PDA

View Full Version : Trump campaign promise tracker

Warlord23
11-11-2016, 07:58 PM
So it's early days, and this will probably keep changing over the next few weeks and months. Here's what the Trumpster and his team are indicating at this time:

1. "Drain the swamp": Lots of insiders queueing up at the trough, and Trump seems to be fine with them. http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transition-drain-the-swamp/index.html

2. "Make Mexico pay for the wall": Now I'm sure Trump with his construction business is raring to go with the wall, but old Newt thinks funding it via Mexico may have been a "campaign device". http://theweek.com/speedreads/661335/newt-gingrich-admits-trump-probably-cant-mexico-pay-wall-but-great-campaign-device

3. "Lock her up": Christie thinks it's time to move on and play nice. http://www.app.com/story/news/politics/new-jersey/chris-christie/2016/11/10/christie-says-trump-not-prosecute-clinton/93583546/

4. "Repeal and replace": Apparently Trump likes some of the core principles of the ACA. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37953528

5. "Rip up the Iran deal": Not so fast, maybe? http://www.timesofisrael.com/adviser-says-trump-wont-rip-up-iran-deal-signals-he-may-not-move-embassy/

Any guesses on where Trump and reality will collide next?

DarrinS
11-11-2016, 08:07 PM
2. and 3. will not be kept.

Warlord23
11-11-2016, 08:11 PM
I think all 5 of those things will either be watered down or re-branded. The base will swallow it hook, line and sinker though Thread ducks rmt

spurraider21
11-11-2016, 08:15 PM
1. what is he really going to do to "drain the swamp"... nominate a justice to overturn Citizens United? Big congress to vote for term limits onto themselves?

2. lol

3. smart move is to move on... would be a real drag if one of his first major decisions is to prosecute his political rival and she walks out scot-free. would make him look petty and would go lengths to confirm it's a witch-hunt. better for him to let it go. though trump doesn't really seem like the person to want to let it go, especially if giuliani wants to prosecute

4. i get that he wants to keep parts of it, but i dont know how its feasible to keep pre-existing conditions, remove the mandate, AND have premiums go down. the math doesn't add up, and no "state lines" wont solve that

5. i have no clue

Will Hunting
11-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Only way 3) was ever going to happen is if Hilary pulled something to contest the election results and delayed his win, then he might have done something out of spite.....her stepping aside quietly and respectfully kills any chance of him going after her. Emailgate will become yesterday's news pretty quickly.

Thread
11-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Only way 3) was ever going to happen is if Hilary pulled something to contest the election results and delayed his win, then he might have done something out of spite.....her stepping aside quietly and respectfully kills any chance of him going after her. Emailgate will become yesterday's news pretty quickly.

Food for thought.

ADDENDUM:::And she thought long & hard about doing exactly that, but, even yesterday & today she would have had to turn Wisconsin, and keep MI. & NH. and somehow make AZ. work. Yesterday AZ. still had a 1/2 a million votes to count, but, they're from Maricopa County (Phoenix) which is the Republican stronghold so she can't get there. She just cannot make the numbers work and her people have shown her that.

If she coulda she would have and she'd a never quit like Gore did.

Clipper Nation
11-11-2016, 08:46 PM
:lol "Trump is breaking all his promises!!!" is the new false narrative from the idiots who just spent over a year insisting he wouldn't win.

1. Picking people with political experience for his transition team is not the same thing as tolerating corruption. If he picked all people with no political experience, they would rip him to shreds for that too.

2. Newt Gingrich is not Trump.

3. Chris Christie is not Trump. Trump's campaign has said that the special prosecutor for Hillary is still on the table: http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/trump-camp-leaves-door-open-to-special-prosecutor-for-clinton/

4. Liking parts of Obamacare =/= liking all of Obamacare and wanting to keep the whole thing intact.

5. The media would lose their minds if Trump ripped up the Iran deal without reviewing it first. What's the harm in reading it over?

Nice try, though.

Will Hunting
11-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Yeah sorry but you're delusional if you think Trump is going to go after Clinton himself or have anyone in his cabinet do so at all once he's sworn into office.

Warlord23
11-11-2016, 08:55 PM
^So you think Mexico will pay up and Shillary will be investigated? Boy you're gullible.

Also on Obamacare, the parts that he likes (pre-existing conditions and children being on their parent's plans) need to be paid for. Currently they are balanced by the things he doesn't like (subsidies, mandate, etc). He is going to rebrand this thing and you'll lap it up and cheer for him.

Will Hunting
11-11-2016, 08:57 PM
It's basically as delusional as all the Obama supporters in '08 who seriously thought Obama was going to seek criminal charges against W for war crimes.

TheSanityAnnex
11-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Yeah sorry but you're delusional if you think Trump is going to go after Clinton himself or have anyone in his cabinet do so at all once he's sworn into office.
The FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation is still ongoing, he takes offices and lets it continue. That isn't going after her that is letting our justice system run its course.

I find it odd that people think Trump can just stop the FBI investigation. The Obama administration did its best to squash it and pissed off agents started leaking info to the public. These guys brought a case against the Foundation to the DOJ once, they will do it again.

Will Hunting
11-11-2016, 09:12 PM
The FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation is still ongoing, he takes offices and lets it continue. That isn't going after her that is letting our justice system run its course.

That's not what I'm saying. He said during the debate that he was going to nominate a special prosecutor if he wins. I'm saying there's no way that's going to happen.

letting the FBI conduct an ongoing investigation =/= intervening and picking a prosecutor to go after someone

DMX7
11-11-2016, 10:00 PM
He looked scared shitless yesterday in the Oval Office -- had this "what the fuck did I get myself into" look on his face the whole time.

InRareForm
11-11-2016, 11:03 PM
trump is very competitive... he became president, but now he wants to be a great president. I doubt he does most of the campaign promises he proposed tbh...

Spurminator
11-11-2016, 11:20 PM
I hope he does build the wall. It would be a great job creator. Maybe it would even be a tourist attraction.

Don't give up on the wall so quickly, let's hold him to it!

Winehole23
11-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Bullshit came out of trump's mouth so fast he can't even keep track of it. Expecting consistency is clearly misguided.

Chris
11-12-2016, 12:11 AM
Trump is also either going to re-negotiate NAFTA or end it if he doesn't like the deal.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 12:14 AM
Can't do that without the Senate.

Do you think the Senate is going to kick our number one trading partner -- Canada -- and Mexico (#3) in the nuts?

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 12:17 AM
The rest of the GOP is not going to become protectionist -- anti-free trade -- overnight.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 12:18 AM
There's going to be a fight inside the GOP. Trump isn't the king.

rmt
11-12-2016, 12:53 AM
There's going to be a fight inside the GOP. Trump isn't the king.

Laura Ingraham: Republican Party Belongs To Trump Now
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date November 11, 2016

Radio host Laura Ingraham weighs in on the effect Donald Trump has had in remaking the Republican Party.

LAURA INGRAHAM: This is Trump's party now. The Never-Trumpers, what, are there five people, no offense, but there weren't that many.

He flipped states that were Democrat states.

He came in and completely upended the Bushes, the Clintons, Obama, the Chambers of Commerce, the media, Hollywood.

He took them all on. He got vilified. He made some mistakes. But he won handily.

The idea that he is going to come in and be like, okay, I gotta make Bill Kristol feel better, that's just ridiculous.

He is going to what he said he is going to do. It's going to be hard. Obamacare repeal, Paul Ryan is right. It's not that simple. It's a complex web which was designed that way to make it really hard to repeal.

I think Trump is happy to work with Paul Ryan on Trump's agenda. Where their agenda coalesces and collides, they will figure it out. I don't think Trump will spend time pleasing the Never-Trumpers. He pleased the American people. He has a mandate. The Democrats will have to deal with that agenda. We will see what happens.

I agree with her. They coat tailed off Trump - those who distanced themselves from him lost - they have WH and Congress because of him and after 8 years of do-nothing, I think they'll try to pass as much as possible in the first 2 years.

DMX7
11-12-2016, 12:56 AM
I'm not sure Trump has much of an agenda. He's passionate about trade deals and maybe infrastructure building but probably not much else. I think it's possible a bunch of neocons end up using him the way they used George W. Bush to get whatever they want ... in that way they will exploit his lack of interest on most other things.

baseline bum
11-12-2016, 12:58 AM
I think Trump is happy to work with Paul Ryan on Trump's agenda. Where their agenda coalesces and collides, they will figure it out. I don't think Trump will spend time pleasing the Never-Trumpers. He pleased the American people. He has a mandate. The Democrats will have to deal with that agenda. We will see what happens.

He has a mandate by winning by -1.5%? :lol

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 01:12 AM
He has the House and the Senate. we'll see if they can all play together.

Nbadan
11-12-2016, 01:58 AM
I'm not sure Trump has much of an agenda. He's passionate about trade deals and maybe infrastructure building but probably not much else. I think it's possible a bunch of neocons end up using him the way they used George W. Bush to get whatever they want ... in that way they will exploit his lack of interest on most other things.

Remember that at the heart of Neocon is Neo-liberalism.....much more in pace with what NATO is doing in the Balkins favored by Hillary and which Trump balked at during the election....

DMC
11-12-2016, 02:27 AM
Trump used an old Chinese saying, one Bruce himself used to say: You use a boat to get across the river, but once you reach the other shore, you don't need to carry the boat with you. All that shit he said got him elected. That was his goal, to get elected. He won't worry about doing much until he's looking for re-election, and all this hoopla will have been for nothing. He's a billionaire, he's going to build his personal wealth. That's what presidents do now.

It's the house and senate, and the USSC that liberals really need to be focused on. Those people are going to do things.

DMC
11-12-2016, 02:30 AM
He has the House and the Senate. we'll see if they can all play together.

More importantly the house and senate have him. That's a lot of people to introduce GOP friendly bills.

Nbadan
11-12-2016, 02:38 AM
More importantly the house and senate have him. That's a lot of people to introduce GOP friendly bills.

the real test will come on trade TBH....reforming NAFTA and resisting TPP despite the GOP...

"Some in your Administration reportedly believe passage of TPP should be attempted following November’s election. We respectfully, but strongly, disagree," the letter stated. It was signed by Reps. Candace Miller and Dave Trott of Michigan, Bill Shuster and Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, Ed Whitfield (Ky.) and Ted Yoho (Fla.).

Wild Cobra
11-12-2016, 02:51 AM
2. and 3. will not be kept.

Very few campaign promises are.

Wild Cobra
11-12-2016, 02:52 AM
Bullshit came out of trump's mouth so fast he can't even keep track of it. Expecting consistency is clearly misguided.

Hillary's bullshit was even more prominent.

can't you acknowledge both sides are liars?

Wild Cobra
11-12-2016, 02:53 AM
Can't do that without the Senate.

Do you think the Senate is going to kick our number one trading partner -- Canada -- and Mexico (#3) in the nuts?

Yes he can. There is a provision to step out of it, written in the agreement.

Wild Cobra
11-12-2016, 02:54 AM
the real test will come on trade TBH....reforming NAFTA and resisting TPP despite the GOP...

I think he will make good on that one.

Nbadan
11-12-2016, 03:04 AM

Considering that this was one of his major selling points with rust belt blue collar workers, I think he has to make good on that one.....trouble is, how far will the GOP congress go?

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Yes he can. There is a provision to step out of it, written in the agreement.how does that work, profe?

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 10:03 AM
I think he will make good on that one.why do you think it's a good idea to antagonize our three biggest trading partners? (counting China because Trump promised to take them on too)

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 10:05 AM
If the result is I have to spend 50 cents more for a tape measure made in Lansing, Im good with that.

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 10:06 AM
That's obviously way simplistic, but the drift counts.

boutons_deux
11-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Emailgate will become yesterday's news pretty quickly.

... not according to Chaffetz

boutons_deux
11-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Yes he can. There is a provision to step out of it, written in the agreement.

NAFTA was written by BigCorp. They will certainly have plenty to say (plenty to pay to say it) about touching NAFTA.

TTP/TTIP/etic will come back under different acronyms, again written in secret by BigCorp/BigFinance/BigPharma, and Trash + Repugs will approve them. But it looks like some other countries aren't going to cooperate.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 10:36 AM
That's obviously way simplistic, but the drift counts.If Republicans turn out to be the party of economic nationalism I'll eat my hat. That would be pissing backwards on a lot of powerful interests.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 10:54 AM
I thought the free-trade orthodoxy was that restraint of trade costs more jobs than it creates.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 10:55 AM
At any rate, rejiggering NAFTA and poking the Chinese in the eye amounts to shutting the barn door after all the horses have run away. The jobs we lost aren't coming back.

DMX7
11-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Hillary's bullshit was even more prominent.

can't you acknowledge both sides are liars?

I seriously think we need to teach the concept of false equivalency in our schools. Idiotic and intellectually lazy thinking like that is why we got a President Trump.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 11:41 AM
continuity, not change?

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 12:23 PM
So it's early days, and this will probably keep changing over the next few weeks and months. Here's what the Trumpster and his team are indicating at this time:

1. "Drain the swamp":

As Colbert noted, Trumps cabinet picks look like what is left over after you drain the swamp.

I predict the honeymoon will be non-existent, because there is no way he is going to keep any of the magic pony-type promises he made, and that I am sure many actually believed.

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 12:24 PM
I seriously think we need to teach the concept of false equivalency in our schools. Idiotic and intellectually lazy thinking like that is why we got a President Trump.

Pretty much.

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 12:26 PM

Good. Then all the morons who think it is the worst thing in the world, get to see what the China-dominated replacement will be.

I will add this to the "I told you so" list.

TPP sucks, but it is better than what will likely replace it.

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 12:32 PM
If the result is I have to spend 50 cents more for a tape measure made in Lansing, Im good with that.

That's obviously way simplistic, but the drift counts.

The problem with that is that, overall, free-trade benefitted Americans.

Lose 10,000 manufacturing jobs, but 300,000,000 people get the imported good cheaper. When the math is tallied up, the economics mean that the country is better off. Economics 201.

A tariff on imported Chinese goods will essentially be an instant inflation on all those goods, with absolutely no corresponding increase in wages, meaning purchasing power goes down. Further the COLA increases for all the social safety programs kick in. Higher taxes to sustain benefits or cuts to benefits will result, being a double whammy for those affected, i.e. everybody.

Most of the job losses were to microchips, not mexicans. Those jobs are not coming back, period.

Which is ironic. The party that thinks itself made up of free market champions will basically ignore how free markets work, and make everybody poorer.

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 02:12 PM
The problem with that is that, overall, free-trade benefitted Americans.

Lose 10,000 manufacturing jobs, but 300,000,000 people get the imported good cheaper. When the math is tallied up, the economics mean that the country is better off. Economics 201.

A tariff on imported Chinese goods will essentially be an instant inflation on all those goods, with absolutely no corresponding increase in wages, meaning purchasing power goes down. Further the COLA increases for all the social safety programs kick in. Higher taxes to sustain benefits or cuts to benefits will result, being a double whammy for those affected, i.e. everybody.

Most of the job losses were to microchips, not mexicans. Those jobs are not coming back, period.

Which is ironic. The party that thinks itself made up of free market champions will basically ignore how free markets work, and make everybody poorer.

I need to find some data on those conclusions. Also wondering how joblessness and the costs incurred are normalized in the above construct before I buy the Economic 201 assertation. Point me in the right direction?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2016, 03:50 PM
Laura Ingraham: Republican Party Belongs To Trump Now
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date November 11, 2016

Radio host Laura Ingraham weighs in on the effect Donald Trump has had in remaking the Republican Party.

LAURA INGRAHAM: This is Trump's party now. The Never-Trumpers, what, are there five people, no offense, but there weren't that many.

He flipped states that were Democrat states.

He came in and completely upended the Bushes, the Clintons, Obama, the Chambers of Commerce, the media, Hollywood.

He took them all on. He got vilified. He made some mistakes. But he won handily.

The idea that he is going to come in and be like, okay, I gotta make Bill Kristol feel better, that's just ridiculous.

He is going to what he said he is going to do. It's going to be hard. Obamacare repeal, Paul Ryan is right. It's not that simple. It's a complex web which was designed that way to make it really hard to repeal.

I agree with her. They coat tailed off Trump - those who distanced themselves from him lost - they have WH and Congress because of him and after 8 years of do-nothing, I think they'll try to pass as much as possible in the first 2 years.

Your response is to post an AM radio pundit's take?

You cannot make it more clear the dynamic going on here and it's not what you think it is.

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 04:12 PM
I need to find some data on those conclusions. Also wondering how joblessness and the costs incurred are normalized in the above construct before I buy the Economic 201 assertation. Point me in the right direction?

Sure.

Start with a quick walk through of international trade:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_economics

Job losses due to mix of technology AND trade:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/manufacturing-jobs-are-never-coming-back/
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/29/news/economy/us-manufacturing-jobs/
http://www.npr.org/2016/04/18/474393701/china-killed-1-million-u-s-jobs-but-don-t-blame-trade-deals
(one of the better attempts, although their methodology didn't control for some confounding variables):
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2015/04/29/dont-blame-the-robots-for-lost-manufacturing-jobs/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2016/03/08/should-we-blame-trade-agreements-for-loss-of-jobs/#33da16e04320

Hard to draw a bright line in terms of proportion of manufacturing job losses to cause:
1. It is certain that not all such losses are due solely to trade.
2. It is certain that even the job losses due to trade are not due entirely to free trade agreements (advantages that would overcome most tariff regimes)

Tried to find something that would point you in the right direction took a bit of effort. My understanding is based on a course I took in grad school on international economics, and involved a lot of graphs and theory that I can't easily type out.
Found this though:
http://cis01.central.ucv.ro/iba/files/summary.pdf

5. The proposition that trade is beneficial is unqualified. That is, there is no requirement
that a country be "competitive" or that the trade be "fair." In particular, we can show that three
cominonly held beliefs about trade are wrong. First, a country gains from trade even if it has
lower productivity than its trading partner in all industries. Second, trade is beneficial even if
foreign industries are competitive only because of low wages. Third, trade is beneficial even if a
country's exports embody more labor than its imports.
6. Extending the one-factor, two-good model to a world of many commodities does not
alter these conclusions. The only difference is that it becomes necessary to focus directly on the
relative demand for labor to determine relative wages rather than to work via relative demand for
goods. Also, a many-commodity model can be used to illustrate the important point that
transportation costs can give rise to a situation in which some nontraded goods exist.
7. While some of the predictions of the Ricardian model are clearly unrealistic, its basic
prediction-that countries will tend to export goods in which they have relatively high
productivity-has been confirmed by a number of studies.

It can be summed up as: Countries do best when they do what they do best. If someone can make it cheaper, everyone benefits from trade.

Do a bit of research on your own for "The Ricardian Theory of Comparative Advantage"
http://catalog.flatworldknowledge.com/bookhub/reader/27#fwk-61960-ch02

That is close to what I remember being taught, and am attempting to outline/explain here.

I hope this helps a bit.

rmt
11-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Your response is to post an AM radio pundit's take?

You cannot make it more clear the dynamic going on here and it's not what you think it is.

Actually this was taken from Real Clear Politics website which plenty of you were quoting from this election cycle and is in response to GOP fighting and Trump not being "king". Imo, he's the one holding the cards (at least now) and they're at first going to dance to his tune/agenda.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/11/laura_ingraham_republican_party_belongs_to_trump_n ow.html

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 04:17 PM

Here is how I am planning to explain it to my (much more conservative) drinking buddies:

Imagine a jar of pennies.

Four people have four theories as to how many pennies are in the jar:
1> 1,000
2> 100,000
3> 1,000,000
4> 1,000,000,000

There are 841 pennies in the jar, per a count that is not known by any of the four guessers, who all very firmly believe their guess is right.

Are all of these answers equally wrong? Why or why not?
Does the level of belief affect the truth of how many pennies in that jar? What does that say about beliefs?

[edit: my friends are not dumb, they just don't spend as much time reading about critical thinking and logic as I do, so I am hoping to help them sharpen their critical thinking skills]

Dirk Oneanddoneski
11-12-2016, 04:26 PM
Email gate is turning into a John Wayne Gacy style ass fuck em and bury em pedo scandal. I can't even read about it anymore

RandomGuy
11-12-2016, 04:27 PM
I thought the free-trade orthodoxy was that restraint of trade costs more jobs than it creates.

Sort of.

Imagine:
10,000 people lose jobs to trade, replace jobs that pay 20,000 year less. Cost: -200,000,000
300,000,000 people get to buy imported replacements for items once per year one dollar cheaper: Benefit: +300,000,000

Net to economy: +100,000,000

That's it in a nutshell, and with math simplified somewhat to make things even. Concentrated losses, and very distributed benefits, even to those who lose jobs. Sure doesn't feel fair to the 10,000, though.

TheSanityAnnex
11-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Email gate is turning into a John Wayne Gacy style ass fuck em and bury em pedo scandal. I can't even read about it anymore
:lol what now

Warlord23
11-12-2016, 04:56 PM
For the rubes anxiously waiting for Trump to go after the Clintons, his latest comments are interesting

On Crooked Hillary:

She couldn't have been nicer. She just said, 'Congratulations, Donald, well done.'
And I said, 'I want to thank you very much, you were a great competitor.'
She is very strong and very smart.

On Bill "the abuser" Clinton:

He couldn't have been more gracious. He said it was an amazing run. One of the most amazing he's ever seen. He was very, very, really, very nice.
I mean, this is a very talented family. Certainly, I would certainly think about that (taking advice from Bill).

Anyone who knows how to praise Trump and stroke his ego is golden in the man's eyes. Next up, Bill to talk to Trump about immigration reform and how Trump can become a hero to Hispanics.

TeyshaBlue
11-12-2016, 05:05 PM
Sure.

Start with a quick walk through of international trade:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_economics

Job losses due to mix of technology AND trade:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/manufacturing-jobs-are-never-coming-back/
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/29/news/economy/us-manufacturing-jobs/
http://www.npr.org/2016/04/18/474393701/china-killed-1-million-u-s-jobs-but-don-t-blame-trade-deals
(one of the better attempts, although their methodology didn't control for some confounding variables):
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2015/04/29/dont-blame-the-robots-for-lost-manufacturing-jobs/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevedenning/2016/03/08/should-we-blame-trade-agreements-for-loss-of-jobs/#33da16e04320

Hard to draw a bright line in terms of proportion of manufacturing job losses to cause:
1. It is certain that not all such losses are due solely to trade.
2. It is certain that even the job losses due to trade are not due entirely to free trade agreements (advantages that would overcome most tariff regimes)

Tried to find something that would point you in the right direction took a bit of effort. My understanding is based on a course I took in grad school on international economics, and involved a lot of graphs and theory that I can't easily type out.
Found this though:
http://cis01.central.ucv.ro/iba/files/summary.pdf

It can be summed up as: Countries do best when they do what they do best. If someone can make it cheaper, everyone benefits from trade.

Do a bit of research on your own for "The Ricardian Theory of Comparative Advantage"
http://catalog.flatworldknowledge.com/bookhub/reader/27#fwk-61960-ch02

That is close to what I remember being taught, and am attempting to outline/explain here.

I hope this helps a bit.
It will. Ill stretch out for a good read from your links when I get back home tonight. Thx bud. :tu

Axl Rose
11-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Only reason he won't go after Clinton is because obama has already said that he will pardon her. I like how we pivoted so fast from trump will never win to trump not keeping campaign promises. Could you at least let the guy get sworn in before you talk shit?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Actually this was taken from Real Clear Politics website which plenty of you were quoting from this election cycle and is in response to GOP fighting and Trump not being "king". Imo, he's the one holding the cards (at least now) and they're at first going to dance to his tune/agenda.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/11/laura_ingraham_republican_party_belongs_to_trump_n ow.html

And you lack the critical thinking to determine who Laura Ingraham is too apparently. This is what you get when you combine access to a search engine with a lack of secondary level critical thinking skills.

Winehole23
11-12-2016, 06:45 PM
:lol what now"Comet Ping Pong"

Don't be coy. You posted on this topic.

angrydude
11-13-2016, 12:11 PM
All that is happening is the left is actually hearing his proposals for what they actually are instead of the nazi bullshit version they pretended to hear.

Never believe your own bullshit.

ElNono
11-13-2016, 01:52 PM
If we gotta hold him to the bar Barry set as far as keeping his campaign promises, that bar should be pretty low, IMO...

Splits
11-13-2016, 02:37 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/opinion/article114384133.html

DMC
11-13-2016, 05:13 PM

So you're saying idiotic and intellectually lazy thinking keep the same dems that voted Obama from voting Hillary?

boutons_deux
11-13-2016, 08:45 PM
Trash has already backed off his beloved wall, gonna be wall and some fence.

Probably a fence and some wall

Most probably, it's gonna be nothing.

All y'all Trash fellators sucked down some real gud con/cum job.

DMX7
11-13-2016, 09:25 PM
So you're saying idiotic and intellectually lazy thinking keep the same dems that voted Obama from voting Hillary?

we're talking mostly about swing voters -- the people less inclined to pledge their allegiance to one party. And yeah, a enough to swing the election probably had that same mindset.

diego
11-13-2016, 10:14 PM
if he actually shoots down the TPP, I'll accept he is a legit outsider. otherwise he is just as much of a corporate shill as hillary, he has the house and the senate so no excuses.

since i no longer live in the US nor plan to, I hope he does build the wall, it will make the f35 seem like a good investment.

InRareForm
11-13-2016, 10:23 PM
It sounds like there will be a lot of compromise with the promises.

boutons_deux
11-13-2016, 10:28 PM
It sounds like there will be a lot of compromise with the promises.

Reality gonna bite Trash's blue-pill-dependent tiny dick REAL HARD

boutons_deux
11-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Having "promised" not to touch Medicare or SS, Don the Con Trash is now fully agreeing with Ryan to privatize Medicare, ASAP, in his first big step in fucking over Trash's voters. There will be many more steps.

SS up next. and CURRENT SS people, Trash's voters will get screwed by the Repugs implementing a new CoL SS adjustment that wil cause SS beneficiaries to fall behind inflation, getting poor as they age.

Expect both Medicare and SS qualification ages to be raised towards age 70.

boutons_deux
11-18-2016, 03:23 PM
Paul Krugman Exposes Trump's Most Blatant Bait-and-Switch Lie

The champion of working people is setting about destroying every safety net.

“I’m not going to cut Social Security (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/s/social_security_us/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/health/diseasesconditionsandhealthtopics/medicare/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) or Medicaid (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/health/diseasesconditionsandhealthtopics/medicaid/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier),” he declared (https://www.donaldjtrump.com/media/why-donald-trump-wont-touch-your-entitlements).

, the team Trump is assembling is gunning for entitlements.

"The transition team’s point man on Social Security is a longtime advocate of privatization (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/12/trump-advisers-back-deregulation-privatized-social-security.html)," he writes,

"and all indications are that the incoming administration is getting ready to kill Medicare (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/11/paul-ryan-says-medicare-privatization-is-on.html), replacing it with vouchers that can be applied to the purchase of private insurance. Oh, and

it’s also likely to raise the age of Medicare eligibility."

he’s going to destroy a program that is crucial to that class?

think of what would happen if Medicare didn’t exist. Some older Americans would probably be able to retain health coverage by staying at jobs that come with such coverage. But this option would by and large be available only to those with extensive education:

Labor force participation (http://www.urban.org/sites/default/files/alfresco/publication-pdfs/412011-Older-Adults-Labor-Force-Participation-since--A-Decade-and-a-Half-of-Growth.PDF) among seniors is strongly correlated with education, in part because the highly educated are healthier than the less educated, and in part because their jobs require less physical effort. Working-class seniors would be left stranded, unable to get the health care they needed.

Why do Republicans want to destroy successful government programs? Precisely because they are successful government programs, and they can't have that.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/paul-krugman-exposes-trumps-most-blatant-bait-and-switch-lie

boutons_deux
11-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Here's an Obama rule helping the working class the Don the Con will certainly revoke, so he can screw Ms of this conned voters.

New overtime law goes into effect Dec. 1, affects millions of workers

http://fox59.com/2016/11/18/new-overtime-law-goes-into-effect-dec-1-affects-millions-of-workers/

DMC
11-18-2016, 07:50 PM
we're talking mostly about swing voters -- the people less inclined to pledge their allegiance to one party. And yeah, a enough to swing the election probably had that same mindset.

So pledging your allegiance to a party prevents you from being intellectually lazy? Sounds backwards.

DMX7
11-18-2016, 11:24 PM
So pledging your allegiance to a party prevents you from being intellectually lazy? Sounds backwards.

No, I didn't write that. You incorrectly concluded that somehow though.

DMC
11-19-2016, 01:03 AM
No, I didn't write that. You incorrectly concluded that somehow though.

You didn't make any sense. Who's being intellectually lazy?

DMX7
11-19-2016, 01:17 AM
You didn't make any sense. Who's being intellectually lazy?

You, for making something up that I didn't write.

DMC
11-19-2016, 01:20 AM

You, for making something up that I didn't write.

DMX7
11-19-2016, 01:29 AM

You can't find me writing that "pledging your allegiance to a party prevents you from being intellectually lazy" because I didn't make that assertion... which is why you weren't able to quote it.

DMC
11-19-2016, 11:13 AM

You can't find me writing that "pledging your allegiance to a party prevents you from being intellectually lazy" because I didn't make that assertion... which is why you weren't able to quote it.

DMX7
11-19-2016, 11:49 AM
Just as I said, you couldn't quote because I didn't state it as can easily be verified above.

DMC
11-19-2016, 01:12 PM
You don't seem to know what you said.

Splits
11-19-2016, 08:47 PM
DMC: post-election poster, nowhere to be found pre-Nov8. Worse than post-Pau lakerfan

rmt
11-19-2016, 11:21 PM
Shouldn't it be the other way around - a pre-election poster, nowhere to be found post-Nov 8 (if one's candidate loses)? Or maybe he's like me - out campaigning before the election and comes back for election night.

Thread
11-19-2016, 11:22 PM
Salient moment post November 8th:::when the Trumps arrived at the WH in the belief that the WH staff would be staying on. The very idea that they had absolutely no clue as to this protocol is priceless. That Media sent out this information is so pure & so victorious that my heart soars.

boutons_deux
11-20-2016, 11:20 AM
A Bleak Outlook for Trump’s Promises to Coal Miners

Donald J. Trump (http://www.nytimes.com/topic/person/donald-trump?inline=nyt-per) made coal a centerpiece of his campaign, holding rousing rallies with miners in hard hats, who he said had been neglected under eight years of the Obama administration. The strategy paid off, helping him score crucial wins in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

coal industry and the jobs that support it have been in decline for decades as a result of environmental concerns, automation in mining and slowdowns in manufacturing industries that burned coal for power.

no matter who is president, coal is at the mercy of market economics.

Coal’s No. 1 rival is cheap, cleaner-burning natural gas (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/energy-environment/natural-gas/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) — which could become an even more potent competitor under the incoming administration.

The probable easing of restrictions on pipeline building and loosening of rules on gas exploration and production would mean more natural gas reaching the market.

Despite recent increases, coal’s price has been drifting downward for years. But the price of natural gas has fallen even more sharply.

“I don’t think the Trump presidency will have a material impact on bringing coal miners back to work,”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/business/energy-environment/a-bleak-outlook-for-trumps-promises-to-coal-miners.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

The coal miners know damn well they are fucked and Trash was lying to them, must like he lies about everything.

RandomGuy
11-20-2016, 05:27 PM
if he actually shoots down the TPP, I'll accept he is a legit outsider. otherwise he is just as much of a corporate shill as hillary, he has the house and the senate so no excuses.

since i no longer live in the US nor plan to, I hope he does build the wall, it will make the f35 seem like a good investment.

My gut says that TPP stays.

China is drooling over it's death already, so they can set the rules up in their favor, and Japan is sweating bullets about that.

CosmicCowboy
11-20-2016, 08:34 PM
A Bleak Outlook for Trump’s Promises to Coal Miners

Donald J. Trump (http://www.nytimes.com/topic/person/donald-trump?inline=nyt-per) made coal a centerpiece of his campaign, holding rousing rallies with miners in hard hats, who he said had been neglected under eight years of the Obama administration. The strategy paid off, helping him score crucial wins in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

coal industry and the jobs that support it have been in decline for decades as a result of environmental concerns, automation in mining and slowdowns in manufacturing industries that burned coal for power.

no matter who is president, coal is at the mercy of market economics.

Coal’s No. 1 rival is cheap, cleaner-burning natural gas (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/energy-environment/natural-gas/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) — which could become an even more potent competitor under the incoming administration.

The probable easing of restrictions on pipeline building and loosening of rules on gas exploration and production would mean more natural gas reaching the market.

Despite recent increases, coal’s price has been drifting downward for years. But the price of natural gas has fallen even more sharply.

“I don’t think the Trump presidency will have a material impact on bringing coal miners back to work,”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/business/energy-environment/a-bleak-outlook-for-trumps-promises-to-coal-miners.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

The coal miners know damn well they are fucked and Trash was lying to them, must like he lies about everything.

Oh, Trump can slow the progression down. Lots of coal fired power plants (like San Antonio has) could have extended life spans if more restrictive regulations are rolled back.

SnakeBoy
11-20-2016, 09:05 PM
My gut says that TPP stays.

How does your gut see that happening. President Trump changes his mind and fights with a chunk of his own party and all of the democrats to force it through?

Spurminator
11-20-2016, 09:14 PM
President Trump changes his mind

That part doesn't seem that far fetched at this point, does it?

boutons_deux
11-20-2016, 09:34 PM
BigCorp/BigFinance/BigPharma spent probably $10Ms on lobbyists and years to write TPP/TTIP in secret.

Whatever BigCorp/BigFinance/BigPharma wants, Repugs deliver (for a fee).

But it looks like some Euro countries are better organized than fat-ass, somnolent, conned Americans, and I think TPP/TTIP are pretty much dead in, eg, Germany.

RandomGuy
11-21-2016, 01:51 PM
How does your gut see that happening. President Trump changes his mind and fights with a chunk of his own party and all of the democrats to force it through?

Because the alternative is to let China write the rules, and that makes Donald look weak and ineffectual. He is riding a tiger, and falling off is not an option.

boutons_deux
11-21-2016, 03:42 PM
"let China write the rules"

what? China has, will have its own equivalent, legally binding internationally, of TPP/TTIP?

Will Hunting
11-22-2016, 08:31 AM
BUMP

Well, that was an easy prediction.

Smart move by Trump to not pursue anything here. There's no reason to make a martyr out of Hillary, and it doesn't do anything other than further divide the country.

Th'Pusher
11-22-2016, 08:44 AM
BUMP

Well, that was an easy prediction.

Smart move by Trump to not pursue anything here. There's no reason to make a martyr out of Hillary, and it doesn't do anything other than further divide the country.

Yeah, the writing was on the wall with that one. Same thing Obama did with GWB, although Barry never threatened to prosecute.

boutons_deux
11-22-2016, 08:52 AM
It's a tradition that a new Pres not prosecute his predecessor's crimes.

Which is a shame because dubya, dickhead, and accomplices slaughtered Ms of people for BigOil

Th'Pusher
11-22-2016, 09:09 AM
It's a tradition that a new Pres not prosecute his predecessor's crimes.

Which is a shame because dubya, dickhead, and accomplices slaughtered Ms of people for BigOil

Well it's not like Trump hasn't eschewed norms and traditions....

Winehole23
11-22-2016, 09:53 AM
lock her up? all talk:

President-elect Donald Trump's administration will not pursue further investigations of Hillary Clinton related to her private email server or the Clinton Foundation, Trump's former campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Tuesday, a significant break from a major campaign promise.

"I think when the President-elect, who's also the head of your party, tells you before he's even inaugurated that he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message, tone, and content" to fellow Republicans, Conway said in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/conway-no-clinton-charges-donald-trump/index.html

boutons_deux
11-22-2016, 10:23 AM
Chaffetz sez he will continue harassing Hillary, nothing but a career padding move he can con his Mormon voters with.

Th'Pusher
11-22-2016, 10:56 AM
lock her up? all talk:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/conway-no-clinton-charges-donald-trump/index.html

TSA suicide watch, tbh.

TheSanityAnnex
11-22-2016, 12:21 PM
TSA suicide watch, tbh.

Trump doesn't need to do anything as the FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation is still ongoing. You are naïve to think she's in the clear.

boutons_deux
11-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Donald Trump says he won’t pursue investigations against Hillary Clinton. This is not a good thing

Jon Favreau (https://twitter.com/jonfavs)
(https://twitter.com/jonfavs)✔@jonfavs (https://twitter.com/jonfavs)

It is dangerous to let people think the President decides who gets prosecuted in our criminal justice system. Stop fucking doing it.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/22/donald-trump-says-he-wont-pursue-investigations-against-hillary-clinton-this-is-not-a-good-thing/

TheSanityAnnex
11-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Donald Trump says he won’t pursue investigations against Hillary Clinton. This is not a good thing

Jon Favreau (https://twitter.com/jonfavs)
(https://twitter.com/jonfavs)✔@jonfavs (https://twitter.com/jonfavs)

It is dangerous to let people think the President decides who gets prosecuted in our criminal justice system. Stop fucking doing it.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/22/donald-trump-says-he-wont-pursue-investigations-against-hillary-clinton-this-is-not-a-good-thing/

Fucking hypocrite. Obama didn't just make people think the President decides who gets prosecuted he proved it with the actions of his DOJ.

djohn2oo8
11-22-2016, 07:49 PM
so now trump has backed off his Hilary prosecution comments, his Obamacare repeal comments, and his build that wall comments :lol

Th'Pusher
11-22-2016, 08:02 PM
so now trump has backed off his Hilary prosecution comments, his Obamacare repeal comments, and his build that wall comments :lol

Sounds like he's also backing off pulling out of the Paris climate agreement.

I like this guy because he's a real straight shooter. Says what he means :lol

Dirk Oneanddoneski
11-22-2016, 09:52 PM

The Tacocaust is still a go

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/21/21/3AA277DE00000578-0-image-a-61_1479763817553.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3958422/Potential-cabinet-pick-accidentally-shows-photographers-homeland-security-plan-redefines-arrested-illegals-criminals-deputizes-cops-help-deport-them.html

InRareForm
11-22-2016, 11:00 PM
Trump changing his mind on climate change?

Th'Pusher
11-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Trump changing his mind on climate change?

Not sure about that. He may just be coming to understand the ramifications of pulling out of the Paris agreement.

Adam Lambert
11-22-2016, 11:09 PM
but at least you guys stuck it to those sjw faggots right

fuck the country i wanna show strangers on the internet whats what

pgardn
11-22-2016, 11:49 PM

He had to.
They explained Banana Republic to him.

Personally I'm glad he is all over the place. At least some rethinking is going on.

boutons_deux
11-23-2016, 12:48 AM
Donald Trump disavows 'alt-right'

President-elect Donald Trump denied Tuesday that he did anything to energize the "alt-right" movement through his presidential campaign and sought to distance himself from it, even though many of the movement's leaders have sought to tether their political views to Trump's rise.

"I don't want to energize the group, and I disavow the group," Trump told a group of New York Times reporters and columnists during a meeting at the newspaper's headquarters in New York.

"It's not a group I want to energize, and if they are energized, I want to look into it and find out why," he added,

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/donald-trump-disavow-groups-new-york-times/

Holy Shit, Don The Con and his conned voters are WAY down the rabbit hole.

boutons_deux
11-23-2016, 12:52 AM
A Toxic Resentment of Women Helps Power the Alt-Right

http://www.motherjones.com/files/blog_alt_right_women_0.jpg

The coexistence of racism and sexism in the so-called manosphere dates back to the dawn of the internet. One early men's rights site, Fathers' Manifesto, interspersed references to Warren Farrell's book The Myth of Male Power with calls to exile blacks from America.

[Alt-right pioneer Richard] Spencer readily admits that women make up a small portion of the alt-right, but he has also said that

most women secretly crave alt-right boyfriends because they want "alpha genes" and "alpha sperm."

He also believes women are unsuited to some roles in government: "Women should never be allowed to make foreign policy," he tweeted during the first presidential debate.

"It's not that they're 'weak.' To the contrary, their vindictiveness knows no bounds."

Trump defended Bannon in his New York Times meeting, saying that he's known him for "a long time" and that the allegations of anti-Semitism and connections to the alt-right are "not him."

"If I thought he was racist, or 'alt-right' ... I wouldn't even think about hiring him," Trump said Tuesday.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/11/toxic-resentment-women-powers-alt-right

"bleeding from wherever" "grab her by the pussy"

spurraider21
11-23-2016, 03:51 AM
so now trump has backed off his Hilary prosecution comments, his Obamacare repeal comments, and his build that wall comments :loland he backed off his "im not going to settle the trump u lawsuit" thing

DMX7
11-23-2016, 07:43 AM
and he backed off his "im not going to settle the trump u lawsuit" thing

And remember Trump's Gettysburg address? At the same place where Lincoln asked us to pay tribute to the fallen by saving our country and winning the war, Trump so selflessly declared that he would sue every last one of his sexual assault accusers. Looks like that may not happen either.

Warlord23
11-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Here are some beauties from Chump's NYT interview yesterday:

Waterboarding: says he talked to General Mattis who told Trump that he never found waterboarding to be useful, and that he could do better with a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers. Trump says he was very, very impressed by that answer.

Climate change and the Paris accords: Trump thinks there is "some connectivity" between human activity and climate change. Says he is looking at the Paris agreement very closely, and he has an open mind to it.

The "failing" NY Times: Trump has great respect for the NYT - tremendous respect. He thinks the paper is "a great great American jewel - world jewel"

Crooked Hillary: "I don’t want to hurt the Clintons. I really don’t. She went through a lot. And suffered greatly in many different ways. And I am not looking to hurt them at all. The campaign was vicious."

Clinton Foundation: "This has been looked at for so long. Ad nauseam. Let’s go forward. And you know, you could also make the case that some good work was done in the foundation and they could have made mistakes, etc."

Draining the swamp: "I mean I know that from the standpoint, the law is totally on my side, meaning, the president can’t have a conflict of interest. That’s been reported very widely. Despite that, I don’t want there to be a conflict of interest anyway. And the laws, the president can’t. And I understand why the president can’t have a conflict of interest now because everything a president does in some ways is like a conflict of interest, but I have, I’ve built a very great company and it’s a big company and it’s all over the world. People are starting to see, when they look at all these different jobs, like in India and other things, number one, a job like that builds great relationships with the people of India, so it’s all good. But I have to say, the partners come in, they’re very, very successful people."

The good news for the Trumpanzees is that he loves Steve Bannon, so the Pepe agenda appears to be on track. And he's going to ask his son-in-law to broker peace in the Middle East - that should end well.

boutons_deux
11-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Trump changes tune on climate: Will he stay true to his most recent remarks?

After calling climate change a 'hoax' during the campaign, the president-elect said there is 'some connectivity' on climate change and human activity.

“I’m looking very closely at it. I have an open mind to it (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/trump-new-york-times-interview-transcript.html),” the president-elect told The New York Times in an hour-long question-and-answer Tuesday. On the link between human activity and climate change, he said,

“I think there is some connectivity ... it depends on how much.”

Trump has shown a willingness since the election to entertain more moderate policies. But he also has a habit of making statements inconsistent with previous ones.

Trump was weighing climate change and American competitiveness and “how much it will cost our companies.”

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2016/1123/Trump-changes-tune-on-climate-Will-he-stay-true-to-his-most-recent-remarks

so, in Don The Con's calculation (for now, subject to change in the next 15 minutes), addressing AGW takes backseat to protecting the profits of BigCorp polluters, regardless the Ms of people who suffer and die from BigCorp pollution.

===========

The Seas Are Rising Around Donald Trump

He may deny global warming, but it's still threatening to swamp his properties.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/07/donald-trump-maralago-climate-change

Also, his Scottish golf course is threatened by increased storm severity chewing up his course's waterfront holes.

boutons_deux
11-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Shepard Smith slams Donald Trump for flip-flopping on the issues: “All of those positions are now available”

The Fox News host slammed Donald Trump over his flimsy YouTube video for 100 days

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/23/shepard-smith-slams-donald-trump-for-flip-flopping-on-the-issues-all-of-those-positions-are-now-available/

boutons_deux
11-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Colbert: The Part of Trump's Election That Makes Me Feel Thankful

Donald Trump infamously pledged during his campaign that he would jail Hillary Clinton, but the president-elect seems to have backed off the strange threat.

"I think when the president-elect, who's also the head of your party now, Joe, tells you before he's even inaugurated,

he doesn't wish to pursue these charges, it sends a very strong message,"

Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway told MSNBC's Joe Scarborough two weeks after the election.

"That strong message? Ignore all my previous strong messages," :lol :lol :lol

http://www.alternet.org/media/stephen-colbert-reveals-what-hes-really-thankful

boutons_deux
11-23-2016, 04:15 PM
White Nationalist Leader ‘Disappointed’ After Trump Brushes Off Their Movement

White nationalist leader Richard Spencer said he was “disappointed” in Donald Trump‘s decision to put some space between his platform and their movement

Trump’s campaign has been frequently aligned with the “alt-right,” a moniker Spencer claims to have coined and has said represents a white nationalist ideology (http://www.newyorker.com/news/benjamin-wallace-wells/is-the-alt-right-for-real). Trump was criticized for embracing the movement when he tapped Steve Bannon, under whose stewardship Breitbart News became the foremost media outlet for the alt-right, to be his White House chief strategist.

Despite that, Trump told the Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/trump-new-york-times-interview-transcript.html?_r=0),

“I don’t want to energize the group. I’m not looking to energize them. I don’t want to energize the group, and I disavow the group.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/white-nationalist-leader-disappointed-after-trump-brushes-off-their-movement/

Another group conned into supporting Don The Con.

boutons_deux
12-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Hillary Clinton’s “Corrupt Establishment” Is Now Advising Donald Trump (https://theintercept.com/2016/12/02/hillary-clintons-corrupt-establishment-is-now-advising-donald-trump/)

“THE ESTABLISHMENT,” Donald Trump famously said during his closing argument (https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/new-television-ad-donald-trumps-argument-for-america) for the presidency, “has trillions of dollars at stake in this election.”

He described “a global power structure that is responsible for the economic decisions that have robbed our working class, stripped our country of its wealth and put that money into the pockets of a handful of large corporations and political entities.” :lol

He asked the country to be “brave enough to vote out this corrupt establishment.”

Now, less than four weeks after riding that line to victory, he formally invited the establishment into his administration.

On Friday, Trump announced the

creation of a “Strategic and Policy Forum (https://www.blackstone.com/media/press-releases/article/president-elect-trump-establishes-the-president-s-strategic-and-policy-forum)” that will serve to advise him on domestic economic matters. The list of advisers is a who’s-who of corporate elites.

He’s not the only one making a major turnaround; many of them had previously and enthusiastically supported his Democratic opponent.

The chairman of the forum is Stephen Schwarzman, the CEO of the Blackstone Group, a private equity and investment banking giant. Blackstone blasted out the release (https://www.blackstone.com/media/press-releases/article/president-elect-trump-establishes-the-president-s-strategic-and-policy-forum) highlighting the creation of the forum this morning on its own website, saying that it is “composed of some of America’s most highly respected and successful business leaders,” who “will be called upon to meet with the President frequently to share their specific experience and knowledge as the President implements his plan to bring back jobs and Make America Great Again.”

Although Schwarzman is a Republican, his company — like so much of Wall Street — spent much of the campaign getting close to Hillary Clinton. Blackstone’s Chief Operating Officer Hamilton “Tony” James hosted a fundraiser (https://theintercept.com/2016/07/28/hillary-clinton-talks-tough-on-shadow-banking-but-blackstone-is-celebrating-at-the-dnc/) for Clinton in December 2015 that featured, among others, Democratic-aligned billionaire Warren Buffet. More than a dozen executives at the firm gave tens of thousands of dollars (http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-16/blackstone-dealmakers-line-up-for-clinton-in-money-race) to Clinton’s campaign. The firm held an invitation-only, swanky reception (https://theintercept.com/2016/07/28/hillary-clinton-talks-tough-on-shadow-banking-but-blackstone-is-celebrating-at-the-dnc/) at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

Another member of the new advisory group is Larry Fink. Fink is the chairman and CEO of BlackRock, the world’s largest asset management firm (http://www.relbanks.com/rankings/largest-asset-managers). Fink spent years ingratiating himself (https://theintercept.com/2016/03/02/larry-fink-and-his-blackrock-team-poised-to-take-over-hillary-clintons-treasury-department/) with top Democrats and was once short-listed as a replacement for the Obama administration’s Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner. He even hired former Hillary Clinton aide Cheryl Mills to serve on the firm’s board of directors of his firm — and was poised to take over (https://theintercept.com/2016/03/02/larry-fink-and-his-blackrock-team-poised-to-take-over-hillary-clintons-treasury-department/) and staff Clinton’s Treasury Department.

Evidently, Fink has now jumped ship and joined the Making America Great Again team, and Trump, in turn, has no problem tapping him for advice.

Here is the full list:

Stephen A. Schwarzman (forum chairman), chairman, CEO, and co-founder of Blackstone;

Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners, LLC, former commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission;

Mary Barra, chairwoman and CEO, General Motors;

Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic;

Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co;

Larry Fink, chairman and CEO, BlackRock;
Bob Iger, chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
Rich Lesser, president and CEO, Boston Consulting Group;
Doug McMillon, president and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.;
Jim McNerney, former chairman, president, and CEO, Boeing;
Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, chairman and managing partner, Global Infrastructure Partners;
Ginni Rometty, chairwoman, president, and CEO, IBM;
Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family distinguished visiting fellow in economics, Hoover Institute, former member of the board of governors of the Federal Reserve System;
Mark Weinberger, global chairman and CEO, EY;
Jack Welch, former chairman and CEO, General Electric;
Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize winner, vice chairman of IHS Markit;

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/02/hillary-clintons-corrupt-establishment-is-now-advising-donald-trump/

Don The Con's “Strategic and Policy Forum (https://www.blackstone.com/media/press-releases/article/president-elect-trump-establishes-the-president-s-strategic-and-policy-forum)" of millionaires, billionaires will put the economic welfare of the white working class first and foremost! :lol

Warlord23
12-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Trump's latest position on the "Dreamers":

We’re going to work something out that’s going to make people happy and proud. They got brought here at a very young age, they’ve worked here, they’ve gone to school here. Some were good students. Some have wonderful jobs. And they’re in never-never land because they don’t know what’s going to happen.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-dreamers-undocumented-immigrants-232301

boutons_deux
12-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Trump's latest position on the "Dreamers":

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-dreamers-undocumented-immigrants-232301

:lol :lol :lol

spurraider21
12-21-2016, 03:04 PM
sounding more and more like "drain the swamp" isn't happening

:lol... no shit

FromWayDowntown
12-21-2016, 05:26 PM

This is my shocked face.

RandomGuy
12-21-2016, 05:45 PM

:lol... no shit

Newt Gingrich says Trump is done with ‘drain the swamp’

“I'm told he now just disclaims that,” Gingrich said on “Morning Edition.” “He now says it was cute, but he doesn't want to use it anymore.”

Gingrich said he had “written what I thought was a very cute tweet about 'the alligators are complaining,'" but that “somebody wrote back and said they were tired of hearing this stuff.”

Gingrich actually drafted two tweets in recent days about draining the swamp — tweets that apparently earned him the rebuke.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/12/21/newt-gingrich-says-trump-is-done-with-drain-the-swamp

Loyal lapdog Newt got his nose whacked with a newspaper it seems.

spurraider21
03-23-2017, 08:02 PM

1. "Drain the swamp": Lots of insiders queueing up at the trough, and Trump seems to be fine with them. http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transition-drain-the-swamp/index.html

2. "Make Mexico pay for the wall": Now I'm sure Trump with his construction business is raring to go with the wall, but old Newt thinks funding it via Mexico may have been a "campaign device". http://theweek.com/speedreads/661335/newt-gingrich-admits-trump-probably-cant-mexico-pay-wall-but-great-campaign-device

3. "Lock her up": Christie thinks it's time to move on and play nice. http://www.app.com/story/news/politics/new-jersey/chris-christie/2016/11/10/christie-says-trump-not-prosecute-clinton/93583546/

4. "Repeal and replace": Apparently Trump likes some of the core principles of the ACA. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37953528

5. "Rip up the Iran deal": Not so fast, maybe? http://www.timesofisrael.com/adviser-says-trump-wont-rip-up-iran-deal-signals-he-may-not-move-embassy/

:lol

Warlord23
03-24-2017, 08:49 PM
So to recap:

Make Mexico pay? Nada
Drain the swamp? Nope, we love Goldman Sachs now
Repeal and Replace? Humiliated by his own party
Ban the Muslims? Stuffed by the courts
Lock her up? We don't want that anymore
Renegotiate trade deals? Not yet
Revoke Iran deal? Look - a squirrel!

5 weekends of golf? Hell to the yeah!

boutons_deux
03-24-2017, 09:01 PM
Trump Vowed Never To Cut Medicaid — Now Guess What He’s Trying To Do

http://www.nationalmemo.com/trump-vowed-never-cut-medicaid/

DMX7
03-25-2017, 12:06 AM
So has ISIS been defeated yet? I thought Trump had a super secret plan that was going to absolutely wipe them out so quickly!

AaronY
03-25-2017, 09:13 AM
So to recap:

Make Mexico pay? Nada

don't be fooled by the hilarious and immediate failure of all of his proposals, trump is clearly playing a deeper game

Splits
03-25-2017, 09:18 AM
So glad the adults are back in charge, though I do have to say I'm getting quite tired of all this winning.

boutons_deux
03-25-2017, 09:20 AM
don't be fooled by the hilarious and immediate failure of all of his proposals, donald trump is clearly playing a deeper game

he can't play quick checkers, never mind Pootin's "long game" chess.

Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation for Trash's many failures is his incompetence, ignorance, deranged psychology.

His ONLY game is self-enrichment, self-aggrandizement. Trash is a piece of shit

AaronY
03-26-2017, 07:42 AM
So to recap:

Make Mexico pay? Nada

Iran deal analysis:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ilangoldenberg/status/845660913130749952

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 06:19 AM
Trash vids showing him promising he won't golf like Obama, he'll stay at the WH and work, work, work for YOU!

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/cnn-panel-goes-hilariously-off-the-rails-as-conservative-defends-trump-spending-taxpayer-millions-to-play-golf/

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 06:35 AM
Trump On Fast Track To Outspend Obama’s Entire Travel Tab In A Single Year

He has spent 21 days of his 80-day presidency at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, at an estimated cost of $21.6 million.

Trump has spent 21 days of his 80-day presidency at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/palm-beach/), at an estimated cost of $21.6 million in travel and security expenses, CNN reported. In contrast, Obama spent a total of just under $97 million during his entire presidency, according to costs estimated by Judicial Watch (http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-new-obama-travel-costs-bring-eight-year-total-96-million/).

At Trump’s current pace, he will spend $99 million by the end of his first year in office. That would add up to close to $800 million if he served an eight-year term as Obama did.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-travel-tab-dwarfs-obamas_us_58ec5dbde4b0df7e2044b2fe?rik&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Morning%20Email%20041117&utm_content=The%20Morning%20Email%20041117+CID_e5e 321906736f7cef781d3b0217bcb0b&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=HuffPost&%20Morning%20Email%20041117

spurraider21
04-24-2017, 09:29 PM

Any guesses on where Trump and reality will collide next?how's he doing on his major promises after 100 days?

RandomGuy
04-26-2017, 05:07 PM
how's he doing on his major promises after 100 days?

Last updated 4 days ago:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-promise-tracker/

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 01:28 PM

0/5?

Winehole23
01-20-2021, 02:26 AM
drain the swamp

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsKCyAkUcAAxHYJ?format=jpg&name=large

Ef-man
01-20-2021, 02:36 AM
Mexico has less than 10 hours to pay for that wall.

Derptacular will be vindicated when that happens on trump’s watch.

Any time now, just like trumpcare, any moment now, boom, any moment.

Winehole23
01-20-2021, 02:58 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsJ3_WdXUAYytMa?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-ethics-commitments-executive-branch-appointees/

ElNono
01-20-2021, 03:25 AM
to be fair, he enacted that EO