PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

RD2191
11-21-2016, 09:01 AM
Or is anyone else disinterested in the Spurs this season? There's just no excitement imo.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-21-2016, 09:09 AM
The team is on a decline. A lot of fair weather fans won't stick around for the rebuild. I think this place looks very different once Parker and Gino retire

NameLess Scrub
11-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Timmy retired :depressed

MVPCues
11-21-2016, 09:25 AM
Less interest but not disinterest.

11-21-2016, 09:27 AM
The team is on a decline. A lot of fair weather fans won't stick around for the rebuild. I think this place looks very different once Parker and Gino retire

dabom
11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
4 years of trump.

MI21
11-21-2016, 09:33 AM
A few potential reasons.

1. To much Kyle Anderson
2. LMA playing like an obese 45 year old up until recently
3. No LDN
4. Pop stubbornly refusing to play Dedmon leading to layup lines for opposition at times which makes you questions the Spurs willingness to play D
5. The Spurs have only had 2 really elite opponents so far and I think everyone was excited by the Warriors game and everyone demoralised by the Clippers game, so we are waiting to see how they go against another elite team

JudynTX
11-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Turn in your Spurs card. You are either onboard or you aren't.

ducks
11-21-2016, 09:41 AM
when pop went polictial fans said I turn to sports to not think about life for 3 hours
Thanks pop for being a selfish little baby liberal fit
football did the same thing

NameLess Scrub
11-21-2016, 09:45 AM
A few potential reasons.

1. To much Kyle Anderson
3. No LDN
4. Pop stubbornly refusing to play Dedmon leading to layup lines for opposition at times which makes you questions the Spurs willingness to play D
5. The Spurs have only had 2 really elite opponents so far and I think everyone was excited by the Warriors game and everyone demoralised by the Clippers game, so we are waiting to see how they go against another elite team

This makes sense.

kaji157
11-21-2016, 09:46 AM
A couple of things are against the Forumīs interest this season, considering how things have panned out the last two seasons.

1- RS play has shown to be not a good comparison for playoffs play, as we had our best RS, and our Playoffs wrenīt so great.
2- Great RS Kawhi is not a entertainment anymore as we all are expecting to see if he is good enough to win a playoff series (yeah i am not counting dismantled Utah).
3- Tim Duncan is not here.
4- Kawhi/Aldridge iso offense is just not as attractive as other styles this team has played.
5- Very few teams really matter, i would say that right now you could narrow the list of the top 8 team of the season and be 80% right, the level in general is not good.

AFBlue
11-21-2016, 09:50 AM
There's rarely excitement early in the season. It follows the same consistent formula...Pop plays mad scientist with the line ups, new guys get used to being here, old guys get rest, the team loses some games it shouldn't, and the world keeps spinning until football is over when shit gets real.

We've had an exception or two in the last few years, but for most Spurs fans this is the norm.

Brazil
11-21-2016, 09:54 AM
brah... Tim retired

timtonymanu
11-21-2016, 09:56 AM
The regular season is just boring. There's not much contenders the league the Spurs can face every night.

I still watch as many games as I can but it's still surreal watching the team without Tim.

SPURt
11-21-2016, 10:14 AM
I'm actually enjoying this season and wouldn't call it boring. For me it's more frustrating than anything else. I'm really pulling for Bertans but his shot has been off when playing meaningful minutes recently. Kawhi started strong but Pop has been experimenting so much he ends up in the corner. Seeing Parker and Ginobili fight Father Time isn't fun either.

The fun part to me is seeing Pop figure it out real time and hoping someone emerges. At least Pau and Lee are fitting in.

Clipper Nation
11-21-2016, 10:17 AM
The Porker Effect

r0drig0lac
11-21-2016, 10:37 AM
The Spurs have only had 2 really elite opponents so far and I think everyone was excited by the Warriors game and everyone demoralised by the Clippers game, so we are waiting to see how they go against another elite team

this

bic50
11-21-2016, 10:40 AM
when pop went polictial fans said I turn to sports to not think about life for 3 hours
Politics ruin sports

coachmac87
11-21-2016, 10:48 AM
You're either a fan of basketball or not. Not a team or a player..you're either from this city or not..

Its still early in the season and typically the true NBA season begins on Christmas..football coming to an end etc. I still look forward to watching the Spurs for every game tbh. I just like watching hoops

elbamba
11-21-2016, 10:49 AM
I watch and enjoy every game. I love what Gasol has added to the team in the past 5-6 games and I think some of these players are starting to gel. I miss Duncan, but I have been with this team since the Iceman, even when we sucked with Alvin Robertson being our best player. No reason to stop watching now.

Fireball
11-21-2016, 10:57 AM
no Timmy and no real chance to win a chip ...

Joseph Kony
11-21-2016, 11:35 AM
Spurs haven't been destroying their opponents by 25 every game so that may have something to do with it

Spur|n|Austin
11-21-2016, 12:08 PM
Timmy being gone was a blow for a lot, but it's still early in the season.

About mid-way into the season when the Spurs are in 2nd will bring the cockroaches crawling back.

cd98
11-21-2016, 12:17 PM
Still football season.

SupremeGuy
11-21-2016, 12:23 PM
Or is anyone else disinterested in the Spurs this season? There's just no excitement imo.I think since the Cowboys usually suck I devote most of my fandom to the Spurs, but since they're actually winning this year, I've had to split my excitement 50/50. I get what you're talking about though, I just can't seem to get as pumped for games as I used to. Maybe it's the Tim retiring affect, mixed with the Cowboys taking some of my attention, but yeah you're right.

Maybe I'm just getting old and can't get drunk for every game anymore either. :lol

Old School 44
11-21-2016, 12:46 PM
A couple of things are against the Forumīs interest this season, considering how things have panned out the last two seasons.

1- RS play has shown to be not a good comparison for playoffs play, as we had our best RS, and our Playoffs wrenīt so great.
2- Great RS Kawhi is not a entertainment anymore as we all are expecting to see if he is good enough to win a playoff series (yeah i am not counting dismantled Utah).
3- Tim Duncan is not here.
4- Kawhi/Aldridge iso offense is just not as attractive as other styles this team has played.
5- Very few teams really matter, i would say that right now you could narrow the list of the top 8 team of the season and be 80% right, the level in general is not good.

sasaint
11-21-2016, 12:51 PM
Iso-ball featuring Kawhi and LMA is not particularly exciting. Still, I have watched every game thus far and will continuing watching as before. I love basketball, and the Spurs are still a good team full of players of excellent character. I wish they had made some different personnel moves recently, but they are still my team.

:flag:

Proxy
11-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Timmy gone and the unrealistic desire we all have to see the 2014 team's style of play return is a factor, but I'd point more towards the league being boring in general with the lack of marquee games so far. It's reflected by the team's focus and desire too. The intensity during the GS game hasn't been replicated

Hoops Czar
11-21-2016, 01:13 PM
A few potential reasons.

1. To much Kyle Anderson
3. No LDN

Where's Ginobili playing like a flat out scrub? Where's the bench is gawd awful? Where's Pop's ridiculous, outrageously laughable early season rotations? Where's when the Spurs scrubs nearly blowing an 18 point lead in less than three minutes against the Kings? Where's the beautiful game from 2012-14 is long gone? Where's didn't we see this type of mid-range and Iso style of play last year and how did that work out? Where's thie Historic defense not looking so historic? Where's side show Boban isn't around to entertain us like last year?

Spur|n|Austin
11-21-2016, 01:14 PM
I think since the Cowboys usually suck I devote most of my fandom to the Spurs, but since they're actually winning this year, I've had to split my excitement 50/50. I get what you're talking about though, I just can't seem to get as pumped for games as I used to. Maybe it's the Tim retiring affect, mixed with the Cowboys taking some of my attention, but yeah you're right.

Maybe I'm just getting old and can't get drunk for every game anymore either. :lol

:lol I hear that! I can barely stay up for a whole damn west coast game.

BatManu20
11-21-2016, 01:19 PM
No Timmy and the fact that we're not real contenders to ring this year tbh.

Darius Bieber
11-21-2016, 01:23 PM
This is what it feels like being a Portland/Mavs/Hawks fan. No real chance of winning anything come playoff time.

SuperCam
11-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Because player fans aren't real fans tbh

Quiet Strength
11-21-2016, 01:33 PM
A few potential reasons.

1. To much Kyle Anderson
3. No LDN

Yup

dabom
11-21-2016, 01:53 PM
Anyone saying we have no chance at a championship should stop being a fucking pussy tbh. :lol

Keepin' it real
11-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Boban thread ...

mbass
11-21-2016, 02:10 PM

That's what I think too - Timmy was fascinating to watch, regardless of his age or performance.

GSH
11-21-2016, 02:20 PM

There's not a lot of excitement because, deep down, nobody believes that the will go past the second round. I'll stick around for the rebuild. I just wish they had bitten the bullet this year.

1. Lottery pick next year.
2. No extension of Fathead
3. No big player option for an aging center next year.
4. The possibility of having traded an older player to stockpile assets for a rebuild. Say... someone like Parker and/or LMA?
5. Mills would have a year to prove whether he's really a starter or not, so they could keep him or trade him without worry.
6. Dedmon could have had a year of seasoning at starting center.
6. Guys like Murray and Pato, who aren't really ready for the NBA, could have gotten experience and possibly been more ready for next year.

They could have compensated Manu for past services with a big coaching salary, or some other position. Kawhi could have been one of those "stat-padders on a shitty team" that everyone is always talking about, and won the MVP that everyone wants so badly. If LMA got pissed and demanded a trade, who cares - since most everyone wants him gone anyway?

(Even Dabom doesn't really BELIEVE this team is going to win a Championship. He just likes to say "pussy".)

dabom
11-21-2016, 02:31 PM
This a top 3 team bitch. Saying we ain't "contenders" is totally bitch pussycat shit. :lmao

Mnky
11-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Or is anyone else disinterested in the Spurs this season? There's just no excitement imo.

I think it's basketball in general. Just hasn't been that interesting lately. Might be lack of competitive teams.

Only games watching are the top seeds.

NameLess Scrub
11-21-2016, 03:21 PM
I think it's basketball in general. Just hasn't been that interesting lately. Might be lack of competitive teams.

Only games watching are the top seeds.

That KD..

Spurs, imo, have a decent chance at a ring. They'll need some luck, like an injury here or there, or not facing the Clippers in their playoffs bracket. That should be enough to keep watching.

ulosturedge
11-21-2016, 03:30 PM
We curb stomped GSW in the opening game. Granted it was the first game, but if we perform/matchup well against the teams that matter we always have a shot at winning a title. I'm always along for the ride. With that said it's very early in the season and i'm not suprised people seem disinterested atm. Isn't it always like this anyways? The fans take on the demeanor of their team to some regard. That's why we are mostly chill around here and not in a constant state of panic minus a handful of individuals on this board.

Budkin
11-21-2016, 03:33 PM

Totally feeling that way. I can tell because I haven't even been upset after one of their losses.

RD2191
11-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Totally feeling that way. I can tell because I haven't even been upset after one of their losses.

Same here. I used to flip out when they'd lose but it's just like..meh. It's odd. Who knows, maybe it's me that's changing.

Mnky
11-21-2016, 04:16 PM
That KD..

Spurs, imo, have a decent chance at a ring. They'll need some luck, like an injury here or there, or not facing the Clippers in their playoffs bracket. That should be enough to keep watching.

Yea I definitely consider them contenders. LMA usually goes off for a couple games in the playoffs every series. Kathi having a stronger offensive game will alleviate it , and Gasol can help if they both go empty. Today's teams are just too good offensively. Holding teams below 25 a quarter is an achievement. Spurs have the ability to do that, and can score high. Roll of the dice.

Mnky
11-21-2016, 04:32 PM
That KD..

Yea I definitely consider them contenders. LMA usually goes off for a couple games in the playoffs every series. Kathi having a stronger offensive game will alleviate it , and Gasol can help if they both go empty. Today's teams are just too good offensively. Holding teams below 25 a quarter is an achievement. Spurs have the ability to do that, and can score high. Roll of the dice.

silverblackfan
11-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Its November.

lefty20
11-21-2016, 04:57 PM
With the Cubs winning this year I pretty much don't care if all of my other teams happens to lose. I'm still riding that high. Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice if they should win but I'm not feeling the urgency, just content.

spurs10
11-21-2016, 05:18 PM
We are the third in the WC and have only played a baker's dozen of games. Oh ye of little faith. This is likely the last year we can see Manu play and that alone makes the season must see basketball for me. I also am impressed with Lee and Dedmon's potential- Pau is getting better day by day- and it never get old watching Kawhi improve year by year. I can't wait for every game and I'm going to one right now!

spurs10
11-21-2016, 05:18 PM
Its November. :toast

Mr. Body
11-21-2016, 05:57 PM

Oh, you poor dear moron...

T Park
11-21-2016, 06:05 PM
A few potential reasons.

1. To much Kyle Anderson
3. No LDN

Don't understand the Dedmond thing when he's been injured.

Also Kyle Anderson has been practically benched.

T Park
11-21-2016, 06:06 PM
No Duncan
Parker is done
Kawhi is becoming Kobe 2.0
Aldridge is overrated

Manu is the only reason to cheer for this team. The rest is pretty meh

You ruined the benefit and despite what the guy says in the front row, you're not good.

T Park
11-21-2016, 06:07 PM
No Timmy and the fact that we're not real contenders to ring this year tbh.

Completely false. With the Warriors ruining a good thing going, they reopened the window.

DPG21920
11-21-2016, 06:14 PM
This is what it feels like being a Portland/Mavs/Hawks fan. No real chance of winning anything come playoff time.

For real? Mavs did win a title FYI. Not to mention even this version of the Spurs ceiling is much higher than all of those teams in recent years.

Lot's of spoiled fans (which is ok) but people are going to have to adjust. There is a lot to enjoy about having a really good team even if you don't win a title.

Darius Bieber
11-21-2016, 06:23 PM
For real? Mavs did win a title FYI. Not to mention even this version of the Spurs ceiling is much higher than all of those teams in recent years.

Lot's of spoiled fans (which is ok) but people are going to have to adjust. There is a lot to enjoy about having a really good team even if you don't win a title.

I meant in regards to this year.

LaMarcus Bryant
11-21-2016, 06:24 PM
Spur Fan is just waiting for Ty Montgomery to fall into their laps to start acting hard

sasaint
11-21-2016, 06:31 PM

:tu

kaji157
11-21-2016, 07:25 PM
Iso-ball featuring Kawhi and LMA is not particularly exciting. Still, I have watched every game thus far and will continuing watching as before. I love basketball, and the Spurs are still a good team full of players of excellent character. I wish they had made some different personnel moves recently, but they are still my team.

Yeah, the same here, but more casual fans will stop watching or not caring about games as much as before.

-21-
11-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Same here. I used to flip out when they'd lose but it's just like..meh. It's odd. Who knows, maybe it's me that's changing.

I feel the same way but my indifference isn't completely because of a disinterest in the team (though I'm definitely not as engrossed as previous years). I think part of it is realizing the bigger picture: It's just the regular season so some Ls are to be expected, come playoff time this team will be competing for a championship.

Anyone saying we have no chance at a championship should stop being a fucking pussy tbh. :lol

This a top 3 team bitch. Saying we ain't "contenders" is totally bitch pussycat shit. :lmao

I actually agree with dabom here. :tu

-21-
11-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Btw this is just one example of Spurs fans being spoiled, we're all guilty of it tbh. This is why the AT&T Center looks so empty on TV and part of why the Spurs are better on the road. :lol

TheGreatYacht
11-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Btw this is just one example of Spurs fans being spoiled, we're all guilty of it tbh. This is why the AT&T Center looks so empty on TV and part of why the Spurs are better on the road. :lol
Fat Antonions have been an embarrassing crowd ever since we won 5 tbh. Who knows how this team managed to lose 1 home game last season :lol

Easily a Bottom 2 crowd. Down there with Atlanta

HarlemHeat37
11-21-2016, 08:42 PM
I don't feel any differently than i have since 2014, tbh..I cheer for the Spurs, but the losses don't matter to me anymore, it's just a game involving players that wouldn't look at you if you were dying in front of them:lol

The 2014 title was the last time I felt like a fanboy, tbh..

100%duncan
11-21-2016, 09:13 PM

TD's gone.

Yeah, I wasn't even mad we lost to the Clippers in a blowout :lol

I disagree though, this team can ring.

GSH
11-21-2016, 10:55 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/hi-ban/pileofcrap.gif

dabom
11-21-2016, 10:59 PM
I guess you know not to debates with me. Tired of betting bullied. :lol

DAF86
11-21-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm interested in the Kawhi MVP chase, tbh.

-21-
11-21-2016, 11:06 PM
I don't feel any differently than i have since 2014, tbh..I cheer for the Spurs, but the losses don't matter to me anymore, it's just a game involving players that wouldn't look at you if you were dying in front of them:lol

The 2014 title was the last time I felt like a fanboy, tbh..

I almost forgot, 6 also played a big part in this. It made us numb to basically every loss since.

GSH
11-21-2016, 11:11 PM
I guess you know not to debates with me. Tired of betting bullied. :lol

LMAO. The Spurs just took a great big elephant dump on your debate. Besides, you don't debate with anybody, dumbass. My sig says it all.

dabom
11-21-2016, 11:12 PM
LMAO. The Spurs just took a great big elephant dump on your debate. Besides, you don't debate with anybody, dumbass. My sig says it all.

I my love my FANS. :lol

YGWHI
11-21-2016, 11:19 PM
I still watch every Spurs game. And I'm gonna do it forever.

Doesn't matter if they're #3 in the league or #30, I'll be there supporting them.

GSH
11-21-2016, 11:24 PM
I still watch every Spurs game. And I'm gonna do it forever.

Doesn't matter if they're #3 in the league or #30, I'll be there supporting them.

Oh, I'm still watching. But unless some miracle trades happen, this is a second-round exit team at best. I'd rather just be honest with myself and try to enjoy the nights they play good. This sure as hell wasn't one of those.

Raven
team is not fun to watch currently, they need time and work, the players are there. Just gotta stick to it tbh..

Nathan89
Yeah, it's because Kawhi and Danny are the only guys I'd keep if I could overhaul the team. I guess there are some alright bench pieces to keep too.

YGWHI
11-21-2016, 11:30 PM
Guys like Murray and Pato, who aren't really ready for the NBA...They could have compensated Manu for past services with a big coaching salary, or some other position...

It's so funny, people say 'Manu $14'... or 'November Parker'...or 'KawhIso'....or 'LMA looking like 40 years old guy'...or 'every guard beats Gasol on the pick and rolll'...

And no one mentions Pop and RC when they're the main responsibles for that.

If you have a player with no-work ethic who uses the first months of the season to get in shape... Just kick LMA ass, Pop.

If your best two offensive players go Iso when you don't want...Give them other plays. Start acting like a coach, Pop.

If you have old guards who can't defend or perform well in playoffs...Stop with the loyalty thing. This is NBA, all business, not charity, RC.

If your starting center can't give you rim protection or anything on the defensive end but Pop wants the old version of 'that player I never coached'...Stop s*cking Pop's d*ck, RC. And look for-find-sign young/elite talent to this team.

I'll support you Pop, too. But it'd be nice if you start caring about

BanditHiro
11-21-2016, 11:33 PM
Cowboys are 9-1...nobody's gonna give a shit about basketball right now with the Cowboys doing so well.

DMC
11-21-2016, 11:43 PM

No doubt you're too focused on that wall and that cold ass river. You better get a move on hombre.

RD2191
11-21-2016, 11:46 PM
No doubt you're too focused on that wall and that cold ass river. You better get a move on hombre.

:lmao

The_Coyote
11-21-2016, 11:48 PM
Cymbalta can help.

SAGirl
11-22-2016, 12:34 AM
I am still enjoying it but I like basketball anyways and I am the kind to follow a team through thick and thin. After Timmy I don't think spurs have the upper hand with potential unexpected for his age HOF like performances (Clippers series was epic! I will always remember that from Tim at nearly 39!), and after Manu retires there's not another Manu walking back in. Just got to enjoy him now TBH.

It's going to be a headache to watch younger players struggle at times, but Spurs have to navigate some deep waters trying to develop players while contending too. You can't acquire everything you need in FA bc FA is a beast, teams are overpaying roleplayers and even overpaying their guys just to prevent exodus in talent. And the guys they have signed on short deals are a threat to leave in FA or get their dues as well. Spurs are going to have to develop some guys, so if that's too tough to watch for some, I guess I understand, but it can't be avoided and it may get worse in upcoming seasons unless they hit the jackpot with someone somewhere....

Barfunk
11-22-2016, 10:21 AM
Nope. Still a big fan, and still have been interested in the Spurs this year.

Ditty
11-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Still football season.

11-22-2016, 10:32 AM
:lol I hear that! I can barely stay up for a whole damn west coast game.
Yeah here on the east coast it's brutal trying to stay up for a west coast game :lol

Leetonidas
11-22-2016, 10:41 AM
Tims departure imo

pgardn
11-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Still watching and engaged.
Pop is always interesting with who he plays and what exactly he is trying to do.

Dedmon and Simmons could have a huge effect on this team if they come around. And who does not enjoy watching KL. It's a very interesting season for us. The journey through the regular season really means something this year. I have not shut the book on our chances. It will be very tough but that's ok.

Russo21
11-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Duncan is gone
LMA and Kawhi offense is shit to watch
You want to beat the snot out of Pop every damn game. Too much experimenting and stupid cutesy shit. He has lost his mind.

Trainwreck2100
11-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Kawhi shooting too much, IMO part of the process in honing his overall game so I'm ok with it.
Aldrige being playoff Aldrige
Pao being playoff Aldrige
No Boban

hater
11-22-2016, 02:48 PM
This is the first year we know for certain we wont ring. Unless all 3 of lebron/cp3/eliancito get instant AIDS.

So yeah of course. This is the first year we know for sure we are a 1st or 2nd round exit

phxspurfan
11-22-2016, 04:29 PM

this

Seventyniner
11-22-2016, 06:09 PM
The Spurs are at least a 2011 Mavs-level contender. Nobody gave them any chance early in the season with the Phil Jackson Lakers coming off two straight titles and the advent of the Heatles.

T Park
11-22-2016, 11:50 PM
Wow!!. A Randy Watson joke!!. Your boyfriend must be proud of you!!

Jesus Christ it was a coming to America joke.

Crawl back into your basement.

Bender
11-23-2016, 07:52 AM
I'm also not as interested as usual, for many of the same reasons already mentioned in this thread.

Pop's political rant really turned me off. The team passes the ball around way too much and it seems like nobody wants to take a shot until someone finally has to take a crappy shot, Kyle doesn't excite me, Danny hardly ever plays, Dedmon hardly plays, and it's hard to believe that the team pays almost 30 mil to Manu and Tony. Pop doesn't seem like he cares much anymore, at least about basketball and winning.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-23-2016, 11:02 AM
The Spurs are at least a 2011 Mavs-level contender. Nobody gave them any chance early in the season with the Phil Jackson Lakers coming off two straight titles and the advent of the Heatles.

No way, absolutely not. Kawhi can't even reach half of what Dirk did in 2011. His shooting is too inconsistent and he's still figuring things out. Dirk was a seasoned veteran and went into god mode during those playoffs. Also, the Mavs supporting cast (Kidd, Terry) were fantastic. 90% of the Spurs roster is far too inconsistent to make any noise come playoff time. The ceiling for this team is the second barring a trade.

NameLess Scrub
11-23-2016, 11:25 AM
No way, absolutely not. Kawhi can't even reach half of what Dirk did in 2011. His shooting is too inconsistent and he's still figuring things out. Dirk was a seasoned veteran and went into god mode during those playoffs. Also, the Mavs supporting cast (Kidd, Terry) were fantastic. 90% of the Spurs roster is far too inconsistent to make any noise come playoff time. The ceiling for this team is the second barring a trade.

Idk, Mavs were 3rd seed with an already aging Dirk and an injured Caron Butler going into the playoffs.

I might be wrong, but I didn't expect them to make it out of the conference. I also didn't expect guys like Barea, Marion, Terry, Stevenson and Kidd would have the impact they had. It was a nice surprise to see them perform like that, specially vs the Heat.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Idk, Mavs were 3rd seed with an already aging Dirk and an injured Caron Butler going into the playoffs.

I might be wrong, but I didn't expect them to make it out of the conference. I also didn't expect guys like Barea, Marion, Terry, Stevenson and Kidd would have the impact they had. It was a nice surprise to see them perform like that, specially vs the Heat.

You're right about that, Mavs winning the 2011 title was on the biggest NBA playoff shocks over the past 25 years. But this Spurs team doesn't have anything close to the ceiling of that Mavs team. This is the most flawed Spurs team we've had in a long long time, and while I'd love to be proven wrong, I can't see this team pushing the Clippers past 5 games in the second round, or limit the Warriors enough to take the series. Spurs won't beat GS 4 times out of 7.

DrSteffo
11-23-2016, 01:22 PM
Just to add some reasons for ppl like me losing some interest in the regular season and this forum, 1) For me, the International League Pass price increased a lot. I could still afford it, no problem, but would not pay that amount anyway (I'm Swedish like Pirate bay). 2) I miss the good old posters here. Sure, I should try post quality stuff myself instead of complaining but not all fans are good writers and English isn't my first language. 3) I don't like the young players of this team. Had hopes for Bertans. 4) I'm getting older and have lots of other responsibilities in life (Swedish women are hot but demanding).

sasaint
11-23-2016, 01:36 PM
Just to add some reasons for ppl like me losing some interest in the regular season and this forum, 1) For me, the International League Pass price increased a lot. I could still afford it, no problem, but would not pay that amount anyway (I'm Swedish like Pirate bay). 2) I miss the good old posters here. Sure, I should try post quality stuff myself instead of complaining but not all fans are good writers and English isn't my first language. 3) I don't like the young players of this team. Had hopes for Bertans. 4) I'm getting older and have lots of other responsibilities in life (Swedish women are hot but demanding).

I encourage you to post more. I believe the forum has a number of posters who do not use English as their primary language. But at least you have your priorities in good order! :toast

DrSteffo
11-23-2016, 01:41 PM
I encourage you to post more. I believe the forum has a number of posters who do not use English as their primary language. But at least you have your priorities in good order! :toast

Thanks mate, cheers!

NameLess Scrub
11-23-2016, 01:42 PM

Sounded like bragplaining :lol

sasaint
11-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Yeah, it's because Kawhi and Danny are the only guys I'd keep if I could overhaul the team. I guess there are some alright bench pieces to keep too.

Pretty much this. But even with his limitations, I love Patty. And I am keeping my fingers crossed for Deadman. And against all odds I keep hoping that Simmons and/or Kyle will break out - not that I would keep either player if I could magically overhaul the team. Living in San Antonio, I will always root for the team, but at least I have a few individual players who attract my interest. On the other hand, I am not an LMA fan, and every time I see Pau I am pretty resentful that he chose the Bulls over the Spurs at a time when he might have made a difference. And his occasional lack of focus/effort on D get under my skin.

DrSteffo
11-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Sounded like bragplaining :lol

Maybe, if you zoom in on number four. Get laid. Cheers mate!

PopTheGOAT
11-23-2016, 09:45 PM
It's November tbh

RD2191
12-30-2016, 04:33 PM
:sleep I might be one those guys that just tunes in for the playoffs. This shit is just too boring. Respect to the beisbol guys tbh.

tholdren
12-31-2016, 04:40 PM
Chuck is right, the NBA is terrible to watch. There are literally no fundamentally skilled players anymore. The rivalries are non-existent because there are no highly competitive players left. NBA has done itself a terrible disservice and traded skill for an occasional highlight, and no defense, by letting AAU's dictate college and professional basketball. Score 30 in aau = go to college. Score 20 in one game in college when you are a fresh or soph, go pro. Pair that with spoiled professionals who take games off for "rest" (again the lack of wanting to compete) and the meaningless 82 game season where you can predict the top 8 teams from each conference before the start of the year... you have a dwindling product. Dont beat the best, join the best.

ElNono
12-31-2016, 04:47 PM
OP likes to eat lonches in Nuevo Progreso and then shit them in Limburgo, tbh

RD2191
12-31-2016, 04:57 PM
OP likes to eat lonches in Nuevo Progreso and then shit them in Limburgo, tbh

:lmao

RD2191
12-31-2016, 04:58 PM
Chuck is right, the NBA is terrible to watch. There are literally no fundamentally skilled players anymore. The rivalries are non-existent because there are no highly competitive players left. NBA has done itself a terrible disservice and traded skill for an occasional highlight, and no defense, by letting AAU's dictate college and professional basketball. Score 30 in aau = go to college. Score 20 in one game in college when you are a fresh or soph, go pro. Pair that with spoiled professionals who take games off for "rest" (again the lack of wanting to compete) and the meaningless 82 game season where you can predict the top 8 teams from each conference before the start of the year... you have a dwindling product. Dont beat the best, join the best.

Great post TBH

DPG21920
12-31-2016, 05:29 PM
No fundamental players? The Spurs are literally filled to the brim with them :lol

tholdren
12-31-2016, 09:05 PM
No fundamental players? The Spurs are literally filled to the brim with them :lol
Spurs have 2 fundamental players on both sides of the ball. KL and Manu. These two are also the most competitive. Can you elaborate on the other fundamental players on the team? I'll even admit that KA is probably the third on the list - but he's anti competitive just like Danny Green.

DPG21920
01-01-2017, 12:28 AM
Spurs have 2 fundamental players on both sides of the ball. KL and Manu. These two are also the most competitive. Can you elaborate on the other fundamental players on the team? I'll even admit that KA is probably the third on the list - but he's anti competitive just like Danny Green.

Pau Gasol is one of the most fundamental players in the league. Sure, on defense he's not a stud, but offensively this team has a tremendous amount of skill players. Bigs that can shoot from anywhere on the floor. Guys that can shoot from mid-range. A team full of guys that can play (and often do) 2+ positions and make solid passes.