PDA

View Full Version : Every progressive should watch this epic video

DarrinS
11-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Someone gets it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

DarrinS
11-15-2016, 08:27 PM
Hard to take that look in the mirror, I suppose.

spurraider21
11-15-2016, 08:49 PM
yeah this was making the rounds a few days ago

most of it was explaining why shillary was an awful choice, we knew that. the last minute is him bumbling about lol safe spaces and lol triggered as if that represents a big portion of liberals

DarrinS
11-15-2016, 08:54 PM

most of it was explaining why shillary was an awful choice, we knew that. the last minute is him bumbling about lol safe spaces and lol triggered as if that represents a big portion of liberals

Aweful choice and aweful strategy, lol deplorables. And the safe space culture is what you see protesting.

Aztecfan03
11-15-2016, 09:21 PM

It's a decent portion of millenial liberals.

SnakeBoy
11-15-2016, 10:54 PM

If it's not a big portion of liberals then that makes it even more of a fuck up that the DNC has spent so much time catering to them.

Chinook
11-15-2016, 11:25 PM
I thought you meant this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLCUphApmr8

Gotta love Ezra thinking that the America was in doomsday because they about to "almost" vote for Trump.

"THAT'S your worst-case scenario, huh?" -- Dave Chappelle.

Spurminator
11-15-2016, 11:31 PM
I would love to hear everyone's personal experiences with "safe spaces" or " micro aggressions" or any of the ultra-PC travesties that are ruining the country. Please give a personal example of when you have encountered this in your life outside of reading about it. Thx

Chinook
11-15-2016, 11:34 PM

It does represent a big portion of the liberal public face. That's the face that's supposed to engage independents and try to win over people from the opposing side. Trump's a perfect example of that, with most people looking at him like he was a talking point more than a candidate. I mean, look at the vid I just posted from Ezra. It's ridiculous how huge the echo chamber is. And again, I really can't stand that conservative views or even plain old bigoted views are called "ignorant", as if the only thing preventing people from not being assholes is education.

Chinook
11-15-2016, 11:38 PM
I would love to hear everyone's personal experiences with "safe spaces" or " micro aggressions" or any of the ultra-PC travesties that are ruining the country. Please give a personal example of when you have encountered this in your life outside of reading about it. Thx

If you mean examples of how PC culture is affecting our lives, it's rather obvious. I don't have to be an Ivy League athlete to see that it's a real thing. However, this forum is a great example of how the liberal echo chamber limits debate. You can go through any of the "issues" threads to see how people who had divergent opinions were talked down or dismissed rather than engaged with in good faith and with open minds. Not all liberal folks here did it, but a large number did, and even the ones engaging in debate were doing so assuming they'd "educate" the other side rather than actually listen to them.

Th'Pusher
11-15-2016, 11:47 PM
If you mean examples of how PC culture is affecting our lives, it's rather obvious. I don't have to be an Ivy League athlete to see that it's a real thing. However, this forum is a great example of how the liberal echo chamber limits debate. You can go through any of the "issues" threads to see how people who had divergent opinions were talked down or dismissed rather than engaged with in good faith and with open minds. Not all liberal folks here did it, but a large number did, and even the ones engaging in debate were doing so assuming they'd "educate" the other side rather than actually listen to them.

I generally approve of your insight, but a word of advice, maybe stop dropping the fact that you're an Ivy League graduate. Let your takes stand on their own.

Chinook
11-15-2016, 11:49 PM
I generally approve of your insight, but a word of advice, maybe stop dropping the fact that you're an Ivy League graduate. Let your takes stand on their own.

I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about Harvard's soccer team and Columbia's wrestling team. I don't have to be one of those people to know that PC culture can hurt them.

spurraider21
11-16-2016, 12:13 AM
If you mean examples of how PC culture is affecting our lives, it's rather obvious. I don't have to be an Ivy League athlete to see that it's a real thing. However, this forum is a great example of how the liberal echo chamber limits debate. You can go through any of the "issues" threads to see how people who had divergent opinions were talked down or dismissed rather than engaged with in good faith and with open minds. Not all liberal folks here did it, but a large number did, and even the ones engaging in debate were doing so assuming they'd "educate" the other side rather than actually listen to them.the most long running "issues" threads i can recall have been based on scientific discussion though... the climate change issue has 2 separate threads here of 100+ pages. and yes, much of that is about educating. its not a pros/cons issue like gay marriage... it's what scientists (as a nearly unilateral body) say vs what non-scientists say about a scientific issue.

while not a political issue, we've also had long winded discussions about evolution/big bang, etc. its hard to have a "good faith" conversation when the other side is spamming youtubes and quite frankly has no clue what they're talking about

but when it comes to the more debateable political issues like the trasngender bathrooms, second amendment stuff, i think there's been good conversation

pgardn
11-16-2016, 12:17 AM
I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about Harvard's soccer team and Columbia's wrestling team. I don't have to be one of those people to know that PC culture can hurt them.

Hurt them... ?

Its a bunch of misguided kids who will figure it out. It's not like they are stringing up someone they don't like and then dragging them through the streets. When have older folks NOT been head-shaking at younger people (actually thinking about the big picture) and going overboard with feelings and distortions?

Wrong place wrong time has been a bigger problem than one only produced by a PC culture.

Chinook
11-16-2016, 12:23 AM
the most long running "issues" threads i can recall have been based on scientific discussion though... the climate change issue has 2 separate threads here of 100+ pages. and yes, much of that is about educating. its not a pros/cons issue like gay marriage... it's what scientists (as a nearly unilateral body) say vs what non-scientists say about a scientific issue.

while not a political issue, we've also had long winded discussions about evolution/big bang, etc. its hard to have a "good faith" conversation when the other side is spamming youtubes and quite frankly has no clue what they're talking about

but when it comes to the more debateable political issues like the trasngender bathrooms, second amendment stuff, i think there's been good conversation

It can seem like good debate when you're on the majority side. But most of the patience is faked, and most of the language is pedagogical. And it goes back to the idea that the people taking the other side of social issues are "ignorant". There's also this prevailing notion that progressivism is like a glacier that keeps on sliding no matter how much dissenters try to stop it. That gives the progressive side a sense of, "Listen, we can argue about this as much as you want, but in the end, I'm going to be right." And in terms of video-spamming, there's a lot of that on both sides.

And this doesn't even get into people constantly crying about fallacies, as if pointing out an "ad homenim" somehow took the place of an argument. Of course, since that term was used incorrectly like 95 percent of the time, it didn't help either.

Chinook
11-16-2016, 12:29 AM
Hurt them... ?

Its a bunch of misguided kids who will figure it out. It's not like they are stringing up someone they don't like and then dragging them through the streets. When have older folks NOT been head-shaking at younger people (actually thinking about the big picture) and going overboard with feelings and distortions?

Wrong place wrong time has been a bigger problem than one only produced by a PC culture.

Yeah, that paternalistic attitude won't go over any better with conservatives than the pedagogical one I just talked about. I certainly don't agree with some of the things those kids were reported to have said, but that should be where it stopped. Instead, they get what they've been training for taken away by administrators trying to curry public favor. If these kids were posting articles about this or acting on any of this, that's one thing. But to be punished for what you said in private? It's absurd. But that particular stance is lost, because you're either someone who agrees with regulating hearts and minds or your have to endorse everything that those hearts and minds believe.

DMC
11-16-2016, 12:41 AM

lol.. reading comprehension... "word of advice"... lol

DMC
11-16-2016, 12:44 AM
the most long running "issues" threads i can recall have been based on scientific discussion though... the climate change issue has 2 separate threads here of 100+ pages. and yes, much of that is about educating. its not a pros/cons issue like gay marriage... it's what scientists (as a nearly unilateral body) say vs what non-scientists say about a scientific issue.

Because on issues like climate change all folks here do is run out and find articles and paste them here then argue as if they've done the research themselves. Where you are personally affected by something, even if it's just an encroachment upon your morals and upbringing and sense of "ought", you have that experience and you can debate it and give or take ground from time to time and maybe be better for it. With climate change, you're just data regurgitation device. Anyone who cares to see a binary answer can look for themselves.

Spurminator
11-16-2016, 12:48 AM

I think we're talking about two different things. Condescending attitudes towards different opinions are what you're talking about here.

I'm talking about the supposed liberal coddling of young people's emotions and protection from offense on college campuses and elsewhere. This seems to be a phenomenon that exists almost exclusively online and has had limited impact on anyone's actual life in the real world. Certainly no more impact than, say, date rape on college campuses which you would think is less of a problem than PC culture if you were to judge by people's level of concern.

DMC
11-16-2016, 12:54 AM
btw the video isn't epic. It's some staged rant saying a bunch of shit everyone already knows, but because the wanker has a accent he's more "right" suddenly than he if sounded like a NC native or someone from Jersey.

DMC
11-16-2016, 12:56 AM
I think we're talking about two different things. Condescending attitudes towards different opinions are what you're talking about here.

I'm talking about the supposed liberal coddling of young people's emotions and protection from offense on college campuses and elsewhere. This seems to be a phenomenon that exists almost exclusively online and has had limited impact on anyone's actual life in the real world. Certainly no more impact than, say, date rape on college campuses which you would think is less of a problem than PC culture if you were to judge by people's level of concern.

Kinda like cops shooting blacks eh? How many blacks do you know personally who were killed by cops?

So yeah, pretend it doesn't exist because your debunk by lack of anecdote is meaningful.

Spurminator
11-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Kinda like cops shooting blacks eh? How many blacks do you know personally who were killed by cops?

So yeah, pretend it doesn't exist because your debunk by lack of anecdote is meaningful.

I'm not pretending it doesn't exist, I just want to understand everyone's personal experience with it.

Surely you wouldn't equate actual death with being triggered by someone else's triggeredness.

spurraider21
11-16-2016, 01:02 AM
Because on issues like climate change all folks here do is run out and find articles and paste them hereanyone who goes around looking for articles is doing it wrong. articles dont carry weight. peer reviewed papers do. even when an article links to a paper, the articles often misstate the actual findings, so its the original source that matters. when it comes to original peer reviewed source material, the information is largely one sided

then argue as if they've done the research themselves.
i dont know if anybody here has ever claimed to have done the research themselves. i dont know that anybody here is a paleoclimatologist, an atmospheric physician, an oceanographer, a glaciologist, etc. i dont know that anybody here has claimed to have collected data firsthand, or crunched the numbers and published their findings.

you have one camp who recites what actual climate scientists publish and another camp that largely resorts to blogs/articles as there is very limited peer reviewed work. i dont think any of the people debating here claim to be the scientists doing the actual research

Where you are personally affected by something, even if it's just an encroachment upon your morals and upbringing and sense of "ought", you have that experience and you can debate it and give or take ground from time to time and maybe be better for it. With climate change, you're just data regurgitation device. Anyone who cares to see a binary answer can look for themselves.yes there is plenty of confirmation bias to go around. a lot of this comes from the fact that there has been a failure to separate the science from the politics.

Chinook
11-16-2016, 01:03 AM

This is starting to sound a lot like the "black-on-black crime" counter argument to concerns over police brutality. Certainly, there are worse problems going on. But the PC issue is still potentially an issue, especially because it can affect the ability for us to debate and come to a consensus on the other issues.

As far as echo chambers and safe places go, I think the effect has been that the regular Internet has been a safe place for liberal views, so it's given a skewed perception on what public thought is. Because the only public opinion schools like Harvard and Columbia really come into contact is coated in PC, they feel the pressure/confidence to ban teams for having "bad thoughts" essentially. In all the articles/comments I have sifted through about those incidents, the opinions are like 90 percent in favor of the regulations. I imagine an honest vote from the American people would show a much different story.

Chinook
11-16-2016, 01:09 AM
peer reviewed papers do. even when an article links to a paper, the articles often misstate the actual findings, so its the original source that matters. when it comes to original peer reviewed source material, the information is largely one sided

There is plenty of room to question PR articles, though. At best, they can be considered current consensus, but they get the power of fact in debates for some reason.

i dont know if anybody here has ever claimed to have done the research themselves. i dont know that anybody here is a paleoclimatologist, an atmospheric physician, an oceanographer, a glaciologist, etc. i dont know that anybody here has claimed to have collected data firsthand, or crunched the numbers and published their findings.

No, but you do get a lot of "I'm right because science" from people who probably haven't really tried to understand the science. I remember arguing with people over research papers and their power in that thread there AP was beating his kid. The article posted about corporal punishment was full of issues, and I pointed them out. The general response was, "Do your own paper or STFU", as if bad evidence is better than no evidence.

Spurminator
11-16-2016, 01:10 AM
This is starting to sound a lot like the "black-on-black crime" counter argument to concerns over police brutality. Certainly, there are worse problems going on. But the PC issue is still potentially an issue, especially because it can affect the ability for us to debate and come to a consensus on the other issues.

As far as echo chambers and safe places go, I think the effect has been that the regular Internet has been a safe place for liberal views, so it's given a skewed perception on what public thought is. Because the only public opinion schools like Harvard and Columbia really come into contact is coated in PC, they feel the pressure/confidence to ban teams for having "bad thoughts" essentially. In all the articles/comments I have shifted through about those incidents, the opinions are like 90 percent in favor of the regulations. I imagine an honest vote from the American people would show a much different story.

All of this is fair. I'm right with you on how echo chambers lead to laziness with regards to understanding opposing points of view. My OP was a bit of a kneejerk response to the flood of "OMG PC Culture" hysteria I keep seeing here and elsewhere. It's not to say I don't think it needs to be addressed or discussed.

Also, whiskey.

spurraider21
11-16-2016, 01:11 AM
There is plenty of room to question PR articles, though. At best, they can be considered current consensus, but they get the power of fact in debates for some reason.

No, but you do get a lot of "I'm right because science" from people who probably haven't really tried to understand the science. I remember arguing with people over research papers and their power in that thread there AP was beating his kid. The article posted about corporal punishment was full of issues, and I pointed them out. The general response was, "Do your own paper or STFU", as if bad evidence is better than no evidence.i recall that discussion, and i believe it was Cry Havoc who you were arguing with that time

as for PR papers and consensus, there is always going to be a fine line between getting the power of fact and getting the power of an overwhelming preponderance of the evidence. but having a PR paper is what helps escape the appeal to authority issue. any scientist can go on TV and say "as an expert, i think a and b are true, and x and y are false." but if they have research showing such that have gone through the PR process, what they say actually has weight. when a virtual consensus of all papers in that field hold the same opinions, its quite difficult for non-scientists to refute it. but they do

Chinook
11-16-2016, 01:14 AM
All of this is fair. I'm right with you on how echo chambers lead to laziness with regards to understanding opposing points of view. My OP was a bit of a kneejerk response to the flood of "OMG PC Culture" hysteria I keep seeing here and elsewhere. It's not to say I don't think it needs to be addressed or discussed.

Also, whiskey.

:tu

Chinook
11-16-2016, 01:19 AM
i recall that discussion, and i believe it was Cry Havoc who you were arguing with that time

as for PR papers, there is always going to be a fine line between getting the power of fact and getting the power of an overwhelming preponderance of the evidence.

It probably was Cry during one of his stints away from Reddit.

Anyway, even that view on PR papers is extremely optimistic. At the risk of being one of those people I just railed against:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42QuXLucH3Q

The "peer" element is a double-edged sword. That people have to fight to get their research published with thing that aren't just "This is statistically likely."

spurraider21
11-16-2016, 01:35 AM
It probably was Cry during one of his stints away from Reddit.

Anyway, even that view on PR papers is extremely optimistic. At the risk of being one of those people I just railed against:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42QuXLucH3Q

The "peer" element is a double-edged sword. That people have to fight to get their research published with thing that aren't just "This is statistically likely."
right. just because a paper has gone through the PR process, that doesn't make it gospel. but this is where consensus, particularly over the course of decades, carries weight

Chinook
11-16-2016, 01:52 AM
right. just because a paper has gone through the PR process, that doesn't make it gospel. but this is where consensus, particularly over the course of decades, carries weight

I agree it carries weight, but I don't think that means that simply agreeing with the consensus means you understand it enough to silence opposition. And that of course only applies to older concepts like evolution. Things like transgender research may be much more murky, especially given that rather than general skepticism like most science should face, those studies have social pressure to be significant.

spurraider21
11-16-2016, 01:54 AM
I agree it carries weight, but I don't think that means that simply agreeing with the consensus means you understand it enough to silence opposition. And that of course only applies to older concepts like evolution. Things like transgender research may be much more murky, especially given that rather than general skepticism like most science should face, those studies have social pressure to be significant.agreed... but if the opposition has no understanding either, you are again left with the word of scientists vs the word of... bloggers?

Quadzilla99
11-16-2016, 02:05 AM

:lol

Quadzilla99
11-16-2016, 02:15 AM
It does represent a big portion of the liberal public face. That's the face that's supposed to engage independents and try to win over people from the opposing side. Trump's a perfect example of that, with most people looking at him like he was a talking point more than a candidate. I mean, look at the vid I just posted from Ezra. It's ridiculous how huge the echo chamber is. And again, I really can't stand that conservative views or even plain old bigoted views are called "ignorant", as if the only thing preventing people from not being assholes is education.

You can call them dumb and they can be dumb at the same time:
http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/poll-two-thirds-trump-supporters-think-obama-muslim
https://www.bustle.com/articles/192296-is-hillary-clinton-a-demon-is-a-poll-question-voters-have-actually-been-asked

Quadzilla99
11-16-2016, 02:33 AM
Some links about the Midwest rural areas etc:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/796753726715400192

https://twitter.com/pwthornton/status/796355506759671808

Truthfully the bubble/echo chamber is on both sides.

spurraider21
11-16-2016, 02:50 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/7d0ab7d25b82bb5cbe2ea56bfef6b2de.png

DMC
11-18-2016, 04:29 PM
anyone who goes around looking for articles is doing it wrong. articles dont carry weight. peer reviewed papers do. even when an article links to a paper, the articles often misstate the actual findings, so its the original source that matters. when it comes to original peer reviewed source material, the information is largely one sided

Either way, it's either a binary 1 or a binary 0. There's not a lot of philosophy behind it so there's nothing to really debate.

Have you never heard of Wild Cobra?

you have one camp who recites what actual climate scientists publish and another camp that largely resorts to blogs/articles as there is very limited peer reviewed work. i dont think any of the people debating here claim to be the scientists doing the actual research

Of course not, don't be a twat. Climate change is either happening or its not happening. It's not a political discussion, but a science based one. You can argue the political aspects of climate change, but not the change itself. Are all law students pedantic twats or are you special?

yes there is plenty of confirmation bias to go around. a lot of this comes from the fact that there has been a failure to separate the science from the politics.
Thus my response.

boutons_deux
11-18-2016, 04:40 PM
even religion is involved for the Bible humpers, since "We are in God's hands" bullshit. Fuck up the planet (for profit), God will save us, and other cretinous bullshit from Religionists.

SpursforSix
11-18-2016, 04:44 PM
even religion is involved for the Bible humpers, since "We are in God's hands" bullshit. Fuck up the planet (for profit), God will save us, and other cretinous bullshit from Religionists.

hey there...you never addressed my question about your mom having baboon vagina.

spurraider21
11-18-2016, 06:09 PM
Either way, it's either a binary 1 or a binary 0. There's not a lot of philosophy behind it so there's nothing to really debate.

Have you never heard of Wild Cobra?

Of course not, don't be a twat. Climate change is either happening or its not happening. It's not a political discussion, but a science based one. You can argue the political aspects of climate change, but not the change itself. Are all law students pedantic twats or are you special?

Thus my response.i'm pretty sure we're in agreement on just about everything here, so not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch. i agree that its a scientific issue and not a political one, hence my post

DMC
11-18-2016, 07:41 PM
i'm pretty sure we're in agreement on just about everything here, so not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch. i agree that its a scientific issue and not a political one, hence my post

Because "yep" is parsimonious while all the yapping you did was just posturing. Get over yourself.

mingus
11-19-2016, 04:01 AM
That video pretty much encapsulates every criticism I've had of the left.

The problem is it's on the right too at least just as much. Just substitute "he/she is racist, homophobic, Islamaphobic etc. mudslinging" w/ he/she is a "socialist/Marxist, anti-2nd Amendment, tree hugger etc." mudslinging.

The real problem is the media. It's easy to blame solely T.V. but the same shit pollutes the Internet & radio too. The level of hate & vitriol that's on every media "news" outlet, which is done for entertainment & viewership purposes & not to inform people watching/listening, rubs off on people who watch/listen, & take what these dickhead entertainers disguised as pundits as legitimate discussions/arguments.

It's a pity Trump won IMO. Not that I'd rather have Hillary necessarily. I don't think he gives a rats ass about the people of this country. I don't think he cares about making America "great" nearly as much as making his own legacy "great". Greatness is somewhat subjective & I highly doubt I have the same concept of it as he does. I think he's already accomplished for the most part what he's wanted all along, which is simply to be President. He's an egomaniacal narcissist. He loves superficial/material shit (money, models, brands, status), but I don't think he has it in him to appreciate what truly makes something/someone great. He is obviously talented/skilled/knowledgeable in real estate & making money for himself w/ his other businesses, but I don't think it carries over to his presidency. Like most egomaniacs & narcissists--so delusional in the belief that they eat, sleep & shit excellence, have everything figured out & in love w/ themselves--he's going to overestimate his abilities, fall flat on his face, & then blame someone/something else for fucking shit up--anything to defend his name. I think his running/becoming president is his overestimation. Because that's all his campaign was about & that's all his presidency will be about--him. He's full of shit.

That said, I don't think people voted for "Trump" more than they voted for an anti-establishment guy. And I think if he starts fucking shit up &/or reneging on his promises he'll find that out pretty fast from the people. In that sense, I think public opinion will influence his presidency quite a bit. Which might be a good thing. I think politicians have been following what media elites have to say for way too long.

Spurminator
11-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Trump already on his way to be the most sensitive, easily offended President in our country's history. Get this man a safe space quickly.

Complete transcript of the harassment:
"Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us here at 'Hamilton: An American Musical.' We really do," Dixon said. "We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us. Thank you."

boutons_deux
11-19-2016, 11:12 AM
"Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you and we truly thank you for joining us here at 'Hamilton: An American Musical.' We really do," Dixon said. "We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us. Thank you."

:lol Pence and Trash feel threatened, un "safe", by that feel-good pablum?

The crowd was more explicit, outright BOOING Pence. NYC theatre crowd ain't nasty, bigoted Indiana.

Oh, Gee!!
11-19-2016, 11:12 AM
It's patently un-American to air grievances to elected officials

Th'Pusher
11-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Trump already on his way to be the most sensitive, easily offended President in our country's history. Get this man a safe space quickly.

I can't believe the american people elected such a pussy into the White House.

baseline bum
11-19-2016, 02:13 PM
I can't believe the american people elected such a pussy into the White House.

You mean the electoral college elected such a pussy. The people voted for Clinton by 1.4 million votes.

spurraider21
11-19-2016, 04:00 PM
799974635274194947:lmao the theater should be a :cry safe space :cry
:lmao RGMCSE

Oh, Gee!!
11-19-2016, 04:26 PM
What a cuck

spurraider21
11-19-2016, 04:27 PM
this is why the dems lost the election. dumb liberals like trump with their bullshit safe spaces

DarrinS
11-19-2016, 06:29 PM
:lmao the theater should be a :cry safe space :cry
:lmao RGMCSE

Trolled by Trump

spurraider21
11-19-2016, 06:34 PM
Trolled by Trumpno principles. its fine if a republican does it, bad if a democrat does it.

Oh, Gee!!
11-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Trolled by Trump

I guess we could do worse than having a troll as president-elect

DarrinS
11-19-2016, 07:13 PM
no principles. its fine if a republican does it, bad if a democrat does it.

Sounds like he was mocking safe spaces, but I could be wrong.

DarrinS
11-19-2016, 07:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0Rjc6jKCg

spurraider21
11-19-2016, 07:46 PM
So are you done with the "I don't like trump, but" shtick?

DarrinS
11-19-2016, 08:26 PM
So are you done with the "I don't like trump, but" shtick?

I didn't think he had a chance in hell and I said so. I was wrong.

I had to find a silver lining in this election. For me, that silver lining is the repudiation of SJWs and the MSM.

pgardn
11-19-2016, 10:40 PM
Yeah, that paternalistic attitude won't go over any better with conservatives than the pedagogical one I just talked about. I certainly don't agree with some of the things those kids were reported to have said, but that should be where it stopped. Instead, they get what they've been training for taken away by administrators trying to curry public favor. If these kids were posting articles about this or acting on any of this, that's one thing. But to be punished for what you said in private? It's absurd. But that particular stance is lost, because you're either someone who agrees with regulating hearts and minds or your have to endorse everything that those hearts and minds believe.

Paternalistic.

Many of them have never lost an election. Welcome to losing. And the crying about Trump not willing to accept the election results... I guess they neeed to have someone a little older define hypocrisy. How's that for paternalistic...

And I'm one who felt a gut punch with Trump elected. We now proceed into the unknown as I really have no idea what our president elect is going to do. I have no idea how to interpret what comes out of his mouth or finger tweets. Maybe he conveys his real plans through microwaves emanating from his hair. I don't have that antenna.

pgardn
11-19-2016, 10:48 PM
I didn't think he had a chance in hell and I said so. I was wrong.

I had to find a silver lining in this election. For me, that silver lining is the repudiation of SJWs and the MSM.

Not having a chance and not liking him are not the same thing. Did you not like him because you did not think he had a chance or what?

baseline bum
11-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Paternalistic.

Many of them have never lost an election. Welcome to losing. And the crying about Trump not willing to accept the election results... I guess they neeed to have someone a little older define hypocrisy. How's that for paternalistic...

And I'm one who felt a gut punch with Trump elected. We now proceed into the unknown as I really have no idea what our president elect is going to do. I have no idea how to interpret what comes out of his mouth or finger tweets. Maybe he conveys his real plans through microwaves emanating from his hair. I don't have that antenna.

This shit pisses me off seeing these dumbass twenty-somethings protesting in the streets when all they had to do is get off their fucking asses and vote for Clinton if they didn't want to see Trump get elected. Clinton is a piece of shit, but they wouldn't be protesting her election. They thought they could have it both ways, tell the Democrats to fuck off for not nominating Sanders but ooh, no way Trump was getting elected according to the media who don't have the slightest grasp what dependent random variables are (they kept trying to portray a Trump win as him winning a long string of coin tosses, which would have been really unlikely). And now they didn't vote against Trump and want to blame everyone but themselves. Fuck off millennials, you gave us Trump, you're fucking responsible, and now you want to whine because now you realize your inaction is going to cost you bigtime. I just can't wait to see the bitching from millennials when AG Sessions comes after their state-level legal weed.

spurraider21
11-20-2016, 09:01 PM
Trolled by Trumpis he still :cry trolling :cry or he just a safe-space loving faggot?

Spurminator
11-20-2016, 09:11 PM
"Look over there while I settle this lawsuit for $25 million."

DarrinS
11-20-2016, 09:13 PM
is he still :cry trolling :cry or he just a safe-space loving faggot?

You should unfollow him, tbh :lol

spurraider21
11-20-2016, 09:21 PM
You should unfollow him, tbh :lolhe's muh president. what he says matters. i dont even have a twitter account, i just browse big names

pgardn
11-20-2016, 09:36 PM
I hear is highly overrated...

WTF does that matter?
I thought this type of shit might stop.
Like how good Donald deems something matters. He is still gonna act like a damn middle school kid.

DarrinS
11-20-2016, 09:45 PM
he's muh president. what he says matters. i dont even have a twitter account, i just browse big names

He should definitely stop tweeting. I suspect he won't.

DarrinS
11-20-2016, 09:51 PM
Didn't bother Pence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDsvnMtVS5w

Pelicans78
11-20-2016, 10:10 PM
This thread is boring.

spurraider21
11-20-2016, 10:22 PM
This thread is boring.no its funny hearing the "i dont have time to be politically correct" president elect whine about his VP not having a safe space

Chinook
11-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Didn't bother Pence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDsvnMtVS5w

Of course he isn't. He knows he's president now.