PDA

View Full Version : Fathead didnt play. Free daps inside.

dabom
11-12-2016, 10:39 PM
:lol

Russ
11-12-2016, 10:43 PM
Kyle does seem to sap the team of energy and confidence at times. Maybe Pop is going to use him less in hard-fought games.

TheGreatYacht
Pop reads spurstalk

Splits
b2b rest, tbh.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah, he's been relegated to a new low. He's now the 11th guy in the team. At least dedmon is going to play minutes...I cant think of a scenario where he plays in the playoffs when Green Starts to get more minutes.

dabom
11-12-2016, 10:44 PM
b2b rest, tbh.

Dude moves like a senior citizen tbh. :lol

Splits
11-12-2016, 10:45 PM
Dude moves like a senior citizen tbh. :lol

Hey, not everyone's got the stamina and longevity of a Parker.

TheGreatYacht
11-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Hey, not everyone's got the stamina and longevity of a Parker.

Chinook
11-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Odd to bench him after his best game in a long time. But I like that Pop stayed big all game. When you have two all-stars starting and the best bench big-man duo, you need to ride that advantage. Didn't like that Dedmon didn't play, though. It's a month until he's tradeable. So there'd be no point in marginalizing him now.

dabom
11-12-2016, 10:51 PM
The starting line up is great without him.the bench too.

Kawhitstorm
11-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Should have traded his ass for 40 yr old Vince Carter before their stocks went the opposite direction after Summer League.:bang

apalisoc_9
11-12-2016, 11:00 PM
I think its more to do with the fact that Danny is just possibly the second most valuable spur so Kyle as a replacement in the SL really puts a lot of pressure on him..

He's always going to lool terrible.

The biggest thing now is that he's playing behind simmons and Lee and Dedmon are both going to play so we will probably see him play less minutes than last year.

Nathan89
11-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Kyle out the rotation:danceclub

DeRozan m8
11-13-2016, 12:03 AM
Kyles lucky Danny was injured tbh

Thank you Pop

SAGirl
11-13-2016, 01:52 AM
Odd to bench him after his best game in a long time. But I like that Pop stayed big all game. When you have two all-stars starting and the best bench big-man duo, you need to ride that advantage. Didn't like that Dedmon didn't play, though. It's a month until he's tradeable. So there'd be no point in marginalizing him now.I didn't see this game and wondered about Dedmon, but I think Pop wanted to see his preferred rotation against a hot perimeter team like the Rockets that just beat them in a game that Pau and LMA didn't play well, just 2 games ago. It's a confidence boost for his bigs to see them get the Rockets right back, and Pop went all in on the strategy of staying big so he had to go for that here. Just IMO without having watched this game though.

You mention the trade for LMA or Pau? Bc I don't think Dedmon is to be benched forever or traded. Spurs wont' survive a full RS with just their 3 main bigs... I don't think kyle will be benched to oblivion either. But that is just IMO.

Edit: Unless the tweet and the ego is a real issue. He didn't strike me as a SJAX b4... talking about Dedmon now...

tmtcsc
11-13-2016, 01:55 AM
Odd to bench him after his best game in a long time. But I like that Pop stayed big all game. When you have two all-stars starting and the best bench big-man duo, you need to ride that advantage. Didn't like that Dedmon didn't play, though. It's a month until he's tradeable. So there'd be no point in marginalizing him now.

3 All-Stars starting.

Kikoluna
11-13-2016, 03:57 AM
Man its a great day when Kyle doesn't play. Someone mentioned he's now the 11th guy, shit, I still have him dead last. 15 out of 15

Chinook
11-13-2016, 06:37 AM
3 All-Stars starting.

I was talking about the two bigs and Pop's decision to stay that way.

NameLess Scrub
11-13-2016, 07:02 AM
I didn't see this game and wondered about Dedmon, but I think Pop wanted to see his preferred rotation against a hot perimeter team like the Rockets that just beat them in a game that Pau and LMA didn't play well, just 2 games ago. It's a confidence boost for his bigs to see them get the Rockets right back, and Pop went all in on the strategy of staying big so he had to go for that here. Just IMO without having watched this game though.

You mention the trade for LMA or Pau? Bc I don't think Dedmon is to be benched forever or traded. Spurs wont' survive a full RS with just their 3 main bigs... I don't think kyle will be benched to oblivion either. But that is just IMO.

Edit: Unless the tweet and the ego is a real issue. He didn't strike me as a SJAX b4... talking about Dedmon now...

I hope it's not an issue. I still look forward to Dedmon's contributions. I hope he's at least gradually getting ready to play more, as he should be useful when Pau comes short on defense.

Ice009
11-13-2016, 08:08 AM

What do you mean? Why would they want to marginalize him?

jbspurs
11-13-2016, 09:32 AM
Kyle does seem to sap the team of energy and confidence at times. Maybe Pop is going to use him less in hard-fought games.

Kyle's negative energy is contagious.

bklynspursfan
11-13-2016, 10:19 AM
Houston isn't a good matchup for Anderson so it makes sense. There will be games where his mins spike I would assume though

Raven
11-13-2016, 10:29 AM
relax.

tmtcsc
11-13-2016, 11:23 AM
I was talking about the two bigs and Pop's decision to stay that way.

Ah, gotchya.

Kikoluna
11-13-2016, 11:49 AM
I say we bump this thread every time Kyle does not play. It is indeed something to celebrate

TD 21
11-14-2016, 07:14 PM
I didn't see this game and wondered about Dedmon, but I think Pop wanted to see his preferred rotation against a hot perimeter team like the Rockets that just beat them in a game that Pau and LMA didn't play well, just 2 games ago. It's a confidence boost for his bigs to see them get the Rockets right back, and Pop went all in on the strategy of staying big so he had to go for that here. Just IMO without having watched this game though.

Yeah, this is a temporary thing that probably has nothing to do with Dedmon liking or re-tweeting (I'd be surprised if Pop is even aware of this) an article or his level of play.

This was more than likely about getting Gasol and to a lesser extent Aldridge going, both individually and collectively.

Pop did the same thing early last season, briefly reducing West's minutes and going to more of a 3 big rotation.

That's the good news. The bad news is, Anderson won't be out of the rotation for long either. Even in the unlikely event they play with a full squad for awhile, he'll still probably end up splitting minutes with Simmons.

dabom
11-14-2016, 09:33 PM
In. :lol

He hasn't played so far and we owning. :lol

100%duncan
11-14-2016, 09:38 PM
In. :lol

He hasn't played so far and we owning. :lol

Rest him for the whole season

Mnky
11-14-2016, 09:47 PM
Over/Under he's trade material?

alpha_HaZE
11-14-2016, 09:48 PM

Phil used to that with the Lakers as well. I remember a French player named Ronny Turiaf? Phil would just benched him after his best game. I used to live in LA at the time, and I still remember Vick the Brick ranting about it lol. At the end, he did it to test his mental toughness. He delivered for them big time once in the playoffs and then signed a nice contract with Golden State :)

100%duncan
11-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Over/Under he's trade material?

TheGreatYacht
11-14-2016, 11:08 PM
He just doesn't care anymore