PDA

View Full Version : What"s the adjustment we need to make when facing the Clippers in the next meeting?

MAxEric
11-13-2016, 03:06 AM
Clippers is the hottest team right now! Beat the wolves, thunders, Spurs in large margin
what is the best lineup when facing them?
BG is unstoppable when facing us, his mid-range is better than LA(Fuck you, too soft)
CP3 is fooling Gasol in the last match up...i think Pop should use more David Lee...more mobile

JJ and Luc Dirk Moute always hitting 3 when facing us!!
i think less Kyle Anderson is much better, this guy always being passive, give up open shots and just create turnover!!

and the juice didn't have stable performance since the Warrior game...
we need his aggressiveness!! Can't rely on Manu every time ...

What do u think~

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 03:13 AM
Softridge abusing Blake is the only path to victory, Doc isn't going to let Kawhi beat him.

apalisoc_9
11-13-2016, 03:18 AM
We need Dedmon playing more minutes in this matchup. Gasol is going to get abused everytime they run the 45 set. He can't stop a lob and he wont be able to bother paul...But Will POP get Over Dedmons Tweets?...

More Mills in this matchup too...Kawhi's scoring should come off pin downs etc..not Post ups. Mbah moute is turning into a above awesome defender that wieghs lile 250lbs but with speed...

More Dedmon...

GSH
11-13-2016, 03:25 AM
Bruce Bowen under-cutting Cousins on a jump shot. But I think someone would notice.

Seriously, those two big beasts the Clippers have are a problem. We need Dedmon to be the guy he thinks he is, and earn those additional minutes. He's got the size and the kind of game/mentality to mix it up in the middle.

It would be nice if we had someone other than Kawhi who could force the zebras to blow a few whistles. It's always a good idea to go at a big guy and try to get him into foul trouble. Manu used to be a master at that. The way Simmons plays, he could learn how - but he's not that guy yet.

MAxEric
11-13-2016, 03:32 AM
Hope Simmons can learn the play from manu more, try to draw more fouls from the bigs, so as KL~
Need to send BG and Jordan to the bench earlier, LA should use fake to draw more fouls,

how about just let CP3 to beat us, and no escape for other guys, I know it is not easy, but it is the most effective way to beat them, u can't let JJ and Jamal Jordan Crawford to beat us!!

and who"s the best guy to guard CP3? TP? Green? KL?

r0drig0lac
11-13-2016, 04:43 AM
get Steve Adams

Seriously, Deandre is very underrated, the guy is a damn monster, if the Spurs do not have a real center it will be very difficult to stop the damn lobs and offensive rebounds

Raven
11-13-2016, 05:41 AM
there's actually not much to gameplan here, we are quite similar with the big frontcourt

NameLess Scrub
11-13-2016, 07:23 AM
Ban Mbah a moute and other overperforming scrubs from the game.

MVPCues
11-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Adjustments? Away game December 22. Pop rests a player and another player has a sore toe. Crazy rotations. Lose by 14 and fall to 20 - 9.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-14-2016, 02:15 AM
Spurs matchup far too poorly to beat the Clippers in a series. Spurs have never been able to slow down CP3 or Blake after 2012 whereas Kawhi really struggles against the Clippers.

Spurs need to avoid the Clippers more than any other team out West.

Proxy
11-14-2016, 03:04 AM
There's always a hot team to start every season. Figure we'd wait a while as fans before we hit the panic button. Lets wait for the newbies to get more acclimated, for the team to be completely healthy, and you know.... to just play a better game and want it at the same level.

Robz4000
11-14-2016, 03:04 AM
Bring lube.

look_at_g_shred
11-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Bruce Bowen under-cutting Cousins on a jump shot. But I think someone would notice.

Seriously, those two big beasts the Clippers have are a problem. We need Dedmon to be the guy he thinks he is, and earn those additional minutes. He's got the size and the kind of game/mentality to mix it up in the middle.

It would be nice if we had someone other than Kawhi who could force the zebras to blow a few whistles. It's always a good idea to go at a big guy and try to get him into foul trouble. Manu used to be a master at that. The way Simmons plays, he could learn how - but he's not that guy yet.
What?

DAF86
11-14-2016, 01:52 PM
Danny on Paul is a good start.

bklynspursfan
11-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Danny on Paul is a good start.

Yea, him not playing kinda hurt for sure.

I've been impressed with how the Spurs have bounced back after losses. In Utah, then in Houston, they seemed much more focused and wanted to redeem themselves. With those 2 games it happened like the same week, so hopefully next month they keep that Clippers blowout in mind.

Chinook
11-14-2016, 02:07 PM
Spurs just need to man up. That's going to be the answer to every match-up question. When you have two of the five best perimeter defenders and three All-Stars in your front court, you have a chance against anybody. But LMA is going to have to be a factor on offense, and Gasol is going to have to try on defense.

It's like Toph said in that one episode of The Last Airbender: For some things, there isn't a strategy or angle to get past it. You just have to actually hit it head on and shove it out of the way. If the Spurs want to be a great team, they have to play like a great team. If they play like a great team, they're going to get past them. No need to overthink it.

T Park
11-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Danny Green and Blake Griffin not making literally every single jump shot helps.

YGWHI
11-15-2016, 01:05 AM
Mbah moute is turning into a above awesome defender that wieghs lile 250lbs but with speed...

This is very scary, the Clips have now an elite wing defender, who is #1 in Def Rtg.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIJDfYUoAAXdIz.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxGrJnqUkAAbwyS.jpg

Amuseddaysleeper
11-15-2016, 01:11 AM
Danny Green and Blake Griffin not making literally every single jump shot helps.

I'd be okay with Danny Green making every single jumpshot. Hell, I'd even be happy with 75%.

apalisoc_9
11-15-2016, 01:19 AM
Mbah Moute is making his shots...

That really has allowed the clippers to play him more minutes..crazy.

james evans
11-15-2016, 01:22 AM
Not letting Blake Griffin have 26 point 1st halves is a start

timtonymanu
11-15-2016, 01:44 AM
Clippers look scarier than the Warriors right now. It's still early, but they match up pretty well with the West teams.

raybies
11-15-2016, 04:33 AM
Clippers look scarier than the Warriors right now. It's still early, but they match up pretty well with the West teams.

Yeah might just be their year. They have continuity in their side and they upgraded their bench and to top it off they have nothing to lose. At least on the players, cause it could all blow up after this. In other words, give it our best shot and if that doesn't work we can move on.

skin27
11-15-2016, 04:40 AM
Hit our shots!!! That's the only way..

playbonner15
11-15-2016, 06:13 AM
Bend over and take it

Russ
11-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Pressure the ball at the beginning of possessions for a start.

NameLess Scrub
11-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Spurs just need to man up. That's going to be the answer to every match-up question. When you have two of the five best perimeter defenders and three All-Stars in your front court, you have a chance against anybody. But LMA is going to have to be a factor on offense, and Gasol is going to have to try on defense.

It's like Toph said in that one episode of The Last Airbender: For some things, there isn't a strategy or angle to get past it. You just have to actually hit it head on and shove it out of the way. If the Spurs want to be a great team, they have to play like a great team. If they play like a great team, they're going to get past them. No need to overthink it.

Nice pep talk. Toph reference and all. The geek in me is happy :lol

Please find a way to take it to the locker room, specially for Aldridge.
He might actually drop whatever whataburger item he's having and play how he's capable of.

gambit1990
11-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Bring lube.
:lol

GSH
11-15-2016, 12:42 PM
What?

Oh, fuck, I said Cousins? LOL... was that the Crown Royal night? Maybe I was channeling Dice Clay - "DeAndre, DeMarcus... what's the fucking difference?"

Seriously, with them having both Griffin and Jordan, and the Spurs not having Timmy in the middle anymore? It would be really difficult to get past them in a 7-game series. On any given night, some guys might "man up", or shoot lights-out, and the Spurs could win. But over 7 games? Really, really difficult.

There's always the possibility of one of those guys getting injured. I was laughing about sneaking Bowen in for an ankle-breaker, because that might be the Spurs' best "adjustment". We used to have guys who could go at bigs like that and suck out some fouls. But not so much these days.

gambit1990
11-15-2016, 03:23 PM
Spurs just need to man up.
:lol

11-15-2016, 03:23 PM
Tell Manu to start texting Tiago and see if he wants to come back next year.

Splitter will be 32 but has been perennially injured since he left and practically rested the last year so he'll be ready to go.

gambit1990
11-15-2016, 03:31 PM
i floated this idea recently:
https://s21.postimg.org/py80ro507/Screen_Shot_2016_11_11_at_3_48_41_PM.png

having wall would mean cp3 would have to work on defense. cp3 can probably hop on one foot and still be capable of guarding parker at this point.

also, you can think of gortat as splitter 2.0.

only caveats are that i haven't seen gortat play lately... and maybe you can get more for la?

with that trade you get upgrades the team could use: at pg and defense.