PDA

View Full Version : No Parker for 3 games now? Do we look any better without him?

kxs783kms
11-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Been hearing it for a while that we'll be better off with Parker gone. I really haven't seen a difference in our play.

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 11:59 PM
Parker is no longer a good player, but he's certainly better than Lapro:lol

dabom
11-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Is it the Playoffs yet. :lmao

apalisoc_9
11-10-2016, 12:02 AM
The Starters, sure..But Parker is better than the Argentinian Rookie....

kxs783kms
11-10-2016, 12:04 AM
Parker is no longer a good player, but he's certainly better than Lapro:lol

I feel the same way. He's just dribbling up the court and passing the ball. He's not trying to break down the defense and get to the paint or anything. I would rather see Murray getting these minutes. Even though he's not fully ready, his ability to get to the rim is what we need right now. Kawhi and Simmons are the only ones able to do this currently.

TheGreatYacht
11-10-2016, 12:29 AM
Nope. Most knowledgeable posters saw this coming

kaji157
11-10-2016, 12:36 AM
Been hearing it for a while that we'll be better off with Parker gone. I really haven't seen a difference in our play.

Well, considering Parker has been here for 15+ seasons i think if you replace him with and undrafted rookie , at least at the begining, you are not going to be better.

What do you think?

That rook, needs time.

Just as Pau Gasol also looks like shit and Bertans too. It´s pretty difficult to play for the Spurs at first. Remember Patty´s first Year?

Everything needs time, unless you really believe Gasol is this shit we have been watching.

minuzzo21
11-10-2016, 03:54 AM
We miss Parker because Mills has to play with the 2nd unit

Fireball
11-10-2016, 05:58 AM
Parker is bad, but I do not see a difference ...

SASdynasty!
11-10-2016, 08:01 AM
With Parker as the team's best player: WCF (2012), Finals (2013), Championship (2014)
With Parker as the team's 3rd option: First round (2015), second round exit (2016)
With Parker out: Lottery

Emperor
11-10-2016, 08:20 AM
With Parker as the team's best player: WCF (2012), Finals (2013), Championship (2014)
With Parker as the team's 3rd option: First round (2015), second round exit (2016)
With Parker out: Lottery

All of those years had a Tim Duncan as their defense anchor except for this season.

MI21
11-10-2016, 09:59 AM
We all know that Manu helps Mills in the second unit, but I think we are seeing how much Mills helps him as well. Manu almost looks like he isn't sure of his role, taking bullshit fadeaways with time on the clock etc

This is indirectly related to Parker obviously. To my mind, he is still the best option to start despite how abysmal he has been. Essentially, the starting lineup looks just as bad with Patty in there as it does with Parker and the bench is worse off without Mills.

$pursDynasty
11-10-2016, 12:48 PM
This is indirectly related to Parker obviously. To my mind, he is still the best option to start despite how abysmal he has been. Essentially, the starting lineup looks just as bad with Patty in there as it does with Parker and the bench is worse off without Mills.

This^^^
The PG doesn't shine in this new way of playing that the starters have adapted. There isn't a noticeable difference in the SL and the backups suffer greatly. Sort of like with JSimmons. He looked like a better offensive player by any measure than Fathead, however he appeared to function much better coming off the bench. Giving our new bench athleticism and a viable scoring option, a lead guy as opposed to the 5th option playing with the starters. Patty shines off the bench but you won't get that same level of oomph when he is starting, more/better competition and further down the scoring pecking order. Besides that LMA seems more like a top 15 player in the league when MVParker is feeding him the rock, than he does at any other time.

11-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Can Kawhi win a home game without Parker holding his hand?

Can Kawhi get passed the second round without Parker holding his hand?

Time will tell I guess

dabom
11-10-2016, 01:38 PM

Time will tell I guess

Kawhi was winning away playoff games without Enrique 2014. :lmao

EIC
11-10-2016, 02:06 PM

This kind of analysis misses the point. We could leave Parker on the bench and start 4 players and the Parker lovers would say, "See! We're about the same without him as with him."

But the point is that we need to find a legitimate point guard to play instead of Parker. Since we don't have a bonafide starting PG on the roster at the moment (in fact, I would argue we don't have a legitimate starting guard on the roster, point or shooting), you can't point to a lack of improvement in Parker's absence as proof that we are better off with him.

RD2191
11-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Lol. Harden and CP3 would have destroyed Parker. He knew that so the little weasel faked an injury.

TheGreatYacht
11-10-2016, 02:17 PM

Time will tell I guess
Tbh

11-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Kawhi was winning away playoff games without Enrique 2014. :lmaoTim*

SASdynasty!
11-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Lol. Harden and CP3 would have destroyed Parker. He knew that so the little weasel faked an injury.
Funny because we beat the Warriors with Parker.

jermaine
11-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Parker is better than Mills with the 1st unit.... only because the 2nd unit gives Mills freedom to shoot! With the 1st unit, he's to manage the game.

gambit1990
11-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Harden and CP3 would have destroyed Parker.

gambit1990
11-10-2016, 04:21 PM
because the spurs are really missing a starting pg shooting 33%, averaging 4 assists to 1.5 turnovers :lol

tp doesn't wouldn't even crack the top 20 with that assist to turnover ratio.

patty? he's #1 in the league :wow

SASdynasty!
11-10-2016, 04:23 PM
because the spurs are really missing a starting pg shooting 33%, averaging 4 assists to 1.5 turnovers :lol

Even when Parker is at his worst this team needs him to win games.

gambit1990
11-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Even when Parker is at his worst this team needs him to win games.
:rollin

then how did we win these games with him on the bench?

-game 6 against the mavs in 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4caOwS6jI

-game 6 against the nets in 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeI1qzX9-zc

-game 5 against the grizzles in 2011 (regulation + overtime)

-game 6 against okc in 2014 (regulation + overtime)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNGkYsMYKhE

-game 3 against the grizzles in 2016

there's more 4th quarters in the playoffs but spurstalk has a limit on how many videos i can put in one post.

dabom
11-10-2016, 04:30 PM
:lol

SASdynasty!
11-10-2016, 04:52 PM
:rollin

then how did we win these games with him on the bench?

-game 6 against the mavs in 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4caOwS6jI

-game 6 against the nets in 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeI1qzX9-zc

-game 5 against the grizzles in 2011 (regulation + overtime)

-game 6 against okc in 2014 (regulation + overtime)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNGkYsMYKhE

-game 3 against the grizzles in 2016

there's more 4th quarters in the playoffs but spurstalk has a limit on how many videos i can put in one post.
Lol, Spurs win hundreds of playoff games with Parker at full strength, but in 3 of them Parker was injured or on the bench for part of the game. Might want to take a statistics course and check your conclusions.

$pursDynasty
11-10-2016, 05:59 PM

yet the offense doesn't seem to work with Patty starting so then there's that. Stats can lie.

$pursDynasty
11-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Parker is better than Mills with the 1st unit.... only because the 2nd unit gives Mills freedom to shoot! With the 1st unit, he's to manage the game.
This might be the case, strong point. Because with the 2nd unit Patty shines but on the starters he looks just like new MVParker. Meaning the way the Spurs run the offense this year the point guard in the starting unit isn't going to shine and hasn't no matter who leads them.

alpha_HaZE
11-10-2016, 10:40 PM

Parker is still very useful Offensively, he knows the system inside and out and he is pretty good at distributing the ball. He also shots well beyond the 3pt line. The problem isn't as much the fact that he can't get to the basket like he used to, is that he is a liability on the defensive end. Opposing teams can just give the ball to whoever Tony guards, compound that with Pau's surprisingly bad defense, his inability to block shots or get any rebounds at D West levels, and you have the answer as to why we struggle. It is very early in the season and of course both of them had long summers and I am not sure they are that fresh. So it's good to see them getting rest, hopefully they will be ready for the playoffs.

sananspursfan21
11-10-2016, 10:48 PM
I get that "Porker" is slower and a shell of his former self, but the offense hadn't looked this stagnant with him playing.... but hey, who knows