PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of whether the Spurs come back and W or not..

HarlemHeat37
11-09-2016, 11:57 PM
And defensive issues aside, this team desperately needs a playmaking PG for the 3rd consecutiveive season..

Everything is so difficult on offense, they have a ton of trouble generating good looks, and they have become way too reliant on Kawhi getting to the line/going for 30..

Ginobili and Parker are no longer reliable to any extent..both guys have their nights, but neither is dependable for a consistent stretch of basketball..

You can't survive like this in today's NBA, tbh..

ElNono
11-10-2016, 12:04 AM
sure, sure.... but what a choke, tbh... at home? smh

phxspurfan
11-10-2016, 12:05 AM
LMA is so soft it's maddening

siraulo23
11-10-2016, 12:14 AM
3 straight losses at home, whens the last time this happened in the regular season? i would assume it hasnt happened too often in the duncan era

thats like 3 out of 4 games now, i cant even recognize this team, no identity on both ends

siraulo23
11-10-2016, 12:16 AM
also spurs dead last points in the paint so far iirc, troubling signs tbh

kaji157
11-10-2016, 12:23 AM
If you donīt have a great PG you gotta move the ball and take what the defense allows you, move and screen, move and screen, this Spurs offense is one of the most stagnants offenses in a while.
Kawhi should learn to pass the rock once he gets an advantage over the defense and it collapses, like Manu, Tony and Tim did so well in the past. Thatīs what puts pressure on the defense to start rotating, if all defenses Know that Kawhi will rarelly pass, theyīll stay on him and double late.

SAGirl
11-10-2016, 12:27 AM
Completely agree Harlem.
I can toe the party line.
I thought Mills had a tremendous game and ended up with 10 assists, but he obviously creates out of chaotic situations, more than off the dribble... Still it was a great game for him. I think with Tony they would have been worse off ... Tony has been that bad.

I loved Laprovitolla's fire, he competed and was aggressive but he is definitely a rookie and he's a backup...

Chinook
11-10-2016, 12:29 AM
And defensive issues aside, this team desperately needs a playmaking PG for the 3rd consecutiveive season..

Everything is so difficult on offense, they have a ton of trouble generating good looks, and they have become way too reliant on Kawhi getting to the line/going for 30..

Ginobili and Parker are no longer reliable to any extent..both guys have their nights, but neither is dependable for a consistent stretch of basketball..

Yeah, the guards are embarrassing right now. Green was one three from pulling his weight offensively, and Mills had 10 assists, but they shouldn't be the top two guards, especially combining to make what Parker or Manu are making individually. $20 Million mostly wasted right now.

It doesn't help that Kawhiso is awful offense, and whatever LMA does usually makes it worse.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2016, 12:48 AM
I just don't see how you can win in the playoffs in this league without a PG that can penetrate and attract defenders, tbh..

In a league where other playoff teams have PGs like Curry, Irving, Westbrook, Harden, Paul, etc, how are you going to win a title when Jonathan Simmons is currently your 2nd best player at penetrating a defense?

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2016, 12:51 AM
If you donīt have a great PG you gotta move the ball and take what the defense allows you, move and screen, move and screen, this Spurs offense is one of the most stagnants offenses in a while.
Kawhi should learn to pass the rock once he gets an advantage over the defense and it collapses, like Manu, Tony and Tim did so well in the past. Thatīs what puts pressure on the defense to start rotating, if all defenses Know that Kawhi will rarelly pass, theyīll stay on him and double late.

Kawhi has developed into a great scorer and has made leaps as a playmaker, but he's never going to be a natural point-forward, tbh..that's a rarity at his position, you don't see players like Lebron or Larry Bird very often(and even in Lebron's case, he needed Kyrie and Wade to take some of the load off)..

dabom
11-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Kawhi has developed into a great scorer and has made leaps as a playmaker, but he's never going to be a natural point-forward, tbh..that's a rarity at his position, you don't see players like Lebron or Larry Bird very often(and even in Lebron's case, he needed Kyrie and Wade to take some of the load off)..

Kawhi is more a Jordan Type player. We just need those big money guys to start playing like it.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Btw, I enjoyed seeing Green and Simmons on the floor together for that brief stretch, rather than having 1 sub out for the other..I hope Pop experiments with a Green-Kawhi-Simmons unit at some point, especially if the big man combos(mostly due to Aldridge falling off a cliff) continue to struggle on D..

DPG21920
11-10-2016, 01:58 AM
Rubio?

DPG21920
11-10-2016, 01:59 AM
Also, if Dragic and the Heat hit a rough patch, wonder if Dragic becomes available.

Kawhitstorm
11-10-2016, 03:24 AM
Kawhi is more a Jordan Type player. We just need those big money guys to start playing like it.

Jordan had Pippen/Kukoc running the offense & Kawhi has Simmons/Kyle Anderson as the two point-forwards.:lol

Horace Grant was also a better two-way player than Softridge too.

Kawhitstorm
11-10-2016, 03:27 AM
Rubio?

Rubio is cooked, dude isn't worth it unless he's swapped for Porker which actually makes sense for the Wolves considering they don't have a vet on the team.

Kawhitstorm
11-10-2016, 03:28 AM
3 straight losses at home, whens the last time this happened in the regular season? i would assume it hasnt happened too often in the duncan era

They lost 3 in a row back in 2015 when everyone was injured & 38 yr old Tim was carrying the team on his back.

poeticism707
11-10-2016, 03:36 AM

This.

Kawhi has become a great player,

But if you think he's going to lead the Spurs

to 50 wins in the west,

without a serviceable full time pg,

you're fucking nuts.

minuzzo21
11-10-2016, 04:02 AM
We need a PG with size, who can attack the rim and create good shots for teammates..

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2016, 01:57 PM
The lack of a lead guard could be negated by playmaking from any of the bigs, but the Spurs are also lacking in that department, as well..

They just don't have consistent playmaking anywhere on the roster..it might be fine during the RS, but it's going to get exposed in the playoffs, as we saw in 4 of the 6 games vs. OKC, where the offense was seriously underwhelming(OKC being a mediocre defensive team, too)..you can't rely on Aldridge getting hot on mid-range jump shots for an entire playoff run, tbh..

Chinook
11-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Rubio?

:vomit:

Need a playmaking guard, not a passing one.

coachmac87
11-10-2016, 02:23 PM
The lack of a lead guard could be negated by playmaking from any of the bigs, but the Spurs are also lacking in that department, as well..

They just don't have consistent playmaking anywhere on the roster..it might be fine during the RS, but it's going to get exposed in the playoffs, as we saw in 4 of the 6 games vs. OKC, where the offense was seriously underwhelming(OKC being a mediocre defensive team, too)..you can't rely on Aldridge getting hot on mid-range jump shots for an entire playoff run, tbh..

I agree. Finding the problem is easy...but how do you fix it?

NameLess Scrub
11-10-2016, 02:33 PM
I agree. Finding the problem is easy...but how do you fix it?

Put D Murray in a time chamber. He might be ready by January.

DPG21920
11-10-2016, 04:14 PM
:vomit:

Need a playmaking guard, not a passing one.

I'm not as worried about the offense as others. Was thinking defensively.