PDA

View Full Version : What So Many People Don’t Get About the U.S. Working Class

boutons_deux
11-13-2016, 10:24 PM
Manly dignity is a big deal for working-class men, and they’re not feeling that they have it. Trump promises a world free of political correctness and a return to an earlier era, when men were men and women knew their place. :lol wimmens ain't gonna like that AT ALL! :lol

It’s comfort food for high-school-educated guys who could have been my father-in-law if they’d been born 30 years earlier.

Today they feel like losers — or did until they met Trump. :lol

Manly dignity is a big deal for most men. So is breadwinner status: Many still measure masculinity by the size of a paycheck (http://www.pbs.org/kued/nosafeplace/interv/kimmel.html).

White working-class men’s wages hit the skids in the 1970s

( VRWC got going with it's War on Employees, War On Unions, taking America back for capitalists )

and took another body blow during the Great Recession. Look, I wish manliness worked differently. But most men, like most women, seek to fulfill the ideals they’ve grown up with.

For many blue-collar men, all they’re asking for is basic human dignity (male varietal). Trump promises to deliver it. :lol HE'S LYING! :lol

In the huge red plains between the thin blue coasts, shockingly high numbers of working-class men are unemployed or on disability, fueling a wave of despair deaths in the form of the opioid epidemic.
Vast rural areas are withering away, leaving trails of pain. When did you hear any American politician talk about that? Never.

( America has been urbanizing for 100+ years. That's unstoppable The kids are leaving rural areas as fast as they can. There's no fucking jobs, no money there. How fucking simple is that? )

At a deeper level, both parties need an economic program that can deliver middle-class jobs.

Republicans have one: Unleash American business.

( :lol What's been stopping American business? :lol )

Back when blue-collar voters used to be solidly Democratic (1930–1970), good jobs were at the core of the progressive agenda.

https://hbr.org/2016/11/what-so-many-people-dont-get-about-the-u-s-working-class

?( aka UNIONS! were the job and salary leaders. If (non-uninonized) companies wanted to hire good people, that had to match union salaries, benefits. VRWC killed unions, killed jobs that paid well. So fucking simple. Trash won't change any of that. He's already illegally trashing unions in his Las Vegas operations)

baseline bum
11-13-2016, 10:35 PM
cool story bro

rmt
11-14-2016, 02:54 AM
Manly dignity is a big deal for working-class men, and they’re not feeling that they have it. Trump promises a world free of political correctness and a return to an earlier era, when men were men and women knew their place. :lol wimmens ain't gonna like that AT ALL! :lol

It’s comfort food for high-school-educated guys who could have been my father-in-law if they’d been born 30 years earlier.

Today they feel like losers — or did until they met Trump. :lol

Manly dignity is a big deal for most men. So is breadwinner status: Many still measure masculinity by the size of a paycheck (http://www.pbs.org/kued/nosafeplace/interv/kimmel.html).

White working-class men’s wages hit the skids in the 1970s

( VRWC got going with it's War on Employees, War On Unions, taking America back for capitalists )

and took another body blow during the Great Recession. Look, I wish manliness worked differently. But most men, like most women, seek to fulfill the ideals they’ve grown up with.

For many blue-collar men, all they’re asking for is basic human dignity (male varietal). Trump promises to deliver it. :lol HE'S LYING! :lol

In the huge red plains between the thin blue coasts, shockingly high numbers of working-class men are unemployed or on disability, fueling a wave of despair deaths in the form of the opioid epidemic.
Vast rural areas are withering away, leaving trails of pain. When did you hear any American politician talk about that? Never.

( America has been urbanizing for 100+ years. That's unstoppable The kids are leaving rural areas as fast as they can. There's no fucking jobs, no money there. How fucking simple is that? )

At a deeper level, both parties need an economic program that can deliver middle-class jobs.

Republicans have one: Unleash American business.

( :lol What's been stopping American business? :lol )

Back when blue-collar voters used to be solidly Democratic (1930–1970), good jobs were at the core of the progressive agenda.

( aka UNIONS! were the job and salary leaders. If (non-uninonized) companies wanted to hire good people, that had to match union salaries, benefits. VRWC killed unions, killed jobs that paid well. So fucking simple. Trash won't change any of that. He's already illegally trashing unions in his Las Vegas operations)

https://hbr.org/2016/11/what-so-many-people-dont-get-about-the-u-s-working-class

Trump has never promised "a world free of political correctness." What exactly is wrong with men and women having different roles? A lot of the women I know would love to stay home and take care of their kids but can't because of finances. None of them are particularly career-minded (it's just a job) and are torn and guilt-ridden because they think they don't spend enough time with their kids.

Some of the blame for stopping American business is the rules, regulations and Obamacare. Business are reluctant to hire on more employees or switch from full to part time employees.

boutons_deux
11-14-2016, 08:01 AM
Trump has never promised "a world free of political correctness." What exactly is wrong with men and women having different roles? A lot of the women I know would love to stay home and take care of their kids but can't because of finances. None of them are particularly career-minded (it's just a job) and are torn and guilt-ridden because they think they don't spend enough time with their kids.

Some of the blame for stopping American business is the rules, regulations and Obamacare. Business are reluctant to hire on more employees or switch from full to part time employees.

Of course, you miss the point, which is Trash's "men" want women not in your "different roles" but in inferior roles.

Real household income has been effectively flat since VRWC Useful Idiot St Ronnie took office, and that was in spite of 10Ms of women entering the work force, not for "wimmens lib", but just to keep the household income standing still. The problem? the VRWC War on Employees and Unions to suppress all wages. aka, capital vs labor.

An ANCIENT goddam war that labor has been losing, being primarily the decades establishment Repugs who Trash is now hiring to keep warring relentlessly on Trash's voters.

=============

There Are 22 U.S. Cities Where Women Actually Earn More Than Men

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/07/cities-where-women-earn-more-than-men_n_7017628.html

===========

and here's how Real Men keep even better educated women in inferior financial roles

Women Are Now More Likely to Have College Degree Than Men

http://new.time.com/4064665/women-college-degree/

===========

and guess which party is blocking:

increasing Fed minimum wage?

blocking child care support?

blocking Fed sick and maternity leave?

Obama's raising the overtime threshold?

:lol

rmt
11-14-2016, 08:29 AM
and here's how Real Men keep even better educated women in inferior financial roles

Women Are Now More Likely to Have College Degree Than Men
http://new.time.com/4064665/women-college-degree/

Please explain where in that article "Men keep even better educated women in inferior financial roles"? It's about women being more likely to have a college degree than men.

skyhook
11-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Yes, Manly dignity is a big deal for most men. I'm not an American, and never been to USA before.I'm a neutral. Actually, spurs talk is my window to USA.When I read spurs talk's threads, I formed some notions of what the situations is like. But I don't know USA very well. So Trump is elected, and Hillary lost.She must be the most high-powered woman in america, and the people didn't put her in office, for some reasons. As I've said I don't know USA.The news articles in the internet didn't portrayed the whole picture.
USA is the most powerful country in the world. It is fighting wars in the middle-east. and it is taking in many immigrants and some refugees. When we read NBA news, there are always some african 7ft ballers in the NBA drafts. so it seems USA is always taking in immigrants. The immigration law is very liberal, in my opinion, that I think it is absurd. That's why you have those jihadists to content with. USA grow with the manpower and best talents, at the expense of security. The land is big but I wonder what is the limit. USA also takes in a lot of Pinoys. As I've noticed lots of pinoys in Spurs talk. WOw man, they are loud. Pinoys come from USA's former colony, and they speak with an american twang in their voices. That's the stereotypical impression. Those pinoys in spurs talk have taken to trolling while having their nationality and ethnic on full display. and who are these pinoys ? I believe some are born in USA, while many migrate there for jobs. Phillipines government has actively game-planned on exporting people to various parts of the world so as to earn from remittance. Oh btw, it seems Micosoft has a huge Indian presence these days. The Hispanics...It is reported that lots of illegal south american immigrants entered USA by crossing the Rio grande, and obviously this is an issue as it may have caused social problems but they've also contributed to american society and that the hispanic community has some influence in american politics as the news often reported of certain politicans courting the hispanic votes come election times.Obvious Texas have significant hispanic population.
I think my mind is getting clouded, anyway another thing I want to say is that LGBT is an unorthodox movement that is making its round thorough the world. It is due to western liberalism that allow the idea to flourish. and then it starts to impose its will on every society in the world. and if you are to say no to it, one may be derided or tagged with some negative terms. I'm ok with Don't ask, don't tell.But these days, they are all up in pink in the park that it is a worrying sign.

boutons_deux
11-14-2016, 10:01 AM
Please explain where in that article "Men keep even better educated women in inferior financial roles"? It's about women being more likely to have a college degree than men.

Yep, macho men, faced with serious competition in school and work from women, fold like wimps.

DMC
11-14-2016, 10:04 AM
Yep, macho men, faced with serious competition in school and work from women, fold like wimps.

Not something you need to be worried about no doubt, macho blogger.

boutons_deux
11-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Not something you need to be worried about no doubt, macho blogger.

nope, I don't wimp out like your rigthwingnutjob men do, neither on line or in person.

And I've worked for and with several excellent women, without resenting them, who were just a good as any man.

Chinook
11-14-2016, 10:32 AM
:rolleyes Oh so NOW liberals get the working class...

:lol And still doesn't seem to get it.

boutons_deux
11-14-2016, 10:44 AM
:rolleyes Oh so NOW liberals get the working class...

:lol And still doesn't seem to get it.

Repugs "get" (screw) the working class, the Christian Taliban, red/slave states, rurals by conning them with social issues, then screwing them financially once elected.

That working class (including their hypocritical Christian grifter pastors who forgave the unrepentant, unremorseful Trash who didn't ask for forgiveness), "revolted" and elected :lol 0.1% elitist insider :lol AND all the same Repugs who have been screwing them for decades, so yes,

They "still doesn't seem to get it"

Look at the polls about why the working class voted for Trash. It was about their ECONOMIC plight.

Chucho
11-14-2016, 03:40 PM
LOL.

Fed minimum wage increase is BAD. BAD. BAD. For every Walmart or Home Dept. that can pay an (insanely) increased minimum wage, there are 10,000 business that will simply cut hours or close doors. It's simple economics. There simply isn't enough businesses that can afford that. And people do not get into business to be breaking even.

I don't expect an idiot like Boutons to get that.

But just so I can grasp an idiot's mentality:

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS AN ACCEPTABLE FEDERAL MINIMUM WAGE THAT WON'T PUT MILLIONS AND MILLIONS IN THE POOR HOUSE?

Please enlighten me to how the 97% of businesses that employ 99% of the workforce will be able to conduct business, pay taxes THRICE and forced benefits, can pay for this? More than 75% of those companies do less than $2 million in SALES every year. Not profit, SALES. Increasing labor costs will CRUSH SMBs. But hey, let's help untalented, unskilled and uneducated labor FEEL equal for A LITTLE WHILE. During the raise in inflation, that minimum wage will buy less and put tens of thousands of companies out of business and tens of millions out of a job.

What a stupid, piss-poor idea that NOT A SINGLE NOBEL-WINNING, US ECONOMIST HAS YET TO COSIGN.

rmt
11-14-2016, 04:10 PM
LOL.

Fed minimum wage increase is BAD. BAD. BAD. For every Walmart or Home Dept. that can pay an (insanely) increased minimum wage, there are 10,000 business that will simply cut hours or close doors. It's simple economics. There simply isn't enough businesses that can afford that. And people do not get into business to be breaking even.

I don't expect an idiot like Boutons to get that.

But just so I can grasp an idiot's mentality:

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS AN ACCEPTABLE FEDERAL MINIMUM WAGE THAT WON'T PUT MILLIONS AND MILLIONS IN THE POOR HOUSE?

Please enlighten me to how the 97% of businesses that employ 99% of the workforce will be able to conduct business, pay taxes THRICE and forced benefits, can pay for this? More than 75% of those companies do less than $2 million in SALES every year. Not profit, SALES. Increasing labor costs will CRUSH SMBs. But hey, let's help untalented, unskilled and uneducated labor FEEL equal for A LITTLE WHILE. During the raise in inflation, that minimum wage will buy less and put tens of thousands of companies out of business and tens of millions out of a job.

What a stupid, piss-poor idea that NOT A SINGLE NOBEL-WINNING, US ECONOMIST HAS YET TO COSIGN.

Some have no idea how lean most small businesses run. The last one my dh worked for hired him to come in and reorganize their IT department, create a 5 year company plan and fired him on his 6 month anniversary (not to mention didn't pay him for his last 2 weeks of work - which was not worth chasing down). Dh had left a job as a consultant at a large drug company for the stability of a "permanent" job and the experience with this small business left a very sour taste in his mouth. Turns out the consultant job was the stable one and the permanent one was temporary. Moral of the story - no more small companies - will not be deceived and used like this again.

Wild Cobra
11-14-2016, 04:24 PM

P.p.p..... please....

You don't expect Boutons to create any accurate threads do you?

clambake
11-14-2016, 04:29 PM
Yes, Manly dignity is a big deal for most men. I'm not an American, and never been to USA before.I'm a neutral. Actually, spurs talk is my window to USA.When I read spurs talk's threads, I formed some notions of what the situations is like. But I don't know USA very well. So Trump is elected, and Hillary lost.She must be the most high-powered woman in america, and the people didn't put her in office, for some reasons. As I've said I don't know USA.The news articles in the internet didn't portrayed the whole picture.
USA is the most powerful country in the world. It is fighting wars in the middle-east. and it is taking in many immigrants and some refugees. When we read NBA news, there are always some african 7ft ballers in the NBA drafts. so it seems USA is always taking in immigrants. The immigration law is very liberal, in my opinion, that I think it is absurd. That's why you have those jihadists to content with. USA grow with the manpower and best talents, at the expense of security. The land is big but I wonder what is the limit. USA also takes in a lot of Pinoys. As I've noticed lots of pinoys in Spurs talk. WOw man, they are loud. Pinoys come from USA's former colony, and they speak with an american twang in their voices. That's the stereotypical impression. Those pinoys in spurs talk have taken to trolling while having their nationality and ethnic on full display. and who are these pinoys ? I believe some are born in USA, while many migrate there for jobs. Phillipines government has actively game-planned on exporting people to various parts of the world so as to earn from remittance. Oh btw, it seems Micosoft has a huge Indian presence these days. The Hispanics...It is reported that lots of illegal south american immigrants entered USA by crossing the Rio grande, and obviously this is an issue as it may have caused social problems but they've also contributed to american society and that the hispanic community has some influence in american politics as the news often reported of certain politicans courting the hispanic votes come election times.Obvious Texas have significant hispanic population.
I think my mind is getting clouded, anyway another thing I want to say is that LGBT is an unorthodox movement that is making its round thorough the world. It is due to western liberalism that allow the idea to flourish. and then it starts to impose its will on every society in the world. and if you are to say no to it, one may be derided or tagged with some negative terms. I'm ok with Don't ask, don't tell.But these days, they are all up in pink in the park that it is a worrying sign.

we are building a wall, so don't even think about it.

z0sa
11-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Lol like boutons echo chamber for liberal elitists suddenly understands the working class. A lot of democrats have been exposed.

Th'Pusher
11-14-2016, 09:53 PM
Some have no idea how lean most small businesses run. The last one my dh worked for hired him to come in and reorganize their IT department, create a 5 year company plan and fired him on his 6 month anniversary (not to mention didn't pay him for his last 2 weeks of work - which was not worth chasing down). Dh had left a job as a consultant at a large drug company for the stability of a "permanent" job and the experience with this small business left a very sour taste in his mouth. Turns out the consultant job was the stable one and the permanent one was temporary. Moral of the story - no more small companies - will not be deceived and used like this again.

Wait, you thought that a small business was going to be more stable than a large corporation? What Line of reasoning would make you come to that conclusion?

rmt
11-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Wait, you thought that a small business was going to be more stable than a large corporation? What Line of reasoning would make you come to that conclusion?

The consultant job was a 6 month contract - no guarantee of renewal/perm but probably good chance since he was performing well.