PDA

View Full Version : Curry passes physical, joins Knicks

Horry For 3!
10-07-2005, 07:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-knicks-curry&prov=ap&type=lgns

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) -- Eddy Curry officially joined the New York Knicks on Friday after a team of doctors hired by the team cleared him to play.

The 22-year-old forward spent the past several days since being traded from Chicago to New York going through a battery of heart tests. He missed the final 13 games of last season and the playoffs after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat.

Curry, who spent his first four NBA seasons with the Bulls, took the court Friday evening to practice with the Knicks at the College of Charleston after the NBA reviewed the test results.

New York didn't demand Curry take a DNA test as Chicago had. The Bulls wanted the genetic screening to determine whether Curry is susceptible to a potentially fatal heart problem, a request Curry balked at, saying it violated his privacy.

Chicago traded the 6-foot-11 center to the Knicks with veteran center Antonio Davis for forwards Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney and Jermaine Jackson along with a conditional first-round draft pick in 2006, two future second-round selections and the option of exchanging picks with New York at a later draft.

After three sluggish years, Curry, who came to the NBA directly from high school, had broken through to lead the Bulls in scoring last season with a 16.1 average. He played a major role as Chicago won 47 games and reached the playoffs for the first time since 1998 -- when Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen led them to their sixth NBA title.

Sense
10-07-2005, 08:31 PM
:td Thomas.

Kori Ellis
10-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Well hopefully he stays healthy. It's a scary situation.

Horry For 3!
10-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Knicks line-up will now be....

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Richardson
PF Curry
C James

Sense
10-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Knicks line-up will now be....

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Richardson
PF Curry
C James

And in the bench, Malik Rose!!

Woohooo!

They are deep!

In the other hand, the Bulls are looking very good.

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 02:53 AM
And in the bench, Malik Rose!!

Woohooo!

They are deep!

In the other hand, the Bulls are looking very good.
At PF/C Malik, Maurice, Frye, Davis, Lee.

Obstructed_View
10-08-2005, 03:00 AM
That's a pretty talented starting five. They will be pretty good on the nights that all five of them feel like playing.

Dre_7
10-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Im glad he passed. I hope he has a great career. For some reason I have always liked Curry. I believe I even mentioned a desire to see him on the Spurs before.

BronxCowboy
10-08-2005, 06:43 AM
If Larry Brown can get them to play nice together, and give a little effort on defense, they could actually be decent. I won't be surprised to see them in the playoffs.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Frye will start over James.

Horry For 3!
10-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Frye will start over James.
Jerome James is the starting C for now.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2005, 04:10 PM
For training camp?

It'll be Fried Curry soon enough.

BronxCowboy
10-08-2005, 04:45 PM
I dunno. I agree that Frye should start over James, but remember, Frye is a rookie and LB is the head coach.

ducks
10-08-2005, 05:31 PM
I dunno. I agree that Frye should start over James, but remember, Frye is a rookie and LB is the head coach.

spurs should try to trade for frye :smokin

ChumpDumper
10-08-2005, 06:13 PM
I dunno. I agree that Frye should start over James, but remember, Frye is a rookie and LB is the head coach.Then he'll start Malik.

I'll be very surprised if Brown chooses to start a frontline with sub-Rasho rebounding. I don't think people realize just how bad these guys are in that department. And I'm not even going to get into offensive spacing.

ChumpDumper
10-09-2005, 10:40 AM
BTW - Curry has jumped into the running for this year's Rick James Memorial Doubletalk Award for this chestnut:
Curry disputed Paxson's claim that he refused to answer e-mails and return telephone calls or accept invitations to meet with him.

"Me and Paxson have already been through this,'' he said. "If I would have gotten an e-mail from Paxson, I would have responded. I never got an e-mail from Paxson. If he had called me, I would have called him back. But I felt that since we were in negotiations, that wasn't the time for me to be calling him back or meeting and getting personal with him.http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-bull09.html