PDA

View Full Version : It's officially over

GSH
11-12-2016, 12:50 AM
It's game night. The Spurs won by 10. Nobody is in the game thread. There's no analysis. There are no game grades, and nobody really cares. There are about six yahoos arguing politics in three different threads that have nothing, really, to do with Spurs basketball. I don't think I've seen a "Caption This" thread in a couple of years. "Mike Ditka couldn't have stopped Manu tonight" is buried so deeply, you might have to go into the archives to find it.

Nobody thinks the Spurs could win it all this year. Nobody is bothering to say this is "fools gold", because there's no gold at all. Nobody even cares that we traded Paul George. And half the people still here don't even know who Luis Scola is. The only bright spot is that our team name didn't get changed to the Pelicans.

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. :depressed

SpurPadre
11-12-2016, 12:52 AM
It's game night. The Spurs won by 10. Nobody is in the game thread. There's no analysis. There are no game grades, and nobody really cares. There are about six yahoos arguing politics in three different threads that have nothing, really, to do with Spurs basketball. I don't think I've seen a "Caption This" thread in a couple of years. "Mike Ditka couldn't have stopped Manu tonight" is buried so deeply, you might have to go into the archives to find it.

Nobody thinks the Spurs could win it all this year. Nobody is bothering to say this is "fools gold", because there's no gold at all. Nobody even cares that we traded Paul George. And half the people still here don't even know who Luis Scola is. The only bright spot is that our team name didn't get changed to the Pelicans.

Ok, Matt Bonner fucking sucks. How's that?

Robz4000
11-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Guy in charge of game grades tonight hasn't shown up in weeks tbh. However, I have to disagree; the world ended when TD retired.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Spurs died w/ TD. Pop is completely out of sorts right now. Democrats losing the presidency in one year, losing your and the Spurs best player ever, and Bonner, your 2nd best player ever, is taking it's toll on him. He's packing it in as well.

Mr. Body
11-12-2016, 12:58 AM
Scola Thread.

Mr. Body
11-12-2016, 12:59 AM
Anyway I think people realized you can call people faggot and throw bricks in their face now after the election, so they don't have to do it here.

SpurPadre
11-12-2016, 12:59 AM
TD will come back to judge the living and the dead, tbh.

Robz4000
11-12-2016, 01:00 AM
Scola Thread.

Good catch tbh.

SCOLA THREAD!!!!!!

RGMCSE
11-12-2016, 01:00 AM
Guy in charge of game grades tonight hasn't shown up in weeks tbh. However, I have to disagree; the world ended when TD retired.

Wrong, the world ended 8 years ago when that fraud took over our country. But have no fear our king savior trump is here!!! Kiss the ring!!!

DAF86
11-12-2016, 01:03 AM
I did make a thread about next game, tbh.

WCF is my championship this year, tbh.

Solid D
11-12-2016, 01:04 AM
Scola for Jackie Butler and the rights to a mama's boy.

:depressed

Nathan89
11-12-2016, 01:11 AM
Spurs didn't maintain the early start of the season to warrant the "fools gold" comments. It certainly got some hopes of having a competitive team up though. Now we look terrible.

Darius Bieber
11-12-2016, 01:48 AM
I told you guys on the Warriors game night that this team is fool's gold and everyone laughed. No one is laughing now.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-12-2016, 03:24 AM
timvp needs to come back.

AaronY
11-12-2016, 06:08 AM
Anyway I think people realized you can call people faggot and throw bricks in their face now after the election, so they don't have to do it here.
lmfao

DeRozan m8
11-12-2016, 06:53 AM

Overreact more, snowflake

cutewizard
11-12-2016, 06:54 AM
Hope springs eternal..............

The Brow is waiting in the wings

and the Brother on the Wall might even visit our shores.....

cutewizard
11-12-2016, 06:55 AM
We are a "Rodman" away from the NBA title!!

99 Problems
11-12-2016, 07:35 AM
Boogie can really play.

Mr. Body
11-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Overreact more, snowflake

Go grab your mom by the pussy. It's totally legal now.

Chinook
11-12-2016, 08:03 AM
So there's a game-grade thread, because someone decided to do one instead of use it as a talking point about the state of ST. And the Spurs haven't stopped being contenders just because they lost some early games. They are currently experimenting with Kawhiso, and that probably won't win a title unless cut with better offensive sets, but there's still plenty of time to get those. I think too that they need a trade to reach their potential, and I think they can get that if they're smart.

Anyone who thought the Spurs could change so much and come out playing perfectly from the start was asking for disappointment. This is the most turnover the team has had maybe ever. Only 2012 was close in recent memory. The team still got to the WCF that year after a couple of young guys grew up, they made a decent trade and they picked up a couple of mid-season free agents.

sananspursfan21
11-12-2016, 10:38 AM
James Gist was a piece of crap

BD24
11-12-2016, 11:00 AM
:lolSadly this is true.

GSH
11-12-2016, 11:09 AM
So there's a game-grade thread, because someone decided to do one instead of use it as a talking point about the state of ST.

OMG you're an unlikable sonofabitch. You know a bit about basketball, but you're just an unlikable sonofabitch.

I know, I know... you took it personally since you're now the owner of game grades. And the content of ST. And everything else. Supercilious asshole.

baseline bum
11-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Spurs wouldn't be in this fucked up situation if they hadn't cut Pops Mensah-Bonsu.

GSH
11-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Scola Thread.

LOL. Scola threads sort of carried us through the lean times for a while. I guess now it's going to be Trump threads for a while?

I drank Crown for the first time in probably two years last night, and there was nobody to talk to here - except about Trump. All the excitement and chatter over that first game at GSW has sort of died down. :lol

Seventyniner
11-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Perhaps the most important season in franchise history started 6-8. I can't say I'm worried yet. It sucks that the team is playing so poorly in the last few games, but they are neither as bad as recent games suggest nor as good as they looked in the first 4 games. If the playoffs started today the Spurs would lose 4-1 in the second round. Luckily there's a lot of season left.

Chinook
11-12-2016, 11:22 AM
OMG you're an unlikable sonofabitch. You know a bit about basketball, but you're just an unlikable sonofabitch.

I know, I know... you took it personally since you're now the owner of game grades. And the content of ST. And everything else. Supercilious asshole.

If anything's over, it's you. And you've been over for a while: PMSing any chance you get, not being able to take just the slightest bit of push back on your idea before you turn into a damned child.

Now was your thread made tongue in cheek? Yes, I assume. Was your thread an overderivative piece of shit? Yes. Do you seem to have a legit issue interacting with others on here? Yep.

Mr. Body
11-12-2016, 11:32 AM
LOL. Scola threads sort of carried us through the lean times for a while. I guess now it's going to be Trump threads for a while?

I drank Crown for the first time in probably two years last night, and there was nobody to talk to here - except about Trump. All the excitement and chatter over that first game at GSW has sort of died down. :lol

Scola is playing here in Brooklyn. Weird that he's nearing the end of his career...

Splits
11-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Fucking Dragic for Malik Hairston killed this franchise (other than the two Finals runs we made after that)

Floyd Pacquiao
11-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Spurs have no have no elite perimeter play makers and rim protectors. It's just kawhi by himself, with some OK players. Prime tim, tony & manu aren't walking through those doors.

skulls138
11-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Hey LMA got a fucking double/double, Im pleased. Didnt want to mention it because its only one game but I like it. Now hes got to post up some more and stop settling for the jump shot.

Spurtacular
11-12-2016, 08:03 PM

:lmao OP thinks it's astonishing that a run of the mill game isn't garnering more interest than a lifetime event :lmao

jehawk81
11-12-2016, 08:52 PM

Det Duncan effect

cutewizard
11-12-2016, 09:25 PM
its NOT over

phxspurfan
11-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Manu for Tayshaun Prince

timtonymanu
11-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Spurs wouldn't be in this fucked up situation if they hadn't cut Pops Mensah-Bonsu.

Holy shit I forgot about Pops. I remember he det one good game and Spurs fans wanted him to start before he was cut for Carlos Boozer. :lol

Trainwreck2100
11-12-2016, 10:06 PM
ish smith didn't push out shit in

cutewizard
11-12-2016, 11:45 PM
As long as Gasol and Manu are HEALTHY going into the 2017 Playoffs, then anything is possible.....

Gather ANY PAIRS OF NBA PLAYERS, any two teammates, and compare basketball iq's across the board

YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY PAIR THAT EXCEEDS MANU AND GASOL IN BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE AND IQ......for those currently playing

----------------------------------------------------

Hypothesis: MOST INTELLIGENT PAIR IN THE NBA RIGHT NOW = GASOL AND MANU!!!!

cutewizard
11-12-2016, 11:48 PM
For comparison

NBA History, Most Intelligent Pairs who ever played the Game (obviously, this is subjective, haha)

In no particular order:

Jordan and Pippen

Russell and Cousy

Russell and Havlicek?

West and Chamberlain

Bird and McHale

Bird and Johnson?

Thomas and Rodman!!!!!

Duncan and Manu!!!!

Jordan and Rodman!!!!

Manu and Gasol

---------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmm, feel free to critique this and add.....