PDA

View Full Version : John Wall Sweepstakes?

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 11:30 AM
I know the reality maybe slim to none...but he's disgruntled and the Wizards seem to moving backwards. He's locked in on a great contract and when his mind and attitude is right he's one of the best point guards in the league.

What would you trade to get him? LMA? Parker? Etc.

Parker, Murray, Anderson works contacts wise.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2016, 11:31 AM
I know the reality maybe slim to none...but he's disgruntled and the Wizards seem to moving backwards. He's locked in on a great contract and when his mind and attitude is right he's one of the best point guards in the league.

What would you trade to get him? LMA? Parker? Etc.

Parker, Murray, Anderson works contacts wise.

:lol come on, coach..

Chinook
11-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Nah. The smartest thing is probably to ride the wake of this trade. Like get the current PG from whichever team trades for him, or try to grab some pieces from Washington after Wall is gone.

houston spurs fan
11-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Let's go after Steph too!!! I think we have a chance!

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 11:37 AM
:lol come on, coach..

Lmao I know man I'm just living in fantasy world..

Just throwing ideas out there

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Nah. The smartest thing is probably to ride the wake of this trade. Like get the current PG from whichever team trades for him, or try to grab some pieces from Washington after Wall is gone.

I obviously don't know what it'd take to get in the sweepstakes for Wall..but I can see him getting moved. You wouldn't be interested to kick the tires for him?

Chinook
11-11-2016, 11:50 AM
I obviously don't know what it'd take to get in the sweepstakes for Wall..but I can see him getting moved. You wouldn't be interested to kick the tires for him?

For his price... no. He and Kawhi look to be an awkward fit, and without LMA they are definitely not a contender. But if some team ends up making the commitment and are sending out a journeyman PG, I'd be on the phone.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Wall won't be traded until this Summer or next year's mid-season IMO..they'll give Scott Brooks 1 season to work things out, considering the Wizards are currently in no-man's land(mediocre and no future)..

He will definitely be traded at some point prior to the ending of his contract, though IMO, since he is their only positive asset that could acquire anything of value..

Signing a mediocre, injury-prone SG to a 5-year max deal really destroyed their future outlook, tbh..

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Wall won't be traded until this Summer or next year's mid-season IMO..they'll give Scott Brooks 1 season to work things out, considering the Wizards are currently in no-man's land(mediocre and no future)..

He will definitely be traded at some point prior to the ending of his contract, though IMO, since he is their only positive asset that could acquire anything of value..

Signing a mediocre, injury-prone SG to a 5-year max deal really destroyed their future outlook, tbh..

Well if they stay where they are on the standings near the deadline I can see something happening.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2016, 12:07 PM
It wouldn't be shocking, but they could do a lot better than anything the Spurs could offer IMO..even Aldridge doesn't make sense for them..

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 12:16 PM
It wouldn't be shocking, but they could do a lot better than anything the Spurs could offer IMO..even Aldridge doesn't make sense for them..

Well maybe not directly but if other teams get involved you never know...

r0drig0lac
11-11-2016, 01:15 PM
He and PG13 (If only we had not traded[/) will play together

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2016, 03:52 PM
John Wall is a more athletic version of Rondo & just as much of a locker-room cancer.:nope

The Wizard would be better served trading him to the Pelicans for Jrue Holiday & lotto picks b/c the Pelicans are desperate for an all-star sidekick for Davis. He's buddies w/ Davis & knows he's better than him so he won't be bitching about his contract.

Chinook
11-11-2016, 03:54 PM
John Wall is a more athletic version of Rondo & just as much of a locker-room cancer.:nope

The Wizard would be better served trading him to the Pelicans for Jrue Holiday & lotto picks b/c the Pelicans are desperate for an all-star sidekick for Davis.

And that's when the Spurs swoop in and get Jrue for Parker and pick(s). It's the perfect crime.

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2016, 03:56 PM
And that's when the Spurs swoop in and get Jrue for Parker and pick(s). It's the perfect crime.

Why in the hell would the Wiz take Porker & a late 1st rd pick over Jrue unless he doesn't want to play in Washington?:lol

Maybe if he got traded to the Wolves for Dunn/Rubio I could see the Wiz finding a late 1st rd pick to be attractive for a Rubio/Porker swap especially since Porker has a shorter contract.

Chinook
11-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Why in the hell would the Wiz take Porker & a late 1st rd pick over Jrue unless he doesn't want to play in Washington?:lol

He's expiring, and they aren't going anywhere. At least they know Tony will be there for another year. That's comforting, right?

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2016, 04:02 PM
He's expiring, and they aren't going anywhere. At least they know Tony will be there for another year. That's comforting, right?

Porker is essentially the worst starting point guard in the league, they might as well sign Teague in the summer. I'm not sure what's "comforting" about having Porker's contract on the pay-roll.:lol

The only starting material playmakers I could see being moved for Porker are guys on a similar or longer contract who have been deemed expendable.

Off the top of my head, I can only come up w/ two:

-Rubio
-Monta Ellis
...maybe Brandon Knight but they can probably get a protected lotto pick for him from a team like the Kings.

sasaint
11-11-2016, 04:03 PM

Maybe if he got traded to the Wolves for Dunn/Rubio I could see the Wiz finding a late 1st rd pick to be attractive for a Rubio/Porker swap especially since Porker has a shorter contract.

Why not make a move for Dunn?

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Why not make a move for Dunn?

Why in the hell w/ the Wolves trade Dunn for Porker after they JUST drafted him in the lotto?:downspin:

In any case, Dunn is too raw to even be a starting point guard. Eric Bledsoe is essentially the fully formed version of Dunn.

NameLess Scrub
11-11-2016, 04:05 PM

Tony will never leave the Spurs. Pop has already put him in his will.

I'd trade LaMarcus' extra fat for Wall, fwiw.

gambit1990
11-11-2016, 04:08 PM
idk what wall's contract is but if it's reasonable i'll take him + gortat (if he can still play) for parker +...

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 04:09 PM

The Wizard would be better served trading him to the Pelicans for Jrue Holiday & lotto picks b/c the Pelicans are desperate for an all-star sidekick for Davis. He's buddies w/ Davis & knows he's better than him so he won't be bitching about his contract.

John Wall is waaaaaaaay better than Rondo...cmon now

gambit1990
11-11-2016, 04:10 PM
do the wizards still have the assistant coach who was an assistant coach here?

the bald guy who used to play for the steelers.

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2016, 04:25 PM
John Wall is waaaaaaaay better than Rondo...cmon now

I'm talking about pre-injury Rondo at his peak ('08-'12) when he was dueling & at times outplaying Lebron.

lDGwG7HL8b4

MaNu4Tres
11-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Spurs get:

PG - Wall
SG/SF/PF - Porter
SF/PF - Morris

Wizards get :

PF - Aldridge
PG - Mills
SF - Anderson
PG - Murray

Who says no, who says yes?

sasaint
11-11-2016, 04:45 PM
Why in the hell w/ the Wolves trade Dunn for Porker after they JUST drafted him in the lotto?:downspin:

In any case, Dunn is too raw to even be a starting point guard. Eric Bledsoe is essentially the fully formed version of Dunn.

I wasn't suggesting a Parker/Dunn trade. I don't think they would give him away. But the TWolves have a glut of guys they want/have to handle the ball, and Dunn, therefore, might be obtainable.

I'd love to get Bledsoe. I might even consider taking their garbage, Chandler, in a package that included ours, too.

gambit1990
11-11-2016, 04:58 PM
https://s21.postimg.org/py80ro507/Screen_Shot_2016_11_11_at_3_48_41_PM.png

+5 wins for the spurs
-8 wins for the wizards :lol

gambit1990
11-11-2016, 05:04 PM
you know how people complain about la being soft?

gortat said he wished the nba was like hockey, where they let you fight :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm not a Wall guy(I hate guards with no shot), but the Wizards could definitely get a big return for him..why would they want the Spurs' garbage?:lol

apalisoc_9
11-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Spurs get:

PG - Wall
SG/SF/PF - Porter
SF/PF - Morris

Wizards get :

PF - Aldridge
PG - Mills
SF - Anderson
PG - Murray

if the Wizards ever do this trade...:lol

poeticism707
11-11-2016, 05:21 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 05:25 PM
I'm talking about pre-injury Rondo at his peak ('08-'12) when he was dueling & at times outplaying Lebron.

lDGwG7HL8b4

Well they're different players to begin with IMO. Wall is a poor man Westbrook..speed and size is off the charts for a PG.

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 05:26 PM
I'm not a Wall guy(I hate guards with no shot), but the Wizards could definitely get a big return for him..why would they want the Spurs' garbage?:lol

3 team trade?

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 05:31 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Wizards also gets picks from Spurs/Suns

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Spurs get:

PG - Wall
SG/SF/PF - Porter
SF/PF - Morris

Wizards get :

PF - Aldridge
PG - Mills
SF - Anderson
PG - Murray

Patty is going to be a free agent & Fat Head/Murray are unproven players. I don't think they will trade Porter since he's basically their only bright spot this season. If they are intrigued enough w/ DeJounte they could do a Wall/Morris swap for Softridge/Patty/Murray & have Patty be the stop gap PG. Parting w/ Morris shouldn't be an issue since he plays the same position as Softridge.

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Well they're different players to begin with IMO. Wall is a poor man Westbrook..speed and size is off the charts for a PG.

Wall doesn't have a scorer's mentality & is a much better playmaker/defender than WestBrick. Wall is also really fast from end-to-end but he isn't explosive on his drives which was basically what Rondo was before he got injured. I also don't remember ever seeing Wall post up which is what WestBrick does against most PGs.

Kawhitstorm
11-11-2016, 05:55 PM
https://s21.postimg.org/py80ro507/Screen_Shot_2016_11_11_at_3_48_41_PM.png

+5 wins for the spurs
-8 wins for the wizards :lol

I've thought about this but they would have to be really in love w/ Softridge but I don't remember then recruiting him when he was a free-agent. Probably have to throw in Murray to sweeten the pot even if they wanted Softridge to be the face of their franchise.

coachmac87
11-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Suns- Get Aldridge

Spurs- Get Chriss, Wall

Wizards- Get Knight, Mills, Picks

wildcardX
11-11-2016, 06:19 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/63618464.jpg