PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Paul George is "fed up"..:wow

spursistan
11-13-2016, 01:07 PM

“We’re all out of whack. There’s no trust, there’s no chemistry, there’s no belief. We’re just kind of lifeless right now.” :wow

This nigga will probably want out by the end of this season..He doesn't seem too happy playing next to ballhogs like Ellis/Teague ...

if you are the Lakers, I'm selling the farm for him, tbh (everyone but MVPou should be available. D'Bust should be first in the package)..But knowing Bird, it is likely he will gift-wrap him to Danny Ainge..

Thread
11-13-2016, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't give him a dime. He's a loser.

Let somebody else buy it.

Killakobe81
11-13-2016, 01:09 PM
:wow

This nigga will probably want out by the end of this season..He doesn't seem too happy playing next to ballhogs like Ellis/Teague ...

if you are the Lakers, I'm selling the farm for him, tbh (everyone but MVPou should be available. D'Bust should be first in the package)..But knowing Bird, it is likely he will gift-wrap him to Danny Ainge..

What a dumb post I want George ...but I wouldn't include Russ first ...but I wouldn't let him stop a deal either

spursistan
11-13-2016, 01:15 PM
What a dumb post I want George ...but I wouldn't include Russ first ...but I wouldn't let him stop a deal either

You guys desperately need a star..You are going to let go of some assets (picks, youngs players) to get that..Are you seriously thinking you can acquire someone of that caliber with Deng, Mozgov types? :lol

Spurtacular
11-13-2016, 01:16 PM
But knowing Bird, it is likely he will gift-wrap him to Danny Ainge..

Why knowing Bird? You must not be very aware of the history. Bird was pissed when the C's offered him some BS job and didn't fast track him to GM after his retirement. When he coached for Indy (b/c he wasn't in a cushy Celtics job), he said that he always tried to crush the Celtics whenever they played them, and he usually did. And as for the Ainge part of the equation, Ainge is the one who had promoted trading Bird away while he was still there. I don't think he seriously thought the C's would do it, and he was sort of just spit balling. But basically, Ainge is the person Bird was the least in with of that championship core; and it didn't help that Ainge shot the C's out of the 85 Finals.

Now, the C's have different ownership, and for all I know Bird has softened on the C's and Ainge; but there's really no indication that he favors either of them all the same.

Thread
11-13-2016, 01:20 PM
You guys desperately need a star..You are going to let go of some assets (picks, youngs players) to get that..Are you seriously thinking you can acquire someone of that caliber with Deng, Mozgov types? :lol

Nonsense, stan. We need quality, NBA quality basketball players. We've not nearly enough.

spursistan
11-13-2016, 01:31 PM
I have a prediction: one or two of PG13/Butler/Boogie will be wearing a different uniform after this season..

Chris
11-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Looks like George Hill was the glue.

Dancelot
11-13-2016, 01:53 PM
Trade him BACK to the Spurs. Do it Mitch

Trainwreck2100
11-13-2016, 01:59 PM
he has no allegiance to nate mcmillan

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 02:26 PM

The Pacers should trade him to the Celtics & build around Turner.

BD24
11-13-2016, 02:39 PM

Hes a loser, but your hero westbrook is a "winner"
Got it

Thread
11-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Hes a loser, but your hero westbrook is a "winner"
Got it

Be an asshole, Moose.

TrainOfThought5
11-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Spurs should have never traded him in the first place.

BD24
11-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Be an asshole, Moose.
nuh uh, Daddy.
You aren't getting away with this

Thread
11-13-2016, 02:43 PM
nuh uh, Daddy.
You aren't getting away with this

Getting away with what?

BD24
11-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Getting away with what?
Calling Westbrook a winner and then calling George who is of the same mold a loser...not on my watch.

Thread
11-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Calling Westbrook a winner and then calling George who is of the same mold a loser...not on my watch.

Fine. Have it your way.

DAF86
11-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Aldridge and whatever the Pacers want to make it happen (outside of Kawhi and Green) for George.

Mills, Green, Kawhi, George, Dedmon. :lobt:

baseline bum
11-13-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm with cubby man, Paul George ain't that good.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 03:32 PM
Aldridge and whatever the Pacers want to make it happen (outside of Kawhi and Green) for George.

Make no sense for them to trade for Softridge when they have a better version of him in Turner.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 03:37 PM
I'm with cubby man, Paul George ain't that good.

Paul George & Jimmy Butler are closer to achieving 50/40/90 than Kawhi.:wakeup

spursistan
11-13-2016, 03:40 PM
The Pacers should trade him to the Celtics & build around Turner.

Apparently Ainge has put "untouchable" status on Jae Crowder in trade talks-- which is pathetic if they are shooting for a top 10-15 player..he is a nice underrated young wing on a highway robbery contract, but he isn't and won't likely be in PG/Butler league..Celtics window to make a run at the Finals is these 2-3 years while the East has no other legit contenders outside CLE...Lebron is out of his prime and at one point he will stop making Finals for one reason or another..

DMC
11-13-2016, 03:50 PM

He recanted already on Russ.

DMC
11-13-2016, 03:51 PM
Too many judge a player by standards that they can't possibly compare with, like jordan or lebron. Paul would be fine on a team with quality players. The problem is there are so many shitty teams that even a 2nd tier player can get 1st tier money, then they begin to believe they are 1st tier players and cannot then be acquired for an affordable rate relative to their contributions.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Too many judge a player by standards that they can't possibly compare with, like jordan or lebron. Paul would be fine on a team with quality players. The problem is there are so many shitty teams that even a 2nd tier player can get 1st tier money, then they begin to believe they are 1st tier players and cannot then be acquired for an affordable rate relative to their contributions.

If I'm the Warriors, I would be offering up Klay/Iggy & offer to swap them for PG/Monta.:wow

PG can do everything BOTH Klay/Iggy bring to the table & Monta would give them a version of Barbosa on steroids. They could probably get Levoy Allen to help shore up the frontline.

DMC
11-13-2016, 05:32 PM
If I'm the Warriors, I would be offering up Klay/Iggy & offer to swap them for PG/Monta.:wow

PG can do everything BOTH Klay/Iggy bring to the table & Monta would give them a version of Barbosa on steroids. They could probably get Levoy Allen to help shore up the frontline.

Warriors worked hard enough to dump Monta Ellis. He's the last thing they need. Also, Paul isn't nearly the shooter Klay is, and they have enough ball dominant players already.

Robz4000
11-13-2016, 06:39 PM

That would do nothing to improve either team tbh.

HarlemHeat37
11-13-2016, 06:43 PM
I'm not a fan of his soft, cuckold style of basketball, but can't blame him here, tbh..

An NBA team hiring Nate McMillan in 2016 is fucking pathetic, as I said during the off-season..it's worse than hiring Byron Scott, considering the Lakers weren't actually trying to win games:lol..these coaches belong in the 90s/2000s..

The real blame goes to Larry Bird, but as I've been saying for years, nobody will dare blame him, despite being one of the worst GMs in basketball..the great white hope, the Peyton Manning of the NBA..

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 08:02 PM
That would do nothing to improve either team tbh.

Have you seen Iggy lately?:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Warriors worked hard enough to dump Monta Ellis.

You mean the same team that's flirting with starting Javale?:lol

Also, Paul isn't nearly the shooter Klay

Paul George is shooting 43% from 3 & he isn't getting practice 3s like Klay.

they have enough ball dominant players already.

I'm pretty sure they would prefer a one dimensional player like Klay & PG can't shoot better than Iggy::lol

1dAtigJi3Ts

Robz4000
11-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Have you seen Iggy lately?:lol

Iggy has fallen off, but adding a cancer in Monta Eliis (whom they already jettisoned) would be subtraction by addition, and PG would be redundant with Curry/KD already there. As for the Pacers, there's no way Klay Thompson would be an offensive force on that roster without someone to take all the pressure off him/create open looks for him.

DAF86
11-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Make no sense for them to trade for Softridge when they have a better version of him in Turner.:wakeup

Turner is the center, Aldridge would be the PF. Aldridge is an all-star on his prime, I don't know what else could the Pacers get from a discouraged George.

spurtech09
11-13-2016, 08:19 PM
Would love Paul on the Spurs......

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 08:19 PM
Turner is the center, Aldridge would be the PF. Aldridge is an all-star on his prime, I don't know what else could the Pacers get from a discouraged George.

Aldridge is a SOFT center who prefers to play the 4. Dude can't swim w/ the shark on the perimeter. Besides, Turner is 10 years younger so their timeline is way off unlike Klay. Softridge only makes sense for a team that's trying to contend such as the Celtics & Raptors.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 08:21 PM
Iggy has fallen off, but adding a cancer in Monta Eliis (whom they already jettisoned) would be subtraction by addition.

They traded Monta b/c they had Curry/Klay & needed a center which is how they acquired Bogut.:wakeup

Monta in 2011 would have had an issue coming off the bench but Monta in 2016 is coming off the bench for a shitty team like the Pacers.:lol

DAF86
11-13-2016, 08:22 PM

Let me get this straight. You diss my Aldridge trade but propose this abortion of a trade in which the Pacers would get an infinitely lesser version of PG in Klay? :lol

At least Aldridge plays a different position, offers them a style change to shake thing up and has proven himself as a number one option on a playoffs team, which is where the Pacers want to get.

Robz4000
11-13-2016, 08:24 PM
They traded Monta b/c they had Curry/Klay & needed a center which is how they acquired Bogut.

And now they wouldn't reacquire him because he plays the exact opposite style that they do while not filling any sort of position of need. Now if the Dubs were getting Myles Turner or some other athletic big that'd be a different story, but I don't think the Dubs would be willing to part with Raymond to acquire him.

DAF86
11-13-2016, 08:26 PM
Aldridge is a SOFT center who prefers to play the 4. Dude can't swim w/ the shark on the perimeter. Besides, Turner is 10 years younger so their timeline is way off unlike Klay. Softridge only makes sense for a team that's trying to contend such as the Celtics & Raptors.

:lol Pacers see themselves as a contender in the East, tbh. Hence all the PG whinning.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 08:38 PM
:lol Pacers see themselves as a contender in the East, tbh. Hence all the PG whinning.

I think they are resigned to the fact that they are not which is why he's trying to get out.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 08:51 PM
And now they wouldn't reacquire him because he plays the exact opposite style that they do while not filling any sort of position of need. Now if the Dubs were getting Myles Turner or some other athletic big that'd be a different story, but I don't think the Dubs would be willing to part with Raymond to acquire him.

Their goal is to beat Cleveland & considering how Iggy is looking they really have no one to guard him besides Dominos who would risking getting worn out or picking up fouls. Paul George has as much experience as anyone guarding LeBron in the playoffs so they could just have him play the Iggy role while Dominos/Wardell do most of the heavylifting on offense. Paul George is also a very good rebounder so he would help them out in that department.

Monta should be fine on defense since Livingston can take on the bigger guard, they also have McCaw who can do some things in the open court like Iggy.

On the other end, JR Smith would have to guard PG. Klay got cucked by JR in back-to-back Gm 7s but I don't see that happening to PG.

http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/17043702/resize-1.png

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2016, 08:52 PM

this fkn clown is so overrated man, fkn dribbles down the court and pulls up for a jumpshot for most of the pacers possession...yeh makes highlight plays, but all are empty stats....

has this clown ever won any meaningful h2h games or have any h2h records against other elite players? playing in the pathetic easts with no challenge to lebron, the pr machine markets scrubs as elite players, what a fkn joke the league has become

Robz4000
11-13-2016, 09:36 PM
Their goal is to beat Cleveland & considering how Iggy is looking they really have no one to guard him besides Dominos who would risking getting worn out or picking up fouls. Paul George has as much experience as anyone guarding LeBron in the playoffs so they could just have him play the Iggy role while Dominos/Wardell do most of the heavylifting on offense. Paul George is also a very good rebounder so he would help them out in that department.

Monta should be fine on defense since Livingston can take on the bigger guard, they also have McCaw who can do some things in the open court like Iggy.

On the other end, JR Smith would have to guard PG. Klay got cucked by JR in back-to-back Gm 7s but I don't see that happening to PG.

http://dsz7vodgjx60a.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/17043702/resize-1.png

They have to worry about getting by the Clippers and maybe the Spurs first. Paul George doesn't help them protect the rim or improve their rebounding with the subtraction of Thompson. Both PG and Ellis would take away shots from Curry/Dominos more than Thompson does as well, and in Ellis' case he contributes nothing on the other end. That doesn't even go into hiw much of a downgrade that'd be for the Pacers as well; I just don't see a case where an Iggy/Klay swap for PG/Ellis helps either team.

Kawhitstorm
11-13-2016, 10:05 PM
They have to worry about getting by the Clippers and maybe the Spurs first. Paul George doesn't help them protect the rim or improve their rebounding with the subtraction of Thompson. Both PG and Ellis would take away shots from Curry/Dominos more than Thompson does as well, and in Ellis' case he contributes nothing on the other end. That doesn't even go into hiw much of a downgrade that'd be for the Pacers as well; I just don't see a case where an Iggy/Klay swap for PG/Ellis helps either team.

Klay is the second coming of Reggie Miller, they would love him in Indiana.:lol As far as Paul George, he would cuck ReDick/JR Smith unlike Klay & would also be useful against Kawhi. Dominos already had success playing w/ two ball dominated players: WestBrick/HarDone.

Besides, last I checked Barbosa was their best bench player in the Finals while essentially playing a poor-man's Monta Ellis role.:lol

Spurtacular
11-13-2016, 11:56 PM
PG mad that his shots, points are down when he was hoping for MVP stats. Never mind that his FG% is at an all-time high.

cutewizard
11-14-2016, 03:47 AM
Kawhi and PG could be gorgeous together, hahahaha

RD2191
11-14-2016, 09:02 AM
If PG was as good as he thinks he is he'd be in the ecf every season.

Molotov
11-14-2016, 09:34 PM

This nig is as salty as it gets...meltdown!!

spursistan
02-17-2017, 05:35 PM

He.Is.Gone

I am packaging his ass to Boston for the two Nets picks/Jaylen Brown before the deadline if I were the Pacers..

lefty
02-17-2017, 05:56 PM
:lol pussy

Mikeanaro
02-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Remember when they were saying PG was better than Kiwi?

Robz4000
02-17-2017, 07:16 PM

He.Is.Gone

I am packaging his ass to Boston for the two Nets picks/Jaylen Brown before the deadline if I were the Pacers..

Boston would never do that tbh. You're talking about potentially two #1 picks and another top 5 pick for a player that really hasn't been a top 20 player in three years.

StrengthAndHonor
02-17-2017, 07:24 PM

He.Is.Gone

You never trade a franchise player in the same conference but, Larry Bird and Danny Ainge? Yeah, it's almost a guarantee George will be a Celtic.

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm not a fan of his soft, cuckold style of basketball, but can't blame him here, tbh..

An NBA team hiring Nate McMillan in 2016 is fucking pathetic, as I said during the off-season..it's worse than hiring Byron Scott, considering the Lakers weren't actually trying to win games:lol..these coaches belong in the 90s/2000s..

The real blame goes to Larry Bird, but as I've been saying for years, nobody will dare blame him, despite being one of the worst GMs in basketball..the great white hope, the Peyton Manning of the NBA..

Worst GM in the NBA, tbh..nobody will say a word, though:lol

poeticism707
02-17-2017, 07:56 PM
Remember when they were saying PG was better than Kiwi?

:rollin :rollin :rollin

JMarkJohns
02-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Why in the hell would the Celtics give up the Nets pick?

Not this year. Fuck that shit.

Brown, Smart, Celtics 2017, Nets future.

lefty
02-17-2017, 09:10 PM
:lol today's NBA players
:lol blaming their GMs and coaches

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2017, 09:12 PM
:lol today's NBA players
:lol blaming their GMs and coaches

:lol I hope you're playing, tbh..

ECOV
02-17-2017, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujCJo_6lP9w

Skip to : 5:54
Looks like Kawhi is doing the "call me" or "i will call you " gesture with his hand.

kawhi recruiting :wow.

SpursIndonesia
02-18-2017, 12:45 AM
Boston would never do that tbh. You're talking about potentially two #1 picks and another top 5 pick for a player that really hasn't been a top 20 player in three years.

One of the Nets pick + Brown for George + non lottery 1st # pick or a high 2nd # one will do.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Bullshit! Just like Cousins he's not leaving that $200mil contract on the table by requesting a trade a year and a bit before he can sign it.

spursistan
02-18-2017, 08:28 AM

DMC
02-18-2017, 10:23 AM
You don't commit if you are in negotiations. Come on hourly employees, get with it.

spursistan
02-22-2017, 01:28 PM

I think he told them; he's gone..

apalisoc_9
02-22-2017, 01:50 PM

I think he told them; he's gone..

Yup....Probably goes to Boston...

whitemamba
02-22-2017, 03:50 PM
Yup....Probably goes to Boston...
Nah i don't think so tbh, he either stays or heads out west.

Spurs9
02-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Going to LA

StrengthAndHonor
02-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Nah i don't think so tbh, he either stays or heads out west.

I think he stays with the Pacers this season as well. It's best to wait before the draft and see what type of package they can build around Turner.

I can actually see the Lakers as the likely destination, but that's assuming they keep their Top 3 pick.

whitemamba
02-22-2017, 04:31 PM
I think he stays with the Pacers this season as well. It's best to wait before the draft and see what type of package they can build around Turner.

I can actually see the Lakers as the likely destination, but that's assuming they keep their Top 3 pick.
Initially that's what I was thinking as well, but I think the pacers think he's going to LA in 2018. If they are thinking that PG will be a laker before the deadline. Idk what they will offer , the only play now is trading houstons pick and Clarkson/randle package or something of that nature.I'm really not sure. Our future picks are an absolute mess though.

ambchang
02-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Initially that's what I was thinking as well, but I think the pacers think he's going to LA in 2018. If they are thinking that PG will be a laker before the deadline. Idk what they will offer , the only play now is trading houstons pick and Clarkson/randle package or something of that nature.I'm really not sure. Our future picks are an absolute mess though.

Let's hope for your sake the pacers insist on having Ingram.

Thread
02-22-2017, 07:48 PM
Going to LA

& supposedly hell bent.

He's piss pot. No thanks.

whitemamba
02-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Let's hope for your sake the pacers insist on having Ingram.
Not sold on Ingram are we ? I think we should cut him some slack , he's a kid still , I think he's averaging like 7 shots a game, it's a bit premature to judge his potential. I still wouldn't mind flipping him now for PG if I'm honest.

ambchang
02-23-2017, 09:20 AM
Not sold on Ingram are we ? I think we should cut him some slack , he's a kid still , I think he's averaging like 7 shots a game, it's a bit premature to judge his potential. I still wouldn't mind flipping him now for PG if I'm honest.

Ingram for Cousins or Ingram for George is a no brainer. Those two, from a game impact perspective, is pretty much the ceiling of what most #2 picks will be, and you got a ready made product right now.

Not sure if Ingram will ever turn out into a Durant or Curry type impact player, or even a Lebron type, but it's not really likely going to happen. But even if Ingram does have the potential, the Lakers have shown time and time again that they do not have the talent development necessary to push the young players into superstars. When's the last time that the Lakers developed a homegrown superstar? It was Kobe in the early 00s, and most of the people in that regime is gone.

Besides, I can't recall any player who sucked royal as a rookie and developed into a superstar (at least George or Cousins level) since Gary Payton. George and Kawhi has always had potential, same with Jermaine O'Neal. They never really sucked per se. Ingram just sucked so far.

TDMVPDPOY
02-23-2017, 09:50 AM
this clown has alot of package man, isn't he the wanker responsible for the breakup of the pacers team that looked like to be giving lebron some competition out easts...

then again this clown always posts up empty h2h stats against top perimeter players anyway

hence, why would u give out 200m contract to this clown when his struggling to get his team a playoff spot?

Killakobe81
02-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Ingram for Cousins or Ingram for George is a no brainer. Those two, from a game impact perspective, is pretty much the ceiling of what most #2 picks will be, and you got a ready made product right now.

Not sure if Ingram will ever turn out into a Durant or Curry type impact player, or even a Lebron type, but it's not really likely going to happen. But even if Ingram does have the potential, the Lakers have shown time and time again that they do not have the talent development necessary to push the young players into superstars. When's the last time that the Lakers developed a homegrown superstar? It was Kobe in the early 00s, and most of the people in that regime is gone.

Besides, I can't recall any player who sucked royal as a rookie and developed into a superstar (at least George or Cousins level) since Gary Payton. George and Kawhi has always had potential, same with Jermaine O'Neal. They never really sucked per se. Ingram just sucked so far.

Your post makes sense if you don't support the tank. But if your argument is that Lakers cannot develop talent what is to stop Cousins for doing the same thing Dwight did? Why would,he want to play with undeveloped talent? Cousins was in a bad situation but all I heard when some Laker fans were do it Mitch because his numbers were empty calories ...we don't and know we are missing out on a combo of mvpau and Rasheed Wallace.
Lakers need to taaaaaank. And pray we keep our pick. Then also need to pray one of the last 3 top picks has a breakout next year and they hit a homer with this year's pick...that would benefit Lakers more than Cousins would right now because they also keep 2019.

And not developing young players was the old way ...if they are moving to the future analytics and developing talent is a must. Besides what does it matter about Lakers past if they purged the leadership? We can only judge the new regime moving forward.

ambchang
02-23-2017, 11:55 AM
Your post makes sense if you don't support the tank. But if your argument is that Lakers cannot develop talent what is to stop Cousins for doing the same thing Dwight did? Why would,he want to play with undeveloped talent? Cousins was in a bad situation but all I heard when some Laker fans were do it Mitch because his numbers were empty calories ...we don't and know we are missing out on a combo of mvpau and Rasheed Wallace.
Lakers need to taaaaaank. And pray we keep our pick. Then also need to pray one of the last 3 top picks has a breakout next year and they hit a homer with this year's pick...that would benefit Lakers more than Cousins would right now because they also keep 2019.

And not developing young players was the old way ...if they are moving to the future analytics and developing talent is a must. Besides what does it matter about Lakers past if they purged the leadership? We can only judge the new regime moving forward.

You hit the nail right on the head, Lakers have to look into player development first and foremost, but they seems to be all of a sudden clueless in how to do that. The new way seems to be sign big name, give empty promises, bilk the fans out of money, repeat. Drafting is horrible, team development is horrible, player development is horrible, scouting is horrible, FA signing is horrible. There just isn't much of a direction for the entire franchise, and the focus appears to be more and more around milking this cow dry rather than putting a good product for the fan. The approach is very short sighted, and seems to be getting as much as possible out of good will and the brand from previous success, rather than looking forward and making things better and putting out a good winning team. It explains 48.5, Byron Scott, Magic, Dwight (the new Shaq), it's about selling nostalgia than anything else.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-23-2017, 12:08 PM
why not to the CLippers for Griffiths?

Killakobe81
02-23-2017, 12:13 PM
You hit the nail right on the head, Lakers have to look into player development first and foremost, but they seems to be all of a sudden clueless in how to do that. The new way seems to be sign big name, give empty promises, bilk the fans out of money, repeat. Drafting is horrible, team development is horrible, player development is horrible, scouting is horrible, FA signing is horrible. There just isn't much of a direction for the entire franchise, and the focus appears to be more and more around milking this cow dry rather than putting a good product for the fan. The approach is very short sighted, and seems to be getting as much as possible out of good will and the brand from previous success, rather than looking forward and making things better and putting out a good winning team. It explains 48.5, Byron Scott, Magic, Dwight (the new Shaq), it's about selling nostalgia than anything else.

Lakers have drafted okay when they have drafted ...
Beverly, Nance, clarkson, Marc gasol, were solid picks,late most don't develop here, unfortunately.
All the the stuff you said cost Mitch and Jim...let's see what new regime can do. If the stuff you said didn't have some truth we wouldn't be here. But willing to give Pelinka, Luke and magic 4 years to turn it around ...clock started on Tuesday.

ambchang
02-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Lakers have drafted okay when they have drafted ...
Beverly, Nance, clarkson, Marc gasol, were solid picks,late most don't develop here, unfortunately.
All the the stuff you said cost Mitch and Jim...let's see what new regime can do. If the stuff you said didn't have some truth we wouldn't be here. But willing to give Pelinka, Luke and magic 4 years to turn it around ...clock started on Tuesday.

I thought Gasol was drafted by the Grizzlies essentially, and Lakers just picked whoever Grizzlies wanted, but not sure about that. And same situation for Patrick Beverly but with Houston instead.

Nance is a rotational player, so is Clarkson, and those are late draft picks where you are not expecting much, but when it comes time to pick a superstar type player, Lakers faltered. Russell instead of Kristaps (hindsight for sure, but Russell never really deserved the #2 spot) Booker, Turner or even Okafor, Randle instead of Payton, Lavine, Saric (none are special but Randle is very limited). Ingram looks like a horrible pick even thought it's too early to tell, but out of all the 2016 draftees (out of 44 players) who managed to play, Ingram is second last in VORP, 35th in WS/48, and 22nd in BPM. Anyway you put it, he is having a horrible rookie season.

As for Mitch, I always thought he was a victim of circumstances. If it wasn't for the retarded Buss kids, he'd have done much better.

Pelinka is a snake, Luke seems promising, and Magic (as much as I love him as a player) just doesn't seem to be GM material.

Killakobe81
02-23-2017, 03:25 PM
I thought Gasol was drafted by the Grizzlies essentially, and Lakers just picked whoever Grizzlies wanted, but not sure about that. And same situation for Patrick Beverly but with Houston instead.

Nance is a rotational player, so is Clarkson, and those are late draft picks where you are not expecting much, but when it comes time to pick a superstar type player, Lakers faltered. Russell instead of Kristaps (hindsight for sure, but Russell never really deserved the #2 spot) Booker, Turner or even Okafor, Randle instead of Payton, Lavine, Saric (none are special but Randle is very limited). Ingram looks like a horrible pick even thought it's too early to tell, but out of all the 2016 draftees (out of 44 players) who managed to play, Ingram is second last in VORP, 35th in WS/48, and 22nd in BPM. Anyway you put it, he is having a horrible rookie season.

As for Mitch, I always thought he was a victim of circumstances. If it wasn't for the retarded Buss kids, he'd have done much better.

Pelinka is a snake, Luke seems promising, and Magic (as much as I love him as a player) just doesn't seem to be GM material.

Oakafor is one of the worst defenders in the league ...Russ was rated by most just a few spots,below so dont see how that is bad drafting. They chose the third rated player over tge 2nd who is being shopped with no takers. You are wrong about marc but i dont recall pat beverly draft if that was predetermined. Lakers missing on porzy is just like people missing on Kiwi ....no one called that ...so dumb to use as an example. Booker is also horrid on defense but since he is a better shooter i agree that may have been a mistake but i dont think Russ and Randle are bad picks for sure yet... but we shall see. And as you said to early to tell on Ingram.

Magic is not the GM Pelinka is ..
Magic is in the Bird role ...

Raven
02-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Oakafor is one of the worst defenders in the league ...Russ was rated by most just a few spots,below so dont see how that is bad drafting. They chose the third rated player over tge 2nd who is being shopped with no takers. You are wrong about marc but i dont recall pat beverly draft if that was predetermined. Lakers missing on porzy is just like people missing on Kiwi ....no one called that ...so dumb to use as an example. Booker is also horrid on defense but since he is a better shooter i agree that may have been a mistake but i dont think Russ and Randle are bad picks for sure yet... but we shall see. And as you said to early to tell on Ingram.

hey hey, slow down... everyone called dbust and randle to be awful picks, and you guys passed on bigs because of the belief that one high level would be signed in free agency and wanted to bet on randle (for some lol reason). And yes many were extremely high on porzingis and laughed their ass off.

Killakobe81
02-23-2017, 04:02 PM
hey hey, slow down... everyone called dbust and randle to be awful picks, and you guys passed on bigs because of the belief that one high level would be signed in free agency and wanted to bet on randle (for some lol reason). And yes many were extremely high on porzingis and laughed their ass off.

Shut your pie hole Oakafor lover your choice was hardly any better. :lol

StrengthAndHonor
02-23-2017, 04:21 PM

Okafor's market is quite low. They can't even move him for pair of used underwear, tbh :lol

Raven
02-23-2017, 04:21 PM

how so? plus i traded up massively in all fantasy leagues to pick porzy so yeah, i'm still laughing about that :lol

Killakobe81
02-23-2017, 04:57 PM
how so? plus i traded up massively in all fantasy leagues to pick porzy so yeah, i'm still laughing about that :lol

Fantasy league talk?:lol
No one cares that is not in that league with you ...

Raven
02-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Fantasy league talk?:lol
No one cares that is not in that league with you ...

sure, i'm just saying the porzingis hype was real and warranted by his absurd measurables. you guys just didn't want to listen because you believed dbust could be the next steph curry and could sign a top big in free agency..

Killakobe81
02-23-2017, 07:21 PM
sure, i'm just saying the porzingis hype was real and warranted by his absurd measurables. you guys just didn't want to listen because you believed dbust could be the next steph curry and could sign a top big in free agency..
Yep it waa so real philly chose another center instead

ambchang
02-23-2017, 09:17 PM

You are making it sound like dbust is a decent defender or something like that. Dbust suck.

Oak isn't taken mostly because of his attitude but dsnitch is worse in that department.

Porzingis clearly had skills, the only concern was whether he could handle the bright lights of a city like New York or la and that he's likely a few years away from contributing. He handled both questions with a great first couple of years.

I find it at least amusing that you are pointing out the few flaws of the other players and say it as if those are incorrectable cardinal sins, where was those two horrible rookies on the lakers are a wait and see.

Ingram, the only reason he's not solidly on the bust list is because it's only feb. really, I can't recall any impact players in the history of the league having a worse rookie year than Ingram.

Magic getting a Kobe related person is a bad bad sign.

whitemamba
02-23-2017, 09:54 PM

I would of traded him for either no doubt, but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing him develop a bit. I would be surprised if he was near any of the players you mentioned, but you never know. He has some solid basic skill set , I just wish he tried harder , I went to a game recently and the dude looks like he doesn't give a shit on the court.Kobe is the only player , and he developed himself really.

Killakobe81
02-24-2017, 12:16 AM
You are making it sound like dbust is a decent defender or something like that. Dbust suck.

Oak isn't taken mostly because of his attitude but dsnitch is worse in that department.

Porzingis clearly had skills, the only concern was whether he could handle the bright lights of a city like New York or la and that he's likely a few years away from contributing. He handled both questions with a great first couple of years.

I find it at least amusing that you are pointing out the few flaws of the other players and say it as if those are incorrectable cardinal sins, where was those two horrible rookies on the lakers are a wait and see.

Ingram, the only reason he's not solidly on the bust list is because it's only feb. really, I can't recall any impact players in the history of the league having a worse rookie year than Ingram.

Magic getting a Kobe related person is a bad bad sign.

Amb when you post stuff like dbust suck ...its beneath you and makes it hard ro take the rest of your post seriously. How is that any better than Kool calling Duncan Tammy tits? You claim to disdain Kool yet instead of staying on message you resort to name calling. Just say he sucks and be done . Then you are overly fixated on Pelinkas relationship to Kobe. Oh and my wife was looking over my shoulder and asked ne how old you were:lol

I wont respond to the rest until you start conversating like an adult ...but Pelinka somehow helped a black man accused of raping a white woman ...marketable again ...to white people.
If that doesnt show you how smart and capable Rob is, not sure what else to tell you.

TDMVPDPOY
02-24-2017, 12:32 AM
lakers be stupid to trade their trash for pure shit

if pg was that good, ppl would be coming to play with him, but no...

him and snitch will be a good tandem

spursistan
02-24-2017, 01:46 AM

This nigga is as good as gone....I can't believe Bird is in this much denial..

lefty
02-24-2017, 08:33 AM
:cry poor baby
:cry today's NBA is so cruel

LittleCriminal
02-24-2017, 10:07 AM
PG is so fukkin stupid.
PG is frustrated about Indy not competing for a title but then,
PG wants to sign with the Lakers who are not competing for a title.. Lol
PG is an Idiot who Makes no sense.

ambchang
02-24-2017, 03:16 PM
I would of traded him for either no doubt, but at the same time I wouldn't mind seeing him develop a bit. I would be surprised if he was near any of the players you mentioned, but you never know. He has some solid basic skill set , I just wish he tried harder , I went to a game recently and the dude looks like he doesn't give a shit on the court.Kobe is the only player , and he developed himself really.

One thing that I will always give Kobe credit is his almost maniacal drive to be the best that he can be. I have my take that he did it for his own devices and not for the benefit of the team, but that isn't really a point that matters any anyone.

If Ingram doesn't care, then he's pretty much done. The NBA is a dog eat dog world, if you are not driving yourself to improve every day, you will be eaten alive.

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2017, 03:24 PM
PG is so fukkin stupid.
PG is frustrated about Indy not competing for a title but then,
PG wants to sign with the Lakers who are not competing for a title.. Lol
PG is an Idiot who Makes no sense.

If you were young and rich, you would rather play in Indiana?

ambchang
02-24-2017, 03:55 PM
Amb when you post stuff like dbust suck ...its beneath you and makes it hard ro take the rest of your post seriously. How is that any better than Kool calling Duncan Tammy tits? You claim to disdain Kool yet instead of staying on message you resort to name calling. Just say he sucks and be done . Then you are overly fixated on Pelinkas relationship to Kobe. Oh and my wife was looking over my shoulder and asked ne how old you were:lol

I wont respond to the rest until you start conversating like an adult ...but Pelinka somehow helped a black man accused of raping a white woman ...marketable again ...to white people.
If that doesnt show you how smart and capable Rob is, not sure what else to tell you.

I am not quite following you there. Calling a bust a bust is all of a sudden juvenile? He does suck, and you are getting all sensitive now?

Call Joe Barry Carroll, the kandi man, Stromile Swift, or Greg Oden busts isn't juvenile, it's a widely accepted view. It is about basketball in a basketball forum, and has absolutely nothing to do with name calling like Tammy tits.

D'bust is tied with #8 in VORP, #18 in BPM, #36 in WS/48, and #29 in WS in the 2015 draft class as a number two pick, despite ranking #4 in minutes. He is performing way below is draft position in every major advanced statistic, and by quite a margin, if that is not bust I am not sure what is.

Calling him d'snitch is accurate because that is what he was, he snitched. He caused the breakup of a teammate with his girlfriend because of his snitching, leading to a poisonous locker room environment that hung around for months.

How is that not conversating (and I think you meant by conversing) like an adult? Since when did you get that sensitive?

And tell your wife to back off from looking at your stuff, I thought a person as sensitive as you would take offense to somebody looking over your shoulder. Best for you to get a locked diary for your daily journals.

LittleCriminal
02-24-2017, 04:06 PM

Im simply stating the hypocrisy in PG comments..
As for ur question, its about whoever pays me the most.
I am not fascinated with LA LA Land.

whitemamba
02-24-2017, 05:00 PM
One thing that I will always give Kobe credit is his almost maniacal drive to be the best that he can be. I have my take that he did it for his own devices and not for the benefit of the team, but that isn't really a point that matters any anyone.

If Ingram doesn't care, then he's pretty much done. The NBA is a dog eat dog world, if you are not driving yourself to improve every day, you will be eaten alive.
It may have hurt the team sometimes, which is fine but long term it worked out imo. And Ingram , dude just looks straight baked. Like he's lost trying to find the nearest jack in the box.

StrengthAndHonor
02-24-2017, 05:04 PM
lakers be stupid to trade their trash for pure shit

if pg was that good, ppl would be coming to play with him, but no...

him and snitch will be a good tandem

He's not pure shit man.

Killakobe81
02-24-2017, 05:24 PM
I am not quite following you there. Calling a bust a bust is all of a sudden juvenile? He does suck, and you are getting all sensitive now?

Call Joe Barry Carroll, the kandi man, Stromile Swift, or Greg Oden busts isn't juvenile, it's a widely accepted view. It is about basketball in a basketball forum, and has absolutely nothing to do with name calling like Tammy tits.

D'bust is tied with #8 in VORP, #18 in BPM, #36 in WS/48, and #29 in WS in the 2015 draft class as a number two pick, despite ranking #4 in minutes. He is performing way below is draft position in every major advanced statistic, and by quite a margin, if that is not bust I am not sure what is.

Calling him d'snitch is accurate because that is what he was, he snitched. He caused the breakup of a teammate with his girlfriend because of his snitching, leading to a poisonous locker room environment that hung around for months.

How is that not conversating (and I think you meant by conversing) like an adult? Since when did you get that sensitive?

And tell your wife to back off from looking at your stuff, I thought a person as sensitive as you would take offense to somebody looking over your shoulder. Best for you to get a locked diary for your daily journals.

Come on man its not being sensitive just expected more from you I guess.I gave you some feedback you can take it or leave it. I dont name call when talking real hoops with someone ...if you are trolling that is fine ...but i thought between us we were above that. Look if you prefer to wallow there are plenty of others here to do that with ...and you are free to do whatever you please. For me i wont spend time debating you if that is the path you choose not just because its embarrasing for my wife to see you but its shame on me for going back and forth with someone using dbust and dsnitch as juvenile nicknames. You know i enjoy our banter but thats just silly. Any way God bless ya Amb. Do as you please.

And yes I meant conversating....dont try and graamar check my hood lingo .. Amb!:lol

ambchang
02-24-2017, 11:13 PM
Come on man its not being sensitive just expected more from you I guess.I gave you some feedback you can take it or leave it. I dont name call when talking real hoops with someone ...if you are trolling that is fine ...but i thought between us we were above that. Look if you prefer to wallow there are plenty of others here to do that with ...and you are free to do whatever you please. For me i wont spend time debating you if that is the path you choose not just because its embarrasing for my wife to see you but its shame on me for going back and forth with someone using dbust and dsnitch as juvenile nicknames. You know i enjoy our banter but thats just silly. Any way God bless ya Amb. Do as you please.

And yes I meant conversating....dont try and graamar check my hood lingo .. Amb!:lol

Calling a bust a bust and a snitch a snitch isn't name calling. Both were based on basketball impact.

And you call kawhi kiwi all the time. Give me a break. I have shown numbers that dbust underperformed relative to his draft class, significantly by some measures.

Killakobe81
02-24-2017, 11:22 PM
Calling a bust a bust and a snitch a snitch isn't name calling. Both were based on basketball impact.

And you call kawhi kiwi all the time. Give me a break. I have shown numbers that dbust underperformed relative to his draft class, significantly by some measures.

Kiwi is not name calling its short for his first name ...dont be obtuse. But like I said you have chosen your baser self. You made your point already no need to explain yourself...just dont bring childishness to our debates or i wont repond so dont waste your time, savvy?

ambchang
02-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Kiwi is not name calling its short for his first name ...dont be obtuse. But like I said you have chosen your baser self. You made your point already no need to explain yourself...just dont bring childishness to our debates or i wont repond so dont waste your time, savvy?

Since when is kiwi a short form? You are making shit up as you go. Kawhi is such an uncommon name that there's no short form. It's not like Robert or William.

And calling a bust a bust is a childish behaviour. Maybe you should get some tampons and stop being so sensitive.

StrengthAndHonor
02-25-2017, 02:43 PM
Maybe you should get some tampons and stop being so sensitive.

RobinLopez.Gif

BillMc
02-25-2017, 10:49 PM
why not to the CLippers for Griffiths?

Didn't PG impregnate some stripper while supposedly in an exclusive relationship with Doc's daughter? If I'm remembering that right, that move to LAC would be awkward....though bigger things have been overcome in the NBA. :lol

spursistan
02-26-2017, 12:13 AM
He's officially quit on the team...10 ppg/30% FG in last 3 games..ouch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YbwrJvdv0&feature=share

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2017, 01:52 AM
He's officially quit on the team...10 ppg/30% FG in last 3 games..ouch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81YbwrJvdv0&feature=share

not even his first ejection of the year.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2017, 01:53 AM
Didn't PG impregnate some stripper while supposedly in an exclusive relationship with Doc's daughter? If I'm remembering that right, that move to LAC would be awkward....though bigger things have been overcome in the NBA. :lol

Yep. A Heatles fan stripper in 2012 in Miami, no less. At least they have a daughter together, not a son, but still... Stockholm syndrome to say the least. But Doc is a weirdass that traded for his own son so it wouldn't be too bizarre I guess.

spursistan
02-28-2017, 01:08 PM

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2017, 12:07 AM
2marow his going to be kawhis bitch

DPG21920
03-01-2017, 12:18 AM

He's going to be young and rich regardless. Plenty of other places to play winning basketball. But this is a guy that probably cried when Kobe retired and probably praised Kobe's actual play during his retirement tour horrific season.

Sure, living in LA>INDY, but he's a loser talking about wanting to compete then he wants to play with LAL. I hope he goes to LA and gets exposed.

spursistan
06-18-2017, 03:00 PM

CROFL at Pacers for not trading him at the deadline....

DPG21920
06-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Ya - this was obvious.

Plenty of stars made a major name not in LA (Lebron, KD, Westbrook, Harden, etc..). He's enamoured with Kobe and LA and being a Kobe wannabe.

This has nothing to do with winning (which is fine) I just wish these dudes had the courage to tell the truth. Just say, LA is a very desirable place to live. I'm making money no matter what and there is no pressure to win in LA or INDY because they both suck so I chose a better place to live.

This guy thinks his FO is bad? What until "Michael Carter Williams is the next Kidd) Magic takes over

daslicer
06-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Ya - this was obvious.

Plenty of stars made a major name not in LA (Lebron, KD, Westbrook, Harden, etc..). He's enamoured with Kobe and LA and being a Kobe wannabe.

This has nothing to do with winning (which is fine) I just wish these dudes had the courage to tell the truth. Just say, LA is a very desirable place to live. I'm making money no matter what and there is no pressure to win in LA or INDY because they both suck so I chose a better place to live.

This guy thinks his FO is bad? What until "Michael Carter Williams is the next Kidd) Magic takes over

His situation reminds me of what Melo did when he forced the nuggets to trade him to NYC simply because he wanted to live there.

DPG21920
06-18-2017, 09:13 PM
His situation reminds me of what Melo did when he forced the nuggets to trade him to NYC simply because he wanted to live there.

Great analogy and may very well end up being PG's trajectory.

baseline bum
06-18-2017, 09:18 PM
His situation reminds me of what Melo did when he forced the nuggets to trade him to NYC simply because his fat wife wanted to live there.

fify

StrengthAndHonor
06-19-2017, 09:08 AM
You still believe this narrative?:lol

DPG21920
06-19-2017, 09:24 AM
You still believe this narrative?:lol

What narrative?

StrengthAndHonor
06-19-2017, 09:54 AM
What narrative?
That Magic is clueless and he's worse than Jim Buss.

DPG21920
06-19-2017, 10:10 AM

Worse? Not sure. Reason to believe he's better? No.

ambchang
06-19-2017, 11:03 AM

Just wondering, is "just as good as" or "better than" Jim Buss a compliment in Lakers-land now?

Also, not sure how Paul George will help the Lakers contend. With Paul George, you are talking about a 35 win team, and I am not sure who the other supposed star is supposed to be.

DPG21920
06-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Just wondering, is "just as good as" or "better than" Jim Buss a compliment in Lakers-land now?

Also, not sure how Paul George will help the Lakers contend. With Paul George, you are talking about a 35 win team, and I am not sure who the other supposed star is supposed to be.

Well, their young guys may develop and they add a top 2 pick. Plus other FA possibly coming. LA needs to be aggressive in trading for PG now.

You cannot risk, after how embarrassed they have been in FA, to lose PG after he publicly said he wants to come there. Plus, having Bird Rights vs using cap space is a MASSIVE deal.

I'd give up that 2nd pick.

Clipper Nation
06-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Magic is Doc 2.0 until proven otherwise.

ambchang
06-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Well, their young guys may develop and they add a top 2 pick. Plus other FA possibly coming. LA needs to be aggressive in trading for PG now.

You cannot risk, after how embarrassed they have been in FA, to lose PG after he publicly said he wants to come there. Plus, having Bird Rights vs using cap space is a MASSIVE deal.

I'd give up that 2nd pick.

Not denying that, but I am not sure why the Lakers fans are so excited. They may go from bottom to the 10th seed.

DPG21920
06-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Not denying that, but I am not sure why the Lakers fans are so excited. They may go from bottom to the 10th seed.

I agree. But it's better than near last and would represent a turn where players actually think LA is worth a damn which is a big deal. That's all LA really had before - lure the best FA. That disappeared and so did their playoff hopes for a long time. This could signal a change back in the right direction.

Fabbs
06-19-2017, 03:37 PM
Get an Aldridge type impact similarity from George?

Like on his own he is not going to do squat. Other then improve on the House That Kirby Built. Like you said sure the Lakers might jump up to 30 wins. A massive improvement over the Kirby era Lakers but sure as hell no contender.

Unless the Lackers get other top talent, Paul George is not the answer at all.

Killakobe81
06-19-2017, 08:01 PM

i am not ..he aint LeBron durant or even KL ...
he is not even as good as Russ Wall or Ant Davis ...
i would take him of course but he aint a true max player tbh ...high level allstar is his ceiling ....

ambchang
06-19-2017, 09:13 PM
i am not ..he aint LeBron durant or even KL ...
he is not even as good as Russ Wall or Ant Davis ...
i would take him of course but he aint a true max player tbh ...high level allstar is his ceiling ....

Top 15 type player. Not bad, but we are talking a peak ray Allen type impact if that. Does that mean the hibbert George duo will be back?