PDA

View Full Version : Splitter or Gasol

Spurs9
11-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Who would you rather have right now?

dabom
11-12-2016, 08:37 PM
Well splitter cant even play in the NBA right now.

timtonymanu
11-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Well splitter cant even play in the NBA right now.

This. But having 2014 version of Splitter next to LMA would have been great.

dabom
11-12-2016, 08:53 PM

No doubt. Dude was a walking glass vagina though. :lol

Spurs9
11-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Gasol seems softer than Splitter was, also talking 2014 Splitter too tbh

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2016, 11:13 PM
The question should be who would you rather have on the bench, Becky Hammon or Splitter tbh.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2016, 11:17 PM
2014 splitter was so important tbh. 2016 Gasol is a soft pussy that refuses to contribute if hes not getting touches so do the Math..

TheGreatYacht
11-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Shitter out 6 weeks with a strained calf

...Guy hasn't played in nearly a year and he gets hurt again :lol

Seventyniner
11-27-2016, 01:20 PM
Any player that can actually play is better than one that can't. 2014 Splitter is never coming back.

james evans
11-27-2016, 01:40 PM
the bad thing about having Shitter on the floor is that he can't shoot so bigs can pack the lane. With Gasol(and even though he's soft as fuck on defense) you can't pack the lane on him.

Fireball
11-27-2016, 02:15 PM
the bad thing about having Shitter on the floor is that he can't shoot so bigs can pack the lane. With Gasol(and even though he's soft as fuck on defense) you can't pack the lane on him.

Splitter worked with TD ... so him and LMA would do the same ... even better with LMA shooting threes

Seventyniner
11-27-2016, 02:17 PM

Splitter did a great job of spacing the floor. Shooters space the floor by drawing defenders away from the basket, great roll men space the floor by drawing defenders away from shooters.

That's what I hoped Dedmon would bring to the Spurs on offense but he hasn't had much chance to show it.

Arcadian
11-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Gasol

tholdren
11-27-2016, 08:33 PM
gasol

cd98
11-27-2016, 08:53 PM
I think Gasoline has been great for the Spurs. We will need him to win a title, no question.

Spurtacular
11-27-2016, 08:57 PM
What low post option do the Spurs have right now?

Leetonidas
11-27-2016, 09:10 PM
If Splitter could ever stay healthy he would be great next to LMA imo. Problem is he is never healthy so Gasol wins tbh

Obi Juan Kenobi
11-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Gasol still adjusting to the team...it is only November afterall...

Chillen
11-28-2016, 08:51 AM
LOL, people that over value Splitter and under value Gasol.

Gasol without even thinking once about it.

$pursDynasty
11-28-2016, 10:55 AM
When I think of Splitter I think of waiting. Either waiting for him to sign with the team after many years and much hype on his oversees hidden status, or waiting for him to get off of the injury dnp list. He had a few good games here and there but not enough to look back on his time here longingly. I wish Pau would have just come to us instead of going to the Bulls for what was a waste of time (but not money). Pau on this team with Timmy, then picking up LMA (and not having DWorst) might have gotten us another ring. I don't know if I would take 2016-17 Splitter on a DWorst league minimum deal, of all the past Spurs big men he would rank for me behind the Big Banger, Boban, Ian, Scola, heck even DWorst the only one he might beat out would be Dejuan Blair and even Blair was more dependable to make the active roster game after game than Splitter.

Dex
11-28-2016, 11:06 AM

Boom goes the dynamite.

I think it's safe to say that most people would take a healthy Splitter over an aged Gasol.

Wanting a healthy Splitter is also akin to wanting a nymphomaniac wife. People in hell have a better chance at getting ice water.

tmtcsc
11-28-2016, 12:14 PM
This can't be a serious question. If we are going to play "What if" on Splitter's health, then why not just throw in a 1995 David Robinson? That's who I would prefer. FFS, Splitter couldn't and still can't stay healthy. The Spurs were fortunate to get anything out of that dude. His body is fragile and not made for playing professional sports. Just a guess, but I bet he's missed as much time as he's ever played. Someone with more time on their hands might be able to look it up.

tmtcsc
11-28-2016, 12:17 PM
LOL, people that over value Splitter and under value Gasol.

Gasol without even thinking once about it.

This. Gasol has All-Star caliber seasons on his resume and played Robin to Kobe's Batman in a couple Championship runs.

Dre_7
11-28-2016, 02:48 PM
This season Gasol is averaging 25.8 mpg, 11.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.2 bpg, and 2.6 apg. Splitter is averaging 0 mpg, 0 ppg, 0 rpg, 0 bpg, and 0 apg.

Easiest question to answer ever.

Sean Cagney
11-28-2016, 03:10 PM

He should retire IMO, after 2014 and even then or before it he kept getting hurt. I liked him when healthy but that seems like never.

cd98
11-28-2016, 03:52 PM
I actually think Splitter's injury status helps keep the mystique going on how good he is. I remember when he played for the Spurs, there was always a lot of buzz about him because he rarely ever played due to injury. We would get excited when he would finely play and every little thing he did got overstated. Then, he got dunked on by Lebron and he kind of became the team pussy. After that, he had one season with moderately good health where he redeemed himself in the playoffs, and then he resumed injured Splitter and has been injured ever since. Boy, if anyone is grateful for 2014, it should be Splitter's legacy.

YGWHI
11-28-2016, 04:30 PM
I think Gasoline has been great for the Spurs. We will need him to win a title, no question.

Well, it's hard to see him like a key to win when you think they have to beat Clippers and GSW to play the Finals.

Sadly, Pau seems very unplayable against them if Pop continues with the switching on CP3, JJ, Curry, Klay, KD. Those guards and KD has exposed Gasol lack of mobility before, and will kill him in a series.

If Beal got him last night, just imagine what CP3, Curry & Co will do against Pau in playoffs.