PDA

View Full Version : Could Blacks have changed the vote?

Fabbs
11-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Any reliable stats on how many blacks did not vote?
Or who voted for other then Shillary (like write in Bernie or other candidate. For that matter, Trump :lol)

Any close states like Florida, Mich, PA that Blacks could have definitely pushed it to Shillary?
Oh i'm not suggesting they should have voted Shill. Just comparing how many voted for Barry Obama vs not voting for Shillary.

RD2191
11-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Voter suppression tbh

Xevious
11-11-2016, 12:28 PM
They couldn't get IDs. :cry

baseline bum
11-11-2016, 01:22 PM
She probably would have won Michigan if voters in Detroit had anything close to the turnout they did for Obama. Pennsylvania or Florida though I don't know.

rmt
11-11-2016, 01:31 PM
She probably would have won Michigan if voters in Detroit had anything close to the turnout they did for Obama. Pennsylvania or Florida though I don't know.

He would still have won without Michigan. Or one of either PA or FL (if he had won Michigan). It's unrealistic to think blacks would turn out for her as they did for Obama - outside of race, she's got so much baggage and no charisma which Obama is oozing with.

Wild Cobra
11-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Why can't you racists at least try to become colorblind?

DMC
11-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Blacks turned out for Obama because he looks black. Why people try to deny that minorities are the biggest groups who decide primarily along racial lines is beyond me. I don't consider that racist, but I do consider it to be racial discrimination which I am ok with.

DarrinS
11-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Yes -- they could've changed the outcome.

But, "whitelash" :cry

baseline bum
11-11-2016, 02:07 PM
He would still have won without Michigan. Or one of either PA or FL (if he had won Michigan). It's unrealistic to think blacks would turn out for her as they did for Obama - outside of race, she's got so much baggage and no charisma which Obama is oozing with.

Yes I know, Trump would have had 290 electoral votes had blacks turned out in Michigan. That's the one state where you can definitely say the lack of black turnout cost her.

SnakeBoy
11-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Doesn't matter now...in 4 years Trump is getting 95% of the black vote

Darth_Pelican
11-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Blacks had a black president for the past 8 years, and 8 years later their living conditions didn't change for the better at all. They finally realized that politics wouldn't help them so they didn't bother voting for a couple of white candidates this time around.

Trill Clinton
11-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Blacks had a black president for the past 8 years, and 8 years later their living conditions didn't change for the better at all. They finally realized that politics wouldn't help them so they didn't bother voting for a couple of white candidates this time around.

yup and white women could have changed the vote more than anyone.

SnakeBoy
11-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Blacks = sexist
White women = racist

Hillary = Fucked

Splits
11-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Doesn't matter now...in 4 years Trump is getting 95% of the black vote

:lol

DMC
11-11-2016, 04:42 PM

They didn't expect better living conditions. They got caught up in the hyperbole about electing the 1st black president. in 30 years that will be a very important point in American history. Right now it's a cute rebuttal to oppression arguments.

florige
11-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Any reliable stats on how many blacks did not vote?
Or who voted for other then Shillary (like write in Bernie or other candidate. For that matter, Trump :lol)

Any close states like Florida, Mich, PA that Blacks could have definitely pushed it to Shillary?
Oh i'm not suggesting they should have voted Shill. Just comparing how many voted for Barry Obama vs not voting for Shillary.

I personally know five black chicks in VA who were Bernie supporters. Two were flat out skipping over the Presidential ballot, one was going with Jill Stein, the other one was writing in Bernie, and the last one was leaning Trump. Lord only knows how many other people shared the same line of thinking. Also Obama won young voters by 23% Hillary only by a whopping 4%, translation the Bernie or Bust crowd totally swung this election.

rmt
11-12-2016, 05:26 AM
I personally know five black chicks in VA who were Bernie supporters. Two were flat out skipping over the Presidential ballot, one was going with Jill Stein, the other one was writing in Bernie, and the last one was leaning Trump. Lord only knows how many other people shared the same line of thinking. Also Obama won young voters by 23% Hillary only by a whopping 4%, translation the Bernie or Bust crowd totally swung this election.

Do you blame them - after all that's come out of WikiLeaks? The debate questions, collaboration between DNC and Hillary's campaign, the whole super delegates issue, email/server, Clinton Foundation, flip-flop on TPP, Wall Street ties?

Thread
11-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Blacks turned out for Obama because he looks black. Why people try to deny that minorities are the biggest groups who decide primarily along racial lines is beyond me. I don't consider that racist, but I do consider it to be racial discrimination which I am ok with.

Yep, voting with a 90% block is the truth.

florige
11-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Do you blame them - after all that's come out of WikiLeaks? The debate questions, collaboration between DNC and Hillary's campaign, the whole super delegates issue, email/server, Clinton Foundation, flip-flop on TPP, Wall Street ties?

It was really just too much at the end for her to overcome. Comney re-opening that investigation was the nail in the coffin. Having to spend the very last week back tracking and playing defense is not a way you would like to end a campaign. But most Bernie supporters I knew already had their minds made up after the primaries. I think she still probably loses even without Comney, probably just not as bad.

Will Hunting
11-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Did the Comey thing really have that much of an impact at all? I personally don't think so.

She lost the election because of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin & Michigan. All three of states don't have any early voting, so the Comey thing was over before a single vote was cast there.

As florige mentioned, her dirty primary campaign created too many disillusioned millennials and progressives. That definitely cost her in Wisconsin as Madison has a huge millennial/progressive base. People saw her as part of the problem after she used an endless campaign bankroll & super-delegates to destroy Bernie Sanders and kill any movement he was trying to create. Then on top of that, DNC convention speakers like Sarah Silverstein made it worse when they basically told Bernie supporters to shut up and fall in line.

If I were Sanders, I'd feel stupid for supporting her the way he did after the primary.

rmt
11-12-2016, 11:28 AM
If I were Sanders, I'd feel stupid for supporting her the way he did after the primary.

The dems (I know, he's independent but he ran as a democrat) are united and fall in line - unlike the republicans.

monosylab1k
11-12-2016, 11:30 AM
Did the Comey thing really have that much of an impact at all? I personally don't think so.

She lost the election because of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin & Michigan. All three of states don't have any early voting, so the Comey thing was over before a single vote was cast there.

As florige mentioned, her dirty primary campaign created too many disillusioned millennials and progressives. That definitely cost her in Wisconsin as Madison has a huge millennial/progressive base. People saw her as part of the problem after she used an endless campaign bankroll & super-delegates to destroy Bernie Sanders and kill any movement he was trying to create. Then on top of that, DNC convention speakers like Sarah Silverstein made it worse when they basically told Bernie supporters to shut up and fall in line.

Probably would have been more effective for Sanders to back Hillary as the lesser of two evils. Would have made more sense to his backers than the cuckfest he put on.

Will Hunting
11-12-2016, 11:44 AM
The dems (I know, he's independent but he ran as a democrat) are united and fall in line - unlike the republicans.

I don't think they're necessarily united, I think there's an unwritten rule in the Democratic party that if you want to get anywhere, you do what the Clintons ask, and also a rule that anyone who stands up to the Clintons risks getting ostracized.

Even Obama after beating Hilary in the primary in 08, he immediately became a Clinton surrogate who surrounded himself with the same advisors slick willy had.

monosylab1k
11-12-2016, 11:49 AM

Except their voter base was completely fractured, and instead of fixing that, they simply dismissed that group, treated them like shit, and assumed they would eventually fall in line.

monosylab1k
11-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Funny, at the RNC the speakers were divided but the crowd was unified. At the DNC the speakers were unified but the crowd was divided. Media reported the RNC as a disaster and the DNC as a real coming together of the party :lol

Will Hunting
11-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Probably would have been more effective for Sanders to back Hillary as the lesser of two evils. Would have made more sense to his backers than the cuckfest he put on.

I'm not sure since it seems like the big difference this time around was that the "lesser of two evils" argument didn't work for the Dems, even though theoretically it should have been able to work against the most controversial presidential candidate in the last 75 years (granted, Trump could have actually been videotaped grabbing some random woman's pussy, and he still wouldn't have been as easy to hate as Shit Romney was :lol).

Trump did run a good campaign and he knew exactly what states to target, but the statistic no one is talking about is that he had LESS overall votes than Romney did in 2012. The big reason he won is because there was a big chunk of Democrats that simply didn't vote.

Will Hunting
11-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Wisconsin for example is a demonstration of how arrogant Clinton is....Trump had only 2,000 votes more than Romney yet he won the state because Clinton had 250k votes less than Obama.

After Hillary got almost as many delegates as Sanders did during the primary in Wisconsin even though he won the state 56% to 43%, and this happened solely because the super-delegates in the state were 9:1 in favor of her when they're supposed to be representing the people, any normal person would expect a good number of people to feel disenfranchised and uneasy about voting for the very person who's political machine quashed their primary vote, but not Hilary. She didn't even fucking visit the state once after the primary, she was simply so sure that the Wisconsin voters who were obviously snubbed by a rigged political process during the primary would fall in line and vote for her.

That right there is why people find Hillary so unlikable. She has the attitude that she shouldn't have to talk to or relate to people, that they should just know how amazing she is.

rmt
11-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Wisconsin for example is a demonstration of how arrogant Clinton is....Trump had only 2,000 votes more than Romney yet he won the state because Clinton had 250k votes less than Obama.

After Hillary got almost as many delegates as Sanders did during the primary in Wisconsin even though he won the state 56% to 43%, and this happened solely because the super-delegates in the state were 9:1 in favor of her when they're supposed to be representing the people, any normal person would expect a good number of people to feel disenfranchised and uneasy about voting for the very person who's political machine quashed their primary vote, but not Hilary. She didn't even fucking visit the state once after the primary, she was simply so sure that the Wisconsin voters who were obviously snubbed by a rigged political process during the primary would fall in line and vote for her.

That right there is why people find Hillary so unlikable. She has the attitude that she shouldn't have to talk to or relate to people, that they should just know how amazing she is.

Well, this ties into what you said above about Obama and others falling in line with the Clintons. Her mistake was thinking that the voters (in those rust belt states) would too.

rmt
11-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Shouldn't you all be out pushing to get rid of super delegates for next election?