PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 teams in modern NBA history..

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2016, 12:36 AM
Lost 3 consecutive home games and won an NBA championship in the same season, tbh:(

The 1995 Rockets and the 1981 Lakers..the latter was missing Magic for 1 of the games, though..

Amuseddaysleeper
11-10-2016, 12:37 AM
Let's be real, this team is pretty far off from being a title contender despite this being one of the weakest eras of the NBA in quite some time.

RD2191
11-10-2016, 12:38 AM
Fuck, trump wins and now this? :pctoss

alpha_HaZE
11-10-2016, 12:39 AM
Well, it is too soon to tell, but we are not playing well at all right now. And it's the defense that is struggling.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2016, 12:41 AM
The stat itself doesn't weigh as much as it seems, but the point is that elite teams don't get treated this poorly at home, tbh..not to mention that 2 of the losses were instances where the Spurs got bodied, 1 of them against a slightly above average Jazz team without Hayward..

Nathan89
11-10-2016, 12:43 AM
You talkin' about championships?

dabom
11-10-2016, 12:44 AM
Our biggest played 5 man unit is probably no where near anything at this moment. I wouldn't put too much stock in to it.

r0drig0lac
11-10-2016, 04:13 AM
Lakers missing Magic, Spurs missing Parker, I can see a trend

poeticism707
11-10-2016, 04:15 AM
The stat itself doesn't weigh as much as it seems, but the point is that elite teams don't get treated this poorly at home, tbh..not to mention that 2 of the losses were instances where the Spurs got bodied, 1 of them against a slightly above average Jazz team without Hayward..

Spurs shoul have never

signed that scrub Gasol.

elemento
11-10-2016, 05:12 AM
Not even surprised to see this team and the supposed "best system" struggling without Duncan. Duncan was the system. The defense, the offense and the locker-room presence to keep everyone in check.

I absolutely hate this offense and only 2 guys make a real difference on defense : DG and KL.

Soft guys on both ends, offense full of pump fakes and extra passes that create more TOs than open shots (Kyle is the king of it tbh sorry SAgirl)) and guys with absolutely no confidence to hit open 3s. Not to mention that I've never seen a team getting owned with so many lobs like this Spurs team. Paul and Jordan, Hill and Gobert, Harden and Capela ...

the Rockets beat us yesterday even with Harden choking hard to give us the win just because they had a stretch 4 who's automatic from deep that killed our momentum every time we got closer in the scoreboard. The Spurs have to fight too hard to get buckets without a real playmaker.

Fireball
11-10-2016, 05:21 AM
We still have to realize that this team has seven new players ... five of them in their first season in the NBA. It will take some time.
Despite, its really eye-opening to watch what an impact a Tim Duncan literally on crudges still had on defense.

Aldridge had another bad night ... he is getting on my nerves more and more.

r0drig0lac
11-10-2016, 05:25 AM
Not to mention that I've never seen a team getting owned with so many lobs like this Spurs team. Paul and Jordan, Hill and Gobert, Harden and Capela ...

this, it's depressing

Killakobe81
11-10-2016, 06:41 AM
No time to panic but if you didn't know you would miss even a way past his prime Tim, anchoring the paint, then you don't know shit about basketball...

Even in their primes Aldridge and Pau cannot replace what old man gave you inside on defense

MI21
11-10-2016, 09:48 AM
We still have to realize that this team has seven new players ... five of them in their first season in the NBA. It will take some time.
Despite, its really eye-opening to watch what an impact a Tim Duncan literally on crudges still had on defense.

Aldridge had another bad night ... he is getting on my nerves more and more.

Yeah, his act is wearing thin right now.

He was brutal, demonstrative and engaged in the first game against GS but since then has been soft, introverted and disinterested. His touch around the rim is seriously the worst at the moment, I've never seen a skillful bigman miss so many easy shots around the rim. Sure, some of old-ass Tim's misses around the rim were painful but he was still more reliable than LMA is at the moment.

Proxy
11-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Dude don't worry, we've been without MVParker!

SASdynasty!
11-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Yep, all time leading playoff scoring point guards:

1. Parker (3,885)
2. Magic (3,701)

This year Parker will pass Bird to move into the top 10 playoff scorers of all time.

Cklbmk
11-10-2016, 08:42 PM
We don't have the post defense to be a real contender tbh.

Not with Gasol starting.

We need Dedmon to start

sananspursfan21
11-10-2016, 08:47 PM
We've been spoiled on amazing defense year in, year out (even in the 08-11 years)

GSH
11-11-2016, 12:26 AM

The Lakers were missing Magic, who was 20 years old and averaging 21.6 points, 8.6 AST, 8.6 RB, and 3.4 STL. If the Spurs were missing THAT then, yes, there would be a trend.

The Spurs are missing Parker, who's 50 years old and averaging 9.2 points, 4.3 AST, 2.6 RB, and 1.2 STL. When he comes back, he's not going to be an All-Star like Magic was.

spurs10
11-11-2016, 01:08 AM
The Lakers were missing Magic, who was 20 years old and averaging 21.6 points, 8.6 AST, 8.6 RB, and 3.4 STL. If the Spurs were missing THAT then, yes, there would be a trend.

The Spurs are missing Parker, who's 50 years old and averaging 9.2 points, 4.3 AST, 2.6 RB, and 1.2 STL. When he comes back, he's not going to be an All-Star like Magic was. Please stop letting the facts get in the way of our fantasies! :wow

DeRozan m8
11-11-2016, 01:14 AM
No team had ever come back from 3-1 down either, in the Finals.

Records are made to be broken

11-11-2016, 01:16 AM

r0drig0lac
11-11-2016, 07:04 AM
Please stop letting the facts get in the way of our fantasies! :wow

this

NameLess Scrub
11-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Please stop letting the facts get in the way of our fantasies! :wow

:lol

NameLess Scrub
11-11-2016, 08:12 AM
Not even surprised to see this team and the supposed "best system" struggling without Duncan. Duncan was the system. The defense, the offense and the locker-room presence to keep everyone in check.

I absolutely hate this offense and only 2 guys make a real difference on defense : DG and KL.

Soft guys on both ends, offense full of pump fakes and extra passes that create more TOs than open shots (Kyle is the king of it tbh sorry SAgirl)) and guys with absolutely no confidence to hit open 3s. Not to mention that I've never seen a team getting owned with so many lobs like this Spurs team. Paul and Jordan, Hill and Gobert, Harden and Capela ...

the Rockets beat us yesterday even with Harden choking hard to give us the win just because they had a stretch 4 who's automatic from deep that killed our momentum every time we got closer in the scoreboard. The Spurs have to fight too hard to get buckets without a real playmaker.

Teams seem to be able to lob at will. It's like somebody went to Teams -> Spurs -> Settings -> Defense and selected Easy.

NameLess Scrub
11-11-2016, 08:15 AM
Yeah, his act is wearing thin right now.

He was brutal, demonstrative and engaged in the first game against GS but since then has been soft, introverted and disinterested. His touch around the rim is seriously the worst at the moment, I've never seen a skillful bigman miss so many easy shots around the rim. Sure, some of old-ass Tim's misses around the rim were painful but he was still more reliable than LMA is at the moment.

It might easily be due to poor conditioning.

Poor conditioning impacts everything about someone's game. Motivation, ability to run and jump, the legs under shots, hustle, etc.

Timmy was missing freebies because his body was old and injured. Aldridge might be underperforming because he's fat.

look_at_g_shred
11-11-2016, 09:00 AM
The defense is just atrocious

Spurtacular
11-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Lost 3 consecutive home games and won an NBA championship in the same season, tbh:(

The 1995 Rockets and the 1981 Lakers..the latter was missing Magic for 1 of the games, though..

Celtics won in 81.

DJR210
11-11-2016, 02:54 PM
We already won the rs championship anyway when we blew out GS