PDA

View Full Version : Van Jones: Dems need to figure out how to talk to white men

ducks
11-11-2016, 12:02 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/van-jones-axe-files/index.html

monosylab1k
11-11-2016, 12:06 AM
True. Unfortunately the proper response of rolling your eyes, shooting them the middle finger, and telling them to grow the fuck up and stop acting like entitled little bitches isn't as socially acceptable.

hater
11-11-2016, 12:06 AM
This lunatic has lost it since the election :lmao

He will probably be. Ehind bars in a mental institution in a couple of weeks :lmao

Axl Rose
11-11-2016, 12:16 AM
True. Unfortunately the proper response of rolling your eyes, shooting them the middle finger, and telling them to grow the fuck up and stop acting like entitled little bitches isn't as socially acceptable.
When did you become such a marxist agitator?

monosylab1k
11-11-2016, 12:20 AM
When did you become such a marxist agitator?

I just think a bunch of rich white guys whining about how they're abused and persecuted and want to take their country back is annoying as hell. It's not "your" country. If you hate the direction the country is heading, then move your white asses back to Europe.

SocialJusticeWarrior
11-11-2016, 12:42 AM

I just think a bunch of rich white guys whining about how they're abused and persecuted and want to take their country back is annoying as hell. It's not "your" country. If you hate the direction the country is heading, then move your white asses back to Europe.
One of us! One of us! One of us!

monosylab1k
11-11-2016, 12:47 AM
One of us! One of us! One of us!

:cry I guess I should just sit and eat Member Berries and whine about "muh country" :cry

spurraider21
11-11-2016, 12:51 AM
I just think a bunch of rich white guys whining about how they're abused and persecuted and want to take their country back is annoying as hell. It's not "your" country. If you hate the direction the country is heading, then move your white asses back to Europe.what about the vast majority of white folks who aren't rich but feel the same shit you mentioned

Spurminator
11-11-2016, 12:53 AM
It's not white guys they need to learn to talk to, it's rural America.

monosylab1k
11-11-2016, 12:53 AM
what about the vast majority of white folks who aren't rich but feel the same shit you mentioned

Open their eyes and quit letting rich white guys tell you how to feel.

Axl Rose
11-11-2016, 12:55 AM
It is my country, who settled here and built it out of nothing? You realize that in 1980 this country was 90% white right? We are going to fight you for it before we go anywhere. Affirmative action, endless immigration, racism towards whites, it's all going to stop

monosylab1k
11-11-2016, 01:03 AM
It is my country, who settled here and built it out of nothing? You realize that in 1980 this country was 90% white right? We are going to fight you for it before we go anywhere. Affirmative action, endless immigration, racism towards whites, it's all going to stop

:lol white guys were saying this in 1861 and got cucked, then again in 1964 and got cucked again. Good luck with this one.

AaronY
11-11-2016, 01:03 AM
Good luck with that

Axl Rose
11-11-2016, 01:29 AM
1860 was white vs white and was a travesty, now days racial awareness is growing among our people. What makes you think this isn't our country or that it would still be great if we weren't here to maintain it, other than just because you selfishly want what isn't yours?

Axl Rose
11-11-2016, 01:32 AM
We've also never had a president like trump before, who is fully racially aware and ran a campaign with not so subtle fascist undertones. The trump movement is going to beat you into submission and seize power once and for all, a one party state.

monosylab1k
11-11-2016, 01:33 AM
1860 was white vs white and was a travesty, now days racial awareness is growing among our people. What makes you think this isn't our country or that it would still be great if we weren't here to maintain it, other than just because you selfishly want what isn't yours?

Well you've got 4 years to get your nativist circle jerk on, have fun. We'll see if anything actually gets done.

monosylab1k
11-11-2016, 01:37 AM
We've also never had a president like trump before, who is fully racially aware and ran a campaign with not so subtle fascist undertones. The trump movement is going to beat you into submission and seize power once and for all, a one party state.

Certainly possible. This country is definitely headed towards another civil war.

Axl Rose
11-11-2016, 01:37 AM
Well you've got 4 years to get your nativist circle jerk on, have fun. We'll see if anything actually gets done.
No, we will have indefinite time because trump and his hand chosen successor won't ever be leaving power. Glorious fascism has arrived on our shores and millions will welcome it with open arms over the decadence and weakness of liberal democracy

Axl Rose
11-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Certainly possible. This country is definitely headed towards another civil war.
Agreed but I'm actually excited

monosylab1k
11-11-2016, 01:38 AM
No, we will have indefinite time because trump and his hand chosen successor won't ever be leaving power. Glorious fascism has arrived on our shores and millions will welcome it with open arms over the decadence and weakness of liberal democracy
:lol i honestly can't rule this out. Could happen, we'll see.

SnakeBoy
11-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Axl is going to be pretty upset when he realizes Trump is a moderate Democrat that likes to make deals.

Axl Rose
11-11-2016, 01:45 AM
Hindus believe that trump is the avatar of kalki, he who arrives at the end of a dark age and ushers in a new golden age usually by dark age methods. I'm not a Hindu at all but I do believe that history is cyclical

AaronY
11-11-2016, 02:35 AM
Hindus believe that trump is the avatar of kalki, he who arrives at the end of a dark age and ushers in a new golden age usually by dark age methods.
Oh, ok.

boutons_deux
11-11-2016, 06:20 AM

boutons_deux
11-11-2016, 06:37 AM
Axl is going to be pretty upset when he realizes Trump is a moderate Democrat that likes to make deals.

:lol moderate Democrat? :lol

What deals? :lol

Who, countering him, will Trash have to deal with?

Repugs control Congress and SCOTUS. what deals? :lol

Repugs are going to kill the filibuster, so their 52 Senators will pass whatever their paymasters want.

deal? :lol

Warlord23
11-11-2016, 06:57 AM
LOL at this thread. Trump is a walking talking Rorschach inkblot test. His supporters hold wildly different opinions of who Trump is and how he will act.

Is he subtly championing white nationalism or is he just a straight-talker who doesn't care about PC?
Is he an outsider who will drain the swamp or will he appoint proven GOP politicians like Newt, Rudy, Christie, Bolton?
Is he going to implement massive spending programs or will he cut down government and reduce the $19T debt he kept referring to?
Is he an instrument of God that will abolish abortion and gay marriage or will he turn the GOP around on social issues and normalize gay rights?
Is he going to put boots on the ground in the Middle East or is he going to stop combat operations and shut down American bases in allied countries?
Will he really build a wall and deport people or was that just a negotiation tactic from "The Art of the Deal"?

Depending on which of his supporters you ask, the answers to these questions will be totally different. But everyone thinks that he's been telling the truth on the policies that they like, and that he's not serious on the policies they dislike. I'm not sure Trump himself knows or cares.

z0sa
11-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Not their base at all, but the Democratic establishment proved they need to stop lying to themselves about their EXTREME elitism. "Sorry, we just cant" just got resoundingly rejected.

boutons_deux
11-11-2016, 07:12 AM
"I'm not sure Trump himself knows or cares."

If Trash can survive Jan 6, the office may change him for the better, but he's so fucked up mentally, so psychologically disordered, has been successful his whole life as con man, cheat, liar, traits which have now given him the Presidency (affirming in his sicko mind that conning, lying, cheating pay off), the office won't change him.

You People, and Trash's voters, seem to think the President is some of autocrat with kingly, dictatorial powers.

eg, BigCorp wrote and profits from NAFTA, BigCorp owns Congress, so Trash won't touch NAFTA or any other trade deal.

I expect NO initiatives from Trash

There will be "initiatives" but they will be window dressing, aligning exactly with the Repug establishment.

He will serve as passive Useful Sicko and sign everything the Repugs sends him, concentrating on the "blind trust" of his kids, how to increase his wealth.

The questions above are easily answered with great confidence, very simply: Trash's entire campaign is one big con job, one lie.

In office, he will do nothing but implement Repug establishment orthodoxy, VRWC strategy.

Jacob1983
11-12-2016, 01:46 AM
You're being a horrible person right now. HAHAHA! What an uppity arrogant crybaby. You lost Van. Your girl Hillary couldn't beat Trump. Fucking pathetic.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 01:59 AM
We've also never had a president like trump before, who is fully racially aware and ran a campaign with not so subtle fascist undertones. The trump movement is going to beat you into submission and seize power once and for all, a one party state.alt right representing.

loud and proud. not so subtle fascist undertones.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 02:04 AM
Axl is going to be pretty upset when he realizes Trump is a moderate Democrat that likes to make deals.Kinda like how Obama was a moderate Republican, but no Republican ever made a deal with him.

DMC
11-12-2016, 02:24 AM
Kinda like how Obama was a moderate Republican, but no Republican ever made a deal with him.

Didn't need to. He just used executive power to force his will.

Sec24Row7
11-12-2016, 06:45 AM
This is what they always say when they lose. They couldn't possibly be wrong, they just didn't present their superior policy positions with the right words.

FUCK them.

boutons_deux
11-12-2016, 08:27 AM
FUCK them.

Trash/Repugs gonna FUCK YOU and all the 99%

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Didn't need to. He just used executive power to force his will.Had little alternative. Congress wouldn't play ball.

Expect to see plenty of the same from President Trump if he doesn't get his way or finds legislative process inexpedient.

boutons_deux
11-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Expect to see plenty of the same from President Trump if he doesn't get his way or finds legislative process inexpedient.

Trash' way will match Repug Congress' way, no divergence.

And the shit Trash does through Exec Order will be met with approval or at worst silence from Repug Congress.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 11:39 AM
there'll be more institutional friction than you think. if Trump bridles at his GOP handlers, expect them to call Trump a fake conservative with a quickness.

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Didn't need to. He just used executive power to force his will.

That is merely because the GOP in congress, goaded by their hysterical base, pretty much refused to work with him at every turn, no matter how hard he tried.

Trump will have a friendly congress, at least for another two years, and will be able to do much more, for good or ill. I will guess it will end up being the latter based on his inexperience and ignorance, as well as the incompetents he is proposing to surround himself with.

I know conservative policy preferences tend to be failures (not always though), so I am actually hoping he get to try all of them out, despite the damage to our country. We can get it out of our system.

My only hope is that he isn't truly stupid enough to play much with nukes, and I hope the Joint Chiefs will keep him from getting too many servicemembers killed.

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 01:21 PM
there'll be more institutional friction than you think. if Trump bridles at his GOP handlers, expect them to call Trump a fake conservative with a quickness.

You can expect the Democrats in congress to do everything in their limited power to vote against anything he wants to do. I have mixed feelings about that.

1. Turnabout is fair play. Fuck you Republicans, reap what you sowed.
2. Be better. Everybody wins when we compromise and work to do things worth doing, best to get a bit of what you want into the mix, than be totally shut out.

If the next four years is the circus/car crash that it looks likely to be, the only chance for the country is #1. That means the blame is pretty easy to place for the negative feedback of an election.

The GOP went road #1 and it won them power. I don't think that lesson is lost on Dem establishment.

DMC
11-12-2016, 01:28 PM
That is merely because the GOP in congress, goaded by their hysterical base, pretty much refused to work with him at every turn, no matter how hard he tried.

Trump will have a friendly congress, at least for another two years, and will be able to do much more, for good or ill. I will guess it will end up being the latter based on his inexperience and ignorance, as well as the incompetents he is proposing to surround himself with.

I know conservative policy preferences tend to be failures (not always though), so I am actually hoping he get to try all of them out, despite the damage to our country. We can get it out of our system.

My only hope is that he isn't truly stupid enough to play much with nukes, and I hope the Joint Chiefs will keep him from getting too many servicemembers killed.

Right. So no need then for congress.

rmt
11-12-2016, 01:28 PM

Remind me again how Obamacare was passed without a single Republican vote - you really expect them to be amenable to working with Obama after he rammed it down our throats? And every single negative thing they said about ACA has come to pass.
Campaign's over, I won:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPsbV-IvLDU

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/23/obama-to-gop-i-won_n_160401.html

angrydude
11-12-2016, 05:54 PM
They can start by not saying "kill all white men"

The democrats do not yet realize the damage that has been done to their brand by not calling out their college "intellectuals" on their completely batshit insane gender and racial theories.

angrydude
11-12-2016, 05:58 PM
You can expect the Democrats in congress to do everything in their limited power to vote against anything he wants to do. I have mixed feelings about that.

1. Turnabout is fair play. Fuck you Republicans, reap what you sowed.
2. Be better. Everybody wins when we compromise and work to do things worth doing, best to get a bit of what you want into the mix, than be totally shut out.

If the next four years is the circus/car crash that it looks likely to be, the only chance for the country is #1. That means the blame is pretty easy to place for the negative feedback of an election.

The GOP went road #1 and it won them power. I don't think that lesson is lost on Dem establishment.

You realize what a stupid statement you're making? If that's true, then if the next four years are anything short of a circus/car crash, Trump is going to look like a genius.

What do you think is more likely?

Again, remember not to believe your own bullshit.

AFBlue
11-12-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm sorry, did 60 million white men vote for Donald Trump? Maybe democrats should focus on not colluding to nominate the most unlikeable, corrupt personification of political elitism as their candidate. Maybe they should shift away from dividing Americans into oversimplified categories like "white men" so they can figure out how to pander to them. Or not. Maybe Van is right.

spurraider21
11-12-2016, 09:53 PM
They can start by not saying "kill all white men"

The democrats do not yet realize the damage that has been done to their brand by not calling out their college "intellectuals" on their completely batshit insane gender and racial theories.yeah i remember hillary and other democratic leaders saying we should kill white men