PDA

View Full Version : I Love Ernie Johnson

DPG21920
11-10-2016, 09:15 PM

Splits
11-10-2016, 09:29 PM
:lol seriously?

OP is a faggot and people who pray are idiots.

FkLA
11-10-2016, 09:35 PM
:lol

DMC
11-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Lost me at Jesus

DPG21920
11-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Yes seriously. But this is ST and Splits I guess is racking up the cool points?

You don't have to believe in God/Jesus to appreciate someone with perspective overall. It was not like he was quoting scripture - he spoke about plenty of stuff beside his faith.

DPG21920
11-10-2016, 09:57 PM
I just appreciate how thoughtful and well-spoken he is. He also is timely. There is something inherently real and trustworthy to me about Ernie. And whether you agree or not it takes a level of courage to talk openly about sensitive things (especially religion) on that platform.

DMC
11-10-2016, 10:00 PM
I love Ernie, just not a big fan of the Jesus myth. He might as well have said he believed in Shrek.

pgardn
11-10-2016, 10:02 PM
Even though I despise sports people pontificating on social and political issues, the guy has always seemed like a real person to me. I liked it as well. Wonder if he felt like he would have been gut punched if Hillary had won though.

baseline bum
11-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Even though I despise sports people pontificating on social and political issues, the guy has always seemed like a real person to me. I liked it as well. Wonder if he felt like he would have been gut punched if Hillary had won though.

Why? Sports has always been political. Did you hate Ali for talking about war and racism and refusing to fight for a country that still looked at him as an angry ######? Real people have political views.

DPG21920
11-10-2016, 10:16 PM
I personally dont agree, but I definitely see why people don't like to see sports + whatever mixed. Sports is escape for a lot of people.

They see terrible news and politics everywhere. They usually go to sports to get away from it and often pay their hard earned money for sports. I get it, even though I like activism in sports.

Chris
11-10-2016, 10:19 PM
nice find Deeps :tu

Never knew Ernie was a brother in faith ty.

Dirk Oneanddoneski
11-10-2016, 10:21 PM
What did chuck say?

baseline bum
11-10-2016, 10:22 PM
I personally dont agree, but I definitely see why people don't like to see sports + whatever mixed. Sports is escape for a lot of people.

They see terrible news and politics everywhere. They usually go to sports to get away from it and often pay their hard earned money for sports. I get it, even though I like activism in sports.

There is no getting away from politics at a sporting event. They play the national anthem and you're supposed to stand for it. The air force guard stands there with their rifles while another holds the flag. Teams wear camouflage uniforms to kiss up to the military. When we're at war the players wear little American flags on their jerseys.

DMC
11-10-2016, 10:54 PM
What did chuck say?

Hold on... Ok I was shocked.. listen... I was shocked but still, I mean listen... somebody gotta lose.. I mean.. listen..

pgardn
11-10-2016, 10:56 PM
Why? Sports has always been political. Did you hate Ali for talking about war and racism and refusing to fight for a country that still looked at him as an angry ######? Real people have political views.

Entertainers know more than you and I? Why? F that shit.

Ali went to jail during the best period of his career.
Horrible comparison. He had skin fully in the game.

baseline bum
11-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Entertainers know more than you and I? Why? F that shit.

Ali went to jail during the best period of his career.
Horrible comparison. He had skin fully in the game.

Why is it a horrible comparison? What about Tommie Smith and John Carlos? They didn't go to jail. Should they have shut up too?

pgardn
11-10-2016, 11:00 PM
There is no getting away from politics at a sporting event. They play the national anthem and you're supposed to stand for it. The air force guard stands there with their rifles while another holds the flag. Teams wear camouflage uniforms to kiss up to the military. When we're at war the players wear little American flags on their jerseys.

So because they play the National anthem during sporting events I am supposed to be enthralled with Kurt Schilling's political analysis? You have got to be kidding? Just go bleed in your sock and stfu. Same with actors and actresses.

pgardn
11-10-2016, 11:03 PM
Why is it a horrible comparison? What about Tommie Smith and John Carlos? They didn't go to jail. Should they have shut up too?

They dont have to shut up. Of course not. But I'll be damned if I am going to listen to them commenting on the merits of nuclear annhilation as a deterrent. Skin in the game. Get it?

baseline bum
11-10-2016, 11:07 PM
So because they play the National anthem during sporting events I am supposed to be enthralled with Kurt Schilling's political analysis? You have got to be kidding? Just go bleed in your sock and stfu. Same with actors and actresses.

I didn't say you have to be enthralled by it. Telling people they should censor their political views because they're famous is nuts. Ali is a perfect example of trying to effect positive social change through celebrity. I like hearing athletes talk politics. It's a refreshing change of pace since most of them want to follow Jordan's lead and shut their mouths to keep from offending Nike.

pgardn
11-10-2016, 11:19 PM
I didn't say you have to be enthralled by it. Telling people they should censor their political views because they're famous is nuts. Ali is a perfect example of trying to effect positive social change through celebrity. I like hearing athletes talk politics. It's a refreshing change of pace since most of them want to follow Jordan's lead and shut their mouths to keep from offending Nike.

Where did I say censor themselves?

I said I don't personally like listening to entertainers spouting off like they know more about a particular subject than I do. You gave examples of people that have an intimate personal association with a very specific cause. I'm talking about Ernie (who I actually like and agree with) giving views about an election that I personally followed very closely. It's insulting, especially with the celebrities that are far removed from the event. They get a mike because they are entertainers and well known. Well they are NOT well known for analyzing complex political events.

I would rather hear from a journalist. That's part of the problem with news now. They get politicians in place of journalists because they are well known and provocative. What about sober analysis? Where did that go? I don't need to see pretty faces, I need good well thought out analysis.

Am I also expected to read Shaq's take on the election in an article he has written after careful analysis of demographics?

InRareForm
11-10-2016, 11:36 PM
ernie is A real dude

hater
11-11-2016, 12:05 AM
I guess Ernie is a little blind for not seeing the Repug rats are flowing into trump tbqh

This is a disaster brewing if Trump lets the snakes info his office. A total disaster

But still still better than a Shitler presidency. For sure

pgardn
11-11-2016, 12:10 AM
I guess Ernie is a little blind for not seeing the Repug rats are flowing into trump tbqh

This is a disaster brewing if Trump lets the snakes info his office. A total disaster

Which ones are the snakes?

Is Sarah Palin a snake? Or just plain stupid? Apparently greasy NJ Chris Fatsies is not a snake, just a fat Vaselined watermelon sliding through people onto a crowded bus during traffic jams.

spurraider21
11-11-2016, 12:16 AM
ernie doesnt realize how big a disaster trump could be tbh

increasing spending while eviscerating taxes... dudes gonna be like a 17 year old chick on her daddy's credit card, and then the next regime is going to have to clean his shit up and is gonna look bad in the inevitable stagnant economy that he caused

DarrinS
11-11-2016, 09:16 AM
"but I left with a clear conscience because I hadn't settled"

That logic rings hollow to me. A write in vote is a vote thrown away. It's the same as not voting, tbh.

boutons_deux
11-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Which ones are the snakes?

not sure what is meant by snakes,

but Trash's cabinet staffed with Julie Annie, Bolton, Palin, Christie, Cotton, JimmyRicky, "****" Simmons, Dimon and similar assholes would be a disaster, and absolutely would be maintaining the swamp that he LIED about draining.

DarrinS
11-11-2016, 09:29 AM
but Trash's cabinet staffed with Julie Annie, Bolton, Palin, Christie, Cotton, JimmyRicky, "****" Simmons, Dimon and similar assholes would be a disaster...

pgardn
11-11-2016, 09:40 AM
not sure what is meant by snakes,

but Trash's cabinet staffed with Julie Annie, Bolton, Palin, Christie, Cotton, JimmyRicky, "****" Simmons, Dimon and similar assholes would be a disaster, and absolutely would be maintaining the swamp that he LIED about draining.

Im thinking a snake tries to sneak on the Trump train when not onboard before the election.

And Bolton... uhhhh Trump will have to make his views on Russia clear before this guy will get on. He was not an isolationist.

RD2191
11-11-2016, 09:44 AM
OP is a faggot. That why your aunt and uncle hate you.

boutons_deux
11-11-2016, 09:45 AM

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/17607-rudy-looks-like-a-lady-giuliani-dressed-in-drag-with-donald-trump-in-newly-unearthed

he's dressed up other times as a woman.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/14/AR2007041400258.html

RD2191
11-11-2016, 09:51 AM
http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/17607-rudy-looks-like-a-lady-giuliani-dressed-in-drag-with-donald-trump-in-newly-unearthed

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/14/AR2007041400258.html

Crofl

SpursforSix
11-11-2016, 10:03 AM

ernie doesnt realize how big a disaster trump could be tbh

increasing spending while eviscerating taxes... dudes gonna be like a 17 year old chick on her daddy's credit card, and then the next regime is going to have to clean his shit up and is gonna look bad in the inevitable stagnant economy that he caused

Did you guys even watch the video? He wasn't pro Trump. But now that Trump's the president, he's willing to give him a chance and hope that it works. He's got the right attitude about the whole thing.

BTW, the E60 on Ernie is great.

elbamba
11-11-2016, 10:10 AM

I only think they should shut up when they don't share my political views.

DarrinS
11-11-2016, 10:31 AM

No, I get the joke, hence the :lol.

spurraider21
11-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Did you guys even watch the video? He wasn't pro Trump. But now that Trump's the president, he's willing to give him a chance and hope that it works. He's got the right attitude about the whole thing.

BTW, the E60 on Ernie is great.the fuck does that mean? he's not gonna assassinate him? its not like we have a choice in the matter

SpursforSix
11-11-2016, 12:42 PM
the fuck does that mean? he's not gonna assassinate him? its not like we have a choice in the matter

I think as opposed to those that are hoping he fails from day one.

Chinook
11-11-2016, 02:02 PM
the fuck does that mean? he's not gonna assassinate him? its not like we have a choice in the matter

I think Ernie could pull the assassination off. He's a real dude.

spurraider21
11-11-2016, 02:04 PM
I think Ernie could pull the assassination off. He's a real dude.
https://i.gyazo.com/149dbbe9670e55afabb9d7ba52ffaabb.png

rmt
11-11-2016, 02:39 PM
nice find Deeps :tu

Never knew Ernie was a brother in faith ty.

He probably found Jesus during his cancer scare (neck, throat?). When one is faced with death, that's usually when one feels the need for God.

Chris
11-11-2016, 03:08 PM
He probably found Jesus during his cancer scare (neck, throat?). When one is faced with death, that's usually when one feels the need for God.

It doesn't matter when they find Him, as long as they do find Him. :tu

TheGreatYacht
11-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Yea let's listen to the old rich white guy who has nothing at risk and "pray" and give Cuckald a chance.. :lol

Fuck him and Chuck

101A
11-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Christians are all cancer survivors? Didn’t know there were so many that escaped the Big C.

cd021
11-11-2016, 03:31 PM

Personally I like it too. Sports and issues such as racism have been closely intertwined.

Just last week a fan brought a effigy of Obama with a noose around his neck to a Wisconsin football game

SpursforSix
11-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Just last week a fan brought a effigy of Obama with a noose around his neck to a Wisconsin football game

wtf.

cd021
11-11-2016, 03:45 PM
wtf.

SpursforSix
11-11-2016, 03:51 PM

I don't think that's Obama. The guy is in a prison suit.

lefty
11-11-2016, 03:53 PM
I like Ernie but that wasn't needed

:cry "I'm not an attention whore"

spurraider21
11-11-2016, 03:54 PM
these are the people who are emboldened and now feel validated. great

DPG21920
11-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Personally I like it too. Sports and issues such as racism have been closely intertwined.

For sure. That Obama thing was disgusting. However, again with the straight to racism card in that tweet. I saw a photo of the same thing from Trump. Was that racist?