PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Axl Rose, Shillary haters, Bernie Bros and red teamers in general...

ElNono
11-08-2016, 11:17 PM
I know we have a few in here, tbh... niglets been waiting for this for a long time...

Time to pop open the champagne and make 'Murica great again, tbh...

Chinook
11-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Fuck the people who didn't vote for Bernie because he was "unelectable". Everyone was electable against Trump. Instead, the Democrats tried to play this on hard mode by nominating Clinton. Ridiculous.

ElNono
11-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Fuck the people who didn't vote for Bernie because he was "unelectable". Everyone was electable against Trump. Instead, the Democrats tried to play this on hard mode by nominating Clinton. Ridiculous.

shit was rigged anyways...

Chris
11-08-2016, 11:24 PM
E7oMBq1vkCM

Th'Pusher
11-08-2016, 11:35 PM
That's bullshit. African Americans put her over the top in a bunch of red states she'd never win in the general. Irrespective of the DNC's thumb on the scales, she would have won the nomination. It had nothing to do with pragmatic democrats voting their head vs their heart.

spurraider21
11-08-2016, 11:49 PM
:lmao Th'Slurper pushing trump to the presidency

boutons_deux
11-08-2016, 11:52 PM
make 'Murica great again, tbh...

That was and will always be a LIE. The 1% will get "greater", the 99% will get fucked.

Chinook
11-08-2016, 11:52 PM
That's bullshit. African Americans put her over the top in a bunch of red states she'd never win in the general. Irrespective of the DNC's thumb on the scales, she would have won the nomination. It had nothing to do with pragmatic democrats voting their head vs their heart.

You're talking to a black man in a red state. Believe me, I know. But you keep hearing -- even now -- that it's fine that Bernie was pushed out because "he was never going to win anyway". Same people who didn't know how unelectable Clinton was. I'm not nearly as sad as every one else. We'll be fine. We'll be stupid for four years, but we'll be fine. Just don't get us into any wars.

ElNono
11-08-2016, 11:53 PM
That was and will always be a LIE. The 1% will get "greater", the 99% will get fucked.

you should consider the viability of suicide, tbh...

boutons_deux
11-08-2016, 11:54 PM

you should go fuck yourself

What personally will you get out of the Repugs fucking America for the foreseeable future?

ElNono
11-08-2016, 11:58 PM

What personally will you get out of the Repugs fucking America for the foreseeable future?

go on, let it all out... tell us how you really feel :lol

Spurminator
11-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Bernie lost legitimately to Clinton but I do think he would have done better against Trump. Both anti-establishment, both representing change and populism, one much more likable than the other.

florige
11-09-2016, 12:03 AM
How could this happen? Every pollster wrong?

Chinook
11-09-2016, 12:11 AM
Bernie lost legitimately to Clinton but I do think he would have done better against Trump. Both anti-establishment, both representing change and populism, one much more likable than the other.

Yeah, Trump's winning off trade deals. Bernie was against those, too. So the fact that he didn't hate women probably gives him the victory. But the Dems got cocky and pissed on the people who voted for Obama by nominating Clinton. They deserve it.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Yeah, Trump's winning off trade deals. Bernie was against those, too. So the fact that he didn't hate women probably gives him the victory. But the Dems got cocky and pissed on the people who voted for Obama by nominating Clinton. They deserve it.

They fucked up thinking minorities would show up and vote for the bitch.

Killakobe81
11-09-2016, 12:15 AM
It's over ...women did not support her the way most expected delivery and Latinos didn't exert any political power ...
Congrats to conservatives ...hope you enjoy the shit show we will be facing.
Hillary choked harder than okc and gstate combined...

Chinook
11-09-2016, 12:16 AM
They fucked up thinking minorities would show up and vote for the bitch.

Sure as shit came out to vote her over Bernie. I think the candidates in four years will be pretty good -- better than they would have been in eight years coming off a Clinton administration. Dems needed to get less establishment anyway. Obama showed them they were just a bunch of loser in 2008. They just didn't learn their lesson for some reason. They'll learn it now.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 12:17 AM
"Trump's winning off trade deals"

he won't do shit about NAFTA, no factories back to USA, and he will sign TPP/TTIP, etc, etc.

He won't bring a single job back to America, and Repugs, tax cuts create jobs, right?, created almost no jobs 2000-2008.

And Repugs will cut welfare for the 10Ms of white people in the Repug base on public assistance, raise retirement age to 70, and kill Medicare, block grant Medicaid to the states that will hose those $Bs to BigCorp, not to poor people's health care.

All BigCorp consolidations will be waved through, no anti-trust suits, and Internet will be multi-laned, just like BigOperators want, so we'll pay more to stream anything.

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2016, 12:17 AM

bend over, bitch.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 12:23 AM

he won't do shit about NAFTA, no factories back to USA, and he will sign TPP/TTIP, etc, etc.

He won't bring a single job back to America, and Repugs, tax cuts create jobs, right?, created almost no jobs 2000-2008.

And Repugs will cut welfare for the 10Ms of white people in the Repug base on public assistance, raise retirement age to 70, and kill Medicare, block grant Medicaid to the states that will hose those $Bs to BigCorp, not to poor people's health care.

All BigCorp consolidations will be waved through, no anti-trust suits, and Internet will be multi-laned, just like BigOperators want, so we'll pay more to stream anything.

Dude, you're done. Come back in four years when we can get a better candidate in there.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 12:30 AM
Dude, you're done. Come back in four years when we can get a better candidate in there.

dude, I'm not done, but America is fucked and unfuckable. Trash is gonna be in for 8 years, and the VRWC SCOTUS will be 6-3 for decades.

This ain't a fucking football game.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 12:31 AM
dude, I'm not done, but America is fucked and unfuckable. Trash is gonna be in for 8 years, and the VRWC SCOTUS will be 6-3 for decades.

This ain't a fucking football game.

Still done. And you should rethink your strategy for the next match. The spamming of articles from the liberal echo chamber obviously didn't work.

pgardn
11-09-2016, 12:37 AM
I know we have a few in here, tbh... niglets been waiting for this for a long time...

You need to run for office ya GD diplomat.

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 12:38 AM

What personally will you get out of the Repugs fucking America for the foreseeable future?colorado allows assisted suicide, booboo. sleep on it

Warlord23
11-09-2016, 12:46 AM
Ideological differences aside, I guess the voters instinctively realize that both parties have sold out to global corporations. When Bernie exited, they had noone else to turn to but Trump, even if he was a blatant con artist. Both parties need to get themselves out of the collective rectums of corporations and lobbyists and figure out how they really want to represent their voters.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 12:51 AM
Ideological differences aside, I guess the voters instinctively realize that both parties have sold out to global corporations. When Bernie exited, they had noone else to turn to but Trump, even if he was a blatant con artist. Both parties need to get themselves out of the collective rectums of corporations and lobbyists and figure out how they really want to represent their voters.

Exactly. And both sides need to get out of the business of protecting themselves over doing their jobs. Too many safe districts and returning politicians.

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 12:52 AM
politicians take bribes, so i guess we just decided to cut the middleman and elect the guy who brags about having bribed politicians

FkLA
11-09-2016, 12:55 AM
Bernie 2020 tbh

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 12:56 AM
want to represent their voters.

bullshit. America is a corporatocracy, oligarchy, kleptocracy, and there's no reversing it. It will only get much, much worse as the Repugs fuck it all up on behalf of BigMoney.

how about all the national parks privatized, all federal lands given to red states to be sold off, exploited. Those are ALL VRWC/BigCorp/capitalist objectives. And there's no stopping them now.

DPG21920
11-09-2016, 12:58 AM

:lmao

Warlord23
11-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Sadly, I don't think Trump realizes the frustration of the people who backed him despite his flaws. I just hope he uses the next 4 years to do something other than inflating his ego while turning over the country to Pence and Newt.

DPG21920
11-09-2016, 01:05 AM
bullshit. America is a corporatocracy, oligarchy, kleptocracy, and there's no reversing it. It will only get much, much worse as the Repugs fuck it all up on behalf of BigMoney.

how about all the national parks privatized, all federal lands given to red states to be sold off, exploited. Those are ALL VRWC/BigCorp/capitalist objectives. And there's no stopping them now.

By saying "get worse" you realize you are implying your shitty party was bad as well. So why would people keep voting for the same damn thing?

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 01:21 AM
By saying "get worse" you realize you are implying your shitty party was bad as well. So why would people keep voting for the same damn thing?

the Trash voters ARE going to get the "same damn thing", NOTHING. Watch the Repugs cut welfare that 10Ms of rural white Trash voters depend on.

Nbadan
11-09-2016, 01:28 AM
Sadly, I don't think Trump realizes the frustration of the people who backed him despite his flaws. I just hope he uses the next 4 years to do something other than inflating his ego while turning over the country to Pence and Newt.

it's gonna be interesting, that's for sure........most of the GOP is pro-trade, but trump is winning the rust belt based on his anti global trade deals stance...

Nbadan
11-09-2016, 01:30 AM

TBH this is exactly what many progressive said would happen when Clinton ousted Bernie...

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 01:54 AM
Thanks op, at least you're a good sport. We couldn't elect a satanic pedophile to the highest office in the land. Praise the lord

Mikeanaro
11-09-2016, 02:14 AM
Shillary hater here :tu
´Murica deserves better than a corrupt chipmunk, tbh.

Th'Pusher
11-09-2016, 06:45 AM
:lmao Th'Slurper pushing trump to the presidency
I didn't vote for Hilary in the primary.

Mal
11-09-2016, 06:57 AM

You couldn`t just go out to public and say you vote Trump, because you`d called racist right away. Meanwhile the voting itself is very anonymous.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 07:08 AM
You couldn`t just go out to public and say you vote Trump, because you`d called racist right away. Meanwhile the voting itself is very anonymous.

Yep. If the term "reluctant majority" isn't a term yet, it will be.

florige
11-09-2016, 07:24 AM
The Trump supporters here are not too bad. Screw Hater and his jinx post though. Lol

florige
11-09-2016, 07:26 AM

Clearly! I was under the impression Obama's
High approval rating would carry her to victory. I was way wrong on that notion. Sheeesh

Chinook
11-09-2016, 07:38 AM
I am pretty fine with the GOP getting this election. I just wish that we would have been able to see Obama's plans first. There was so much stupid obstructionism that it's almost like we don't even know what we voted against. The Dems are talking about filibustering almost every piece of legislation. If that's how they feel, I hope the Repubs finally nuke that.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 07:48 AM
The Dems don't have the balls, the nihilist craziness to be strict obstructionists.

Go look at the 50 planks in the Repug platform. There's no stopping them now.

And the Repugs will fuck up SCOTUS so badly with Scalia/Thomas extremists, then launch a ton of lawsuits (stuff like C-U, Hobby Lobby, etc) that go up to that SCOTUS to become "settled law".

rmt
11-09-2016, 07:57 AM

Thanks, ElNono, that was a mighty bumpy ride. There's no time to waste on celebrating - let's fix the problems.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Thanks, ElNono, that was a mighty bumpy ride. There's no time to waste on celebrating - let's fix the problems.

Repugs won't fix problems for the 99%.

Look at their legislative output, federal and state, for the past 6 or so years.

What problems did they solve?

And what problems do you think there are and that the Repugs will fix?

Chinook
11-09-2016, 08:03 AM

Still, you were a nice bellwether. Definitely knew that Trump wasn't going to be able to alienate enough people to swing the election. You point blank asked me about whether people would vote on their minority status over issues like the economy, and I was wrong.

But yeah, let's fix the problems. I hope we vote for Trump again in four years, since that will almost certainly mean he's done a good job. He's not winning in 2020 off being an outsider.

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2016, 08:03 AM
I loving watching Boo melt down this morning.

Boo, the number is (800) SUICIDE

StrengthAndHonor
11-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Bernie 2020 tbh
If he's still breathing, sure...

z0sa
11-09-2016, 08:11 AM
I didn't vote for Hilary in the primary.

You and a lot of Hillary voters apparently

rmt
11-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Still, you were a nice bellwether. Definitely knew that Trump wasn't going to be able to alienate enough people to swing the election. You point blank asked me about whether people would vote on their minority status over issues like the economy, and I was wrong.

But yeah, let's fix the problems. I hope we vote for Trump again in four years, since that will almost certainly mean he's done a good job. He's not winning in 2020 off being an outsider.

bellwether? - I was out working very hard for the Trump campaign - I practice what I preach to my kids (don't give up, give your best effort). You'd think that you guys would be glad to be rid of me since my opinions are anathema to most - instead I'm hearing bellwether, abandonment, etc - next time I'll give plenty of advance notice (sarcasm) - here - I'll be gone mid Dec to mid Jan when dd comes home.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 09:01 AM
bellwether?

Yes, as in a reliable indicator. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellwether

I should have believed you were more in touch with how your groups felt that I was.

rmt
11-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Repugs won't fix problems for the 99%.

Look at their legislative output, federal and state, for the past 6 or so years.

What problems did they solve?

And what problems do you think there are and that the Repugs will fix?

I'm as disgusted at the Republicans' inaction as you, but you do know that Obama had that little thing called a veto - neither side was interested in working with each other - hopefully that'll change come Jan.

1. Lower the corporate tax rate (so companies won't leave the country) and amnesty (at discount) the trillions parked abroad on the condition that the money creates jobs.
2. Repeal and replace Obamacare with GOP's health plan (https://abetterway.speaker.gov/_assets/pdf/ABetterWay-HealthCare-PolicyPaper.pdf)
3. Lift the rules and regulations handcuffing (small) businesses.
4. Strictly enforce e-verify and severely fine any business that hires illegals - get rid of sanctuary cities.
5. Allow every child to go to any public school within state - stress computer classes from middle school on to prepare for the upcoming technology advances.
6. Training for adults to prepare for upcoming technology advances.

ducks
11-09-2016, 09:14 AM

all within margin of error

Chinook
11-09-2016, 09:17 AM
I'm as disgusted at the Republicans' inaction as you, but you do know that Obama had that little thing called a veto - neither side was interested in working with each other - hopefully that'll change come Jan.

1. Lower the corporate tax rate (so companies won't leave the country) and amnesty (at discount) the trillions parked abroad on the condition that the money creates jobs.
2. Repeal and replace Obamacare with GOP's health plan (https://abetterway.speaker.gov/_assets/pdf/ABetterWay-HealthCare-PolicyPaper.pdf)
3. Lift the rules and regulations handcuffing (small) businesses.
4. Strictly enforce e-verify and severely fine any business that hires illegals - get rid of sanctuary cities.
5. Allow every child to go to any public school within state - stress computer classes from middle school on to prepare for the upcoming technology advances.
6. Training for adults to prepare for upcoming technology advances.

I'm a fan of 6, and I can understand 3 and 4. Willing to try 2, but wary of 1.

But do you really think 5 is practical? Does that come with the state paying for transportation so that every child actually CAN go to any school? Otherwise, don't you think that it gives a massive advantage to kids whose parents have the means to send them to good schools or kids whose families live close enough to good schools? And that doesn't even get into things like quotas.

rmt
11-09-2016, 09:18 AM
Yes, as in a reliable indicator. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellwether

I should have believed you were more in touch with how your groups felt that I was.

Sorry, I thought you were implying sticking around only in good times - not that being a Trump supporter had much good times on this board - gosh, I remember when you all criticizing my continued support of Trump after the video tape was released. I hope you guys didn't pile on ducks too much while I was gone. Wonder where he is.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Sorry, I thought you were implying sticking around only in good times - not that being a Trump supporter had much good times on this board - gosh, I remember when you all criticizing my continued support of Trump after the video tape was released. I hope you guys didn't pile on ducks too much while I was gone. Wonder where he is.

He got plenty of crap, but he was here last night to see us eat crow. Probably in recovery now. As I've been saying since the results came in, the biggest takeaway should be that we all need to get out there and talk to people more, especially those who disagree with us. If we hadn't been so comfortable with our own cliques, it would have been more obvious where the country was on this election.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 09:27 AM

Severely fine? Why not jail?

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 09:33 AM

Repugs don't jail Repugs businessmen and Repug rurals who hire illegals.

Repugs didn't do anything about immigration 2001-2008, and won't do anything now.

Trash's "wall" typifies the Repugs' immigration con job as nothing but an campaign topic

rmt
11-09-2016, 09:33 AM
I'm a fan of 6, and I can understand 3 and 4. Willing to try 2, but wary of 1.

But do you really think 5 is practical? Does that come with the state paying for transportation so that every child actually CAN go to any school? Otherwise, don't you think that it gives a massive advantage to kids whose parents have the means to send them to good schools or kids whose families live close enough to good schools? And that doesn't even get into things like quotas.

Florida will be allowing every child to go to any public school (non-magnet, non-charter) next year. Transportation provided by parents (would be a scheduling nightmare if provided by govt) but it would allow for child going to any school along your way to work or in relatives' neighborhoods or near work. Schools would have to give preference to its own neighborhood kids and if there's space, open up to others. I know it's not ideal but it would give kids/parents SOME choice. Iirc, our kids have free bus/rail pass to get to (magnet) schools - same would apply to these kids.

I would also like to see funds allocated for computer and internet connection for low-income kids who could choose to do online, virtual high and middle school at home.

rmt
11-09-2016, 09:35 AM

That way you get money from them instead of government spending money to house/feed them.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 09:35 AM
"free bus/rail pass"

free? :lol

"school choice" is code word for resegregation, is why it's so popular is slave states.

rmt
11-09-2016, 09:37 AM
He got plenty of crap, but he was here last night to see us eat crow. Probably in recovery now. As I've been saying since the results came in, the biggest takeaway should be that we all need to get out there and talk to people more, especially those who disagree with us. If we hadn't been so comfortable with our own cliques, it would have been more obvious where the country was on this election.

I commend your take on exposure to others' opinions. That's why I'm here - to get the other side and learn - although sometimes it's hard to take the name-calling, insults :-)

rmt
11-09-2016, 09:41 AM
"free bus/rail pass"

free? :lol

"school choice" is code word for resegregation, is why it's so popular is slave states.

why do you say "resegregation"? If you have choice to go to any school (even across county lines), you could go anywhere as long as there's space. Then the schools will be competing for students and bad schools will lose enrollment/money and either shape up or ship out.

We have a magnet school called MAST on Key Biscayne. Kids come from all over the county and they get a Metro-Rail pass to get to a certain location where a bus picks them up and takes them to school. Picking up all over the county - crisscrossing is not practical.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 09:48 AM
That way you get money from them instead of government spending money to house/feed them.

The money will be a slap on the wrist like it always is.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 09:53 AM
why do you say "resegregation"? If you have choice to go to any school (even across county lines), you could go anywhere as long as there's space. Then the schools will be competing for students and bad schools will lose enrollment/money and either shape up or ship out.

you really don't have a clue.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Florida will be allowing every child to go to any public school (non-magnet, non-charter) next year. Transportation provided by parents (would be a scheduling nightmare if provided by govt) but it would allow for child going to any school along your way to work or in relatives' neighborhoods or near work. Schools would have to give preference to its own neighborhood kids and if there's space, open up to others. I know it's not ideal but it would give kids/parents SOME choice. Iirc, our kids have free bus/rail pass to get to (magnet) schools - same would apply to these kids.

I would also like to see funds allocated for computer and internet connection for low-income kids who could choose to do online, virtual high and middle school at home.

As you may remember, education is my top political issue (with healthcare being the only thing that's remotely close), so I'm in favor of disrupting the status quo a bit (and can get behind the remote learning thing for extreme cases).

However, I'm predisposed to panning any measure that doesn't focus on improving the general quality of education for all schools. Austin or maybe Texas at large started something like that Florida is about to do when I was in high school. However the mobility was only available to kids who went to schools that failed to meet the test quotas. I'm not quite sure how it's working out; I had cousins who used their transfers to go to the fine arts magnet school across town, and they didn't do well there.

I went to a high school that was half Gates grants and half "urban" as far as its culture goes. And it was at that tender time when they were still pumping money into the school (they ended up stopping that the year after I graduated), so I got to have a bunch of great opportunities that led to an Ivy League scholarship for and some great universities for a lot of my friends. You don't get the same type of opportunities if you're bused to a school across town with more money but that's harder to make inroads into. You're a JAG there, possibly not finishing near the top of your class, behind trying to make a sports team or club team. Even if that doesn't hurt your college prospects (it does), it makes school life less rewarding.

Maybe the above was just a stupid anecdote. So to restate, for me the questions are these: How do you help the kid who wants or has to make it work where they are; and how do you prevent a situation where the best schools are so competitive that they don't start hurting the students that are middle of the pack there but would stand out at other, less competitive schools?

Chinook
11-09-2016, 10:02 AM
I commend your take on exposure to others' opinions. That's why I'm here - to get the other side and learn - although sometimes it's hard to take the name-calling, insults :-)

Yeah, there are awful people on both sides, and on this side, it's often easier to get away with being awful due to being surrounding by like-minded individuals. People who come with open minds and respectful attitudes should be treated in kind. Hopefully it's easier now that the world-view for many of us is going to have to shift to match the current reality. Somehow, I doubt it will be a smooth process for some.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Bernie stans are almost as delusional as Kobe stans. Americans would sooner vote for an evangelical Bible-thumper, a Muslim, or an atheist than a socialist:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/183713/socialist-presidential-candidates-least-appealing.aspx

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 10:25 AM
Bernie stans are almost as delusional as Kobe stans. Americans would sooner vote for an evangelical Bible-thumper, a Muslim, or an atheist than a socialist:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/183713/socialist-presidential-candidates-least-appealing.aspx

that's because in Americans' total propagandized ignorance, and due to rigthwing bullshit, socialism is defined exclusively as Marxist/Leninist communism, and more recently Chavez' VZ.

Bernie is a democratic socialist, or social democrat.

Canada, Japan, and Western Europe social democracies are much better off, more civilized, more humanitarian than USA's fucked up corporatocracy/oligarchy.

Americans are completely ignorant of "corporate welfare socialism" where taxpayers take all the risks and their $Ts pay for corporate failures, tax avoidance/evasions, bailouts.

And even if Americans really understood how corporate socialism is fleecing them, they couldn't do anything about stopping it. eg, in their ignorance, they vote in a corrupt, failed, tax-evading, pussy grabbing businessman.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 10:26 AM

I think we're well past putting any stock into the idea of "would vote for"

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 10:34 AM
I think we're well past putting any stock into the idea of "would vote for"
The most reliable voters all grew up during the Cold War. It's just common sense - they're not voting for a self-proclaimed socialist who praised Castro, lived on a Communist kibbutz, has a history of being involved in radical-leftist parties, etc.

Don't forget: Bernie was treated with kid gloves by everyone during the primary. He was barely vetted, because Hillary wanted his voters in the general and the GOP wanted to run against him. If he made it that far, the attack ads would have come fast and furious and derailed his campaign.

Mal
11-09-2016, 10:37 AM

Maybe that, but from I can see around the world, people are pissed at this so called minorities wanting approvals and all sort of privileges. Often this doesn`t go with logic, it`s like who shouts most. Normal people, who trully doesn`t care about other reglion, race and being labeled as racists, homophobic etc, because they don`t approve that chase for privileges. And also with internet all around, people are seeing what bullshit media are serving them. Wikileaks also added some fuel to fire. And those pissed people, who can`t say shit publictly (public pollings were dead wrong), because of this labeling, just went to voting booths and elected Trump, voted for Brexit. Germany, France are next, whenever people will have chance to express their frustration on how things are going. Same thing went in Poland. Same socialdemocratic party, which had all pollings high, lost, because people were pissed at how the goverment didn`t care about working class.

And this frustation is big, because electing Trump and voting for Brexit isn`t good choice, but hey, I do understand that, and the world will change.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 10:48 AM
The most reliable voters all grew up during the Cold War. It's just common sense - they're not voting for a self-proclaimed socialist who praised Castro, lived on a Communist kibbutz, has a history of being involved in radical-leftist parties, etc.

Don't forget: Bernie was treated with kid gloves by everyone during the primary. He was barely vetted, because Hillary wanted his voters in the general and the GOP wanted to run against him. If he made it that far, the attack ads would have come fast and furious and derailed his campaign.

I'll never root against the GOP political machine. Too much experience seeing it in action. But I don't think "Commie Bernie" as I assume he would have been called would have stuck in the craws of Americans like the Hilary investigation did. But who knows?

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 10:52 AM
I'll never root against the GOP political machine. Too much experience seeing it in action. But I don't think "Commie Bernie" as I assume he would have been called would have stuck in the craws of Americans like the Hilary investigation did. But who knows?
It's not only that - he also had those weird-ass essays he wrote about rape and child sex and his vote against the Amber Alert system. No doubt, the GOP would be running those wall-to-wall all election.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Maybe that, but from I can see around the world, people are pissed at this so called minorities wanting approvals and all sort of privileges. Often this doesn`t go with logic, it`s like who shouts most. Normal people, who trully doesn`t care about other reglion, race and being labeled as racists, homophobic etc, because they don`t approve that chase for privileges. And also with internet all around, people are seeing what bullshit media are serving them. Wikileaks also added some fuel to fire. And those pissed people, who can`t say shit publictly (public pollings were dead wrong), because of this labeling, just went to voting booths and elected Trump, voted for Brexit. Germany, France are next, whenever people will have chance to express their frustration on how things are going. Same thing went in Poland. Same socialdemocratic party, which had all pollings high, lost, because people were pissed at how the goverment didn`t care about working class.

And this frustation is big, because electing Trump and voting for Brexit isn`t good choice, but hey, I do understand that, and the world will change.

I don't think this is wrong. I think people didn't realize for some reason that progressive movements always end a reactionary backlash. Eventually, people just have enough, and I think that was happening here. People didn't want to keep being marginalized for minorities. Liberalism wasn't helping those folks who were already "free", and that pissed them off. I can understand that. I hope this wakes the Dems up.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 10:57 AM
It's not only that - he also had those weird-ass essays he wrote about rape and child sex and his vote against the Amber Alert system. No doubt, the GOP would be running those wall-to-wall all election.

Then again, maybe Bernie wouldn't have forgotten to campaign like Clinton did, since he wasn't gifted the primary. Trump wasn't hit hard enough, because everyone kept thinking his candidacy was a joke.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Then again, maybe Bernie wouldn't have forgotten to campaign like Clinton did, since he wasn't gifted the primary. Trump wasn't hit hard enough, because everyone kept thinking his candidacy was a joke.
Trump was hit harder than any candidate in history. He was "Hitler, fascist, racist, sexist" on repeat from the moment he went down that escalator to announce his campaign. Both major parties and the media were united against him from the start. The fact that he still won easily is a testament to how flimsy the "dirt" on him actually was, especially compared to the criminals and hardcore Marxists who make up the Democratic Party today.

Seriously - the Democrats thought it was a major scandal that Trump was a womanizer in his younger years. Anyone who knew anything about Trump before this election knew that, we just didn't care. They also thought it was a scandal that he wanted to enforce our immigration laws and build a border wall (something that other countries, such as Israel and Hungary, have already done). All in all, they just showed how far out of touch they are with the public.

Reck
11-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Yes, gotta it give it to all of them for sticking to the man and being stubborn.

Also, throw shit at me. I deserve every bit of it. Congratulations.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Trump was hit harder than any candidate in history. He was "Hitler, fascist, racist, sexist" on repeat from the moment he went down that escalator to announce his campaign. Both major parties and the media were united against him from the start. The fact that he still won easily is a testament to how flimsy the "dirt" on him actually was, especially compared to the criminals and hardcore Marxists who make up the Democratic Party today.

Seriously - the Democrats thought it was a major scandal that Trump was a womanizer in his younger years. Anyone who knew anything about Trump before this election knew that, we just didn't care. They also thought it was a scandal that he wanted to enforce our immigration laws and build a border wall (something that other countries, such as Israel and Hungary, have already done). All in all, they just showed how far out of touch they are with the public.

I definitely think they were out of touch and paternalistic in a way that I hope they understand now. All that "What do I tell my daughters?" talk just made me sick. But I also think the Dems were playing this as "let him sink himself and pile on as necessary to weigh him down". And that just didn't work, because they believed their polling and ignored the majority of voters.

There were plenty of ways to beat Trump, though. Even with the worst candidate possible, he could have easily lost this election.

Winehole23
11-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Amazing win for Trump and the GOP. Amazing repudiation of the status quo and the status quo candidate.

Onus is now on the GOP. Trump's got two years to show us what he's got before more gridlock -- the incumbent party historically loses the midterms.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Amazing win for Trump and the GOP. Amazing repudiation of the status quo and the status quo candidate.

Onus is now on the GOP. Trump's got two years to show us what he's got before more gridlock -- the incumbent party historically loses the midterms.

The senate majority looks pretty safe with how many Democrats are up for re-election in 2018 and the house is out of play with the way the districts have been drawn.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 11:20 AM
I definitely think they were out of touch and paternalistic in a way that I hope they understand now. All that "What do I tell my daughters?" talk just made me sick. But I also think the Dems were playing this as "let him sink himself and pile on as necessary to weigh him down". And that just didn't work, because they believed their polling and ignored the majority of voters.

There were plenty of ways to beat Trump, though. Even with the worst candidate possible, he could have easily lost this election.
If they were trying to "let Trump sink himself," they had a funny way of showing it. Hillary blanketed the airwaves for months with nothing but negative attack ads on Trump.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 11:24 AM
If they were trying to "let Trump sink himself," they had a funny way of showing it. Hillary blanketed the airwaves for months with nothing but negative attack ads on Trump.

Yes, but what was the content of the ads? From the few I saw in Austin, they were almost exclusively his words with actors expressing their abhorrence for them. I may have not been treated to the good ones, but I saw nothing but "Is this seriously the guy you want to elect? Of course not." To me, that's chickenshit compared to what they could have focused on.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 11:26 AM
Yes, but what was the content of the ads? From the few I saw in Austin, they were almost exclusively his words with actors expressing their abhorrence for them. I may have not been treated to the good ones, but I saw nothing but "Is this seriously the guy you want to elect? Of course not." To me, that's chickenshit compared to what they could have focused on.
There were "Trump hates women" ads, but there were also lots of ads trying to portray him as a loose cannon on foreign policy. Such a bad strategy, considering Hillary's terrible record on foreign policy as well as all the sabre-rattling against Russia that she was doing.

Chinook
11-09-2016, 11:33 AM
There were "Trump hates women" ads, but there were also lots of ads trying to portray him as a loose cannon on foreign policy. Such a bad strategy, considering Hillary's terrible record on foreign policy as well as all the sabre-rattling against Russia that she was doing.

Exactly. They didn't take seriously that he was running on issues. Bernie would have, because he would have won the nomination on those same issues. If the Dems took him seriously as an opponent rather than using him as a lecture point, it might have turned out differently. Instead, the people told them that they were tried as shit of being talked down to and voted for the guy who at least pretended to represent them.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Exactly. They didn't take seriously that he was running on issues. Bernie would have, because he would have won the nomination on those same issues. If the Dems took him seriously as an opponent rather than using him as a lecture point, it might have turned out differently. Instead, the people told them that they were tried as shit of being talked down to and voted for the guy who at least pretended to represent them.
Bernie was clueless about foreign policy and pretty much any issue other than "free stuff" and "the 1%." He proved that in the primaries when he came out with shit like "global warming causes terrorism."

Chinook
11-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Bernie was clueless about foreign policy and pretty much any issue other than "free stuff" and "the 1%." He proved that in the primaries when he came out with shit like "global warming causes terrorism."

Well he was running against a party that widely doesn't acknowledge GW exists, so I think people could let that slide.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 11:41 AM
"global warming causes terrorism."

Syria's revolt started when Assad refused to help his farmers who moved into the cities after draught wiped them out.

spurtech09
11-09-2016, 12:59 PM
There is still time...Turn to Jesus Christ before its too late...Jesus the only one that can save you....Repent forgive for your sins.....Turn away from darkness and turn to the light...Jesus Christ the only one that can get you out of the darkness....Praise the Lord King of Kings Lords of Lords...All Power and Glory to God....Amen..God Bless

Chucho
11-09-2016, 07:00 PM

So what you're saying is, Trump will continue the policies of the failed Obama administration? OK, got it.

Chucho
11-09-2016, 07:02 PM
you really don't have a clue.

You never did. What's your point, Black Kettle?

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 07:05 PM
So what you're saying is, Trump will continue the policies of the failed Obama administration? OK, got it.

You Lie

Chucho
11-09-2016, 07:08 PM
You Lie

Not about this. You sir, have no purpose other than lying and shilling for the deplorable Left and the disgusting scumbags that supported them, like you. You know your side lost? Because the majority of America isn't a bunch of disgusting segregationists like you. They aren't racist, they aren't hate mongers like you. Hence, this absence and epic meltdown of you. I'd be upset if I were in the disgusting minority that couldn't win with blatant fuckery and media spinsters.