PDA

View Full Version : The Blake Griffin And One

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 01:19 PM
That play that Mills fouls Blake at about the top of the key; Blake seriously takes about 5 or 6 steps. Sh** reffing.

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Maybe as few as four steps; still sh**, though.

Obstructed_View
11-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Looked that way in real time. The replay showed that he didn't travel.

DeRozan m8
11-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Ref's were fucking horrid last night.

Clippers are a bunch of floppers too... You can tell they'll never win a championship by the way they conduct themselves and play... Bunch of losers.

They just had a lucky night and we played terrible.

That stretch of putting up all those mid range bricks...

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Looked that way in real time. The replay showed that he didn't travel.

You should recheck that, tbh.

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Ref's were fucking horrid last night.

Clippers are a bunch of floppers too... You can tell they'll never win a championship by the way they conduct themselves and play... Bunch of losers.

They just had a lucky night and we played terrible.

That stretch of putting up all those mid range bricks...

Spurs played like dog sh**. I'm not trying to make excuses for that. Though, plays like that that give a team 3 pts and a huge momentum play don't help either. Refs are paid way too much to be doing a sh** job. And how about that play that went M'bout What's his face. It was obvious. Even M'bout was walking the other way. If you have three officials on the floor, blown easy calls should not be the norm.

Obstructed_View
11-06-2016, 02:00 PM
You should recheck that, tbh.

I'm not the one who felt strongly enough about it to start a thread. :lol

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm not the one who felt strongly enough about it to start a thread. :lol

Even in the started late slow mo replay at the end, I assuredly count at least four steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eomhBaAx7M8

Side note: Looks like Reddick may have hacked the sh** out of Simmons to start that fast break too.

dbestpro
11-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Games really look bad throughout the NBA. Moving screens and traveling seem to be back in style for the swallowed whistle. Sports just sucks on so many levels these days. Its like some script writer from 1960 sitcoms took over.

elemento
11-06-2016, 02:16 PM
to me the worst call was a foul on Lee during a rebound. (on Speights if I remember correctly). Call was absolutely horrendous.

Pop got mad, we got a tech and instead of scoring an easy bucket off a transition play, The Clips got 3 points and all the momentum back.

It's the typical "small" foul that changes the entire course of the match and nobody remembers.

Chris
11-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Refs were bad but we sure as hell didn't do ourselves any favors. Pop gave up early with his questionable lineups because we didn't have a proper point guard to run the team.

JohnnyMax
11-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Not a travel... He took a gather step and two steps

sasaint
11-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Games really look bad throughout the NBA. Moving screens and traveling seem to be back in style for the swallowed whistle. Sports just sucks on so many levels these days. Its like some script writer from 1960 sitcoms took over.

During his inexplicably long tenure as commissioner, David Stern completely sacrificed the sport of basketball on the altar of entertainment. Some players are more favored, and some know how to really take advantage of the state of officiating. Not likely to ever reverse course. It is what it is... unfortunately.

sasaint
11-06-2016, 02:27 PM
to me the worst call was a foul on Lee during a rebound. (on Speights if I remember correctly). Call was absolutely horrendous.

Pop got mad, we got a tech and instead of scoring an easy bucket off a transition play, The Clips got 3 points and all the momentum back.

It's the typical "small" foul that changes the entire course of the match and nobody remembers.

Not so "small" but you're exactly right. :tu

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 02:29 PM

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Not a travel... He took a gather step and two steps

:lmao

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 02:30 PM
During his inexplicably long tenure as commissioner, David Stern completely sacrificed the sport of basketball on the altar of entertainment. Some players are more favored, and some know how to really take advantage of the state of officiating. Not likely to ever reverse course. It is what it is... unfortunately.

RD2191
11-06-2016, 02:40 PM
OP IS A FAGGOT

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 02:52 PM
OP IS A FAGGOT

Tough talk from a whiny little bitch who needs safe space. :lmao

szkorhetz
11-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Even as a European, I am fine with this, no travel.

DeRozan m8
11-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Yeah that Lee rebound was the worst decision I've seen in a bit...everything just went their way.

Fuck i hate the clippers players.
Don't even hate their franchise, just their stupid floppy, shit players and their stupid fucking dopey faces

spurtech09
11-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Spurs struggled last night and they pretty much looked tired too as well but yeah the Refs were awful......

Spurtacular
11-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Even as a European, I am fine with this, no travel.

Well if you want people to run in without dribbling from the college three, then that's what you want.

kobyz
11-07-2016, 06:37 AM
Gather step, it's allow in th nba...

GSH
11-07-2016, 07:09 AM
Gather step, it's allow in th nba...

Tim took a gather step (or two) nearly every time he caught the damn ball. Used to make me crazy that the refs allowed it. I'm funny that way.

Still, the OP's point is that the shi**y refs cost the Spurs that game. It's a really shi**y point, since the Spurs played like sh** on both ends of the floor. Sadly, he really believes that sh**.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2016, 07:57 AM
Even in the started late slow mo replay at the end, I assuredly count at least four steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eomhBaAx7M8

Side note: Looks like Reddick may have hacked the sh** out of Simmons to start that fast break too.

Then you really fucking suck at counting. He took two steps after he picked up his dribble, which is perfectly legal in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
11-07-2016, 07:58 AM

Watched the LA feed of that game, and their announcers were pissed off about that call. :lol

Spurtacular
11-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Still, the OP's point is that the shi**y refs cost the Spurs that game. It's a really shi**y point, since the Spurs played like sh** on both ends of the floor. Sadly, he really believes that sh**.

Learn how to read. That was not the OP's point.

Spurtacular
11-07-2016, 01:01 PM
OP IS A FAGGOT

:lol Safe space poster still trying to talk sh**.

Spurtacular
11-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Then you really fucking suck at counting. He took two steps after he picked up his dribble, which is perfectly legal in the NBA.

Pause it and you'll see he's stepping right as he stops the dribble. Some are calling that an allowable "gather step." Dunno about that; but should we not count that one, it is three steps after that. It's a travel; and it's not even debatable.

NameLess Scrub
11-07-2016, 01:12 PM
It is no secret the Clippers are whiny floppers who like to put pressure on the refs until they get calls, and also, love the mid range chucking.

That's like textbook for beating the Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
11-07-2016, 01:19 PM
I didn't watch the game, but I'm really, really, really stunned that anyone would think that a game officiated by Ed Malloy was poorly officiated.

Stunned, I say.

Phenomanul
11-07-2016, 01:59 PM
I didn't watch the game, but I'm really, really, really stunned that anyone would think that a game officiated by Ed Malloy was poorly officiated.

Stunned, I say.

:lmao

Obstructed_View
11-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Pause it and you'll see he's stepping right as he stops the dribble. Some are calling that an allowable "gather step." Dunno about that; but should we not count that one, it is three steps after that. It's a travel; and it's not even debatable.

Except that it isn't, at best it's two steps, and everybody who has ever watched a basketball game knows that's not a travel. But whatever. That "bad call" is the reason the Spurs lost by 24 points. :lol

kaji157
11-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Per NBA rules i see no traveling.

"When ending his dribble a player may use a two count rhythm in coming to a stop, passing or shooting."

Spurtacular
11-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Except that it isn't, at best it's two steps, and everybody who has ever watched a basketball game knows that's not a travel. But whatever. That "bad call" is the reason the Spurs lost by 24 points. :lol

I clearly see three step even after the gather step. Watch the replay and see (pause to count the steps). If you don't see it, I can't help you.

GSH
11-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Learn how to read. That was not the OP's point.

Of course it was. "If only the refs hadn't screwed us and taken the momentum..." HarlemHeat should be glad, though, because you just took the lead for the most pussified post of the year.

If the Spurs had played well, and gotten jobbed by the refs, maybe. Weak, but I've gone there. But that was just a pathetic performance. They were out of sync on both ends of the floor, and the Clippers just dominated. There's no reason to zero in on that one play. The sad thing is, you picked an example that isn't even an travel in the NBA.

Honestly, the main reason I paid any attention to your lame-assed thread is that I thought the "new ownership" must have implemented a censor, when I saw you keep saying "sh**". Here's news for you, dumbass. Everybody knows you mean "shit". You may not have typed it, but you made everyone else say it in their heads.

GSH
11-07-2016, 10:05 PM

Stunned, I say.

That particular game could have been officiated by Stevie Wonder, and it would have come out the same. The Spurs got curb-stomped. Not like the Utah game where the Jass were just hitting a lot of shots. The Spurs just got whipped by the Clips. Bad night, lot of season left - but that night, the Clippers were just the better team.

Spurtacular
11-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Of course it was. "If only the refs hadn't screwed us and taken the momentum..." HarlemHeat should be glad, though, because you just took the lead for the most pussified post of the year.

If the Spurs had played well, and gotten jobbed by the refs, maybe. Weak, but I've gone there. But that was just a pathetic performance. They were out of sync on both ends of the floor, and the Clippers just dominated. There's no reason to zero in on that one play. The sad thing is, you picked an example that isn't even an travel in the NBA.

Honestly, the main reason I paid any attention to your lame-assed thread is that I thought the "new ownership" must have implemented a censor, when I saw you keep saying "sh**". Here's news for you, dumbass. Everybody knows you mean "shit". You may not have typed it, but you made everyone else say it in their heads.

Of course it wasn't, dickhead. Did you see any whining in the OP about how the refs cost us the damn game? Nay. And I haven't even reviewed the OP to confirm b/c I know exactly what was going through my mind at the time. My point was that there is no excuse to not make that call and that the league just insults its fan base with that sh**.

Now, when another poster said later that that and other calls f'd with momentum, I didn't disagree. But I also said the Spurs played like sh**, so I wasn't being some bitter asshole that you want to pretend I was being. Are you just trolling, or do you just bother with f'ing facts?

And even by NBA standards, that was an extra step more than what they allow the super stars (in many cases at least). But I won't quivel over whether that's "sad". Sh** should be called; it was blatant. You allow a guy to take four steps from the fucking top of the key and of course he's gonna get the and one for fuck's sake. You're like a frog in the boiling water though; you've been too desensitized to this sh**.

You're spiel on sh** is amusing, but doesn't really move the needle, tbh.

Obstructed_View
11-08-2016, 04:52 AM
I clearly see three step even after the gather step. Watch the replay and see (pause to count the steps). If you don't see it, I can't help you.

Since nobody is agreeing with you on this, yet you still persist with it, I assume you just need attention. You should ask your mom to set out some clean clothes for you so you can go outside, tbh.

Austin_Toros
11-08-2016, 06:55 AM
I think OP is right, and technically it is a travel.

Spurtacular
11-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Since nobody is agreeing with you on this, yet you still persist with it, I assume you just need attention. You should ask your mom to set out some clean clothes for you so you can go outside, tbh.

W/E

Spurtacular
11-08-2016, 07:06 PM
I think OP is right, and technically it is a travel.

A little something for the bitches.