PDA

View Full Version : Snopes.com

Fabbs
11-14-2016, 09:35 AM
What do y'all think of Snopes as far as reliability, accuracy, truthfulness?

Wild Cobra
11-14-2016, 11:29 AM
Like Mythbusters, they don't always get it right.

They are probably 95% to 99% correct.

IceColdBrewski
11-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Not reliable.

Spurtacular
11-15-2016, 12:40 AM
They've never seen a liberal indictment that they can't/won't mitigate (at a minimum).

DMC
11-15-2016, 01:02 AM
They can't say "we don't know". Same as most other media outlets that haven't gotten over themselves.

spurraider21
11-15-2016, 01:40 AM
well yeah, hard nosed conservatives typically hate fact checking tbh

fact checks are good when it supports them, and they're liberally biased when against

Spurminator
11-15-2016, 10:29 AM
They can't say "we don't know". Same as most other media outlets that haven't gotten over themselves.

Yes they can. Those articles are tagged "Undetermined"

Spurminator
11-15-2016, 10:30 AM

fact checks are good when it supports them, and they're liberally biased when against

Snopes is a dishonest liberal front. James O'Keefe wrote a column about it on Breitbart.

Blake
11-15-2016, 10:45 AM

Which ones did they not get right

Wild Cobra
11-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Which ones did they not get right
I've noticed a few over the years. None of it stuck in my memory.

Are you claiming they are 100% accurate?

DMC
11-15-2016, 12:31 PM

Good thing that's only conservatives. I was under the impression (falsely it seems) that confirmation bias is a bipartisan phenomena.

DMC
11-15-2016, 12:33 PM
People are generally lazy as fuck and much more inclined to accept a global source for truth than to do their own legwork.

Blake
11-15-2016, 01:50 PM

Are you claiming they are 100% accurate?

I'm not making a claim; you are.

As usual, I'll disregard your claim.

monosylab1k
11-24-2016, 12:07 PM

Convenient

monosylab1k
11-24-2016, 12:09 PM
It is pretty funny that snopes was a non-political, fun mythbusting site until this election when it magically turned into a liberal lie machine.

Reck
11-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Fun site to check when bored, not to be taken seriously.

Aztecfan03
11-24-2016, 01:01 PM
It is pretty funny that snopes was a non-political, fun mythbusting site until this election when it magically turned into a liberal lie machine.

Except it wasn't

DMC
11-24-2016, 01:05 PM

About like how Trump was the Clinton's best friend and a great man until he ran against her then he became Hitler 2.0.

monosylab1k
11-24-2016, 01:30 PM
Except it wasn't

Yeah because what I remember about 2015 is all the conservatives bitching about snopes.

Thread
11-25-2016, 08:28 AM
About like how Trump was the Clinton's best friend and a great man until he ran against her then he became Hitler 2.0.

You again.

spurraider21
11-26-2016, 08:09 PM
About like how Trump was the Clinton's best friend and a great man until he ran against her then he became Hitler 2.0.Or like how Clinton was actually a victim of the Lewinski scandal and a great man until Trump ran against his wife then he became Bill Cosby and Kobe.

DMC
11-26-2016, 10:20 PM
Or like how Clinton was actually a victim of the Lewinski scandal and a great man until Trump ran against his wife then he became Bill Cosby and Kobe.

lol no one thought Bill was a great man and a victim of a scandal where he was cigar fucking an intern. Are you out of your goddamned mind?

spurraider21
11-26-2016, 11:09 PM
lol no one thought Bill was a great man and a victim of a scandal where he was cigar fucking an intern. Are you out of your goddamned mind?no one except trump himself

:lol here's trump saying bill's controversy was "totally unimportant" and that his impeachment was "nonsense"
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/12/29/donald-trump-bill-clinton-lewinsky-unimportant.cnn

:lol and here's trump's own quote from another interview (source below)
“I don’t necessarily agree with his victims. His victims are terrible. He is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/05/24/trumps-flip-flop-on-whether-the-bill-clinton-sex-scandals-are-important/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trump-clinton-9pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&tid=a_inl

DMC
11-26-2016, 11:48 PM

Or like how Clinton was actually a victim of the Lewinski scandal and a great man until Trump ran against his wife then he became Bill Cosby and Kobe.

lol no one thought Bill was a great man and a victim of a scandal where he was cigar fucking an intern. Are you out of your goddamned mind?

Follow this and try to keep up. It's known already that Trump and Clinton were friends before the election. We're talking about how the public sees it. You are talking about how they see each other (which doesn't matter).

spurraider21
11-27-2016, 12:03 AM
lol how did the public see trump as a great man before the election? and why include the bit of him being clinton's friend if you dont care how the clintons viewed trump? he was famous for a tv show where he portrayed an asshole and for a feud with some fatfuck TV has-been

DMC
11-27-2016, 01:02 PM
lol how did the public see trump as a great man before the election? and why include the bit of him being clinton's friend if you dont care how the clintons viewed trump? he was famous for a tv show where he portrayed an asshole and for a feud with some fatfuck TV has-been

lol no

Trump has been famous for a long long time.

Do you think the comment about Snopes pertains to how the Donald or the Clintons feel about it?

It's about how the general public feels about it, how partisan politics causes people to redefine their worldview based on bias.

Try to keep up Philo.

Blake
11-28-2016, 05:36 PM
Claim:

http://www.snopes.com/images/red.gifFALSE

RandomGuy
12-15-2016, 03:53 PM
What do y'all think of Snopes as far as reliability, accuracy, truthfulness?

Snopes does a pretty good job of sifting through the bullshit.

It is a go-to source for debunking.

RandomGuy
12-15-2016, 03:55 PM
Yeah because what I remember about 2015 is all the conservatives bitching about snopes.

Conservatives tend to be allergic to facts. They like their warm cocoon of confirmation bias, and tend to react violently when confronted with things that poke holes in cherished beliefs.

Mitch
12-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Conservatives tend to be allergic to facts. They like their warm cocoon of confirmation bias, and tend to react violently when confronted with things that poke holes in cherished beliefs.

Says the guy who disregards Wikileaks when they leak shit on liberal politicians :lol

Got bad news for you if you're a fan of that guy Colbert, tbh

koriwhat
12-16-2016, 03:59 PM
Says the guy who disregards Wikileaks when they leak shit on liberal politicians :lol

Got bad news for you if you're a fan of that guy Colbert, tbh

Haha no shit right?

koriwhat
12-16-2016, 04:11 PM
http://wearechange.org/shady-fact-checking-sources-snopes-politifact-debunked/