PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow against the Rockets

DAF86
11-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Who do you think rests?

To me this is a very important game. It's a game to re-establish ourselves and don't let lesser teams get an edge over us. Kinda like the game at Utah. This being even more important since Rockets > Jazz. It's the perfect chance to get back the one that we let slip away.

I would only rest Tony, Manu and Pau.

Play small with:

Mills, Green, Kawhi, Anderson and LA.

Off the bench:

Laprovittola, Simmons, Bertans and Lee/Dedmon with some Forbes here and there.

I think that would be a good way of resting our older guys while mantaining a good chance of winning. Everytime the Spurs went small against the Rockets in the last game, they dominated. I expect more of the same.

HarlemHeat37
11-11-2016, 11:27 PM
I'd only rest Manu, tbh..maybe Pau, since he probably can't match up against the Rockets, anyways..

TP just had a week off and needs to get in some kind of rhythm, he literally hasn't had a good game, yet, this season..Spurs need him to find his game..

Gasol just had his best game of the season, so I'd like to see him build on that and continue developing chemistry with the team, but I would understand if Pop thinks it's a perfect rest opportunity(since it's a matchup problem)

Nathan89
11-11-2016, 11:29 PM
Everyone with a good guard is a matchup problem for Pau.

timtonymanu
11-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Manu and Tony. He'll play Pau but probably limit his minutes like Dedmon's own were today.

DAF86
11-11-2016, 11:32 PM
I'd only rest Manu, tbh..maybe Pau, since he probably can't match up against the Rockets, anyways..

TP just had a week off and needs to get in some kind of rhythm, he literally hasn't had a good game, yet, this season..Spurs need him to find his game..

Gasol just had his best game of the season, so I'd like to see him build on that and continue developing chemistry with the team, but I would understand if Pop thinks it's a perfect rest opportunity(since it's a matchup problem)

Yeah, I was thinking about not resting Tony. I'm cool with that.

Pau needs to rest though. He's useless against the Rockets and he hasn't taken a game off yet.

spurtech09
11-12-2016, 12:27 AM
Would like to see the young guns get some burn.....

sasaint
11-12-2016, 12:34 AM

I thought about starting a thread on this issue. Tbh, as long as the Spurs struggle at home to beat the Detroit Pistons of the world, our young guys will get very little burn. I don't think any of these guys will get sufficient opportunities to develop any this season. That was one of my take-always from tonight's game.

Kikoluna
11-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Who do you think rests?

To me this is a very important game. It's a game to re-establish ourselves and don't let lesser teams get an edge over us. Kinda like the game at Utah. This being even more important since Rockets > Jazz. It's the perfect chance to get back the one that we let slip away.

I would only rest Tony, Manu and Pau.

Play small with:

Mills, Green, Kawhi, Anderson and LA.

Off the bench:

Laprovittola, Simmons, Bertans and Lee/Dedmon with some Forbes here and there.

I think that would be a good way of resting our older guys while mantaining a good chance of winning. Everytime the Spurs went small against the Rockets in the last game, they dominated. I expect more of the same.

Really, you wanna see Kyle play, sigh

DAF86
11-12-2016, 01:45 AM
Really, you wanna see Kyle play, sigh

On normal situations (aka: when nobody rests) no, but when you are shorthanded yeah, you have to play somebody. And he isn't doing so bad these last couple of games. Against the Rockets he was pretty useful, tbh. Specially on defense.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2016, 01:49 AM
We're going to get torched by Ryan Anderson. I'd like to see Kyle play more 4 against Anderson and Aldridge at the 5 with Dedmon playing most of the backup ( but it might take a while for Pop to get over Dedmons " i deserve more playing time" tweet).

Tony needs to play. I dont want to see Laprivitolla in a basketball court again. Dude sucks...

Chris
11-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Tony absolutely needs to play. Can't afford to lose any more games.

NameLess Scrub
11-12-2016, 06:16 AM
Ryan will have a practice drill, as someone pretends to be closing out.

After this game, they'll come up with a lobs per game stat that Harden's going to lead (LPG).
They'll also invent a new advanced stat about opponents scrub performance differential, that the Spurs will lead (OSPD).

Russo21
11-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Have to play Gasol and see his if he can get a hot streak going after his 21, 9 and 6 night. I want to see Olympics Gasol out there

MultiTroll
11-12-2016, 09:21 AM
How about if Pop rests and Tim Duncan takes over coaching a game.

Raven
11-12-2016, 09:24 AM
no rest for anybody ffs.

Ice009
11-12-2016, 09:51 AM
If Pop rests players, he should be relieved of duty and moved to the front office. This rest shit is getting ridiculous.

bklynspursfan
11-12-2016, 10:39 AM

Not against Houston imo. They looked bad at home against them. Would rather see the main guys play with a chip on their shoulder after their performance last game

bklynspursfan
11-12-2016, 10:43 AM
If Pop rests players, he should be relieved of duty and moved to the front office. This rest shit is getting ridiculous.

If it was something that has been proven not to work, I'd agree. But it has had some success

r0drig0lac
11-12-2016, 12:24 PM
rest Duncan, play all the others

Keepin' it real
11-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Rest? Bunch of millennial softies.