PDA

View Full Version : Game Grades: Spurs @ Rockets 11/12/16 W

raybies
11-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Sorry not gonna be that thorough, tired. And don't feel like being negative, just gonna focus on the pluses for the most part.

Starters

Tony Parker A : Parker had a nice throw back game. He was -3 but he played well. A good balance of being aggressive and passive. He started out aggressive running the PNR and I'm starting to come to understand why that's important and a game like this is the reason. We are a lot better when he is a threat and not just hiding out there. I personally think his lack of production is mostly a confidence thing mixed with a calibration thing. He's use to making shots at a different speed. I hope at least cause even Duncan had a down year and then recalibrated for a new role. Maybe he can do it, maybe he can't but tonight was a solid game.

Danny Green B : He gets this grade mostly on D. He really has been a breathe of fresh air there and the spacing he provides as a threat is awesome, especially after seeing Kyle's passive play there.

Kawhi Leonard B : Quietly had 20. Missed every shot he had on three but still shot over 50% for the game. Had a Kawbe watch going but there was only like two instances the whole game where he shot a bad shot. For the most part he picked and chose his spots and let the game come to him. In the fourth he made a couple of plays when the Rockets made a run.

LaMarcus Aldridge B- : Wanted to give him a C+ but he made his free throws at the end and got a big board. But I'm not surprised he was a -10 for the game. It felt like he missed every shot at the elbow. I dunno, seems like he is just throwing the ball up there and hoping it goes in. No rhythm or anything, just chuck it cause I'm open. Well I liked the passion he played with tonight. He showed a lot of effort on the boards and on defense and even managed to grab 10 boards.

Pau Gasol A- : He was nowhere to be found in the first quarter but he pick it up in the second quarter and onward. Played a really solid game overall. He played some inspired defense, especially on the perimeter. I could see the effort. He was really chopping his feet on one possession I noticed and he didn't foul as much at the rim.

Bench

Patty Mills B : Provided a needed spark offensively in the first quarter and second. I dunno not much to say here. Patty gonna Patty.

David Lee B : Here's our +/- champion for tonight as he finished the game a +14. Anyways he played a solid game overall and his skill set and IQ give him the edge over Dedmon.

Jonathon Simmons A : I'm sorry guys, I got to give him an A and I wanted to give him an A+ but this isn't an absolute game. But i loved his game tonight. It was about as near perfect of a game as you would want from a role player. He played a really nice floor game, making the right passes and then put pressure on the defense with his penetration. He really provided a spark on defense too and made most of his shots. When I looked at his +/- for the game I wasn't surprised he was +12. Probably more deserved than Lee's +14. Anyways he deserves and has earned his spot. With him playing like this it's gonna be tough for anyone to get minutes here.

Manu Ginobili A+: Almost a Mike Ditka night and maybe it is with a curve but we'll see if it's been bumped after I'm done writing this thread. He made some nifty plays tonight and also very efficient. Some of those layups were vintage Manu and it's games like this you are glad he's still here lacing them up. Also no turnovers.

DeWayne Dedmon INC : For the time he was in he definitely was a defensive presence and deterrent but I really have no base to grade him on. He played well though.

Pop A: Loved his rotations for the most part. It's clear whoever is having a better game between Patty or Tony, that person will play. Glad he shortened the rotation so guys could start having some "organization" and be more "habitual". I think this team needs that tbh, and we can't afford to get too far behind in the standings. Also loved that Pau played with the bench in the second half. He makes the most sense to play those minutes. Pau can still feast on lesser players.

Congrats on the A/B Honor Roll tonight guys!

apalisoc_9
11-12-2016, 11:29 PM
Thankks op.

raybies
11-12-2016, 11:33 PM
Thankks op.

You're my boy, blue. :bobo

Robz4000
11-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Good write up :tu

I think at this point we can say Dedmon is in the doghouse, unfortunately. At least it didn't hurt the Spurs tonight.

raybies
11-12-2016, 11:36 PM

I think at this point we can say Dedmon is in the doghouse, unfortunately. At least it didn't hurt the Spurs tonight.

I honestly think if Duncan were here, he wouldn't of said that. And if he did, Old Man Riverwalk would of let him know to expect not to play. Also Pop prolly trying to save him several million from an opt out. :lol

Chinook
11-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Thanks Raybies for stepping up again.

You can see what this team may become when you look at a game like this. Kawhi and LMA splitting time as the top option with Parker and Pau filling in the gaps, and Green and Kawhi forcing players to either take contested jumpers or challenge Pau and LMA in places where the Spurs have the advantage. They'd have to tighten things up to beat the Warriors with this lineup, and until they can figure out how to defend lobs, the Clippers are a scary match-up, but everyone will be a more effective players if no one uses up the bulk of the offense.

The second unit is still fluid and probably will be until the Spurs can string together some more games with a healthy rotation. They are moving away from the Lee/Dedmon combo, which is among other things a reason why people shouldn't make threads after two games laughing at concerns about those two as a tandem. But more than that, it means that the fourth-big spot is still open. Will Anderson get it? You'd've thought based on the match-up and his great play last game. Will Bertans get it? Will the Spurs get another big eventually to take it? I'd like to see Pop have a non-fluid answer, even if it will change in some match-ups. The second unit still needs an identity beyond hope that someone on the bench has a great game.

I'd still like to see a trade to get a solid rotation guard, but I do hope that Parker and Manu can peak at the right time, which means I probably won't be too happy or sad with their play until around the RRT.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2016, 11:44 PM

We're going to lose in the CF cause Pop cant get over a demonstrative tweet of a Black man, tbh..

My prediction.

apalisoc_9
11-12-2016, 11:45 PM
Also Leonard deserves to shoot 25 of he wanted too..Chinook is just being an Ass and compeltely forgettting the playoffs.

Robz4000
11-12-2016, 11:49 PM
We're going to lose in the CF cause Pop cant get over a demonstrative tweet of a Black man, tbh..

My prediction.

Unless something changes this team's ceiling is the second round tbh. Nothing about this team makes me think they can beat GS or LAC.

cutewizard
11-13-2016, 12:00 AM
Thanks Sir Raybies!

Cry Havoc
11-13-2016, 12:07 AM
Thanks. I wasn't as happy with our performance tonight. Our D has to be more active and more aggressive.

ElNono
11-13-2016, 12:12 AM
Thanks raybies! Solid writeup :tu

raybies
11-13-2016, 12:12 AM
Thanks. I wasn't as happy with our performance tonight. Our D has to be more active and more aggressive.

It was improved though. I gave them credit for that. It wasn't anything like last year but we're not gonna be that even at peak.

YGWHI
11-13-2016, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the grades! :tu

Also Leonard deserves to shoot 25 of he wanted too..
One thing is what Kawhi deserves, and other is what the team needs.

Even when he deserves ton of shots, the team doesn't need Kawhi taking 25 shots every night.

But this game shows that Kawhi parking in the corner for most game again, won't help.

They need to keep him more involved instead of calling him as superhero to save the day like tonight in the 4th quarter...when they needed him to take over scoring almost 8 consecutive points when the Rockets made a run.

Also, with Parker on the floor the idea of playing some two-man game between Kawhi-Pau/LMA...fizzles.

It's a shame because when Parker/Manu won't look that good in playoffs against elite teams, this team will need other option, and we wasted another season without exploring Kawhi as that option.

Chinook is just being an Ass and compeltely forgettting the playoffs.

I find it very funny/incoherent when people say 'but but Kawhi wasn't aggressive in the last minute of game 5'

When they want him to park in the corner and barely shoot the ball.

'Focus on D. Just play D, Kawhi...'

Like if this team can survive if Kawhi doesn't score...

I wonder why he didn't mention Kawhi as one of the Spurs strenghts

raybies
11-13-2016, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the grades! :tu

One thing is what Kawhi deserves, and other is what the team needs.

Even when he deserves ton of shots, the team doesn't need Kawhi taking 25 shots every night.

But this game shows that Kawhi parking in the corner for most game again, won't help.

They need to keep him more involved instead of calling him as superhero to save the day like tonight in the 4th quarter...when they needed him to take over scoring almost 8 consecutive points when the Rockets made a run.

Also, with Parker on the floor the idea of playing some two-man game between Kawhi-Pau/LMA...fizzles.

It's a shame because when Parker/Manu won't look that good in playoffs against elite teams, this team will need other option, and we wasted another season without exploring Kawhi as that option.

I find it very funny/incoherent when people say 'but but Kawhi wasn't aggressive in the last minute of game 5'

When they want him to park in the corner and barely shoot the ball.

'Focus on D. Just play D, Kawhi...'

Like if this team will survive if Kawhi doesn't score...

I wonder why he didn't mention Kawhi as one of the Spurs strenghts

It's really about balance tbh. But that will come with time. Can't have Kawbe out there chucking us into oblivion and we can't just ignore him and then expect him to turn it on at the end, however i'm glad the team recognizes him as the closer. He's earned that already and maybe it had to take Pop jumping up and down to give him the ball for the team to see him that way, but he delivers for the most part. But I agree for the most part with Chinook in the aspect that it needs to be balanced. All the plants need to be watered and Kawhi is most like a cactus. He has other ways to impact a game besides offense. He started his career as a role player and was developed into a star. He'll be fine. I'm sure he's happy they got a win more than his numbers. He's a machine, remember.

SAGirl
11-13-2016, 12:25 AM
Thanks for your grades raybies. I missed this game. :tu
:flag:

Chinook
11-13-2016, 12:31 AM
Also Leonard deserves to shoot 25 of he wanted too..Chinook is just being an Ass and compeltely forgettting the playoffs.

Leave it to you to cry over Kawhi not getting enough shots even when win. Any Leonard shill should want to forget the playoffs. At best, it shows that Leonard is still extremely inconsistent as the first option, so him being 1A and getting like 27 percent of the shots rather than 35-40 percent is much better.

SAGirl
11-13-2016, 12:31 AM
I do have a question for anyone, since I didn't watch this. I just looked at the stats and noticed Pop played his 3 main bigs a lot in a B2B. I thought this was going to be a game for Dedmon to play more specially after Pau getting 37 minutes last night. So I do wonder if this is just a way to humble him, or it's just a matter of getting Pau and LMA time together since they had not exhibited good chemistry and hadn't been playing well together. It's more of a general wondering...

Truth be told, the team probably needed to focus on LmA and Pau anyways, they were not going to be better by ignoring the issue if they didn't have chemistry. It might just be a function of Pop needing to address this than anything having to do with Dedmon, but since I missed the game, I am wondering.

YGWHI
11-13-2016, 12:42 AM
Can't have Kawbe out there chucking us into oblivion and we can't just ignore him and then expect him to turn it on at the end
That's exactly what I think...Also, a good option to avoid the Kawbe is involving him in other ways than the Isos at the top of the key.

Against Detroit, ****** said that the team should give him the ball in favorable matchups, he repeatly said that Kawhi was asking for the ball having Ish Smith defending him and Parker opted to look for his own shot.

Exploiting mismatches, playing him in two-man games...He's one of the most versatile scorers in the league and Pop gives him only Isos. It's a shame.

He has other ways to impact a game besides offense
Obviously, he has. But if people think that this team will win many games with Kawhi being passive on offense, they're as crazy as Chinnok. :D

YGWHI
11-13-2016, 12:45 AM
Why I can't post the last name of former Spurs SF who made a historic shot??

A lot of ******

Is this a joke? :lol

daledondale
11-13-2016, 12:59 AM
Thanks Raybies!

raybies
11-13-2016, 01:05 AM
I do have a question for anyone, since I didn't watch this. I just looked at the stats and noticed Pop played his 3 main bigs a lot in a B2B. I thought this was going to be a game for Dedmon to play more specially after Pau getting 37 minutes last night. So I do wonder if this is just a way to humble him, or it's just a matter of getting Pau and LMA time together since they had not exhibited good chemistry and hadn't been playing well together. It's more of a general wondering...

Truth be told, the team probably needed to focus on LmA and Pau anyways, they were not going to be better by ignoring the issue if they didn't have chemistry. It might just be a function of Pop needing to address this than anything having to do with Dedmon, but since I missed the game, I am wondering.

I'll try to answer this... IMO Pop is going for the wins. He has Pau who is showing that he offensively has a lot in the tank. So i think situationally he felt he could maybe extend the lead by playing Pau against lesser players, and I mean at the end of the third quarter. I hope he does this going forward cause spreading the wealth would be awesome. We have a lot of options in the starting lineup and playing Pau with the bench gives him the chance to be a focal point and feel important, which I'd assume, really means a lot to him. So like a old Manu role or current Durant role. I'm not sure if Pop was planning this or if it just happened. I'm sure Pop would want to limit minutes more but maybe he's like, "what the heck,'' and feels he needs to coach more due to Duncan need being there. In past he could have bad stretches and feel like, "we're gonna be fine, just need to be healthy at the end," but now he needs to put them in the best position to win because it's a new team and we have no idea how they will respond. I think it's fairly reasonable to think we need to go for the one seed and for obvious reasons, so we might not see very many tanked games this year.

apalisoc_9
11-13-2016, 01:07 AM
Leave ot to chinook to suggest an offensive system that crashed in the playoffs last year :lmao..

Yes, relying in a top 60pg and a washed up gasol consistently on the offensive end is what going to win is games :lmao...

Pop clearly deliberaltey wanted Kawhi to start the season strong and hes going to have many nights where hes going to take up 30-35 of the shots...

Its a must since thats how the playoffs is going to come down to...Trying otherwise, is retarded.

Chinook
11-13-2016, 01:23 AM
Leave ot to chinook to suggest an offensive system that crashed in the playoffs last year :lmao..

Yes, relying in a top 60pg and a washed up gasol consistently on the offensive end is what going to win is games :lmao...

Pop clearly deliberaltey wanted Kawhi to start the season strong and hes going to have many nights where hes going to take up 30-35 of the shots...

Its a must since thats how the playoffs is going to come down to...Trying otherwise, is retarded.

Apa, you know as well as I do that the Spurs rode Kawhiso in two playoffs in a row. Don't try to blame the losses on Kawhi not shooting enough. Not getting good enough looks? Sure. Needing help so guys can't key in on him? Yes. Not shooting enough iso pull-ups? Nope.

Then again, you openly want Pop to force feed Kawhi to get him an MVP, so we know where your head is on this subject.

apalisoc_9
11-13-2016, 01:33 AM
Apa, you know as well as I do that the Spurs rode Kawhiso in two playoffs in a row. Don't try to blame the losses on Kawhi not shooting enough. Not getting good enough looks? Sure. Needing help so guys can't key in on him? Yes. Not shooting enough iso pull-ups? Nope.

Then again, you openly want Pop to force feed Kawhi to get him an MVP, so we know where your head is on this subject.

Your making things up. The Spurs never played a kawhi centric offense in the playoffs. Porker 21 shots in game 7 two years ago...and never did last year.

Your delusional if you dont think a superstar needs his nights to prepare for playoff games that is more than like going to come down to best players makong buckets or not...

If Kawhi feels like he wants to take 30..he should.

SAGirl
11-13-2016, 01:45 AM
I'll try to answer this... IMO Pop is going for the wins. He has Pau who is showing that he offensively has a lot in the tank. So i think situationally he felt he could maybe extend the lead by playing Pau against lesser players, and I mean at the end of the third quarter. I hope he does this going forward cause spreading the wealth would be awesome. We have a lot of options in the starting lineup and playing Pau with the bench gives him the chance to be a focal point and feel important, which I'd assume, really means a lot to him. So like a old Manu role or current Durant role. I'm not sure if Pop was planning this or if it just happened. I'm sure Pop would want to limit minutes more but maybe he's like, "what the heck,'' and feels he needs to coach more due to Duncan need being there. In past he could have bad stretches and feel like, "we're gonna be fine, just need to be healthy at the end," but now he needs to put them in the best position to win because it's a new team and we have no idea how they will respond. I think it's fairly reasonable to think we need to go for the one seed and for obvious reasons, so we might not see very many tanked games this year.
Thanks. :tu
I like Pop experimenting early. And what you say is coherent with things I have noticed Pop do in past games and even past seasons.

Robz4000
11-13-2016, 02:02 AM
Your making things up. The Spurs never played a kawhi centric offense in the playoffs. Porker 21 shots in game 7 two years ago...and never did last year.

Your delusional if you dont think a superstar needs his nights to prepare for playoff games that is more than like going to come down to best players makong buckets or not...

If Kawhi feels like he wants to take 30..he should.

Kawhi should never take 30 shots ever tbh. No one on this team should.

GSH
11-13-2016, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the grades, and for taking the time. Nice job again.

Aldridge "showed a lot of effort on the boards and on defense". Except when he didn't. There were times when I just happened to be focused on him, when he just stood and did nothing. Not the whole game, obviously. But some plays when he was seriously a pylon on defense. And several I saw where made zero effort - and I mean ZERO - to fight for rebounds. The Spurs got their asses kicked on the glass, and he let Harden out-hustle him for rebounds more than once. But on a few plays, he just didn't make any kind of move toward the ball. I know he wound up with 10 boards, but none on the offensive end, and he whiffed on more than a couple that he should have had a good shot at. If you remember, last year he picked up quite a few points cleaning up the offensive glass.

One thing you didn't mention is that Gasol led the team in assists with 6. He's knows as a good-passing big man, and if the Spurs are going to get anything near full value out of him, that's going to have to be part of the package. Tonight he did a good job of finding the right pass and delivering.

Looks to me like Simmons has been listening to the coaches and putting effort into improving his game. He's not a one-trick pony anymore on offense, as he's really looking to kick the ball when he penetrates instead of always heading for the rim. He also played some very good defense. He handled Harden about as well as could be expected. He only committed one foul, and that was a very smart foul IIRC.

Did anybody else think Danny looked like he was walking a little funny a couple of times? I thought so, and one of the people I was watching with commented on it. He did get two blocks, which is something he's always done remarkably well for a guard.

The biggest problem with tonight's game is that the Spurs gave up 30 in both the third and fourth quarters. IMO, that had a lot to do with some poor shot selection that gave Harden a lot of chances to run. Give him a full head of steam, and no single player is going to stop him often. Put two guys in front of him, and he dumps to a 3P shooter. I know Pop says that good defense leads to good offense. But this was one of those times that really demonstrate the other side - that bad offense leads to ugly defense.

raybies
11-13-2016, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the grades, and for taking the time. Nice job again.

Aldridge "showed a lot of effort on the boards and on defense". Except when he didn't. There were times when I just happened to be focused on him, when he just stood and did nothing. Not the whole game, obviously. But some plays when he was seriously a pylon on defense. And several I saw where made zero effort - and I mean ZERO - to fight for rebounds. The Spurs got their asses kicked on the glass, and he let Harden out-hustle him for rebounds more than once. But on a few plays, he just didn't make any kind of move toward the ball. I know he wound up with 10 boards, but none on the offensive end, and he whiffed on more than a couple that he should have had a good shot at. If you remember, last year he picked up quite a few points cleaning up the offensive glass.

One thing you didn't mention is that Gasol led the team in assists with 6. He's knows as a good-passing big man, and if the Spurs are going to get anything near full value out of him, that's going to have to be part of the package. Tonight he did a good job of finding the right pass and delivering.

Looks to me like Simmons has been listening to the coaches and putting effort into improving his game. He's not a one-trick pony anymore on offense, as he's really looking to kick the ball when he penetrates instead of always heading for the rim. He also played some very good defense. He handled Harden about as well as could be expected. He only committed one foul, and that was a very smart foul IIRC.

Did anybody else think Danny looked like he was walking a little funny a couple of times? I thought so, and one of the people I was watching with commented on it. He did get two blocks, which is something he's always done remarkably well for a guard.

The biggest problem with tonight's game is that the Spurs gave up 30 in both the third and fourth quarters. IMO, that had a lot to do with some poor shot selection that gave Harden a lot of chances to run. Give him a full head of steam, and no single player is going to stop him often. Put two guys in front of him, and he dumps to a 3P shooter. I know Pop says that good defense leads to good offense. But this was one of those times that really demonstrate the other side - that bad offense leads to ugly defense.

I'll have to pay more attention to him them. The few times I watched him play D I noticed effort. Maybe the fact that I noticed was evidence that he wasn't present previously :lol

Overall solid post, thanks.

GSH
11-13-2016, 03:16 AM
I'll have to pay more attention to him them. The few times I watched him play D I noticed effort. Maybe the fact that I noticed was evidence that he wasn't present previously :lol

Overall solid post, thanks.

I don't want to leave the wrong impression. I thought your grades and write-up were good. I usually just mention a few little things that I notice in the games. Aldridge had a decent night, and respectable numbers. (Except for that 5-13 shooting. :lol ) One of my old coaches would always say, "Yeah, but there was a lot of chicken left on that bone." That's kind of what I thought about Aldridge tonight - he left a lot of chicken on the bone. But what really disturbed me were those times when he just didn't make any effort at all. A couple of times on defense I thought maybe he just didn't want to pick up another foul - he finished with four. But on the glass - just not even trying to get position, or put a body on anyone. I don't know, the guy had 16 and 10. But I think he could have done a lot to keep Harden and Anderson from having 9 offensive boards between them.

I got pissed on in the game thread about saying this, but Manu was just 2-4 in the first half, without much else in his stat line. He went on a tear there in the third quarter and went 3-3 plus got a couple of FT's. But two of those shots were 3-pointers, and one was assisted by Simmons. Bottom line, with few exceptions, Manu's not beating anyone off the dribble anymore. I kept hoping that he would be able to do it some, but just not as often or for as many minutes. But it's starting to look like that was wishful thinking. Not knocking Manu - it's understandable with his age and mileage, and he's still Manu. He's smart, and a good distributor. But without the threat of slashing to the basket, it puts some limits on the second unit. Probably also says that Simmons is going to get lots of opportunities to prove that he can step his game up. I still miss the old Manu.

jARS mEsH sEt
11-13-2016, 03:34 AM
If Kawhi had the ability to get his teammates involved off the dribble while players are in motion more effectively, he'd be the best player in the game. As it stands the combination of his individual offense, marginal ability to get his teammates involved, and DPOY-level defense cements his rank as the 3rd or 4th best player in the league. If he ever makes the jump to skillfully passing out of double teams or quasi double teams while players are in motion, he'd be unstoppable. He can't do that yet.

monkeypunk
11-13-2016, 03:34 AM
Why I can't post the last name of former Spurs SF who made a historic shot??

A lot of ******

Is this a joke? :lol

Spell it right and it won't blank it out.

r0drig0lac
11-13-2016, 04:59 AM
Simmons needs to play like this every game

spurs10
11-13-2016, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the grades! Also have really enjoyed the basketball discourse in this thread. A lot of interesting observation from various people. :toast

r0drig0lac
11-13-2016, 07:51 AM
Kawhi should never take 30 shots ever tbh. No one on this team should.

Yuixafun
11-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Simmons needs to study 2004/2005 Manu, add some herky jerk. But Manu was genius with the ball and otherwordly instincts. Only baller I ever watched that made me think he was playing 2 seconds ahead of everyon else. I mean he would see things develop before they developed.

elemento
11-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the grades.

Danny Green is such a huge plus defensively it's ridiculous. I love that we have him back. Team looks much better.

TheDoctor
11-13-2016, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the Grades OP

kaji157
11-13-2016, 11:47 AM

I think it is as you said, a combination of things.

On offense Dedmon plays off missed shots and occasional open dunk, while Pau, LA and Lee all play a more active role, they need the time to polish how they work together on that end.

On defense, Dedmon has been the best big of them all by far, he has learnt what is expected from him and so far delivered, while the other 3 are having the most trouble, again, it makes sense that Dedmon is relegated this early.

Finally, a humble bath at the begining of the season will also help remind Dedmon and everyone what is and what is not allowed here, we have 7 new guys and Dedmon got to be "the example".

Thunder1
11-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Thanx for the grades..

Yuixafun
11-13-2016, 01:38 PM
I think it is as you said, a combination of things.

On offense Dedmon plays off missed shots and occasional open dunk, while Pau, LA and Lee all play a more active role, they need the time to polish how they work together on that end.

On defense, Dedmon has been the best big of them all by far, he has learnt what is expected from him and so far delivered, while the other 3 are having the most trouble, again, it makes sense that Dedmon is relegated this early.

Finally, a humble bath at the begining of the season will also help remind Dedmon and everyone what is and what is not allowed here, we have 7 new guys and Dedmon got to be "the example".

All of this exactly.

Brazil
11-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Thanks OP, one of the best game grades of the season. Your takes are spot on and you were respectful of all players... keep it up brah

skulls138
11-13-2016, 03:55 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge B- : Wanted to give him a C+ but he made his free throws at the end and got a big board. But I'm not surprised he was a -10 for the game. It felt like he missed every shot at the elbow. I dunno, seems like he is just throwing the ball up there and hoping it goes in. No rhythm or anything, just chuck it cause I'm open. Well I liked the passion he played with tonight. He showed a lot of effort on the boards and on defense and even managed to grab 10 boards.I didnt see the game til the end and one of LMAs last shots was a post up, drive, re-post up, baby hook. Simple, easy, in-rhythm. Thats what Id like to see more of. I think he also kicked out after they double teamed him and they passed around to find the open man. Parker finally got the ball and should have made it and LMA should have tapped it in but the point is, it was an open shot from LMA posting up and finding the open man instead of jump shot. And he got another double/double. Thumbs up.

And thanks for the grades.

Proxy
11-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Super happy DG is back