PDA

View Full Version : Where does this loss rank, tbh?

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 01:49 AM
Not just in politics, but in any facet of America in the past century(sports, movies, televisions, awards, etc), where does this loss rank from an embarrassment standpoint, tbh?

Going up against a horrible candidate in Trump, mass media support, a ton of money spent, a large number of key celebrities campaigning in her favor, etc..

What's a more egregious example of an embarrassing loss/upset/choke?

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 01:53 AM
i'm more disappointed than anything... i had this delusion that america stood for something greater. instead we fell into a pitfall of nationalism and xenophobia

BD24
11-09-2016, 01:53 AM
Nothing I can think of. This is a fucking embarrassment.

My first child will be born this April, Donald fucking Trump will be president when my first child is born.

What a sad state of affairs.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 01:55 AM
Giving the nomination to Clinton was like Wilson throwing on the one yard line.

Spurminator
11-09-2016, 01:56 AM
I think I actually felt worse after 0.4. But I hadn't been drinking as much back then.

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2016, 01:57 AM
choked 3-1

ElNono
11-09-2016, 01:57 AM
Kinda like Game 6 2013? Although that game went to OT, this shit is just a curbstomp... losing Michigan and Pennsylvania just embarrassing, tbh...

hater
11-09-2016, 01:58 AM
:lmao Wolf Blitzer about to drop on the floor. Knees buckling :lol

Splits
11-09-2016, 01:58 AM
I can tell you from personal experience that I travel all over the world. The past 3 weeks alone I've been to England, Germany, India, and Spain. One of my jobs was to ensure my colleagues that, no, we were not going to elect this freak and endanger their families and their futures.

This is the biggest embarrassment of my lifetime from a professional perspective. The world's power just elected the most incompetent and reckless "leader" in our lifetimes.

Also, sorry about your $3000 OP :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 02:00 AM
Kinda like Game 6 2013? Although that game went to OT, this shit is just a curbstomp... losing Michigan and Pennsylvania just embarrassing, tbh...

At least the Spurs lost to other NBA players on an even playing field..

Hillary lost to DONALD FUCKING TRUMP despite having all the advantages from a support standpoint..

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 02:01 AM
I can tell you from personal experience that I travel all over the world. The past 3 weeks alone I've been to England, Germany, India, and Spain. One of my jobs was to ensure my colleagues that, no, we were not going to elect this freak and endanger their families and their futures.

This is the biggest embarrassment of my lifetime from a professional perspective. The world's power just elected the most incompetent and reckless "leader" in our lifetimes.

Also, sorry about your $3000 OP :lol
Im going to lose $2625 overall, tbh:lol

vy65
11-09-2016, 02:02 AM
44T6FYdLcLc

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 02:02 AM
America has destroyed the myth of its exceptionalism, its role as example of how to run a country.

US Bad ass military, but it can't win shit, but after that, other countries are way ahead on the civilization, humanitarian scale, Canada, Western Europe, Australia.

America under the Repugs/VWRC/capitalists/BigCorp will continue to decline that started in the mid 70s with the reactionary rise of the VRWC.

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 02:14 AM
Smh..now she leaves her supporters out there without a word, looking like Cam Newton following the SB..

Splits
11-09-2016, 02:15 AM
Smh..now she leaves her supporters out there without a word, looking like Cam Newton following the SB..

No she didn't tell them to stay, Podesta told them to go home :lol

Pathetic

Mikeanaro
11-09-2016, 02:21 AM
#1 because she had all the celebtards, all the idiots that millennial hipsters love... all those fake human beings like Lebron Miley JR Smith Jay-X Fatonce and hacks like Springsteen Roger Waters and so on and all the media calling Trump a lot of crap and even so... FAIL!
I must add, giving away free citizenships, releasing criminals to vote, OBOZO speaking like a jerkoff, Moochele the same YOU GO GIRL stupid speech and she didnt make shit for women´s rights, just like the Clintons in the 90s.

AaronY
11-09-2016, 02:25 AM
I never would have thought this country could be so hateful

koriwhat
11-09-2016, 02:28 AM
LOL!

Robz4000
11-09-2016, 02:32 AM
#lovelost

resistanze
11-09-2016, 02:32 AM
:lmao USA

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 02:34 AM
Surprised that college-educated whites were in Trump's favor, tbh..

The privacy of a voting ballot provided a different reality than the public perception:lol

ElNono
11-09-2016, 02:35 AM
Surprised that college-educated whites were in Trump's favor, tbh..

The privacy of a voting ballot provided a different reality than the public perception:lol

Wasn't Shillary ground game supposed to be vastly superior? :lol

More like...

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--GluZW8Iw--/tbxfqvmf0sta9cryrytc.gif

DPG21920
11-09-2016, 02:36 AM
Has nothing to do with racism (overall). Our country said no to Hillary before. Our 2x President Obama bashed her on the campaign trail and voters said no to Hillary. Why would they say yes now?

That's what this is about. It's not about "hate in American's hearts". It's about ^

ElNono
11-09-2016, 02:37 AM
Has nothing to do with racism (overall). Our country said no to Hillary before. Our 2x President Obama bashed her on the campaign trail and voters said no to Hillary. Why would they say yes now?

That's what this is about. It's not about "hate in American's hearts". It's about ^

Agree she was a terrible candidate... but if we're honest, so was Trump... I don't mind he won, but this was clearly the worst election I can remember, tbh... and I'm not that young anymore...

clambake
11-09-2016, 02:38 AM
America has destroyed the myth of its exceptionalism, its role as example of how to run a country.

US Bad ass military, but it can't win shit, but after that, other countries are way ahead on the civilization, humanitarian scale, Canada, Western Europe, Australia.

America under the Repugs/VWRC/capitalists/BigCorp will continue to decline that started in the mid 70s with the reactionary rise of the VRWC.
the white flag

Spur|n|Austin
GS blowing a 3-1 lead in the finals comes to mind

midnightpulp
i'm more disappointed than anything... i had this delusion that america stood for something greater. instead we fell into a pitfall of nationalism and xenophobia

The West and East coasts repped.

I'm not going to hurl insults at Trump's voter base, but the regions he won are so desperate for manufacturing to return to that area, he played the "high import Tariffs! Gonna bring back jerbs from them commie Chinese" fiddle and they all followed in lockstep like a procession of rats. I think that was an underrated selling point of his campaign.

I don't give a shit about what "team" a candidate is on. I only care if their policies work or have been proven to work, and Trump's hand-me-down supply side economic policies will be a disaster. And then the dumbshit wants to increase military spending at the same time :lol

DD
11-09-2016, 02:39 AM
Agree she was a terrible candidate... but if we're honest, so was Trump... I don't mind he won, but this was clearly the worst election I can remember, tbh... and I'm not that young anymore...

Hey brah to answer your question from the other thread, yes I am currently in country...but my next stop will be Somalia:lol

Nbadan
11-09-2016, 02:39 AM

Doesn't discount that people voted the lesser of two evils......people just decided that was Trump....

xtremesteven33
11-09-2016, 02:40 AM
The American people have spoken.

Mal
In Poland we had pretty similar situation. In early polls, one candidate, then president had like 70%, easy win, all media were behind him and he was shady as fuck and corupt. And he was beaten by fucking nobody, a guy who nobody even known before he was put in the race. Very similar shit. Now the winner is just his party puppet.

baseline bum
:lmao USA

I hope Trump builds another wall to the north so you get stuck here.

DD

No homo, but I wish I could've watched the election with you tonight

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 02:42 AM
Hey brah to answer your question from the other thread, yes I am currently in country...but my next stop will be Somalia:lol

:lol wow, I hope you're getting huge $$$ for that trip, tbh..

I have some close friends from Somalia, heard some horror stories..

ElNono
11-09-2016, 02:42 AM

:lol was wondering if you were around to bask in the glory... safe travels, tbh...

DD
11-09-2016, 02:44 AM
:lol wow, I hope you're getting huge $$$ for that trip, tbh..

I have some close friends from Somalia, heard some horror stories..

I'm getting paid, but it's PSD medic work, so that'll suck...

DPG21920
11-09-2016, 02:46 AM

I agree and have said that. But as bad a Trump was, Hillary was evidently worse. The American people said no to Hillary when Obama ran. Trump sucking doesn't change the fact the American people said no to Hillary. We saw what Obama said about Hillary when campaigning against her.

That doesn't go away.

ElNono
11-09-2016, 02:50 AM
I agree and have said that. But as bad a Trump was, Hillary was evidently worse. The American people said no to Hillary when Obama ran. Trump sucking doesn't change the fact the American people said no to Hillary. We saw what Obama said about Hillary when campaigning against her.

That doesn't go away.

Ofcourse she was a terrible, flawed candidate... and Barry going to bat for her will cost him part of his legacy, IMO.

Nbadan
11-09-2016, 02:55 AM
Ofcourse she was a terrible, flawed candidate... and Barry going to bat for her will cost him part of his legacy, IMO.

Obama's legacy was flawed when he forgot what got him into the WH is the first place...

Nbadan
11-09-2016, 02:57 AM
He was elected to 'change' but became the corporate president that Clinton envied...not easy....

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 03:01 AM
Need a safe space, faggot?

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 03:05 AM
Need a safe space, faggot?nah, i just believe in equal treatment and equal opportunity. safe spaces are faggotry along with typical college campus culture

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 03:07 AM
nah, i just believe in equal treatment and equal opportunity.
So does Trump.

safe spaces are faggotry along with typical college campus culture
Yet you sound exactly like an SJW right now.

Xevious
11-09-2016, 03:07 AM
Trump actually sounded normal during his acceptance speech.

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 03:08 AM
That was actually a pretty decent speech:lol

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 03:10 AM
So does Trump.
strongly disagree. trump treats muslims and blacks as second rate citizens. not his entire base, but there are good chunk of people who voted donny because they hate muslims, etc. thats the kind of shit i thought the US was ardently against.

Yet you sound exactly like an SJW right now.
no. i'm not telling people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to say or think. i'm just sayin i'm not a fan of the choice the country has made, because it goes against the ideals i thought america stood for. you're the one who wants a safe space here where people like me can't voice dissent with your candidate

ViceCity86
6 much worse.

spurraider21
6 was more crushing. this is more disappointing

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 03:12 AM
strongly disagree. trump treats muslims and blacks as second rate citizens.
Yeah, you're an SJW. Might as well own it and admit it.

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 03:13 AM
Yeah, you're an SJW. Might as well own it and admit it.you need a safe space where people can't voice different opinions than yours? :lmao sjw's reach and find issues when they aren't there, like micro-aggressions. i'm not reaching here, i can literally take trump's words at face value to defend what i'm sayin. i've talked to voters today who told me they only voted for trump because they hate muslims :lol

Floyd Pacquiao
11-09-2016, 03:14 AM
It's Tyson-Douglas X10. Biggest upset in history without little doubt.

DPG21920
11-09-2016, 03:17 AM
strongly disagree. trump treats muslims and blacks as second rate citizens. not his entire base, but there are good chunk of people who voted donny because they hate muslims, etc. thats the kind of shit i thought the US was ardently against.

no. i'm not telling people what they should or shouldn't be allowed to say or think. i'm just sayin i'm not a fan of the choice the country has made, because it goes against the ideals i thought america stood for. you're the one who wants a safe space here where people like me can't voice dissent with your candidate

Well, I personally don't think the country just magically regressed. This country elected a black President twice.

Also, under Obama's watch blacks seem to be treated as second rate citizens so I don't get that being a Trump issue. We know Hillary doesn't care about minorities no matter how much lip service there was.

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 03:19 AM
Well, I personally don't think the country just magically regressed. This country elected a black President twice.

Also, under Obama's watch blacks seem to be treated as second rate citizens so I don't get that being a Trump issue. We know Hillary doesn't care about minorities no matter how much lip service there was.lol when i called out obama for that reason you gave me shit for it. now you're just putting on the white hat. race relations have been poor, but i dont think electing somebody who's solution to race problems is for black people to "get over it because chicago" is going to move us forward at all. progress has been painful and now we're just going to regress and go through it again

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 03:22 AM
I'm afraid for race relations if Trump wins. I'm afraid that with all of the progress this country has made with regards to race relation that gets swept under the rug seemingly, that it will give an excuse to say "see! told you this is no different than the days of slavery".

That is my concern. I feel now, even though people sometimes act like USA is some slave driver country that has made no progress (which is not only a lie, but really damaging to potential further growth), that Trump will give people the talking points they need to unravel any progress there.just lol

DPG21920
11-09-2016, 03:26 AM
just lol

How is that lol - did you actually read? I'm saying the same thing. I said progress was made. The country didn't magically regress. There are always bad people and racist; that doesn't mean racism has gotten worse.

What I fear is the visceral reactions to Trump.

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 03:30 AM
the country elected barry because he didnt campaign on race, religion, etc. he campaigned on the economy which was a slam dunk after bush. obama also got lucky in 2008 because palin was a massive distraction.

in 2012 there weren't big discussions about muslims, or black lives matter, etc. racial talks weren't big in the discussion. it was about the economic recovery. it was about obamacare. it was about benghazi. and ultimately it became about 47%

trump campaigned on building a wall, keeping the muslims out, and keeping the blacks in check with stronger police force. of course that wasn't the entirety of his message, but its a big part that resonated with the rural base

Ed Lover
11-09-2016, 03:31 AM
This shit is unprecedented. The people are tired of elites telling them how to think. Wikileaks, Project Veritas, and social media have burned everything down to ashes. Populism is the new norm, the same populism that brought us the secret ballot and Senators being elected by the people. Corruption and Super Pacs have been rejected, election rigging has been rejected, Identity politics and outrage culture has been rejected. Celebrities have been rejected. The motherfucking establishment has been rejected.

Sweet music to my ears. But if Trump fucks it up, we'll throw his ass away too.

Sup Bernie! Wish you hadn't sold out. Wish you had kept to your guns and stood up to the tyranny. Instead it was Trump, and for that you get my respec. Until you don't, lol

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 03:31 AM
lol veritas

Xevious
11-09-2016, 03:33 AM
Question is, what happened? Is it true that people voted differently than how they answered polls? Did the last minute FBI investigation hurt Clinton? Not only is Trump a huge upset, but the Republicans are going to firmly hold on to congress as well.

Bynumite
11-09-2016, 04:01 AM
This is basically the equivalent to the Lakers vs Mavs 2011 series.

A storied name in politics who everyone thought had the series in the bag, ends up getting swept by a one man team.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 04:05 AM
This is basically the equivalent to the Lakers vs Mavs 2011 series.

A storied name in politics who everyone thought had the championship in the bag, ends up getting swept by a one man team.

More like the 84 first round when the heavily favored Sixers got wrecked by a piece of shit New Jersey Nets team.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 04:06 AM
Question is, what happened? Is it true that people voted differently than how they answered polls? Did the last minute FBI investigation hurt Clinton? Not only is Trump a huge upset, but the Republicans are going to firmly hold on to congress as well.

Exit polls seemed to indicate everyone had made up their minds a month ago. People were just ashamed to admit they were going to vote for such a piece of shit.

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 04:08 AM

I bet $2500 on Hillary, but the thing that put a little skepticism in my bet is the power of the private ballot..I was afraid that there would be a lot of Trump supporters that wouldn't publicly declare it out of fear of being ridiculed..

Pelicans78
11-09-2016, 04:10 AM
This was a historic loss. Got her ass kicked in swing states, blue states. Republicans maintained the Senate. She basically destroyed her party for years to come.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 04:12 AM
6 was more crushing. this is more disappointing

6 was just a fucking basketball game that didn't mean shit. Electing a fascist is way more crushing.

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 04:14 AM
Not only did she lose, but it appears that it may result in a fucking landslide victory for Trump:lol

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 04:16 AM

Nathan89
11-09-2016, 04:20 AM
nah, i just believe in equal treatment and equal opportunity. safe spaces are faggotry along with typical college campus culture

Clinton was getting fed debate questions and using them to her advantage. She's not for equal treatment and equal opportunity.

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Clinton was getting fed debate questions and using them to her advantage. She's not for equal treatment and equal opportunity.the political game is full of faggotry. the democratic party is shady as fuck and clinton is no better. its about how the candidates policies will affect us that matters. i dont give a shit if trump is disadvantaged in a debate :lol... i give a shit about people in their everyday life being fucked with because their parents prayed to the wrong invisible fuck

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 04:33 AM
the political game is full of faggotry. the democratic party is shady as fuck and clinton is no better. its about how the candidates policies will affect us that matters. i dont give a shit if trump is disadvantaged in a debate :lol... i give a shit about people in their everyday life being fucked with because their parents prayed to the wrong invisible fuck
So naive on Muslims

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 04:40 AM
So naive on Muslimsnah, i'm just naive on what i thought america stood for. we're like those pos muslim countries that treat christians like shit, except we've flipped the demographics. at least thats what this election hints at. not as barbaric as them, but the "us" and "them" mindset is still there

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 04:53 AM
nah, i'm just naive on what i thought america stood for. we're like those pos muslim countries that treat christians like shit, except we've flipped the demographics. at least thats what this election hints at. not as barbaric as them, but the "us" and "them" mindset is still there
Well because if you don't look out for us they cut off us' head, you don't get that?

spurraider21
11-09-2016, 04:55 AM
Well because if you don't look out for us they cut off us' head, you don't get that?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/texas-man-beheaded-wife-put-head-freezer-article-1.2767544

Arcadian
11-09-2016, 05:33 AM
Question is, what happened? Is it true that people voted differently than how they answered polls?

Polls reflect a small subset of the population. I wasn't polled at my voting place, were you?

Xevious
11-09-2016, 06:15 AM
Polls reflect a small subset of the population. I wasn't polled at my voting place, were you?
I'm not talking about exit polls, I'm talking about every poll since the conventions that had Hillary as the favorite to win. But to answer your question, no I was never polled.

cd021
11-09-2016, 06:43 AM

I think I actually felt worse after 0.4. But I hadn't been drinking as much back then.

'11 is the one that was most crushing to me, 20 straight wins and then lose 4 straight. In keeping with that; Spurs were like Clinton in Game 6, i wanted them to win so bad but OKC (Trump) seemingly came out of nowhere to win.

florige
11-09-2016, 07:21 AM
That was actually a pretty decent speech:lol

Yeah wasn't too bad. Still shocked and floored. All pollsters including 538 I'm
No longer paying any attention to ever.

Pelicans78
11-09-2016, 08:02 AM

What about white folks who make up 80% of pedophiles? What to do about them? Muslims commit less crime, are more college educated, and make more money than the average American. Don't be obtuse.

cd021
11-09-2016, 08:04 AM

Also, under Obama's watch blacks seem to be treated as second rate citizens so I don't get that being a Trump issue. We know Hillary doesn't care about minorities no matter how much lip service there was.

Have they ever been treated normally? At the very least, he could distinctly relate with the struggles of black people instead of what Trump is likely to do, ignore or insult them.

Clinton's popularity among blacks probably had much more to do with Bill, he is extremely well liked by black people

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 08:07 AM
Bill, he is extremely well liked by black people

A lot of them remember Bill as implementing Repugs' "welfare reform" that screwed Ms of black people.

Repugs intend to "reform" (cut) welfare even more, screwing the 10Ms of their white base dependent on welfare.

leemajors
11-09-2016, 08:09 AM
nah, i'm just naive on what i thought america stood for. we're like those pos muslim countries that treat christians like shit, except we've flipped the demographics. at least thats what this election hints at. not as barbaric as them, but the "us" and "them" mindset is still there

http://dyingscene.com/wp-content/uploads/bad-religion-recipe-for-hate.jpg

Chinook
11-09-2016, 08:17 AM
You know, I'm starting to think this is like the 2011 Eagles more than anything else. Spent all this money and collected all this talent just for it to fall apart. Just like the Eagles, it fell apart because they picked an awful head of the snake.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 08:20 AM
You know, I'm starting to think this is like the 2011 Eagles more than anything else. Spent all this money and collected all this talent just for it to fall apart. Just like the Eagles, it fell apart because they picked an awful head of the snake.

... did anybody die from the Eagles' collapse.

People will (continue to) die from Repug policies, esp the poor white people who voted for Trash.

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2016, 08:21 AM

People will (continue to) die from Repug policies, esp the poor white people who voted for Trash.

Just kill yourself, Boo.

Pelicans78
11-09-2016, 08:22 AM

How about the troops who would have died from her regime-changing policies? She's already been responsible for alot more deaths than Trump.

DD
11-09-2016, 08:25 AM

Your posts are now like sweet music

Aztecfan03
11-09-2016, 09:14 AM
you need a safe space where people can't voice different opinions than yours? :lmao sjw's reach and find issues when they aren't there, like micro-aggressions. i'm not reaching here, i can literally take trump's words at face value to defend what i'm sayin. i've talked to voters today who told me they only voted for trump because they hate muslims :lol

And one could take Hillary's words and actions at face value to show why she is worse.

resistanze
11-09-2016, 09:37 AM
I hope Trump builds another wall to the north so you get stuck here.

:lol

Thread
11-09-2016, 09:43 AM
It's bigger even than when the Spurs won the NBA Title in '13.

Splits
11-09-2016, 09:43 AM
Not only did she lose, but it appears that it may result in a fucking landslide victory for Trump:lol

No

https://i.imgur.com/H5aexfk.png

GSH
11-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Where does this loss rank, tbh?

Not just in politics, but in any facet of America in the past century(sports, movies, televisions, awards, etc), where does this loss rank from an embarrassment standpoint, tbh?

Going up against a horrible candidate in Trump, mass media support, a ton of money spent, a large number of key celebrities campaigning in her favor, etc..

What's a more egregious example of an embarrassing loss/upset/choke?

In terms of losses, it's right up there with Benghazi, TBH.

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 10:58 AM
I tried explaining to you that the polls were rigged and that ibd always gets it right, you hill shills didn't want to hear it

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 11:00 AM
How can la times and ibd who are usually very excellent, accurate pollsters come up with results so different from CNN, NBC, etc? Easy, it was right there in the podesta emails, they were colluding together with hillarys campaign

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 11:03 AM
What about white folks who make up 80% of pedophiles? What to do about them? Muslims commit less crime, are more college educated, and make more money than the average American. Don't be obtuse.
Naw, Muslims are part of a death cult and even US Muslims say that shariah law>>constitutional law. They're incompatible with our values and don't belong here in America. The founders when writing the constitution didn't account for a death cult wanting to destroy us. Don't forget immigration was restricted to Europe and we didn't have Islam, one of the big things they overlooked

florige
11-09-2016, 11:11 AM
I tried explaining to you that the polls were rigged and that ibd always gets it right, you hill shills didn't want to hear it

Apparently Trump and his campaign knew too. They went straight to MI and PA.

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 11:13 AM
Apparently Trump and his campaign knew too. They went straight to MI and PA.
Not apparently, he said the polls were rigged quite regularly. It was in podestas emails for all to see. Just like Brexit, polls can be a demoralizing and psychological warfare tactic to discourage people from voting.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 11:14 AM
6 was just a fucking basketball game that didn't mean shit. Electing a fascist is way more crushing.
We elected a fascist? That's news to me. Especially since actual experts on fascism agree that Trump isn't one:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/12/10/9886152/donald-trump-fascism

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Most polls are horseshit, with few exceptions. Media constructs them to push a narrative and depress conservative turnout, not to show the actual state of the election. See: Brexit, this election. Hell, there were tons of bullshit polls during the Republican primaries that showed tight races in states that Trump ended up winning easily, IIRC.

florige
11-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Most polls are horseshit, with few exceptions. Media constructs them to push a narrative and depress conservative turnout, not to show the actual state of the election. See: Brexit, this election. Hell, there were tons of bullshit polls during the Republican primaries that showed tight races in states that Trump ended up winning easily, IIRC.

I mean I understand that polls are what they are polls. But their bias really got exposed this time around. Like Trump or not the country just gave polls and the MSM a huge FU. He straight massacred her in OH, where the polls (including 538) had her supposedly as a toss-up.

baseline bum
11-09-2016, 11:29 AM
I mean I understand that polls are what they are polls. But their bias really got exposed this time around. Like Trump or not the country just gave polls and the MSM a huge FU. He straight massacred her in OH, where the polls (including 538) had her supposedly as a toss-up.

People just didn't want to admit they were voting for that fuck. CosmicCowboy called it.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 11:31 AM
People just didn't want to admit they were voting for that fuck. CosmicCowboy (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=207) called it.
Can you blame them, after seeing the violence directed at Trump supporters by the left? The left has become so intolerant that most Trump supporters found it prudent to not tell anyone who they were voting for, for fear of social, financial and even physical consequences.

florige
11-09-2016, 11:42 AM
People just didn't want to admit they were voting for that fuck. CosmicCowboy called it.

You know I would see on the internet where all these blacks were supposedly following him. But its the internet so I just discounted them as trolls. But I got kind of nervous Monday when I spoke to a few friends of mine in VA who voted for Obama twice that a few flat out said they were voting Trump, or not voting at all. Well my worries turned out to be right. :bang

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Can you blame them, after seeing the violence directed at Trump supporters by the left? The left has become so intolerant

Holy shit! :lol

Xevious
11-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Can you blame them, after seeing the violence directed at Trump supporters by the left? The left has become so intolerant that most Trump supporters found it prudent to not tell anyone who they were voting for, for fear of social, financial and even physical consequences.
How does that apply to telephone polls... at all?

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 12:03 PM
People just didn't want to admit they were voting for that fuck. CosmicCowboy (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=207) called it.
Oh bullshit, it had everything to do with oversampling dems. Anyone can tinker with the weighting of different demographic groups and get any result they want. Why sample dems in the +8-20 range when the primaries were r +1?

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 12:04 PM
You know I would see on the internet where all these blacks were supposedly following him. But its the internet so I just discounted them as trolls. But I got kind of nervous Monday when I spoke to a few friends of mine in VA who voted for Obama twice that a few flat out said they were voting Trump, or not voting at all. Well my worries turned out to be right. :bang
Aren't you a cop? What the hell man, you're safer today why would you not want that? Trump loves the police and defends you all.

Pelicans78
11-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Naw, Muslims are part of a death cult and even US Muslims say that shariah law>>constitutional law. They're incompatible with our values and don't belong here in America. The founders when writing the constitution didn't account for a death cult wanting to destroy us. Don't forget immigration was restricted to Europe and we didn't have Islam, one of the big things they overlooked

Typical group thinking on your part painting everyone with a broad brush. Alot of evil people in this country regardless of race or religion whether it's murderers, rapists, etc. Overall, the Muslim community has flourished in this country. They commit way less crimes, and they generally work harder and make more money than your average lazy American who can't do shit after getting laid off from their weak manufacturing job. A Trump presidency isn't gonna change how lazy this society has become.

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 12:11 PM
Typical group thinking on your part painting everyone with a broad brush. Alot of evil people in this country regardless of race or religion whether it's murderers, rapists, etc. Overall, the Muslim community has flourished in this country. They commit way less crimes, and they generally work harder and make more money than your average lazy American who can't do shit after getting laid off from their weak manufacturing job. A Trump presidency isn't gonna change how lazy this society has become.
Yeah but they're just biding their time and building up numbers. Muslims force their way of life on minorities in places where they are majority. And they have 5-8 kids per woman. They're an existential threat to our country. Even if a small fraction actually commit acts of terror we are still setting ourselves up for attacks. A bad apple spoils the whole bunch. But I believe it's more than a single apple, I've seen polling where 50% in USA and Europe support shariah

GSH
11-09-2016, 12:15 PM
They commit way less crimes

If we would just implement Sharia, EVERYONE would commit way less crimes. Like, say, the crime of standing too close to your boyfriend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3889002/Publicly-shamed-caned-standing-close-boyfriend-Woman-latest-suffer-ordeal-Indonesia-s-strict-Islamic-rules.html

Pelicans78
11-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Yeah but they're just biding their time and building up numbers. Muslims force their way of life on minorities in places where they are majority. And they have 5-8 kids per woman. They're an existential threat to our country. Even if a small fraction actually commit acts of terror we are still setting ourselves up for attacks. A bad apple spoils the whole bunch. But I believe it's more than a single apple, I've seen polling where 50% in USA and Europe support shariah

Those pollings are done by neocons trying to spread islamophobia. Majority of Muslims don't even know what Shariah entails since there is many forms of Islam practiced nowadays; Sure there are savages in their bunch, but the majority settle well in this country since we're a more open society compared to the racists societies in Europe; This country will never allow shariah to take over. Muslims make up a very small majority in this country and they always will. Anyone else who says otherwise are just fear-mongering.

Pelicans78
11-09-2016, 12:31 PM
If we would just implement Sharia, EVERYONE would commit way less crimes. Like, say, the crime of standing too close to your boyfriend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3889002/Publicly-shamed-caned-standing-close-boyfriend-Woman-latest-suffer-ordeal-Indonesia-s-strict-Islamic-rules.html

Those countries are better off with ruthless dictators like Saddam compared to puppet democracies like the ones our government tries to install.

Axl Rose
11-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Those pollings are done by neocons trying to spread islamophobia. Majority of Muslims don't even know what Shariah entails since there is many forms of Islam practiced nowadays; Sure there are savages in their bunch, but the majority settle well in this country since we're a more open society compared to the racists societies in Europe; This country will never allow shariah to take over. Muslims make up a very small majority in this country and they always will. Anyone else who says otherwise are just fear-mongering.disagreed

florige
11-09-2016, 01:02 PM
Aren't you a cop? What the hell man, you're safer today why would you not want that? Trump loves the police and defends you all.

I'm going to give him a shot. I have no choice. I'm not rooting for him to fail. If anything the country's voting system has been stabilized and not considered to be a sham and fixed anymore.

GSH
11-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Those countries are better off with ruthless dictators like Saddam compared to puppet democracies like the ones our government tries to install.

LOL. First you condemn people for painting all Muslims with a broad brush, and then you turn around and tell us that Muslims commit less crimes than Americans. I point out that Islamic law (Sharia) is inherently criminal, and you go straight to "puppet dictatorships".

Take the blue pill, you wake up in bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

Arcadian
11-09-2016, 01:44 PM
I'm not talking about exit polls, I'm talking about every poll since the conventions that had Hillary as the favorite to win. But to answer your question, no I was never polled.

What I said applies to all polls. Polls reflect such a small sample that you can almost never extrapolate results to the entire population - especially with political shit.

Pelicans78
11-09-2016, 02:19 PM
LOL. First you condemn people for painting all Muslims with a broad brush, and then you turn around and tell us that Muslims commit less crimes than Americans. I point out that Islamic law (Sharia) is inherently criminal, and you go straight to "puppet dictatorships".

Take the blue pill, you wake up in bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

Sure, Sharia law practiced whether its the wahabbi version in Saudi Arabia or the shia version in Iran isn't suitable for western democracies, because the sources of those laws are over a 1000 years old where adultry is punished or whatever else they punish. Just like the laws in the Bible can't be fully applied especially from the Old Testament. Plus, how many Muslim countries are fully governed by Shariah law? Less than 5? Most of the dictators in the region don't govern with Shariah law, and as a whole the majority of Muslim countries are run by democracies. And I said Muslims IN THIS country do commit less crimes than the average Americans and are more successful and productive. There's no debate on that.

boutons_deux
11-09-2016, 02:25 PM
You rightwingnutjobs STILL panicked by Sharia taking over the USA? :lol

Pelicans78
11-09-2016, 02:29 PM
You rightwingnutjobs STILL panicked by Sharia taking over the USA? :lol

They can't help themselves. They live in fear all day. Weakest kind of people you will ever meet. Hopefully a Trump presidency will weed them out since they can never do better than living off of the government whether it's praying for manufacturing jobs to come back or just taking hand outs.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2016, 02:29 PM
How does that apply to telephone polls... at all?

It has to do with an effect called "social desirability bias." When people take a poll or a survey that has to do with sensitive issues, they are more likely to give what they perceive to be the most socially desirable answer than to give their honest answer. This ends up biasing the results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_desirability_bias

Xevious
11-09-2016, 06:09 PM
It has to do with an effect called "social desirability bias." When people take a poll or a survey that has to do with sensitive issues, they are more likely to give what they perceive to be the most socially desirable answer than to give their honest answer. This ends up biasing the results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_desirability_bias

And that's what most people are saying, it was the socially accepted thing to say. But don't tell me people were scared of physical harm from a telephone pollster.

Xevious
11-09-2016, 06:11 PM
What I said applies to all polls. Polls reflect such a small sample that you can almost never extrapolate results to the entire population - especially with political shit.

I think most political scientists would disagree with you. Though this election is going to be studied for years, I'm sure.

Arcadian
11-09-2016, 09:08 PM
I think most political scientists would disagree with you. Though this election is going to be studied for years, I'm sure.

On what basis? It's a basic statistical concept. Polls are too small a sample to be representative, especially in-person polls that use convenience sampling. Online polls are better because more people (and a greater variety of people) have access to them.

TeyshaBlue
11-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Ummm, no. Online polls are not representative of any population other than the self selecting respondents.

hater
11-09-2016, 09:15 PM
After seeing what happened tonight the 2nd nite.......

Top loss in any sport or non sport activity in history :lol

Xevious
11-09-2016, 10:52 PM
On what basis? It's a basic statistical concept. Polls are too small a sample to be representative, especially in-person polls that use convenience sampling. Online polls are better because more people (and a greater variety of people) have access to them.

That's exactly why online polls are less accurate - everybody, including non-Americans, can participate or vote as much as they like. The other polls were supposed to represent people who were actually going to vote, including registered voters in both parties and across all socioeconomic classes.

Arcadian
11-09-2016, 11:28 PM
That's exactly why online polls are less accurate - everybody, including non-Americans, can participate or vote as much as they like. The other polls were supposed to represent people who were actually going to vote, including registered voters in both parties and across all socioeconomic classes.

That's not as much of a problem as you think. Polls can be designed to allow only one vote per IP address. Believe it or not, most people vote genuinely. Very few people go out of their way to vote on something irrelevant to them. In 2016, the internet is the best tool for finding out what real people really think.

Chucho
11-10-2016, 12:20 AM
https://scontent.fsnc1-5.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15027482_330197010695930_8609060990533132834_n.jpg ?oh=c2bf40c2a57a3b92cf8589e65c436ad3&oe=58CC75FE

Made this one a few moments ago.

Chucho
11-10-2016, 12:21 AM
https://scontent.fsnc1-5.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15032691_330189674029997_6918514514210779726_n.jpg ?oh=602ed1404cf36d59d4e830d3d8ec70ae&oe=58D284C5

Just pitiful. This is like the Warriors losing to the Lakers. Except a relevant Lakers team.