PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Clarkson selected AFTER Kyle worthless Anderson

Kikoluna
11-20-2016, 07:18 AM
I just saw the 2014 Draft selections and number 46th caught my eye. Lakers got explosive athletic Clarkson and who did we get? That's right, Kyle worthless Anderson, 16 PICKS earlier! Lol, I wonder how that conversation went." Hey pop, this kid from Missouri, Clarkson, can be dynamic offensively" , "no, I like Kyle13 minute mile Anderson and his classic dribble curl to defenders and then pass out to teammate 5 ft.outside the 3 line and with a defender on him"

Mel_13
11-20-2016, 07:27 AM
I just saw the 2014 Draft selections and number 46th caught my eye. Lakers got explosive athletic Clarkson and who did we get? That's right, Kyle worthless Anderson, 16 PICKS earlier! Lol, I wonder how that conversation went." Hey pop, this kid from Missouri, Clarkson, can be dynamic offensively" , "no, I like Kyle13 minute mile Anderson and his classic dribble curl to defenders and then pass out to teammate 5 ft.outside the 3 line and with a defender on him"

You might want to upgrade from dial-up.

TheDoctor
11-20-2016, 09:08 AM
CoJo over Jimmy Butler was worst tbh

Russ
11-20-2016, 09:12 AM
"Hey pop, this kid from Missouri, Clarkson, can be dynamic offensively"

Actually, he's from San Antonio and went to Wagner High.

Ice009
11-20-2016, 09:52 AM

How in the heck did the Spurs miss out on a local kid? Sean ****** even said that he knew his dad when Clarkson was a kid. His Dad kept telling Sean that his kid can ball.

8FOR!3
11-20-2016, 10:07 AM
How in the heck did the Spurs miss out on a local kid? Sean ****** even said that he knew his dad when Clarkson was a kid. His Dad kept telling Sean that his kid can ball.

I mean everybody's dad thinks their kid can ball lol

Raven
11-20-2016, 10:12 AM
why are you guys such suckers for combo guards? They are literally the least valuable player types...

palangi
11-20-2016, 10:16 AM
Westbrook?

Chinook
11-20-2016, 10:18 AM
I really wanted Clarkson in the off-season, but bigger miss was Jokic.

Kikoluna
11-20-2016, 11:05 AM

Yeah it's well documented he's from San Antonio, I meant where he played his last year of college ball, Missouri

Kikoluna
11-20-2016, 11:08 AM
CoJo over Jimmy Butler was worst tbh

Yeah that's bad but at least cojo can ball and has the heart of a lion. Kyle is just garbage

cjw
11-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Yeah that's bad but at least cojo can ball and has the heart of a lion. Kyle is just garbage

Right, CoJo belongs in the league as at least a good backup PG and provided good value at the back of the first round. The fact that an All Star went right after him - one that plays roughly the same position as a guy the Spurs took earlier in the same draft (Kawhi) and having just traded a PG makes the pick totally defendable.

The Anderson pick was one where the Spurs had the luxury of drafting BPA and almost got snookered into thinking "the Spurs could do it again". Just like LJC, a totally wasted pick.

From Downtown
11-20-2016, 02:11 PM
I've said this before, but Jokic was such a Spurslike pick I can't believe we didn't select him

GSH
11-20-2016, 02:31 PM
You might want to upgrade from dial-up.

:lol

Kawhi Leonard was taken AFTER Jimmer Fredette and Jan Vesely. Shit happens.

William Hung
11-20-2016, 02:41 PM

:lmao

apalisoc_9
11-20-2016, 03:13 PM
Clarkson off the bench would make the spurs close to even with the warriors and better than LA...such a shame.

raybies
11-20-2016, 03:23 PM
I wanted jokic that year. His stats in correlation with his age were very good.

TheGreatYacht
11-20-2016, 06:20 PM
" Hey pop, this kid from Missouri, Clarkson, can be dynamic offensively"

:pop: "no, I like Kyle13 minute mile Anderson and his classic dribble curl to defenders and then pass out to teammate 5 ft.outside the 3 line and with a defender on him"

spursistan
11-20-2016, 06:25 PM
RC Buford is an overrated talent evaluator..wish Sam Presti gets fired in Oklahoma and comes back to SA in some capacity..Spurs are going to need find gems in the late draft to extend their contention run and that's where Sam excels..

dabom
11-20-2016, 06:38 PM

He forgot "with a defender on him ... with 2 seconds on the shot clock" :lol

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2016, 08:06 PM

Clarkson isn't even as good as Jeremy Lin b/c he sucks at play-making/defense, scoring combo guards who can't play defense are a dime a dozen which is why Lou Williams ended up on the Lakers after winning 6MOTY.:lol Waiters, who's the same age as Clarkson, is a better 2-way player & would be racking in cash if he ever accepted his 6th man role.

On the other hand, there aren't that many bigs as skilled as Jokic in the ENTIRE league.

-21-
11-20-2016, 08:10 PM
Clarkson isn't even as good as Jeremy Lin b/c he sucks at play-making/defense, scoring combo guards who can't play defense are a dime a dozen which is why Lou Williams ended up on the Lakers after winning 6MOTY.:lol Waiters, who's the same age as Clarkson, is a better 2-way player & would be racking in cash if he ever accepted his 6th man role.

On the other hand, there aren't that many bigs as skilled as Jokic in the ENTIRE league.

Dude, I agree that Lin>Clarkson but Waiters is TRASH. He's several tiers below Lin and Clarkson.

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2016, 08:15 PM
Clarkson off the bench would make the spurs close to even with the warriors and better than LA...such a shame.

Lou Williams has outplayed Clarkson by a good margin the past two seasons & you think he's going to swing a series?:lol

Kawhitstorm
11-20-2016, 08:24 PM
Dude, I agree that Lin>Clarkson but Waiters is TRASH. He's several tiers below Lin and Clarkson.

Waiters has a big ego like Lance Stephenson thus has to play w/ vets otherwise he's going to self-destruct.:lol

Waiters reminds me of Stephen Jackson/JR Smith who both were key starters on a championship team when they were surrounded w/ vets. He played well on BOTH ENDS in the playoffs (absolutely shutdown Shaun Livingston & torched Manu) & WestBrick/Dominos were the ones supposedly keeping him in check.:lmao

HBabXXJmxXE

Holden_Caulfield
11-20-2016, 08:56 PM
Clarkson is so overrated but i do believe hes way better than kyle at this point

DeRozan m8
11-20-2016, 09:13 PM
why are you guys such suckers for combo guards? They are literally the least valuable player types...

Because a player like Kyle is wayyyy worse.

Try twist it to suit your agenda though....

TheGreatYacht
11-20-2016, 10:03 PM
I don't think people realize just how lopsided the difference is between these two..

Kyle Anderson - 2.4ppg, 3.3reb, 1apg on 34.4FG%
Jordan Clarkson - 15.2ppg, 2.7reb 2.1apg on 49.4FG%

Fat head has started more than half of his games played this year and is putting up Skip Bayless in high school numbers, while Clarkson hasn't started a game. One is D-League role player material, the other is a legit 6MOY candidate

bluebellmaniac
11-20-2016, 10:13 PM
I don't understand either. Obviously you're allowed to change picks a couple years after you draft so why haven't we done so? Doesn't make any sense!

cutewizard
11-20-2016, 10:48 PM
:bobo

Raven
11-20-2016, 11:33 PM
Because a player like Kyle is wayyyy worse.

Try twist it to suit your agenda though....

not really hard, a player like clarkson can be brought in for peanuts

sasaint
11-20-2016, 11:36 PM
not really hard, a player like clarkson can be brought in for peanuts

Then why haven't the Spurs done so? None of their "peanuts" players are remotely as good as Clarkson.

Raven
11-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Then why haven't the Spurs done so? None of their "peanuts" players are remotely as good as Clarkson.

They all are.

daslicer
11-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Can't get angry at the Spurs drafting Anderson. It's hard to find great picks at number 30. Sometimes you get lucky and find a gem but a lot of times it's difficult to spot someone who can produce at that draft position.

sasaint
11-20-2016, 11:42 PM
They all are.

Wow, I thought I was a homer!

vander
11-20-2016, 11:45 PM
yeah, Spurs would definitely be better off now if they would have just drafted the eventual best possible player with all of their draft picks the last few years.

TheGreatYacht
11-20-2016, 11:56 PM
You name me a player that was chosen in that draft, and I'll show you a better player than Kyle Anderson

SuperCam
11-21-2016, 12:04 AM
You name me a player that was chosen in that draft, and I'll show you a better player than Kyle Anderson

K.J McDaniels
Jerami Grant
Jokic :bang
Dwight Powell
Clarkson :bang

All drafted after fat head and all better than him :(

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2016, 12:11 AM
K.J McDaniels
Jerami Grant
Jokic :bang
Dwight Powell
Clarkson :bang

All drafted after fat head and all better than him :(
:pctoss:

and to think garbage ass Tony snell can get you Carter-Williams in this league. RC needs to start making calls

phxspurfan
11-21-2016, 12:32 AM