PDA

View Full Version : Omri Casspi for Fat Head?

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 12:55 PM
Casspi is out of the Kings rotation & Dave Joerger doesn't seem to fond of him for some odd reason despite how well he played last season under George Karl. He's an expiring contract so they probably won't get much for him but I feel like he's this years Channing Frye who will get acquired by a contender & become a rotation player right away. He was as good as Ryan Anderson last season so the guy can play.

Fat Head & a 2nd rd pick (since the salaries don't match) should probably be enough to get the deal done. Casspi would be the backup 3/4 depending on the matchups & push Bertans (who has been looking jittery) out of the rotation. If he plays well then his cheap cap-hold should come in handy in the Summer.

sasaint
11-19-2016, 01:31 PM
Casspi is out of the Kings rotation & Dave Joerger doesn't seem to fond of him for some odd reason despite how well he played last season under George Karl. He's an expiring contract so they probably won't get much for him but I feel like he's this years Channing Frye who will get acquired by a contender & become a rotation player right away. He was as good as Ryan Anderson last season so the guy can play.

Fat Head & a 2nd rd pick (since the salaries don't match) should probably be enough to get the deal done. Casspi would be the backup 3/4 depending on the matchups & push Bertans (who has been looking jittery) out of the rotation. If he plays well then his cheap cap-hold should come in handy in the Summer.

I thought Casspi was injured (again) and that's why he wasn't playing... Anyway, I like the move a lot, but I'd like to see the Spurs shore up the backup PG, also. So if Kyle (and maybe sweetener of some kind) could be used to that end, that would be a consideration - especially if Garino could be moved up from Austin as raybies has suggested in the Toros thread.

apalisoc_9
11-19-2016, 01:36 PM
No isarelis in the team allowed. No to zionism.

Chinook
11-19-2016, 01:43 PM
Salary-wise it would cost Anderson and Simmons. Picks don't factor in at all. Would want something back from them if I'm making that trade.

Raven
11-19-2016, 01:57 PM
yuck

sasaint
11-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Salary-wise it would cost Anderson and Simmons. Picks don't factor in at all. Would want something back from them if I'm making that trade.

How about the Spurs also acquire the right to exchange first round picks?

8FOR!3
11-19-2016, 02:11 PM
Anderson looking for his shot still looks like a doe learning how to walk. David Lee is a lot more Dias than fathead, but at the same time he's not getting any younger and isn't a long term solution. I'm just looking for Kyle to improve and haven't seen a ton of that yet. Casspi would be a good fit bc he can shoot and well you know what Pop did with Monty Williams playing the 3.

Spurtacular
11-19-2016, 02:25 PM

Safe space poster :lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Tony Snell can get you Michael Carter-Williams.

The offer is there, but RC ain't even calling teams

DarrinS
11-19-2016, 02:49 PM

:rolleyes

raybies
11-19-2016, 03:01 PM
While I wouldn't mind Garino on the team I think him for Forbes makes the most sense. Bryn is starting to remind me of a one trick pony while Garino is much more well rounded.

As as for Anderson, I really think it's too soon to trade him unless it's the team doing him a favor. I just think he's not in a favorable position here. He needs usage or looks and touches to be further developed. He should at least get a shot at posting up smaller players and see if he can get the first to fall or a double, something positive on offense. He's just at the bottom of the totem pole and I don't see that changing unless pop intervenes. I think they are currently content with him being a warm body on offense.

tholdren
11-19-2016, 03:02 PM
no

TheGreatYacht
11-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Lol Garino

Even Kyle Anderson looks like a star in the D-League.

Kikoluna
11-19-2016, 03:21 PM
Shit, I'll take a bag of chips and a 12 ounce diet coke , happily, for Kyle. The guy is WORTHLESS.

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 03:41 PM

Can't they trade LJC since nobody picked him up off waivers? (Just give them cash to eat up his salary)

Chinook
11-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Can't they trade LJC since nobody picked him up off waivers? (Just give them cash to eat up his salary)

No

Chinook
11-19-2016, 04:06 PM
How about the Spurs also acquire the right to exchange first round picks?

They gave that right to Philly.

tholdren
11-19-2016, 04:22 PM
who would want that clown?

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 04:31 PM
who would want that clown?

It was for salary matching purposes. (Fat Head+2nd Rd pick should be enough for Casspi)

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 04:32 PM
No

:bang

dabom
11-19-2016, 04:40 PM
It was for salary matching purposes. (Fat Head+2nd Rd pick should be enough for Casspi)

Spurs arent sending a 2nd round pick.

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 04:49 PM
Spurs arent sending a 2nd round pick.

They gave up a 2nd rd pick for Ray only to waive him mid-season.:lol

If Fat Head is expendable then they would essentially be trading a 2nd rd pick in the 50s for Casspi.

YZiKsaBG-FI

dabom
11-19-2016, 04:53 PM
They gave up a 2nd rd pick for Ray only to waive him mid-season.:lol

If Fat Head is expendable then they would essentially be trading a 2nd rd pick in the 50s for Casspi.

YZiKsaBG-FI

And it didn't workout. Why would they do it again?

objective
11-19-2016, 05:01 PM
No way to match salaries. Forbes isn't enough combined with Anderson either.

Not giving up Simmons just to drop Anderson.

apalisoc_9
11-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Thank god its not possible. Wouldnt want that land stealer anywhere close to my favourite team.

Spurtacular
11-19-2016, 05:13 PM
Thank god its not possible. Wouldnt want that land stealer anywhere close to my favourite team.

Safe space poster still talking.

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 05:13 PM

...b/c Casspi is actually a rotation player which is something I can't say for 99.9% of late 2nd rd picks.:wakeup

dabom
11-19-2016, 05:17 PM
...b/c Casspi is actually a rotation player which is something I can't say for 99.9% of late 2nd rd picks.:wakeup

Except the Spurs have a better record than the 29 other teams with late first and second round picks. :lol

Spurtacular
11-19-2016, 05:18 PM

Nothing wrong with Black Ollie. I just wouldn't take him over Jimmer.

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 05:19 PM

PATFO could still ship out Kyle/Simmons (wouldn't have to give up a 2nd rd pick) for Casspi & sign Gary Payton II to replace Simmons.

If Casspi is on the roster then Simmons would be competing for minutes w/ Manu anyways & GPII can defend PGs better than Simmons.

Come playoff time, the rotation is going to be shortened so the 11th man isn't going to matter much:

Pau/Dedmon
LMA/Lee
Kawhi/Casspi (Marco w/ the D!)
Danny/Manu
Porker/Patty

Designated defensive stopper: GP II

:lobt2:

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 05:20 PM
Except the Spurs have a better record than the 29 other teams with late first and second round picks. :lol

Last I checked the Kings didn't have a problem trading for the Spurs late 2nd rd pick.:lol

dabom
11-19-2016, 05:22 PM
Last I checked the Kings didn't have a problem trading for the Spurs late 2nd rd pick.:lol

I don't know what that has to do with my statement. :lol

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 05:24 PM
I don't know what that has to do with my statement. :lol

I assumed you were implying that nobody wants the 56th pick in the draft?:wakeup

dabom
11-19-2016, 05:26 PM
I assumed you were implying that nobody wants the 56th pick in the draft?:wakeup

I was saying that the pick is of more value to the Spurs just because they can find a diamond in the rough. Not that nobody wants that pick.

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 05:28 PM
I was saying that the pick is of more value to the Spurs just because they can find a diamond in the rough. Not that nobody wants that pick.

Again, they traded a 2nd rd pick for a fringe player who's a couple of tiers below Casspi.:lol

.....and so much for finding a diamond in the rough when Fat Head is getting outplayed by a D-League player.

dabom
11-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Again, they traded a 2nd rd pick for a fringe player who's a couple of tiers below Casspi.:lol

.....and so much for finding a diamond in the rough when Fat Head is getting outplayed by a D-League player.

It didn't workout though. :lol

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 05:38 PM
It didn't workout though. :lol

Casspi is a known commodity who would at worst be Marco 2.0 in the Spurs system, that's better than any 2nd rd pick the Spurs have drafted since 1999.:lol

PATFO have recently made a career out of picking up undrafted players & role players via free agency: Danny/Patty/Baynes/Boban/Simmons/Diaw/Neal/Marco

dabom
11-19-2016, 05:45 PM
Casspi is a known commodity who would at worst be Marco 2.0 in the Spurs system, that's better than any 2nd rd pick the Spurs have drafted since 1999.:lol

PATFO have recently made a career out of picking up undrafted players & role players via free agency: Danny/Patty/Baynes/Boban/Simmons/Diaw/Neal/Marco

I'm not gonna argue this because it ain't happening. :lol

tholdren
11-19-2016, 05:47 PM

casspi sucks dude. And hes on a trash run team that pads every player on that team.

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 05:49 PM
casspi sucks dude. And hes on a trash run team that pads every player on that team.

Casspi & Marco played on the same team last year, Casspi looked like Chandler Parsons compared to Marco.:lol

tholdren
11-19-2016, 05:52 PM
Casspi & Marco played on the same team last year, Casspi looked like Chandler Parsons compared to Marco.:lol
Then why does his win shares and per look like shit his whole career?

LittleCriminal
11-19-2016, 06:04 PM
Anderson for PJ Tucker would be nice.

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 06:06 PM
Then why does his win shares and per look like shit his whole career?

Casspi has a better career PER & an equivalent WS/48 as Marco despite playing for shitty teams.:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 06:09 PM
Anderson for PJ Tucker would be nice.

Suns don't need another young player, they dumped Goodwin for nothing.

tholdren
11-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Casspi has a better career PER & an equivalent WS/48 as Marco despite playing for shitty teams.:lol
I wasn't comparing those two - I was discussing Casspi's terrible career play, and would assume that if he is better, it's only minimally in both areas, than simmons and/or anderson.

Kawhitstorm
11-19-2016, 06:58 PM
I wasn't comparing those two - I was discussing Casspi's terrible career play, and would assume that if he is better, it's only minimally in both areas, than simmons and/or anderson.

What the hell do Simmons/Fat Head excel in to warrant a permanent rotation spot?:lol

Casspi is one of the best shooters at the wing position in the ENTIRE league & last I checked folks on ST have been complaining about the lack of volume 3 point shooting outside of Kawhi/Patty/Danny/Manu. Unlike Marco, Casspi is also big enough to play stretch 4 & not get killed on the boards.
Pop is out there trying to turn Bertans into a rotation player b/c Fat Head has been playing like ass.:wakeup

Imagine Casspi getting WIDE OPEN corner 3s like Fat Head::wow

I just hope he doesn't end up on the Cripples b/c their starting 5 would be unstoppable w/ ReDick/Casspi as the weak-side shooters.

SpursIndonesia
11-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Casspi is a nice player off the bench, and Anderson has been a dead weight this season, but i would not want to lose any more athleticism on the perimeter out of this athletically challenged team by sending Simmons in the trade as well.

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2016, 01:20 AM
Casspi is a nice player off the bench, and Anderson has been a dead weight this season, but i would not want to lose any more athleticism on the perimeter out of this athletically challenged team by sending Simmons in the trade as well.

Have you noticed how inconsistent Simmons has been since the season opener against the Duds?:wakeup

There is no way the team can count on him in the postseason. He is shooting 37% in November & hasn't hit a 3; he was so bad on defense against the Kings that he couldn't get minutes against the Lakers. Gary Payton II can do what Simmons has been doing in November & he's actually a better defender/rebounder/ball handler.

SUW35plWbjU

Danny is just going to have to play 35+ in the postseason just like Kawhi since he's a better option than any of the backups even when his shot is off. Manu can give you 15 solid minutes & Casspi can score enough against backups to at least be net neutral ala Marco. GP II could be used in spots ala CoJo when the team needs a defensive stopper if Manu/Patty are getting torched.

gambit1990
11-20-2016, 01:11 PM
there's noise about cousins possibly getting traded. which isn't something new but maybe the levee will break...

spurtech09
11-20-2016, 05:11 PM
What team would want Anderson?

SAGirl
11-21-2016, 01:28 AM
With the rumors on possible trades for Cousins, one wonders what can be obtained in the Kings fire sale and whether RC can get in on it (or whether RC even wants to).

spurraider21
11-21-2016, 04:36 AM
What team would want Anderson?yeah... this is the problem with all these trade threads. trade parker! trade anderson! i still remember when spurfan would fantasize about trade bonner, blair, neal in a package for an allstar :lol

TD 21
11-21-2016, 07:59 PM
No way to match salaries. Forbes isn't enough combined with Anderson either.

Not giving up Simmons just to drop Anderson.

Anderson, Forbes, Laprovitolla and cash (to cover the latter 2's salaries, since the Kings don't have roster space and would waive them).

Casspi would be a clear upgrade on Anderson and Simmons and this would free up 2 open roster spots to balance the roster. Sure, they could do that now if they really wanted to, but this way they'd have something to show for Forbes and Laprovitolla in case they eventually become a rotation player elsewhere.

spursistan
11-21-2016, 11:07 PM
Relying on Simms/Anderson in the playoffs is a death sentence; we simply need a trade for a proven rotation guy who could give you a solid 15-20 minutes in the Belinelli/Neal mold ..Package the two and sweeten the pot with a pick--something has to be done before the trade deadline..

objective
11-21-2016, 11:12 PM
Their roster is full, and the inactives are first round picks.

I think they would have to clear roster spots to accept extra players even if they want to cut them later. They aren't going to cut anyone.

Kawhitstorm
11-21-2016, 11:31 PM
Their roster is full, and the inactives are first round picks.

I think they would have to clear roster spots to accept extra players even if they want to cut them later. They aren't going to cut anyone.

The Kings could bring a 3rd team & unload someone like Simmons for a 2nd rd pick.

timtonymanu
11-22-2016, 01:34 AM
I wonder if Pelicans could part trade one of ET Moore/Frazier to us. Maybe the Monty connection would help.

ElNono
11-22-2016, 01:37 AM
If you throw in Kawhi with him, I'm not sure anybody is biting, tbh...

Kawhitstorm
11-22-2016, 02:00 AM
I wonder if Pelicans could part trade one of ET Moore/Frazier to us. Maybe the Monty connection would help.

Considering that they might lose Jrue in the summer & his injury history it doesn't make sense to trade Moore/Frazier especially since they have a reasonable contract.