PDA

View Full Version : Spurs/Pop hint complaints of early schedule..

coachmac87
11-06-2016, 09:30 AM
I know this team doesn't give out excuses and even the players (Lee, Kawhi) said it can't be used as one.. Pop and the players have admitted this early stretch has been tough. Not sure how our Schneider holds up with other teams in NBA but it seems everybody is looking forward for this 4 day rest.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-antonio-spurs/post/_/id/1103/spurs-welcome-four-day-rest-after-24-point-shellacking-at-home

SPURt
11-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Didn't they front load the schedule last year too? The Spurs have 6 more B2B games before Jan., then 5 over the remainder of the season. I kind of prefer the Spurs get through the worst of their schedule earlier rather than in March/April. At least the Spurs aren't getting blown out by the Lakers during this time.

TheDoctor
11-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Didn't they front load the schedule last year too? The Spurs have 6 more B2B games before Jan., then 5 over the remainder of the season. I kind of prefer the Spurs get through the worst of their schedule earlier rather than in March/April. At least the Spurs aren't getting blown out by the Lakers during this time.

Also the Spurs have a nice stretch of home games to end the Season (16 of the last 24 games are at home iirc).

SPURt
11-06-2016, 12:59 PM
That's even better! Thanks for pointing that out! I'm glad the Spurs have the opportunity to better manage their players heading into the playoffs

DMC
11-06-2016, 01:05 PM
It needs to be spread out. Otherwise Pop is going to sandbag the 1st half of the season by resting key players. Having these all lumped together creates more chances for injury and fatigue, and that's what Pop is bemoaning.