PDA

View Full Version : Kingslayer's protrayal in HEB commercials

$pursDynasty
11-14-2016, 12:17 PM
I understand originally it was the Big 3 and the new guy so, Kiwi had to defer (Manu made me do it), but while funny sometimes I am curious why Kiwi is still portrayed as kind of slow in the newer ones? Advertising campaigns can change on a dime. Bud Light dropped the election stuff mid year, State Farm went from Cliff Paul, to the Hoopers to now the two teammates at work and before a disaster motif. Especially now that Kiwi is the face of the franchise, I would think they would "haze" the new guy (Last year LMA and this year Pau). Or if they weren't too sensitive do more old man stuff with Manu and MVParker. I realize these are local commercials and not Game of Thrones or the Walking Dead, but I would have assume (and suspect) a subtle shift in the future. Before anyone talks about Kiwi fans being too sensitive, anyone following my posts would be more apt to put me in the MVParker camp than the Kingslayer one.

HarlemHeat37
11-14-2016, 12:53 PM
:lol it's pretty obvious why Kawhi is portrayed the way he is in those commercials, tbh..I don't have to elaborate, either..

apalisoc_9
11-14-2016, 01:02 PM
Cornraws....

Tbh, sadly.

Phenomanul
11-14-2016, 01:20 PM
"It's good..." [Mootopia]

"What? That's just how I do laundry..."

"Seems too long for a boat name..."

"Indubitably"

"What? My mom made it..."

"This glove is too small..."

"Manu made me do it..."

"Why would you throw a burger at a Barbie anyways?"

"I brought you Cheese Puffs" "What? They're good...!"

Yeah... they've maybe overplayed his persona a bit...

DJR210
11-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Sad that a man suffering from autism should be subjected to playing the role of the village idiot IMO on their commercials. H-E-B should be ashamed of themselves

Chinook
11-14-2016, 02:10 PM
I did notice that, too. It made some sense when he was new, because it was like, "Oh, he's naive." Now it's like, "Dude, is there something wrong with Kawhi?" But of course, he's the one with a good gig, because he doesn't have to act at all. When his lines come out devoid of emotion, it makes sense with his character. When a dude like Reggie Miller tries to act and sounds like Glados from Portal, then it's shitty.

DarrinS
11-14-2016, 02:21 PM
Because it's the only thing that makes those commercials funny.

GSH
11-14-2016, 02:37 PM
Second in MVP voting last year. That ought to be marketable, but constantly getting portrayed as stupid doesn't help. His agent should probably step up with some advice.

$pursDynasty
11-14-2016, 02:42 PM
Because it's the only thing that makes those commercials funny.
you might be right there, people that know Timmay always comment on how dry his sense of humor is and how funny he is. maybe the same is true with Kiwi too?

-21-
11-14-2016, 06:03 PM
:lol Who cares? It's funny and I don't think Kawhi minds it at all.

spurraider21
11-14-2016, 06:13 PM
I did notice that, too. It made some sense when he was new, because it was like, "Oh, he's naive." Now it's like, "Dude, is there something wrong with Kawhi?" But of course, he's the one with a good gig, because he doesn't have to act at all. When his lines come out devoid of emotion, it makes sense with his character. When a dude like Reggie Miller tries to act and sounds like Glados from Portal, then it's shitty.
:rollin

11-14-2016, 06:29 PM
Sad that a man suffering from autism should be subjected to playing the role of the village idiot IMO on their commercials. H-E-B should be ashamed of themselves

wildcardX
11-14-2016, 06:42 PM
We need Kawhi singing and dancing in the next commercial, just like Jackson Heights own Randy Watson.

DMC
11-15-2016, 01:14 AM
Its because A: he's black and B: he's an american male. Patty is aussie, so he's considered not really black, and Tony isn't American either. Tim is from an American territory, St Croix. When Bruce was on, he was the one being an idiot. I guess they couldn't get KL to wear a dress yet.