also had to bang in the post with and box out millions of behemoths and jump for millions of rebounds and blocks.

Leonard is young and the most rested player even near his caliber, in the league, so I don't want to hear about fatigue. I want to see the supposed "second best player in the league" actually play like more often than not versus the elite.

There is a reason LeBron doesn't play defense in the regular season & James Harden waves in players towards the rim. Paul George/Jimmy Butler's defense suffered when they started getting more offensive responsibilities b/c it's almost impossible for wing-players to lead their team in scoring & play All-NBA defense night-in & night-out. The only player that did it are 1st ballot HOFers: Jordan/Pippen & LeBron at his peak. Kirby was getting All-NBA defense honor b/c he was the only All-Star wingplayer that played defense.:lol

Kawhi is being asked to be a playmaker b/c he doesn't have a starting backcourt, guard the best perimeter players b/c he's the only competent defender on the floor & lead the team in scoring b/c Softridge is mental midget who just goes through the motion. Smart defensive coaches like Doc are going to load up on him & force him to give up the ball or take bad shots. Doc was able stymie both Kirby/LeBron in 2008 by using the same strategy.

LMAO at Kawhi being the "most rested player" when Curry is playing the same amount of minutes while letting Klay do the dirty work on defense & Durant do the heavy lifting on offense.:lol Curry won his first MVP playing 31 minutes a night & only got extended last season b/c they were chasing a regular season championship.

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2016, 02:07 AM

Last I checked LeBron was claiming he had the body of a 19 year old a month ago.:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-07-2016, 02:32 AM
It's like if Kawhi plays with a better version of Lillard and a better version of Harden in the perimeter, because prime Parker/Manu were better than those two guards.

Instead, he plays with a 34 years old PG who is past his prime and guards who don't score more than 5/7 ppg.

Spurs only have one guy averaging over 19, two averaging over 12 & only 3 averaging double digits which would surpass the '08-'09 Cavs as the most extremely top heavy 60 win team since the rule changes in '04-'05.:lol

dabom
11-07-2016, 09:24 AM
There is a reason LeBron doesn't play defense in the regular season & James Harden waves in players towards the rim. Paul George/Jimmy Butler's defense suffered when they started getting more offensive responsibilities b/c it's almost impossible for wing-players to lead their team in scoring & play All-NBA defense night-in & night-out. The only player that did it are 1st ballot HOFers: Jordan/Pippen & LeBron at his peak. Kirby was getting All-NBA defense honor b/c he was the only All-Star wingplayer that played defense.:lol

Kawhi is being asked to be a playmaker b/c he doesn't have a starting backcourt, guard the best perimeter players b/c he's the only competent defender on the floor & lead the team in scoring b/c Softridge is mental midget who just goes through the motion. Smart defensive coaches like Doc are going to load up on him & force him to give up the ball or take bad shots. Doc was able stymie both Kirby/LeBron in 2008 by using the same strategy.

LMAO at Kawhi being the "most rested player" when Curry is playing the same amount of minutes while letting Klay do the dirty work on defense & Durant do the heavy lifting on offense.:lol Curry won his first MVP playing 31 minutes a night & only got extended last season b/c they were chasing a regular season championship.

This nigga going in. :lol

TD 21
11-07-2016, 06:53 PM

Of course the vast majority will discriminate against big men, as usual, but there's no way to quantify which is more taxing.

I don't want to hear about fatigue from a 25 year old, who's 7 games into a season where he's averaging 31.4 mpg (who's never eclipsed 33.1 mpg and 72 games) and has another top 15-20 player and the perennial best bench in the league.

Fine, he's the second most rested, after Curry.

Ice009
11-07-2016, 10:54 PM
If Kawhi's tired why doesn't he actually work with Tim Grover? He said he wanted to 3 years ago, and I know for a fact, Tim Grover hates resting young players and putting them on minute restrictions. He also had a hand in Jordan becoming a Championship player. If Detroit didn't belt the shit out of Jordan, he may never have worked with Grover on his strength and conditioning to take his game up to the next level.

Also, why has Kawhi not worked with Kobe? I thought they were supposed to, but again, it's all talk and nothing happens. He could learn a lot from both of those guys.

SuperCam
11-07-2016, 11:40 PM
LeBron on court: team DRTG 100.2
LeBron off court: team DRTG 121.8

-21.6 Net diff. :wow

Kiwi on court: 107.9
Kiwi off court: 95.8

+12.1 Net diff.

:downspin: Defense gets better when Kiwi not playing :downspin:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2017/on-off/

"Lebron doesn't play defense during regular season" :lmao

11-08-2016, 12:44 AM

+12.1 Net diff.

"Lebron doesn't play defense during regular season" :lmaoKiwi getting exposed :lmao

Product of Tim's rim protection :lmao

Kiwitards :lmao

YGWHI
11-08-2016, 12:57 AM

+12.1 Net diff.

"Lebron doesn't play defense during regular season" :lmao

Kiwi getting exposed :lmao

Product of Tim's rim protection :lmao

Kiwitards :lmao

These haters...Kawhi's +28

Kawhi is the BEST and more insane Top Net Rtg in the league.

SuperCam
11-08-2016, 01:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wKmjmBZ.png

Kawhtired sacrificing defense for me me me scoring... the Kobe transformation is complete tbh :lol

YGWHI
11-08-2016, 01:26 AM
I wonder what Parker/Pau/LMA sacrificed for...nothing. No Defense, No offense. And Kawhi has to carry these defensive scrubs in the starting lineup.

+20 pp Def Rtg when Parker is on...SMH

Outscored by 25...:shootme

dabom
11-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Dam. :lol

Kawhitstorm
11-08-2016, 02:37 AM
I don't want to hear about fatigue from a 25 year old, who's 7 games into a season where he's averaging 31.4 mpg (who's never eclipsed 33.1 mpg and 72 games)

I guess you want him to stop playing defense & become a one-way player like Harden, got it.:rolleyes

has another top 15-20 player
Yeah a guy who shows up out of shape then mails in the first half of the season.:wakeup

the perennial best bench in the league.

Except his backup happens to be Kyle Fuckin' Anderson.:lol

Fine, he's the second most rested, after Curry.

I guess 24 year olds don't have to play 38 minutes if their WS/48 for their age group is only matched by Jordan, Kareem, LeBron & Durant: http://bkref.com/tiny/P6l2l :wow

If Kawhi finishes w/ a WS/48 of .3 or better (current: .372) the he would join Kareem as the only 25 yr old on that list: http://bkref.com/tiny/pKWOA :wow

Kawhitstorm
11-08-2016, 02:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wKmjmBZ.png

Kawhtired sacrificing defense for me me me scoring... the Kobe transformation is complete tbh :lol

A defensive metrics list w/ Monroe & Crawford in the top 15.:sleep

TD 21
11-08-2016, 05:50 PM
I guess you want him to stop playing defense & become a one-way player like Harden, got it.:rolleyes

Yeah a guy who shows up out of shape then mails in the first half of the season.:wakeup

Except his backup happens to be Kyle Fuckin' Anderson.:lol

I guess 24 year olds don't have to play 38 minutes if their WS/48 for their age group is only matched by Jordan, Kareem, LeBron & Durant: http://bkref.com/tiny/P6l2l :wow

If Kawhi finishes w/ a WS/48 of .3 or better (current: .372) the he would join Kareem as the only 25 yr old on that list: http://bkref.com/tiny/pKWOA :wow

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. I'm tired of this "he has to guard the best opposing perimeter player" narrative too. They obviously need him to guard the big wings, but Green can handle most guards and should, to alleviate some of the burden. Simmons is a lesser option to do the same.

Nonetheless, he's a top 15-20 player.

One player does not account for an entire bench.

No one said anything about "38 minutes" and it's 7 games in.

Kawhitstorm
11-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I said. I'm tired of this "he has to guard the best opposing perimeter player" narrative too. They obviously need him to guard the big wings, but Green can handle most guards and should, to alleviate some of the burden. Simmons is a lesser option to do the same.

Yeah that exactly happened against the Clips in '15 & OKC '16 when Danny was getting blowtorched by CP3/KD.:rolleyes

Simmons::lmao

TD 21
11-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Yeah that exactly happened against the Clips in '15 & OKC '16 when Danny was getting blowtorched by CP3/KD.:rolleyes

Simmons::lmao

So what? They're two of the best players in the world; it happens. He's still a credible option to defend them.

Simmons isn't, but at least has the physical tools to do so.

The point is, outside of big wings, they don't have to have Leonard defend the best opposing perimeter player at all times.

Kawhitstorm
11-08-2016, 06:17 PM
So what? They're two of the best players in the world; it happens. He's still a credible option to defend them.

Danny couldn't guard WestBrick & Patty did a better job on ReDick than Danny when Kawhi was on the bench. Let's not act like Danny is to Kawhi what Pippen was to Jordan b/c Pippen was a better defender than Jordan. Even Artest alleviated a lot of defensive pressure from Kirby by taking on the primary option after Kirby got flambeed by Pierce/Ray Allen in the '08 Finals.

Simmons isn't, but at least has the physical tools to do so.

Dude isn't even an average on-ball defender.:lol

The point is, outside of big wings, they don't have to have Leonard defend the best opposing perimeter player at all times.

After being unleashed from the shackles of Kawhi, WestBrick looked like the best player in the world for the first 4 games of the WCF against Mr. "Best 2-Way player" Klay Thompson before OKC choked away the series. WestBrick is the most physically demanding PG to defend & Kawhi did it for basically 40 minutes a night while being asked to work just as hard on the other end.

TD 21
11-08-2016, 06:25 PM
Danny couldn't guard WestBrick & Patty did a better job on ReDick than Danny when Kawhi was on the bench. Let's not act like Danny is to Kawhi what Pippen was to Jordan b/c Pippen was a better defender than Jordan. Even Artest alleviated a lot of defensive pressure from Kirby by taking on the primary option after Kirby got flambeed by Pierce/Ray Allen in the '08 Finals.

Dude isn't even an average on-ball defender.:lol

After being unleashed from the shackles of Kawhi, WestBrick looked like the best player in the world for the first 4 games of the WCF against Mr. "Best 2-Way player" Klay Thompson before OKC choked away the series. WestBrick is the most physically demanding PG to defend & Kawhi did it for basically 40 minutes a night while being asked to work just as hard on the other end.

Again, cherry picking certain match-ups and instances within' them. I'm saying, in general, Green is a credible option to defend the majority of top opposing guards.

You're missing the point: I'm not saying Simmons is a good defender, I'm saying he's physically capable of being able to get by in short bursts.

Westbrook is an anomaly. His combination of size and especially strength is such that he damn near counts as a wing, since he's too physically superior for most point guards.

Kawhitstorm
11-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Again, cherry picking certain match-ups and instances within' them.

How is it cherry picking when you are referring to those SPECIFIC series to criticize Kawhi?:lol

I'm saying, in general, Green is a credible option to defend the majority of top opposing guards
Except he couldn't during the past two postseasons.:wakeup

You're missing the point: I'm not saying Simmons is a good defender, I'm saying he's physically capable of being able to get by in short bursts.
Except he was a disaster in the regular season that he didn't even get a tick in the postseason.:wakeup

Westbrook is an anomaly. His combination of size and especially strength is such that he damn near counts as a wing, since he's too physically superior for most point guards.

Kawhi held that beast down as much as any could possible do for a series. LeBron at his PEAK was getting circles run around him by Rondo:

N90C-mdaVzQ

TD 21
11-09-2016, 06:52 PM
How is it cherry picking when you are referring to those SPECIFIC series to criticize Kawhi?:lol

Except he couldn't during the past two postseasons.:wakeup

Except he was a disaster in the regular season that he didn't even get a tick in the postseason.:wakeup

Kawhi held that beast down as much as any could possible do for a series. LeBron at his PEAK was getting circles run around him by Rondo:

N90C-mdaVzQ

Because outside of that farce of a series versus the Grizzlies, they're the only 2 other series where Leonard was the best player on the team.

Green, on the other hand, has been a credible defender for over a half decade.

What does that have to do with Simmons having the physical tools for it (again, in spot minutes)? As a rookie and with Pop's preference for Anderson, the only way he was going to be in the playoff rotation was if he played out of his mind.

Like I said, Westbrook is an anomaly. Size and strength isn't necessarily required to defend the other elite point guards.

tholdren
11-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Well, you know the haters.

#2 on PER in last playoffs with 28.6

Just one game and they like "he will disappear come playoff time" :lol

http://i.imgur.com/7qpp73L.jpg
'But but he fails in playoffs'
You're an idiot. He's never led any Spurs team to any series win. And yes Im including his finals MVP.

Kawhitstorm
11-10-2016, 02:23 AM
Because outside of that farce of a series versus the Grizzlies, they're the only 2 other series where Leonard was the best player on the team.

You mean to tell me the sample size is too small, thanks.:toast

YGWHI
11-10-2016, 02:29 AM
You're an idiot. He's never led any Spurs team to any series win. And yes Im including his finals MVP.

I just posted his numbers, those numbers look really good...As far as I know, you're the idiot here.

TheGreatYacht
11-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Spurs are in the middle of a 6 game in 10 night stretch..

Is it me or has Kawhi's shot looked a little flat these last few games? Don't know if he's tired, but if he is, then this upcoming back-to-back against Orlando and Dallas would be a good time to give him some rest IMO. Would give him 5 days off until his next game.

Head of the Snake, :lma, and MVPau can hold it down

Raven
11-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Kawhi has been fairly shitty defensively, it's sad really. Hopefully they can get over the hump soon, because that defensive rating is awful

11-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Spurs are in the middle of a 6 game in 10 night stretch..

Is it me or has Kawhi's shot looked a little flat these last few games? Don't know if he's tired, but if he is, then this upcoming back-to-back against Orlando and Dallas would be a good time to give him some rest IMO. Would give him 5 days off until his next game.

Head of the Snake, :lma, and MVPau can hold it downImagine if he actually played 37-38 mpg like every other superstar :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-27-2016, 10:56 AM
Imagine if he actually played 37-38 mpg like every other superstar :lol
Spurs keep fooling around with these lottery teams, and we're going to find out lol