PDA

View Full Version : How To Talk To Your Child About The Election Results

baseline bum
11-10-2016, 09:28 AM
How To Talk To Your Child About The Election Results (http://www.theonion.com/infographic/how-talk-your-child-about-election-results-54671)

http://i.onionstatic.com/onion/5501/0/16x9/700.jpg

Here’s some advice for talking to your child about the shocking outcome of the 2016 presidential election:

Children often understand more than we think, so start off by asking them if they have any idea what the fuck is happening.

Put their mind at ease by confirming that the results of this election aren’t the end of the world in any strictly literal sense.

Don’t be afraid to openly share your wine with them.

Avoid touching on any topic that might be distressing to a young child, such as the electoral college.

Reassure them that no matter what, the adults in their life will always feel obligated to tell them everything’s going to be all right.

Explain that testosterone is a naturally occurring steroid hormone that makes a person more aggressive and reactive.

Remind them that one day when they’re older, they’ll understand all of this a lot better and will get to decide for themselves whether or not they should forgive us.

Acquaint your daughter with the word “motherfucker” to equip her for what lies ahead.

If they have additional questions, direct them to your Twitter feed.

ducks
11-10-2016, 09:48 AM
It was very difficult talking about how the current president got re-elected with my kids

baseline bum
11-10-2016, 09:52 AM
It was very difficult talking about how the current president got re-elected with my kids

Learn English and it'll be easier.

RD2191
11-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Learn English and it'll be easier.

:lmao

DarrinS
11-10-2016, 10:45 AM
The Onion?

FromWayDowntown
11-10-2016, 10:52 AM
n/m

DarrinS
11-10-2016, 11:09 AM
"Sorry kids. Mommy and Daddy were too lazy to go out and vote."

FromWayDowntown
11-10-2016, 01:49 PM
"Get used to not seeing me much any more, dear child. Since we won't have health insurance any more, I'm going to have to work so many more hours to be able to pay for that surgery you desperately need, since now I have to pay for all of it and can't just pay towards satisfying a deductible. But don't worry, the Republicans tell me that nothing is more important than family. I'm sure they'll take care of you while I'm working all of the time."