PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, NetFlix

Capt Bringdown
11-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Netflix: the place where shitty movies go to die...except that they don't die, and I have to scroll through miles of shit in order to find something remotely watchable. I do like some of their original content, but it's just not worth it anymore.
I think this company has lost the plot.

Spurminator
11-06-2016, 12:12 PM
I think it's better than it's ever been. But to each his own.

UZER
11-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Do a search

Bender
11-06-2016, 12:50 PM
I rarely watch movies on Nf, some of the series on there are excellent though

BD24
11-06-2016, 12:53 PM
I think it's better than it's ever been. But to each his own.
This. They are pumping out originals at a great rate and most of their originals are quality shit

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2016, 05:53 PM
I can see the quality series from networks decreasing, just like what happened to their movie library. Every individual network wants a slice of that money and i can see them just offering streaming services of their own.

TimDunkem
11-06-2016, 06:24 PM
There are a lot of good movies on there and the shows they're pumping out are getting better and better. It used to be much worse.

DMC
11-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Netflix is going to be on par with HBO pretty soon. Amazon is up there as well.

DJR210
11-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Hello, Kodi

TheyCallMePro
11-07-2016, 01:18 AM
It's called RAR.BG just download any movie or show you want from there for free.

Seriously, it's like some of you don't even live in the 21st century. You guys still pay for Netflix?

Wild Cobra
11-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Netflix: the place where shitty movies go to die...except that they don't die, and I have to scroll through miles of shit in order to find something remotely watchable. I do like some of their original content, but it's just not worth it anymore.

I like it that they have so many movies. My problem is they don't have the newer ones I want to watch, and they want me to get a second subscription to get those ones.

TDMVPDPOY
11-07-2016, 03:55 AM
most of the networks to busy putting out reality shows or grabbing shit or giving shit to yt videos

UNT Eagles 2016
11-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Alluc >>>>>>

lefty
11-07-2016, 11:36 AM
Their current UI is shit, but otherwise Netflix is fine tbh

DJR210
11-07-2016, 12:25 PM
The Wookie has a convenient Netflix section under Exodus

Xevious
11-07-2016, 02:34 PM
The fact that people still complain about an $8 subscription service that puts out as much original content as they do now, while paying probably ten times that for cable is mind boggling.

Chris
11-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Speaking of Netflix they added Dead Set which I highly recommend to a zombie enthusiast. It was rare at one point coming from the U.K. and only available on torrent for years. The zombies are much more terrifying since they can run and scream like the revamped Dawn of the Dead zombies. Everything happens on a big brother set which makes the characters hilariously dense and totally selfish. Highly recommend subtitles since the English love to mutter words under their breath.

Reck
11-07-2016, 03:04 PM
I rarely watch movies on there.

But the movies they do get are solid. You're talking like they only have b-list movies or something.

Just in my watch again list I have a few golden standard movies like The Gladiator, Nightcrawler, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (The original trilogy), Pulp Fiction, Goodwill Hunting, and The Road to just name a few.

Go watch Melancholia and Mr. Nobody on there. Two hidden gems.

Darth_Pelican
11-07-2016, 03:56 PM
1 month costs the same price as a McDonald's value meal. I don't understand what more you should expect from a streaming service that provides lots of quality original series and content for $8 per month.

Chris
11-07-2016, 04:00 PM
I will say it again ITT if you haven't watched The Last Kingdom on Netflix you are missing out big time!

Chucho
11-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Good lord is Netflix awful. Hulu is no better and between the two and all of the movie channels on DirecTV, there isn't a damn bit of entertainment on any of them. I don't watch series', especially faggy medival time ones.

If it wasn't for them saving Trailer Park Boys, I'd have no time or concern for Netflix. They were soooooooo much better back in 2010ish.

Chucho
11-07-2016, 05:26 PM
1 month costs the same price as a McDonald's value meal. I don't understand what more you should expect from a streaming service that provides lots of quality original series and content for $8 per month.

9.99 is what I pay when they jacked prices up 3 years ago. How the hell do you only pay $8? I want my $1.99 back every month.

DJR210
11-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Netflix will be 20 bucks before you know it.. they keep hiking up the prices every year or so, not to mention the government is trying to cash in too with proposed "Netflix Taxes"

Reck
11-07-2016, 05:40 PM
I only started paying 10 bucks a few months ago. Old members had a grace period of like 2 years before prices were up for us too.

Chucho
11-07-2016, 05:46 PM
I only started paying 10 bucks a few months ago. Old members had a grace period of like 2 years before prices were up for us too.

I've been a subscriber since 2008, I was never given a grace period, just an email saying, "Hey Fucko, you're paying $1.99 more per month and the quality of programming we provide is going right into the shitter."

I want my $1.99 back for the last X amount of months.

DMC
11-07-2016, 10:29 PM
If you're an Amazon Prime member (I am for business purposes), you can watch a shit ton of stuff on there. I recently watched "Glitch", about some dead people who came back to life. It's an Aussie series and I expected it to be shit but it was actually pretty decent, considering.

vander
11-07-2016, 11:12 PM

well, there are a lot of shitty movies, that's not netflix's fault. its kind of mind boggling how many shitty movies there are. so many people going to work every day to create terrible unwatchable movies...

Nbadan
11-08-2016, 02:28 AM
I don't understand why Netflix users haven't just switched to Kodi..but to each his own IMO...

UZER
11-08-2016, 05:07 AM
I rarely watch movies on there.

But the movies they do get are solid. You're talking like they only have b-list movies or something.

Just in my watch again list I have a few golden standard movies like The Gladiator, Nightcrawler, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (The original trilogy), Pulp Fiction, Goodwill Hunting, and The Road to just name a few.

Go watch Melancholia and Mr. Nobody on there. Two hidden gems.

I gave Mr. Nobody a go. Just couldn't push through. Wasn't bad, just lost interest. Maybe I'll give it a second chance.

Xevious
11-08-2016, 07:34 AM
If you're an Amazon Prime member (I am for business purposes), you can watch a shit ton of stuff on there. I recently watched "Glitch", about some dead people who came back to life. It's an Aussie series and I expected it to be shit but it was actually pretty decent, considering.

It's on Netflix as well.

Reck
11-08-2016, 10:00 AM
I gave Mr. Nobody a go. Just couldn't push through. Wasn't bad, just lost interest. Maybe I'll give it a second chance.

It's a long movie. It started out rather slow but it gets better.

Spur|n|Austin
11-08-2016, 02:24 PM
It's about the series' not the movies. Maybe they should make different types of subscriptions?

We only watch the documentaries and series'.

DMX7
11-08-2016, 05:07 PM

I really want to see the new Grand Tour series with the old Top Gear crew.

SpursforSix
11-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Amazon Prime is damn solid. Especially with the free Audible books and free two day shipping.

chunticakes
11-09-2016, 09:42 AM
Amazon Prime is damn solid. Especially with the free Audible books and free two day shipping.

How do I watch shit on Amazon?

SpursforSix
11-09-2016, 09:46 AM
How do I watch shit on Amazon?

Just go to amazon.com and in the search box, type in whatever you want to watch. A few seconds after you hit "search", it'll start playing.

Captivus
11-09-2016, 09:55 AM
It's about the series' not the movies. Maybe they should make different types of subscriptions?

We only watch the documentaries and series'.

Exactly...

Altough as a movie fan I have to say, most people (99%) dont like watching old movies regardless of how good they are, which is plain stupid. Those people rather watch a new movie recorded with a cellphone from the movie theather.
If you are one of those, than yes, Netflix is not for you.

gambit1990
11-10-2016, 02:52 PM
does netflix have an option to remove titles you will never watch?

SpursforSix
11-10-2016, 04:48 PM
does netflix have an option to remove titles you will never watch?

Yep. I think you have to do it on the website though. All you just have to enter in all the titles of the movies you're not going to watch.

UZER
11-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Yep. I think you have to do it on the website though. All you just have to enter in all the titles of the movies you're not going to watch.

:lol