PDA

View Full Version : #Calexit

vy65
11-09-2016, 06:42 PM
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/calexit-californians-threaten-to-secede-from-united-states-following-election-result-a3391561.html

:lmao

TeyshaBlue
11-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Knock yourselves out, moonbats.

Chris
11-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Good riddance tbh take Vegas with you imo

UNT Eagles 2016
11-09-2016, 06:54 PM
I would be perfectly happy if the entire Left Coast seceded, tbh... form the hipster nation of the world... re-apportion the 70-something odd EC votes to the rest of the country, and the Democrats never ever win another election, :lmao

InRareForm
11-09-2016, 11:30 PM
california is the best

SnakeBoy
11-09-2016, 11:35 PM
It would be awesome to watch those faggots run when Trump sends the troops in

http://thebullelephant.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Trump-as-Lincoln.jpg

pgardn
11-09-2016, 11:42 PM
They rallied in Oakland.

California might be happy to get rid of Oakland.

UZER
11-10-2016, 12:09 AM
They're broke :lol

Go right ahead.

spurraider21
11-10-2016, 12:11 AM
crofl. a bunch of people in their 20's or early 30's who have never experienced having their candidate lose an election

angrydude
11-10-2016, 01:39 AM
crofl. a bunch of people in their 20's or early 30's who have never experienced having their candidate lose an election

That's exactly what it is.

They weren't paying attention to politics until Obama and now they can't cope.

Aztecfan03
11-10-2016, 05:50 AM
Then I would secede from california.

Brazil
11-10-2016, 06:28 AM
:lol dat false bravado from the rednecks community... California exit would be a massive issue for the US, unless you count only on farmers and the rust belt to make America great again .... :lmao

Chinook
11-10-2016, 07:06 AM
I'd be okay with making it harder for Califolk to move to CenTex.

SpursforSix
11-10-2016, 07:43 AM
:lol dat false bravado from the rednecks community... California exit would be a massive issue for the US, unless you count only on farmers and the rust belt to make America great again .... :lmao

It'd be way tougher on California.

Brazil
11-10-2016, 08:13 AM
It'd be way tougher on California.

sure.... tough for them but not impactfull for Murica... :rolleyes

boutons_deux
11-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Redneck, gun-fellatin Texians want to secede as a new Republic of TX, but ridicule CA talking about secession.

baseline bum
11-10-2016, 08:18 AM
Secession talk is fucking retarded but I can understand them being pissed that their votes have less impact than those of the rest of the country thanks to the electoral college.

hater
11-10-2016, 08:45 AM
"Build a wall to the west" - Sumpreme Commander Donald Trump

DMC
11-10-2016, 08:45 AM
You know the majority of those rioting never voted.

hater
11-10-2016, 08:46 AM
Cali is 6th largest economy in the world. Theyd b a pretty nice country imo

DMC
11-10-2016, 08:47 AM

Oh yeah, who would we turn to for unreasonable regulations that stifle manufacturing in the US?

Brazil
11-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Oh yeah, who would we turn to for unreasonable regulations that stifle manufacturing in the US?

ya the future is in the likes of Ford, GM, Texaco etc... and not in the likes of Tesla, Apple, Google.... What is making America still great is the huge wave of innovations that came from Cali and still coming from there... What Merica should be afraid of is not China competition on traditional industry (already done tbh, not much you can do about it) but China waking up on innovation... Go visit Shenzen and some startup incubators there to understand what is coming

Bender
11-10-2016, 09:06 AM
secede into the Pacific, fucking losers

FromWayDowntown
11-10-2016, 12:06 PM
When disaffected Texans urge secession, well, that's really smart and principled.

When disaffected Californians mention secession, that's ridiculous and laughable.

Chris
11-10-2016, 12:10 PM
When disaffected Texans urge secession, well, that's really smart and principled.

When disaffected Californians mention secession, that's ridiculous and laughable.

Damn straight.

FromWayDowntown
11-10-2016, 12:12 PM
Damn straight.

The present American electorate.

Chris
11-10-2016, 12:15 PM
The present American electorate.

Damn straight.

elbamba
11-10-2016, 02:10 PM

Pretty sure its laughable for both. It would be interesting to see California break off only to have the US invade. The GOP would get their war. Maybe San Francisco could bring China in on their side.

boutons_deux
11-10-2016, 02:11 PM
"Pretty sure its laughable for both."

The Civil War killed secession.

clambake
11-10-2016, 02:16 PM
can't secede until we get the rest of the trash to keep moving to texas.

you are welcome.

FromWayDowntown
11-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Pretty sure its laughable for both.

Agreed.

vy65
11-10-2016, 03:20 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/calexit-explainer-california-plans-to-secede-2016-11

Pickin' up steam.

baseline bum
11-10-2016, 03:34 PM
The US would be shitting bricks losing all the tax dollars that come from California, good luck ever getting a 2/3 vote passed. I can see why they'd want out though. California gets a pretty raw deal from the federal government with what the state delivers in tax money while not getting proportional representation thanks to the senate and the electoral college.

DMC
11-10-2016, 04:14 PM
ya the future is in the likes of Ford, GM, Texaco etc... and not in the likes of Tesla, Apple, Google.... What is making America still great is the huge wave of innovations that came from Cali and still coming from there... What Merica should be afraid of is not China competition on traditional industry (already done tbh, not much you can do about it) but China waking up on innovation... Go visit Shenzen and some startup incubators there to understand what is coming

You thinking those companies would elect to stay in a smaller market than in the US = ???

DMC
11-10-2016, 04:16 PM
The US would be shitting bricks losing all the tax dollars that come from California, good luck ever getting a 2/3 vote passed. I can see why they'd want out though. California gets a pretty raw deal from the federal government with what the state delivers in tax money while not getting proportional representation thanks to the senate and the electoral college.

It needs to be broken up into two states.

RGMCSE
11-10-2016, 04:32 PM
You know the majority of those rioting never voted.

I was watching hannity last night as they were trying to interview protesters and they asked a woman protester why she was protesting. After her blah blah blah answer they asked her who she supported and she says I'm a Bernie support but...they ask did you vote for Hilary she says uh....yeaaah... fucking lier! Then hannity asks what 3 policies did she like from Hilary. Woman says she was grown up on Hilary's health care plan. Hannity screams it didn't pass you lying bitch!! These are the people protesting.

DMC
11-10-2016, 04:39 PM
I think it's great that young folks are getting into politics and no doubt they are as connected as the drugged out hippies were back in the Woodstock and Nam days, so it's all water under the bridge. They need something to make them feel grown up.

Brazil
11-10-2016, 05:03 PM
You thinking those companies would elect to stay in a smaller market than in the US = ???

:lol like your market depends on where your headquarter is based...

DMC
11-10-2016, 06:01 PM
:lol like your market depends on where your headquarter is based...

:lol Like California would be the same as it is now without US military support, after all the military installations relocated, after the US Feds banned trade with "Calexit". Who would want to be based in a country that cannot trade with the US?

Bender
11-10-2016, 07:31 PM
I think it's great that young folks are getting into politics and no doubt they are as connected as the drugged out hippies were back in the Woodstock and Nam days, so it's all water under the bridge. They need something to make them feel grown up.
too bad they're fucking idiots

DMC
11-10-2016, 07:35 PM
too bad they're fucking idiots

Everyone is until they reach the age of the person making the assessment.

clambake
11-10-2016, 07:38 PM
:lol Like California would be the same as it is now without US military support, after all the military installations relocated, after the US Feds banned trade with "Calexit". Who would want to be based in a country that cannot trade with the US?

why would they ban trade?

DMC
11-10-2016, 07:40 PM
why would they ban trade?

You think the US would be friendly to a "country" that forced succession? No, not with Donald leading. Not with a majority GOP house and senate.

Brazil
11-10-2016, 07:41 PM

:lmao yes like what would be the world 6th economy without some military installations...

DMC
11-10-2016, 08:07 PM
:lmao yes like what would be the world 6th economy without some military installations...

How did that work for several states in the Southern US? In your zeal to be a dumb ass you forgot that countries need defense. Who's going to defend them, Alec?

Brazil
11-10-2016, 08:39 PM
^ smh countries need defense... like how many countries have an actual defense ? 10? I can see cali invaded by Mexico :lol

DMC
11-10-2016, 09:01 PM
^ smh countries need defense... like how many countries have an actual defense ? 10? I can see cali invaded by Mexico :lol

We know France has shit for defense, but in order to secede California would need to spend a lot of money on building a defense, a border patrol and every other agency. You don't get the "new country package" with secession.

You're just trying to get the Warriors out of the NBA, along with the Lakers.

Brazil
11-11-2016, 06:32 AM
We know France has shit for defense, but in order to secede California would need to spend a lot of money on building a defense, a border patrol and every other agency. You don't get the "new country package" with secession.

You're just trying to get the Warriors out of the NBA, along with the Lakers.

ya brah... you gonna to explain to me an european what's up about countries secession and new countries creation... you a clown

and lol at France has shit for defense, try educate yourself of stuff outside US for a change

DMC
11-11-2016, 10:50 AM
ya brah... you gonna to explain to me an european what's up about countries secession and new countries creation... you a clown

and lol at France has shit for defense, try educate yourself of stuff outside US for a change
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fqjJ_XBrWsw/Tww6ERG1kHI/AAAAAAAACE8/vghie2VE_5s/s1600/littlebeaupepe+%252818%2529.jpg

hater
11-11-2016, 10:55 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GacqP8HOca4/T-YNPzULDkI/AAAAAAAAIOI/giHnXe1-N80/s1600/800px-flag_of_california%2B2.jpg

shits about to get real

GSH
11-11-2016, 12:00 PM

When some people in Texas proposed secession, the West and East coast had a shit hemorrhage. Now those same people are proposing secession - and they think it's okay when they want to do it. The difference is, the people in Texas think it's okay for them to leave, too. The only laughter is at their hypocrisy.

It's funny how some people try so hard to imitate the people they claim to despise.

DMC
11-11-2016, 04:57 PM
No different than Lakers fans wearing Heat or Warriors jerseys imo. Everyone wants to go elsewhere when they lose. When you live on the beaches of Cali, you want the world to go elsewhere.

DMX7
11-11-2016, 10:13 PM

If California were its own country, it would have the 6th largest economy in the world. And if it were its own country, its tax dollars would all go to the state (with no federal government to finance) which means it could easily finance a world class military. I doubt the US would stop trade with California. But if you wanna know the truth, I think it's actually much more likely that the whole union would dissolve if California left. I could easily see a Western States of America or something like that with California, Washington and Oregon, which are all very liberal, banding together. Then New York and others would probably follow in leaving.

TeyshaBlue
11-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Exiting the Union, which will not happen, would be an incredibly expensive undertaking. Subtract the Federal funds, start funding your entire infrastructure and schools etc. and you have a pretty stiff bill to pocket. Not to mention the large tracts of Fed properties(national parks, military bases etc) that will need to be procured.
I don't think building a world class military will be on the agenda.

DMX7
11-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Exiting the Union, which will not happen, would be an incredibly expensive undertaking. Subtract the Federal funds, start funding your entire infrastructure and schools etc. and you have a pretty stiff bill to pocket. Not to mention the large tracts of Fed properties(national parks, military bases etc) that will need to be procured.
I don't think building a world class military will be on the agenda.

Doesn't California pay more to the federal government than it gets back? (in terms of infrastructure, military bases, federal operations, etc.) If the money just stays in California to start, it would might actually have an even larger budget without the federal pass through.

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 09:54 AM
You're couching this as if the state sends the feds a check for taxes and the feds send a smaller one back. That's not how this works. Project timetables, production rebates, among many other policy dictated fiscal considerations completely distort your linear notion of pay/receive.

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Cali will indeed have a larger budget. Think for a minute about what you just wrote.

DMX7
11-12-2016, 11:14 AM
You're couching this as if the state sends the feds a check for taxes and the feds send a smaller one back. That's not how this works. Project timetables, production rebates, among many other policy dictated fiscal considerations completely distort your linear notion of pay/receive.

Yes, I understand that but I'm putting it in as simple terms as I can to explain the cost/benefit. The people of California send their federal tax dollars to the federal government and the federal government spends it on things that benefit California and other states. I'm saying that if they sent the money that would have gone to the federal government to the state that the net benefit received would actually be greater for California.

DMX7
11-12-2016, 11:20 AM
https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

According to this analysis, California is ranked 46th in terms of states most dependent on the federal government (which it disproportionately finances relative to its size). And think of all the mistakes the federal government has made that California would not have such as the Iraq war which probably cost $3-4 trillion dollars.

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Yes, I understand that but I'm putting it in as simple terms as I can to explain the cost/benefit. The people of California send their federal tax dollars to the federal government and the federal government spends it on things that benefit California and other states. I'm saying that if they sent the money that would have gone to the federal government to the state that the net benefit received would actually be greater for California.

You can put it in simple terms if you wish. It's just not accurate

DMC
11-12-2016, 12:48 PM
If California were its own country, it would have the 6th largest economy in the world. And if it were its own country, its tax dollars would all go to the state (with no federal government to finance) which means it could easily finance a world class military. I doubt the US would stop trade with California. But if you wanna know the truth, I think it's actually much more likely that the whole union would dissolve if California left. I could easily see a Western States of America or something like that with California, Washington and Oregon, which are all very liberal, banding together. Then New York and others would probably follow in leaving.

It would also be the state (currently) with the 3rd largest welfare population. Do you think those blacks would sit idly by while their federal welfare program was stopped?

It's not even legal. People act like it's a business partnership. The US would go to war over it and California would lose. There are treaties old as dirt that tie California to the US. It's not a legal course of action.

DMX7
11-12-2016, 03:36 PM

Then explain why. How would a country with the 6th largest economy in the world not be able to fund its own infrastructure and a world class military (like top 15 strong)?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2016, 03:46 PM

What is accurate is that the deep south and rust belt benefit from food stamps, unemployment, farm subsidides, and the federal teat moreso than the rest of the country.

Given the rhetoric coming out of there, there is quite a bit of a lack of self realization going on out there. It is reminiscent of the poor in the antebellum south.

DMC
11-12-2016, 05:14 PM
What is accurate is that the deep south and rust belt benefit from food stamps, unemployment, farm subsidides, and the federal teat moreso than the rest of the country.

Given the rhetoric coming out of there, there is quite a bit of a lack of self realization going on out there. It is reminiscent of the poor in the antebellum south.
Funny how people like FloppyNuffins cite states and regions but then fall back on popular vote arguments.

DMC
11-12-2016, 05:19 PM
Then explain why. How would a country with the 6th largest economy in the world not be able to fund its own infrastructure and a world class military (like top 15 strong)?

You actually think, as a state, removing yourself from the US doesn't negatively affect your economy? Never mind that you are at the mercy of the other states to even get there. None of your citizens would have federal support, except through the make-shift federal system you'd have in place and we know how well Cali's government runs. Maybe Brown or Arnold would return and lead you to the promised land.

Home values would plummet with no disaster aid or national insurance carriers wanting to touch the high risk properties without having a national base from which to pull funds. When that happens your property tax rates decrease. Right now Cali cannot keep up with the unemployment benefits from that many people, so if companies pull out of Cali all of those citizens suddenly have no jobs. Good luck keeping that "6th largest" ranking.

angrydude
11-12-2016, 05:53 PM

No one can be this fucking stupid.

You realize things....change....don't you?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2016, 06:11 PM
Funny how people like FloppyNuffins cite states and regions but then fall back on popular vote arguments.

I haven't made the popular vote argument, dim.

Once again you go for the simple characterization in lieu of anything substantive.

zrinkill
11-12-2016, 06:41 PM

Once again you go for the simple characterization in lieu of anything substantive.

So this is where you hid at coward.

DMC
11-12-2016, 07:03 PM

"People like"

DMX7
11-12-2016, 07:27 PM
You actually think, as a state, removing yourself from the US doesn't negatively affect your economy? Never mind that you are at the mercy of the other states to even get there. None of your citizens would have federal support, except through the make-shift federal system you'd have in place and we know how well Cali's government runs. Maybe Brown or Arnold would return and lead you to the promised land.

Home values would plummet with no disaster aid or national insurance carriers wanting to touch the high risk properties without having a national base from which to pull funds. When that happens your property tax rates decrease. Right now Cali cannot keep up with the unemployment benefits from that many people, so if companies pull out of Cali all of those citizens suddenly have no jobs. Good luck keeping that "6th largest" ranking.

In this scenario which I am only entertaining as hypothetical, I think the whole west coast would bail if you want to know the truth. Property values might actually increase with the number of people wanting to move there. You can cherry pick the good and the bad of such a move but as long as there isn't an all out trade war (which would likely not happen if it were a peaceful exit), then I think the economy would be just fine. And again, we're speaking completely hypnotically. What we have now is great, I'm simply making the case that a state like California wouldn't cripple the way you seem to think.

DMX7
11-12-2016, 07:28 PM
No one can be this fucking stupid.

You realize things....change....don't you?

Feel free to include some substance in your next post. Your anger almost makes up for it but not quite. :wakeup

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 07:33 PM

You'll find that the 1% from the blue say pretty much the same thing. Your point?

Th'Pusher
11-12-2016, 07:48 PM
I was watching hannity last night as they were trying to interview protesters and they asked a woman protester why she was protesting. After her blah blah blah answer they asked her who she supported and she says I'm a Bernie support but...they ask did you vote for Hilary she says uh....yeaaah... fucking lier! Then hannity asks what 3 policies did she like from Hilary. Woman says she was grown up on Hilary's health care plan. Hannity screams it didn't pass you lying bitch!! These are the people protesting.
Look up CHIP

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 08:15 PM
lol Hannity.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-13-2016, 07:06 AM
So this is where you hid at coward.

I've been posting here for a decade. I stopped posting at punndits quite some time ago, it gets old going in the same circles with the echo chamber. This place is actually bipartisan.

Oh and go fuck yourself, zrin.

zrinkill
11-13-2016, 09:08 AM
I've been posting here for a decade. I stopped posting at punndits quite some time ago, it gets old going in the same circles with the echo chamber. This place is actually bipartisan.

Oh and go fuck yourself, zrin.

LIAR

You posted there on the day of the election and the days leading up too it and then ran away like the little bitch you are ....... when all the bullshit you were spewing came crashing down.

I and everyone else are laughing at you ........ not because of your political agenda ........ but your cowardice.

I have also been a member of this board for over a decade.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-13-2016, 03:33 PM
LIAR

You posted there on the day of the election and the days leading up too it and then ran away like the little bitch you are ....... when all the bullshit you were spewing came crashing down.

I and everyone else are laughing at you ........ not because of your political agenda ........ but your cowardice.

:lol more people that think they have accomplished something because of the election.

I posted once in response to the exact same circle of ad hominem with the exact same two people. It's much like you are doing here.

All you are doing is showing how I live rent free in your dimwitted heads. Oh and go fuck yourself. You supposedly didn't even support Trump.

DMC
11-13-2016, 05:00 PM
In this scenario which I am only entertaining as hypothetical, I think the whole west coast would bail if you want to know the truth. Property values might actually increase with the number of people wanting to move there. You can cherry pick the good and the bad of such a move but as long as there isn't an all out trade war (which would likely not happen if it were a peaceful exit), then I think the economy would be just fine. And again, we're speaking completely hypnotically. What we have now is great, I'm simply making the case that a state like California wouldn't cripple the way you seem to think.

Yes it would be. You are short sighted as fuck. I'd hate for you to be on any planning committee.

DMC
11-13-2016, 05:05 PM
LIAR

lol Fuzzy hit and run posting, bouncing mouth checks all over the interwebs, gets hunted down and castigated.

DMC
11-13-2016, 05:06 PM
:lol more people that think they have accomplished something because of the election.

I posted once in response to the exact same circle of ad hominem with the exact same two people. It's much like you are doing here.

All you are doing is showing how I live rent free in your dimwitted heads. Oh and go fuck yourself. You supposedly didn't even support Trump.

That's a stupid thing to say, even from you Floppy. Of course people think they accomplished something by winning an election. Are you fucking retarded?

zrinkill
11-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Oh and go fuck yourself.

:lol Fuck off you little bitch coward.

Grow some balls instead of running away.

I can see that they feel the same way about you here as they do everywhere else.

Fuzzy logic stands for stupidity.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-13-2016, 08:11 PM
:lol Fuck off you little bitch coward.

Grow some balls instead of running away.

I can see that they feel the same way about you here as they do everywhere else.

Fuzzy logic stands for stupidity.

You have anything to say or just letting out your angst about me?

Oh and go fuck yourself.

PS - I treat people the same everywhere I go and call out stupidity equally. Similar personality types are going to get a hard on over it and follow me around no matter where I go; you're living proof of that. I can tell you exactly what I think of you here, zrin. You would fit right in with terrence, Wild Cobra, and TSA.

DarrinS
11-13-2016, 08:31 PM
Sniff. Teardrop.

DMC
11-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Fuzzy is one of the most insecure posters here. I feel sorry for her.

CosmicCowboy
11-13-2016, 09:35 PM

Any large populous state can say the same. It was the compromise deal that made the US possible to start with.

boutons_deux
11-13-2016, 09:39 PM
the Civil War settled secession, ain't gonna happen, you jerkoffs